test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coins of Waukeen Event Now Live!

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey everyone,

Adventurers, the Coins of Waukeen event has returned! Keep an eye out for those Coin Purses as you adventure through Neverwinter!

Head here more information about the event rewards: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5004423

Thanks,
Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Righto...just as soon as my patch finishes downloading!!

*checks patch progress*

*headdesks*

Err....eventually.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Rewards: 256k RAD, geez I already have 1.5m rad in my main char :( are they boe/boa? :rolleyes:
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • agentpattersonagentpatterson Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is it strange that I think Waukeen is the only latino goddess? It should be called Coins of Joaquin just to make the pronounciation easier XD
    On topic: I think this update is awesome and Im looking forward to the loot :D
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Anyone have any luck getting Waukeen's Coin Purses from Sword Coast Adventures?

I just completed a tier 4 adventure and got zero purses.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Wait a second. Last time during event it was 256k Astral Diamonds if you got lucky (http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1000891. Now it says "Up to 256k Astral Diamonds". So even if I get lucky to get AD for 32 purses I may get much less because of that "up to"?
    edited May 2014
    Rewards: 256k RAD, geez I already have 1.5m rad in my main char :( are they boe/boa? :rolleyes:

They're not bound at all.
    yokanaan wrote: »
    Wait a second. Last time during event it was 256k Astral Diamonds if you got lucky (http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1000891. Now it says "Up to 256k Astral Diamonds". So even if I get lucky to get AD for 32 purses I may get much less because of that "up to"?

Yep, up to. 700 rAD twice. Last time I maxed out my daily rAD in about ten, twelve purses.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Tymora is the goddess of good fortune, best to pray to her too! Just be glad Besheba has declined in power, else you may have some misfortune also!
  • tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just waiting on the patch to finish too. It'll be finished sometime by next years Waukeen event.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Tymora is the goddess of good fortune, best to pray to her too! Just be glad Besheba has declined in power, else you may have some misfortune also!

HA I love it when you guys get all into character lol. I hope Tymora smiles on me more in the next few days than she has the past few weeks, IWD is not being kind in that area so maybe Tymora can give me a bit of a leg up in luck :)
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Are the pants bound on pickup or account?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Are the pants bound on pickup or account?
    They used to be bind on pickup. I am not sure if that's changed to be in line with CTA rewards.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The purse drop rate seems to be way lower than it used to be. 23 purses from ~500 monsters is terrible compared to what we could get last year.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They used to be bind on pickup. I am not sure if that's changed to be in line with CTA rewards.

God I hope not. You could BUY the peg leg and it was account bound.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what a massive, massive disappointment....the expected values of the drops has dropped so much, due to the reduction of the RAD numbers that it really isn't worthwhile to farm the purses like last year..

Ah, well....
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited May 2014
    I played my foundry mission 4 times for the foundry daily. It has 93 mobs in it. So that's 372 mobs. When I was done, I had 39 coin purses. I then ran my other wizard through Dread Ring and Sharandar (didn't do any of the lairs, just the dailies), when I was done, she had 28 coin purses. Not sure why ya'll are having such a poor experience, it seems the same to me.

Update: I just did all 3 Dread Ring Lairs and got 2 in Phantasmal, 4 in Spire, and 3 in Forge.
    edited May 2014
    I played my foundry mission 4 times for the foundry daily. It has 93 mobs in it. So that's 372 mobs. When I was done, I had 39 coin purses. I then ran my other wizard through Dread Ring and Sharandar (didn't do any of the lairs, just the dailies), when I was done, she had 28 coin purses. Not sure why ya'll are having such a poor experience, it seems the same to me.

Update: I just did all 3 Dread Ring Lairs and got 2 in Phantasmal, 4 in Spire, and 3 in Forge.

I'n not getting a poor drop rate - it seems close to 10%, just as last time....kill groups of 5 mobs at a time, and typically every other group will drop a purse.

