test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Coins of Waukeen Event Now Live!

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Instead of farming the "event" perhaps it should be treated for what it is, a bonus to normal gameplay. I haven't noticed any reduction in drop rate on the bags, I get one about every 5-10 mobs or around a 10% drop rate. The rewards inside however, have surely been adjusted. Which is fine, I don't "farm" anyway, as I suggest, I treat this event for what it is... a bonus to my normal gameplay.

No, I am strongly against a Refinement Cap increase. This would serve no one more than the farmers who would ruin the economy for those who don't have the time to farm. The cap keeps things in check so inflation isn't outrageous. If there was a cap increase, then in a few months we'd be right back here with folks asking for another cap increase because things would inflate so much on the auction house due to the massive influx of Refined AD into the game. It's basic economics. The cap is fine where it's at.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sicxs666 wrote: »
    Is the rate of Coins realy such low?

I opened 140 purse and got only 4 coins. For a weapon transmute i need to open like 2800 purse, are you kidding me?

If you want coins, I think you're better off exchanging the purses for the mid-size box, since then you need to roll the coin result far fewer times to accumulate enough for your skin(s) than if you were doing so one at a time.

You could also go for the biggest box which requires even fewer instances of the correct roll, *but* since you're opening fewer things you also have fewer chances at the result being the thing you want.

Last time, I thought the medium box offered the best odds, coins-wise.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Instead of farming the "event" perhaps it should be treated for what it is, a bonus to normal gameplay. I haven't noticed any reduction in drop rate on the bags, I get one about every 5-10 mobs or around a 10% drop rate. The rewards inside however, have surely been adjusted. Which is fine, I don't "farm" anyway, as I suggest, I treat this event for what it is... a bonus to my normal gameplay.

Erm Zeb are you sure?
    Check out The Lucky Bride, a foundry mission I made for slayer titles and Waukeen events. I am still (slowly) working on furture installments for more slayer titles.

No offense intended, i just thought it's ummm... funny ^^

• tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've had a few strongboxes so far,max AD out of any of them was 22k,and not a single coin from any purse yet... :rolleyes:
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Erm Zeb are you sure?

No offense intended, i just thought it's ummm... funny ^^
    I am positive, I don't "farm" it, I made it for others and a bonus to my normal gameplay (foundry dailies). So, yeah, best to understand and not jump to assumptions and not take things out of context. ;) Heck, I only ran it 4 times since this event, just to do my Foundry Dailies. Unfortunately, it's dropped down below 15 mins now.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014

No, I am strongly against a Refinement Cap increase. This would serve no one more than the farmers who would ruin the economy for those who don't have the time to farm. The cap keeps things in check so inflation isn't outrageous. If there was a cap increase, then in a few months we'd be right back here with folks asking for another cap increase because things would inflate so much on the auction house due to the massive influx of Refined AD into the game. It's basic economics. The cap is fine where it's at.

Sure, but you are looking at it like everyone plays the market. What about folks like myself who just want to upgrade companions, horse training, enchantments, not to mention unlocking boons, a couple dungeons, ect.

Quite frankly, I wish the rewards from these bags were refined AD with how low the odds of getting RAD are to begin with.

I've opened about 100 bags and 1 strongbox and accumulated probably about 10k RAD total from that. Yeah, economy breaking.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am positive, I don't "farm" it, I made it for others and a bonus to my normal gameplay (foundry dailies). So, yeah, best to understand and not jump to assumptions and not take things out of context. ;) Heck, I only ran it 4 times since this event, just to do my Foundry Dailies. Unfortunately, it's dropped down below 15 mins now.

Oh i am fully aware of it, lol. Sorry again, Zeb.

edited May 2014
    Oh i am fully aware of it, lol. Sorry again, Zeb.
    No worries! Just want to add to, that if one actually plays the mission, they'd see it's not like one would expect when thinking of a "farm" mission. It would be quite taxing to actually "farm" it in the literal sense, and for some classes a bit expensive on potions and injury kits (some people report that low-geared GWFs get their arses handed to them a lot).

saedeith wrote: »
    Sure, but you are looking at it like everyone plays the market. What about folks like myself who just want to upgrade companions, horse training, enchantments, not to mention unlocking boons, a couple dungeons, ect.

Quite frankly, I wish the rewards from these bags were refined AD with how low the odds of getting RAD are to begin with.

I've opened about 100 bags and 1 strongbox and accumulated probably about 10k RAD total from that. Yeah, economy breaking.
    Yeah, it would be economy breaking for then people who reach their cap normally would have an even higher cap and be reaching that every day, flooding the market with more AD, driving prices up and then you'd need more AD to afford things, so people would complain again asking for another cap increase. It's a viscous cycle. To just think that it wouldn't hurt the economy to raise the cap because this event wouldn't do much is not thinking of the whole picture and making the rewards Refined AD would be just as bad as that would circumvent the rAD Cap, which is in place to keep inflation to a minimum.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The worst thing is, i took 3 days off work just for this event. Now i have gotten 2800 rough AD since thursday from purses. This is inacceptable and only affects casual players, not the AD farmers since they have 30+ bots running at once.

So yeah, compared to last year's event people do have a right to be very disapointed.

+1 100% agree

The large chest has a chance to give 256k AD but its "Up to" and when i opened my chest i got 5000 ad? this isnt a reward its a Punishment really ? 5000 ad for 32 chest Trunk? seems like the Devs / Management are more worried about bots than the customer base, use to be TG and WP was the way to get your pets/companions upgraded not all of us have Hugh sink holes or pockets

this is not an event but a joke as it is now....

Dyes? No TY
    Useless clothing items? No TY
    RAD = yes

CTA are about all thats good still, and thats subjective 100 runs no mount ? of yeah... gotta love RNG

cheers for the event but next year..... no ty............
  • berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2014
    If you want coins, I think you're better off exchanging the purses for the mid-size box, since then you need to roll the coin result far fewer times to accumulate enough for your skin(s) than if you were doing so one at a time.

You could also go for the biggest box which requires even fewer instances of the correct roll, *but* since you're opening fewer things you also have fewer chances at the result being the thing you want.

Last time, I thought the medium box offered the best odds, coins-wise.

I agree with this. I just opened the large box....meh. 3 mining claims, 3 eldritch crystals. A medium that I opened yesterday yielded 8 coins.
  • bozgor22bozgor22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yo! I opened 10 big purses and i got x4 in a row 22k.
    I spend 10 hours to make them! It suppose to give 256k!!! Not a single one gave 256k.
    Please i work hard for them! char name: Vitaly.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bozgor22 wrote: »
    I spend 10 hours to make them! It suppose to give 256k!!! Not a single one gave 256k.

That is apparently how it is meant to work now , like they did with the Gift of Tymora event the developers have nerfed it into pointlessness .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ladymythosladymythos Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 637 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    That's why they say UP TO 256k, not ALWAYS 256k. Big difference there. ;)
  • bozgor22bozgor22 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »

Than this event is fail! What's the point of farming the purses?
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have stopped thinking of it as an event now.
    Got quite a few purses from foundries with my archer,
    but got nothing to talk about as reward.

So instead of playing constantly for 14 and 15 hours this time around,
    I have decided to just play a new char I made and get whatever drops
    when doing her quests.
    Just thinking of any bags, as an extra to normal drops.
    Was excited about this event happening again,
    but that has gone now. :)

edited May 2014
    Than this event is fail! What's the point of farming the purses?
    It's not a problem with the game but a problem with the mentality that they are supposed to be farmed. Just play the game normally, get purses... it's a bonus to your normal gameplay.... Kirkcaldy has the right idea here.
    edited May 2014
    It's not a problem with the game but a problem with the mentality that they are supposed to be farmed. Just play the game normally, get purses... it's a bonus to your normal gameplay.... Kirkcaldy has the right idea here.

Really? The mentality !!! I suppose you think we shouldn't have to grind for stuff either... the naivety of some people amazes me.

No farming,no grinding,no gameplay? What kind of MMO would you like? ;)
  • rezielereziele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2014
    As a newcomer I must say I was pretty disappointed with the lack of drops, and mindless grinding was no fun at all.
    Like other players I gave up and did the usual farming for dailies and stuff. The drops were negligible at even skirmishes. Barely got 3-4 per 15 mins, was that supposed to happen? Anyway this event felt more like a filler, so you can say they did hold something this month.
    I had to farm the special foundries they make for farming, and even then farmed for only 2 treasure chests which gave me some worthless coins and profession stuff.
    Even then the coins were not enough for a gwf weapon transmute. Please next time put the "fun" part when designing an event.
    ~We need more PvP types. Tired of Dominations!~
  • seridove13seridove13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to agree..I'm more of a casual player..and playing off and on for a few hours each day..I was unable to get enough coins for even one transmute :(
    Seridove, Devoted Cleric ~ Dawnslight, Lonely Guardian Fighter ~ Tamiyo, Princess of Ice
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited May 2014

It was the fact that this event and Tymoras gift "were" like Christmas it gave us the ablity to upgrade pets and companions which are NOT cheap to do, and for casual players or semi players now these events are not worth attending

I placed all my dyes and items and skins in my bank so all my toons get event updates

Pity to because i really loved TG/WP

* gutted
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ladymythos wrote: »

I have to agree with everybody, this event is a pale and lame version of the original Waukeen event. Pretty much a FIJ event (Fill your inventory with junk). Hard to be constructive here, still a suggestion for the devs: implement a "ignore event" toggle so our gameplay is at least not disturbed.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    I have to agree with everybody, this event is a pale and lame version of the original Waukeen event. Pretty much a FIJ event (Fill your inventory with junk). Hard to be constructive here, still a suggestion for the devs: implement a "ignore event" toggle so our gameplay is at least not disturbed.

Don't think of it as an event. I mean, there have been some events that have been very fun - the Halloween one, the Winter festival, the summer festival, Valindra's invasion event and (best of all) Respen's game.

This is not anywhere near any of those. Just think of it as "For 3 days, when you kill something there is a chance of an additional drop - most of the time it will be worthless, but there is a tiny chance of it being something nice".

If you expect this to be a fun event that will make people happy and encourage them to play, you are just setting yourself up for a massive disappointment.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would love to see Valindra's Invation again. Perfect time to implement it. I think all the events should return yearly.
    edited May 2014
    seridove13 wrote: »
    I have to agree..I'm more of a casual player..and playing off and on for a few hours each day..I was unable to get enough coins for even one transmute :(

In a nutshell for alot of people,they shot themselves in the foot... again.
  • seridove13seridove13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    "For 3 days, when you kill something there is a chance of an additional drop - most of the time it will be worthless, but there is a tiny chance of it being something nice".

This is exactly what was wrong with the event. You might get.... say 30 purses...but even if you trade them in..there is only a slight chance you'd get the coins for the transmute. If it was a guarantee to get at least a coin and then a slight chance of something else..that would have made it easier to swallow for the casuals.
    Seridove, Devoted Cleric ~ Dawnslight, Lonely Guardian Fighter ~ Tamiyo, Princess of Ice
  • nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I managed to get one coin, what can I buy...?

*interrupts the laughter at it's peak*

No...seriously...

;-)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    seridove13 wrote: »

I can understand your annoyance, but also look at it like this - many of the other events require you to break your normal routine in order to participate in the special event content - this one was just a bonus thrown on top of the stuff you would normally do. If you approached it as its own entity, and wanted rewards commensurate with that sort of implementation, then you should have simply gone to any area with enemies that are within 7 levels of you, and simple gone group-to-group, killing them for the purses. If you instead stuck to your normal routine, and only fought whatever enemies you needed to accomplish your tasks, then it's no surprise that you only got a handful...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I can understand your annoyance, but also look at it like this - many of the other events require you to break your normal routine in order to participate in the special event content - this one was just a bonus thrown on top of the stuff you would normally do. If you approached it as its own entity, and wanted rewards commensurate with that sort of implementation, then you should have simply gone to any area with enemies that are within 7 levels of you, and simple gone group-to-group, killing them for the purses. If you instead stuck to your normal routine, and only fought whatever enemies you needed to accomplish your tasks, then it's no surprise that you only got a handful...

So,what you really mean is we should have "farmed" this event? Make your mind up. This event was a lottery if you wanted transmutes,other events are guaranteed transmutes after doing so many. Even casual players could earn the rewards on offer unlike this time.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tinead51 wrote: »
    So,what you really mean is we should have "farmed" this event? Make your mind up. This event was a lottery if you wanted transmutes,other events are guaranteed transmutes after doing so many. Even casual players could earn the rewards on offer unlike this time.

What I'm saying is that other events had dedicated activities, and you must stop doing normal stuff to take part in them. This past event had no such limitation - the tradeoff being that if you really wanted to maximize what you got from this event, you need to change your approach and kinda turn it into one of the aforementioned "dedicated events" - namely, by farming enemies for the purses.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would love to see Valindra's Invation again. Perfect time to implement it. I think all the events should return yearly.

We are getting a anniversary event ,it's name is in the calendar but no Valindras invasion .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif