Install Arc

Neverwinter Gateway down?

Comments

• bezik01bezik01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited April 2015
    Lagging. Again. What a surprise.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gateway performance is still pretty bad, still acting like it's heavily overloaded.

Oh and while you are fixing that please fix the % chance on the decent rare leadership professions again. Protect Diamond Shipment used to be about a 20% chance of coming up, now it's down around 5% and I regularly go through and entire stable of 20 toons now and not get it even once. It's pretty obvious when you make a change that drastic. Almost all rare professions are useless except PDC and Collect Maps. Please fix this!!
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think you haven't been paying attention...
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gateway down 4/5 6pm

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to gateway.playneverwinter.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have switched to chrome and have had no problems with the gateway since. Firefox is having issues to say the least.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I switch to Chrome just to use the Gateway... SCA keeps having flickering dice that
    change or stay gray. In the worst cases it starts me out with only 1-3 dice!
    (I'm using all purple companions)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here, gateway is out. One hour ago it was ok. But now it's out.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No problems here
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Are you using a recent Firefox on your PC? If so, try this: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?852761-Connecting-to-Neverwinter-Gateway-on-Firefox-on-PC-Use-version-36&p=10430751#post10430751

Your phone is probably complaining because the SSL protocol used for HTTPS is TLS 1.0

This works for "Secure Connection Failed" on new-ish FireFox.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I use old IE and have had no issues since it began working for me again Saturday morning. It does seems a little more laggy than it used to be, but it is working for sure!

Thanks!!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    And not working again on FF...

*sighs*

It's not Cryptic's fault that FireFox no longer supports old and outdated security settings by default! :p
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And the reward for shortest fix ever goes to...
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I prefer to NOT have my credentials passed around in the clear, so I started using FF back when the Certificate shafu occurred. Then the XBOX snafu occurred and the Gateway turned into all kinds of unusable. I'm surprised anyone is getting through today.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's working fine for me using IE11.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't use IE as a rule, but I decided to see what my results would be using my laptop. I just accessed the Gateway Sign-in page using IE11 and Chrome 41.0.2272.118 m. I didn't actually sign in but this is better than FF 37.0 (which failed on the laptop).

On my (greatly) preferred access device (Android handheld) it's still a no-go. Neither FF 37.0 or Chrome 41.0.2272.96 (slightly different version than laptop) or Dolphin 11.4.3 or the stock Android browser provide any joy.

Now that Mod6 is rolled-out perhaps folks can once again dive into figuring out the Gateway issues and "make it like it was".
    edited April 2015
    Still broken BTW.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    It's working fine for me on the latest version of Firefox (windows 8.1).
  • drulle1drulle1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    as the title say,I have not been able to access the gateway from my android for several months.
    Have done some reserach and acording to it this depends on Neverwinter does not have proper ssl 3 certification.
    Anyone know anything about this?
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's still down atm. Can't log in from like 7 a.m CET

edit. working now on Chrome.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    edited April 2015
    Still isn't working on my Firefox (W7).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it doesn't work on Firefox now unless you use the security workaround in the sticky thread. Not the first post but one shared by a forumite for how to change the settings.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ronin903468ronin903468 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if this the place to put this but I have been having this issue for over a week now.

Every time I try and log in through the gateway I keep getting this:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to gateway.playneverwinter.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I am using Firefox if that helps at all
    edited April 2015
    I can get on the gateway on my computer using chrome, but have not been able to log on it from any android unit, maybe they are bought by apple?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Android browsing probably uses the same security protocols as Firefox, which is blocking the site. Workaround at your own risk.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2015
    it doesn't work on Firefox now unless you use the security workaround in the sticky thread. Not the first post but one shared by a forumite for how to change the settings.

Sure, but I just don't feel like playing the standard runaround of these parts of "if the players have discovered a workaround, then mark it down as 'fixed' and never address it again."
    edited April 2015
    ok how does the workaround work,what do you do?