No, the "poor experience" I am having is because of the reduction of the AD inside....I have opened a few purses and never gotten more than 700AD - likewise, the most I have gotten from a strongbox is 5500 AD. Sure, it may well be that the purse drops "up to 8000" and the strongbox "up to 64000", but what matters to me is not the theoretical maximum, but the expected average return....and that is way, way lower than last year.

In other words, it is not worth it to spend time farming the event - sure, I will take purses that drop while I'm doing other stuff, but I'm not going to make any effort to get them.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    ... it is not worth it to spend time farming the event - sure, I will take purses that drop while I'm doing other stuff, but I'm not going to make any effort to get them.
    With my RNG experiences in this game, my sentiment exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Considering how rarely these events are run it is weird that they feel the need to nerf them to the extent that they do , Tymoras was nerfed and now this , add the fact that they BoP everything they can and it is like they are trying to suck every little bit of enjoyment out of the game that they possibly can...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • pitirre34prpitirre34pr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'n not getting a poor drop rate - it seems close to 10%, just as last time....kill groups of 5 mobs at a time, and typically every other group will drop a purse.

No, the "poor experience" I am having is because of the reduction of the AD inside....I have opened a few purses and never gotten more than 700AD - likewise, the most I have gotten from a strongbox is 5500 AD. Sure, it may well be that the purse drops "up to 8000" and the strongbox "up to 64000", but what matters to me is not the theoretical maximum, but the expected average return....and that is way, way lower than last year.

In other words, it is not worth it to spend time farming the event - sure, I will take purses that drop while I'm doing other stuff, but I'm not going to make any effort to get them.

That's right, the drop rate it's very similar to last year (did it on other character/account) kill mobs in group and you will be fine, but the nerf to the Astral Diamond, i don't feel it was necessary, sure lots of people have lots of AD and/or lots of RAD, but what about the others? Anyways, the past events are getting worst and worst, if this was a way to force people to buy zen so they can turn into AD, bad tactic, if it was other thing, I'd like to know (not from players). As for me, I'm not farming, not going to waste time farming a lot to have an "Up-to" chance. Very disappointing.
    edited May 2014

I would surmise that the goal was not to wreck the economy and/or leave many players with more rAD than they could possibly refine in a reasonable period. That, and given the still-rampant issue of gold/AD farmers, it would have been prudent to nerf that source. Just my opinion, anyway.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would surmise that the goal was not to wreck the economy and/or leave many players with more rAD than they could possibly refine in a reasonable period. That, and given the still-rampant issue of gold/AD farmers, it would have been prudent to nerf that source. Just my opinion, anyway.

The worst thing is, i took 3 days off work just for this event. Now i have gotten 2800 rough AD since thursday from purses. This is inacceptable and only affects casual players, not the AD farmers since they have 30+ bots running at once.

So yeah, compared to last year's event people do have a right to be very disapointed.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ive opened up 100 purses and recieved about 2000 rad.. Ill farm some more and open up a few of the treasure boxes now, but overall, ya, its not worth the time to farm, however, because I am doing 3 IWD dailies multiple HEs and still doing 1 toon through sharander and dreadring , Im farming anyways, just because I have to for dailies/boons, if I didn't I would be back in running everyone through dailiy pvp instead, as its a better time investment.

Im sorry that the game seems to have gold/ad farmers, but so doesnt EVERY mmo, your penalizing the general populace instead. Im sure a few lucky people will get a few hundred thousand unrefined and ask what all the complaints are about, thats generally what happens in other mmos Ive played (Like special giveaways during spring/winter /fall festivals, where 10% will get it on the first ten minutes and the rest of the people will play 100 hours during the events and not get them.

This is what I hate about random giveaways, I wish every event instead have a grind cap limit (IE you get 200 purses = 200k unrefinded ad) that kind of thing.

Will some sort of botters abuse it, probably, but again, I cannot see how penalizing the rest of the populace is productive either.
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hate to be miss Negative here, but this is just yet another event I couldn't care less about. Grind for hours to get tights, or yet another cloak I won't use? What's the point? And since they are bind on equip, I can just buy them from the AH anyway. Way to go, devs. Maybe put some actual effort into the next event and make me give a darn?

EDIT: Allow me to put some effort into event-making. So after a quick brainstorm, how about this:

- Transmute weapons? Fine and stuff, but why stop there? Why not entire armor-sets we can transmute? Boots, chest, gloves, helmet, you name it. It will take time to get all of it, but you'll look awesome if you do get it all. And, most importantly, you'll look unique. This set can only be found in the event. At all. No other places, and it'll be bind on pickup, so we can't cheat and buy it on the AH.

- New cosmetic clothes. How hard can that be? While I don't want people running around in Santa-costumes, they are running around naked anyway. So why not goof it up a bit during special events?

- New companions that actually matters. Not saying I want legendary companions or anything, but how about unique companions that feels unique too? I use the leprechaun, and he often has fun things to say. So why stop there? Why not give us a leprechaun companion that transmutes things at random? Whoopsie, your sword is now a stick. And... now it's a pitchfork. Or a lightsber. It can't be something that changes the gameplay, but if it's transmute only, it would allow for a lot of fun. Even if it's just transmuting your gear into something silly for a few seconds.

- An entirely new sub-race. We have halflings, so why not give us a new sub-class just for the event? Or a new thiefling race? It would give us something to work for. Something we want. Don't just give us the same old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over and over and pretend we're happy about it. I'm certainly not.

And as for skirmish events, those SHOULD be simple enough: Take an old skirmish, remove the enemies and replace them with new ones. That's it. Do that, and the skirmis will be interesting again. Don't just throw an old one at us and pretend you gave a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about it. Yay, new dye! Time to do the same skirmish I've done 500 times already before this "event". Riiiight...
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »
    Hate to be miss Negative here, but this is just yet another event I couldn't care less about. Grind for hours to get tights, or yet another cloak I won't use? What's the point? And since they are bind on equip, I can just buy them from the AH anyway. Way to go, devs. Maybe put some actual effort into the next event and make me give a darn?

Actually, you don't have to grind anything actually. Just play normally and you get free stuff.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually, you don't have to grind anything actually. Just play normally and you get free stuff.

Yeah, I truly don't get the whining. Moars frees stuffs? Yeah, I'll take it and count myself lucky as it's a nice break from the daily grind (which isn't even so bad).

****, the patch to IWD made it a HELL of a lot more fun now that I can actually SEE epic encounters spawning and PvP actually works! Whiners should count their lucky stars to get all this stuff for free.
  • sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is the rate of Coins realy such low?

I opened 140 purse and got only 4 coins. For a weapon transmute i need to open like 2800 purse, are you kidding me?
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wish the refinement cap was increased or removed for an event like this. Other than that annoyance, not much to complain about.
    edited May 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    I wish the refinement cap was increased or removed for an event like this. Other than that annoyance, not much to complain about.

Going to rebut this with the same statement that has been made in almost every call to raise the cap for whatever reason: The refinement cap is fine where it is. There is no need to raise it, and doing so would only cause harm to the economy.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited May 2014
    Going to rebut this with the same statement that has been made in almost every call to raise the cap for whatever reason: The refinement cap is fine where it is. There is no need to raise it, and doing so would only cause harm to the economy.

I don't see why anyone would request a refinement cap increase for this event. I mean, last time, it took me months to refine all the RAD I got from this event, this time it will be done as soon as the event is over, I expect.

There are ways to make obscene amounts of AD, but this event is not one of them.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The worst thing is, i took 3 days off work just for this event. Now i have gotten 2800 rough AD since thursday from purses. This is inacceptable and only affects casual players, not the AD farmers since they have 30+ bots running at once.

So yeah, compared to last year's event people do have a right to be very disapointed.

Just think how much AD you could get if you put three whole days of wages into buying Zen to sell.

And I'm saying that as someone who has taken time off work to play video games, including this one... but not because I figured I was going to farm an event to get game-rich... so I could play content.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia