test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perma Stealth Feedback Discussion

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    truckula, that's how stealth works in most games, a on/off toggle without time limit that makes you appear when you attack (sometimes there is some sort of attack that doesn't make you visible but doesn't do damage or too little)
    I have no problem if they would change it to this, only IF stealth won't deplete itself by time. But having it deplete over time, and also making you appear when you strike is not a good change.
    A stealth rework is on the works probably so we'll see how that goes.

spongebob: It's rogue not rouge please, we're not cosmetic powder or lipstick XD. Also A rogue needs more time than just 2 dodges to replenish his stealth meter and being able to enter stealth again, even with the feat to recover 10% stealth meter when dodging.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I like truckula's idea: if they attack they should be visible.
    That would require reworking at least 2 of the 3 feat trees in each paragon, as they contain feats that boost damage while in stealth. In fact the feat trees are full of feats to prolong stealth, or grant additional effects while in stealth. Y'see, it's abundantly clear that the devs designed TRs to be in stealth as much as possible.

What some folk are talking about on here would pretty much be a whole different class.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited March 2014
    that's true twilightwatchman, if there is a stealth rework, we'll have to see how much it'll affect.
    To me, the best defense against a perma rogue is Potb, works wonders.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    we're not cosmetic powder or lipstick XD.

My phone says otherwise.
    Also A rogue needs more time than just 2 dodges to replenish his stealth meter and being able to enter stealth again, even with the feat to recover 10% stealth meter when dodging.

It's called Shadow Strike. The small delay for the stealth refill is the reason for the two dodges.
    That would require reworking at least 2 of the 3 feat trees in each paragon

If the first strike is considered from stealth how would that require a change to any feat? Please feel free to elaborate and detail one or more feats that would need reworked. The un-stealth after the hit only needs to last a second or two to give opponents a small chance to possibly hit the TR.

Maybe TRs *should* be reworked to make them more viable in PvE too.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am sure there are threads out there about this, but it would be nice if the programmers/developers would actually address this issue, either by officially announcing they think this is fair balanced game play or that it's being abused and no real solution is available.

Regardless I am wanting to start a petition about the perma stealth abilities of the Rogue. I read constantly how rogues get nerfed but the one ability that gets abused the most appears to get even more ability to abuse it. I don't care that rogues can be single target nukes that can potentially kill someone in one hit (as long as they can't do it repeatedly in a short time span).

NOBODY wants to play against people in pvp that cannot be targeted, especially when aoe's are limited in what can hit them not to mention now with the new pvp gear and tanacity dots and OF don't seem to knock them out of stealth like they used to.

PVP WILL become unplayable once the majority of people start jumping onto the TR perma build band wagon, which i'm noticing a lot more of now. I fought a team recently with 4 TR with perma builds all played by players of varying skill (some actually dropping out of stealth longer than others) and I have to say it was the most miserable experience I ever had. Its really getting to the point that if there are even 2 perma stealths on a team its getting to the point i'd rather just quit. OR at least make it so that you can see the make up of the opposing team and allow you to decline PVP based on the opposing team composition. I know thats not really a viable option but fighting a group of all or nearly all perma stealths is worse than fighting an entire group of GWF with unlimited unstopable, at least the latter can be targetted and dealt damage to.

If it were possible it seems rogues should either have stealth be more a system for DR than invisibility and then give them more control type powers based on paragon path or build preference (rogues would make excellent crowd control if they were given abilities like smoke cloud [which they have] and things like greasy floors and or snare traps that can be laid or thrown out. I think rogues can be so much more than invisible a$$holes (to quote borderlands 2) that throw daggers at you til you bleed to death and or die.

Human being are incapable of NOT abusing something for their own benefit so please do the community a favor remove the ability to allow TR to stay nearly permanently invisible either by adding a cool down before stealth can occur and beefing up the meter duration through feets or ability use or by removing the mechanic that allows it to happen.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    godlysoul2 wrote: »
    Official statements on upcoming ideas for reworking perma stealth builds. (However, it is said that no final solution has been determined and that these are just ideas, but they do intend to do reworking to affect these builds.):

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/b/503399783

(skip to 4:27)

Honestly though, we all knew this was an overpowered build that needed tweaking. We will need to adapt on how we build/play rogue in the future.

They are working on it.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I agree it's the root of all evil for TRs.

They have many powerful abilities (ITC, SE etc), but as long as they can go around attacking and untargettable in stealth, they are OP, and as long as they defend their ability to do so, the other abilities will continue to be nerfed.

GWFs are powerful but at least I can see them and dodge their abilities and target them and damage them. With rogues it's just total BS.

It's gotten to the point where I look before I start a match to see if there's any rogues on the other team. If there are, I resign myself to having a frustrating and annoying match (there are most of the time).

This thread will probably be locked like all the hundreds of others asking for nerfs to perma-stealth, though.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2014
    Most perma stealth TRs are not at all dangerous. I can put my GF on the node and AFK to counter him. They're just boring. They can't kill me and I can't kill them, so instead of PvPing we run in circles around each other while the rest of our team actually has fun playing domination.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Most permastealths don't do enough dps to kill an 80 year old quadriplegic with emphysema. Their only role is to backcap and divide an enemies team by being an annoyance.
    edited March 2014
    True perma stealth rogues don't do serious damage, and can easily be defeated with AoE attacks, that drain their stealth meter.
    I always use PotB on my rogue to drain the other stealth meter, and others use it on me.
    A stealth rework might get somewhere, but as far as I know they haven't decided yet.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited March 2014
    1.- Then your phone is wrong, rogue is the correct name, not rouge.
    2.- I know about SS, but if you're using it you don't need to roll at all, you can just use it and steathmeter fills up completely. If a rogue is rolling on the floor to recover stealth he probably doesn't have SS aviable to use.
    3.- Rogues have feats that make certain attacks recover stealthmeter, how could these work if any attack takes you out of stealth?
    Also if the idea is to have stealth both as a on/off toggle and have it end when attacking, then why would you need something that recovers a stealthmeter that wouldn't even exist?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ranncore wrote: »
    Most perma stealth TRs are not at all dangerous. I can put my GF on the node and AFK to counter him. They're just boring. They can't kill me and I can't kill them, so instead of PvPing we run in circles around each other while the rest of our team actually has fun playing domination.

This is not true .

One perma tr in enemy team is not a big problem but!!! If they have two then y and your team have 0 chance to win also after y have 20% of your hp lost he just need to press win button"SE".

And this is the sad true about perma tr .
    Two perma Trs in your or enemy team always win the only way to counter is y have two permas in your team "this mean y must all time go premade".
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1.- Then your phone is wrong, rogue is the correct name, not rouge.

Possible. I will stick with rouge for fun.
    2.- I know about SS,

Now you are just contradicting yourself: "Also A rogue needs more time than just 2 dodges to replenish his stealth meter"

Fire SS before stealth meter ends, two rolls, back to stealth. The rolls compensate for the time delay for SS. Pretty basic trick.
    3.- Rogues have feats that make certain attacks recover stealthmeter, how could these work if any attack takes you out of stealth?

Because the meter fills when you are not in stealth. And as I already stated the first attack is still considered "from stealth" since you were in stealth mode when you fired it.

Appears Cryptic is already working on a fix to perma stealth so this won't be an issue much longer. Thank goodness.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Every class has some worthless or low-value powers and feats in its battery. I wonder if they could introduce something useful in place of some of those such as an encounter that at least partially exposes stealthed players and allows targeting, while reducing that player's combat advantage for the duration? I mean, perma-stealth issues aside, they should consider some more pvp oriented selections. It would be a way of balancing that involves boosting the troubled class rather than nerfing the troubling class.

I don't perma-stealth, but I don't PvP either. My stealth works reasonably in PvE and it seriously does not need any changes in that area.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
    edited March 2014
    So you want stealth to still be depleted by time and ALSO when you attack? I think that would make it useless. You COULD make it like other games and have it with no time limit and make you appear when you attack, but have it deplete over time and also when you attack would make it completely useless.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    u can just use lantern and take tr from stealth and kill it but looks like noone do this
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    u can just use lantern and take tr from stealth and kill it but looks like noone do this

I have latern but latern have too long animation and tr just roll out of the little radius ( only work aganst bad players lol ).
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ITC, Shadow strike and feats/gear that give more stealth meters are the problem not stealth itself, would gladly trade those for more damage or stuns but then I would be right here reading the same post about TR dmg and stunlocks. *shrug*
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    ITC, Shadow strike and feats/gear that give more stealth meters are the problem not stealth itself, would gladly trade those for more damage or stuns but then I would be right here reading the same post about TR dmg and stunlocks. *shrug*

This exactly.

Lets say for example they do nerf Perma stealth so that it is no longer viable. What could they possibly give us to replace the defining feature of our class?

Crowd Control - nope cant do that, that is why we have CW's in the game. Rogue's should never have a ton of CC, a little is fine which is what we already have.

More Damage - nope cant do that either as then the next thread to pop up is that we can burst damage to much again and we can kill other players to fast.

so really if they do nerf stealth into the ground where does the class go?

Btw - i dont run a perma stealth build.
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is just getting anoying... Seriously, aint there any control over the number of ''nerf this, nerf that'' thread that can be made in a single week? I see threads asking to nerf GWF getting closed stating ''nerf threads are not accepted in this forum'' and the tr's one are there daily with nothing done to it.....

First, the TR is better in pvp you wana know why ? CAUSE WE CANT DO ANYTHING IN A DUNGEON this is a PVP only class... Useless in dungeon and that no one want to bring over in any runs.... So they had to give something for the tr to be usefull, to do something... Here is our sole and only way... Pvp... Either do a burst damage inb4 dying by the other people that suround the only target you will use all your damage burst on or just hold 1 point and survive as long as you can so your team get the other points while the enemy try to find you like headless chicken... (lol)

That behing said: Permastealth rogue are not that hard to reveal or counter, any good GF/DC can tank a real perma stealth damage forever as the permastealth dont have any damage ability other than cloud of steel witch throw 8 dagger every 20 second or so and do basicaly no damage.... They have shocking if lucky enought to fall on someone who will attack the bait n switch clone (but then thats because you need to be aware of what is happening when fighting a perma, just dont attack the clone DONT)

Every class can kill a tr as soon as they see them revealed...
    GF and GWF can just perma stun lock them till they die because get real... Knock back + frontline + IBS = death of any rogue. (or maby frontline first with the area of effect on a point 1/2 chance to hit the rogue and get him off stealth.. how hard is that?
    Cw can just control them to death. Shard of avalanche is a great way to anoye and perma tr if put on tab...
    Hr are realy hard to kill since new patch for any perma and contructing arrow can be anoying, not to talk about that fox shift that can hit stealthed tr...
    DC could use sun burst or just stand there waiting cuz get real, no real perma stealth could kill a good dc...

Then again, some people just want to play their build and use the same encounter over and over again, but some encounter are to be used in certain circonstance. If you end up againts 4 perma (you're not lucky #1) but what about getting out all your aoe skill? have a gwf stand on one point, a gf on other and dc+cw/hr on middle point? Try different strategie ? Dont let yourself down and stop crying everytime someone outgears you or kill you super fast...

Often, way too often, i end up on a team that just wreck me (on my tr) every possible way they can find and thats when it get interesting, when people actualy think a way off killing you...

For exemple, a friend of mine in my guild is a cw, he worked on ways to kill tr as he was anoyed by us, he never made any threads asking help of developer, instead he looked into option already in game... He changed his encounter rotation to get shard on tab. He then realised that icy ray could stuck us for a little time, long enought to choke us and use icy knife.

Other ways he came with was the bilethorn enchant witch give 3 damage ticks per attack instead of 1, witch cause tr stealth meter to drop 3time as fast as usual... He was then thinking of using Briartwine on his armor, witch cause all of our attack to just deplete our stealth..
    what about some thinking of yourself? There is PLENTY of way to beat ANY class in here, find your way, work it out...

In life, when something dont work, you do something to work around it dont you ? Or maybe do you send letter to your politician? Do you ever get any answer from those letter? Dont think so... So work your way. You should depend on yourself and no one else.!
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First, the TR is better in pvp you wana know why ? CAUSE WE CANT DO ANYTHING IN A DUNGEON this is a PVP only class
    First that is blunt understatement every single class is a pvp class in that respect but cw:s.

Second you defend being able to attack and get attacked and stay invis in pvp, that is just lol.
    Find me any other larget pvp game where you can stay invis while attacking and being attacked plz.

The scenario of only 1 class on each side fighting domination becomes rather funny when you think of 5 perma hide tr on each side trying to find eachother - what a shoot out zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

If you dont see that the consept of being invis while hitting others and stay invis when hit is pure nonsence in pvp you should find a pc game set yourself to immortal and run around.
    edited March 2014
    attacking a stealthed rogue depletes his stealth meter, and might very possibly **** up his whole rotation. so just hit them with aoes untill they appear.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited March 2014
    marnival wrote: »
    First that is blunt understatement every single class is a pvp class in that respect but cw:s.

Second you defend being able to attack and get attacked and stay invis in pvp, that is just lol.
    Find me any other larget pvp game where you can stay invis while attacking and being attacked plz.

The scenario of only 1 class on each side fighting domination becomes rather funny when you think of 5 perma hide tr on each side trying to find eachother - what a shoot out zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

If you dont see that the consept of being invis while hitting others and stay invis when hit is pure nonsence in pvp you should find a pc game set yourself to immortal and run around.

You are just being a little arogant here...

1:Cw = a VERY good pvp class, when BUILDED for pvp. Refer to a REAL renage PVP build cw and they will tell you. CW = Very good pvp class

2: I defend the ability to attack people AT A LOW DAMAGE RATE, while the other CAN find us IF THEY TRY HARDER and DIFFERENTLY. I don't care about other game at all, i play neverwinter and nothing else... Here, the rogue have permastealth. Deal with it... (ex: read my post completely and use some of the way i just provided here? maybe?)

3: Yea 5 perma is pretty funny and stupid, i wouldnt go in a 5 tr party, i was refering to this post op who complained about a match whenre he ended againts 4 tr.. Please read before you comment :D

4: Perma invis is FAR from invincible. Perma = sacrifice all their damage ability to get access to the dark side of the force.
    Perma have the lowest dps amongs all class (other than dc of course)
    Perma have the lowest defense amongs all class
    Perma have the lowest pve capability amongs all class

And you wana take that away... That will leave the producer with 1 and only choice:
    Completely rebuild the class to make it viable in pve and balanced in pvp.
    More CC or more aoe !? What kind of rogue is this ?
    More burst ? HAHAH youll hate us even more because get real, a perma with 21 intel, put this intel in stenght and you will see that we can do good damage already just decided to go on another way..

Anyway this have been discused already lot of time and i cant find ANY of you guys giving a real solution to your ''problem'' i give you ways of fighting a perma but no one want to use em (other than a couple of handfull wise man that just work their way around)

Come with some other argument than :

''It have never been seen before, no game have this'': Well neverwinter is unique pve and pvp style (Thanks god)
    ''There is no way to find them'' : There is plenty, just need to think out of the box (Ex: All single target soulforged/vorpal pve build.)

Im going to stop there because thats all the argument that have been given in the last 10 threads on the subject...

edited March 2014
    Im just going to add some of my other post here for yall to read!!!
    Please take notes that some comment might be directed to another poster's comment from another of the 50 threads about rogue nerf :)
    js3b wrote: »
    This is just getting anoying... Seriously, aint there any control over the number of ''nerf this, nerf that'' thread that can be made in a single week? I see threads asking to nerf GWF getting closed stating ''nerf threads are not accepted in this forum'' and the tr's one are there daily with nothing done to it.....

First, the TR is better in pvp you wana know why ? CAUSE WE CANT DO ANYTHING IN A DUNGEON this is a PVP only class... Useless in dungeon and that no one want to bring over in any runs.... So they had to give something for the tr to be usefull, to do something... Here is our sole and only way... Pvp... Either do a burst damage inb4 dying by the other people that suround the only target you will use all your damage burst on or just hold 1 point and survive as long as you can so your team get the other points while the enemy try to find you like headless chicken... (lol)

That behing said: Permastealth rogue are not that hard to reveal or counter, any good GF/DC can tank a real perma stealth damage forever as the permastealth dont have any damage ability other than cloud of steel witch throw 8 dagger every 20 second or so and do basicaly no damage.... They have shocking if lucky enought to fall on someone who will attack the bait n switch clone (but then thats because you need to be aware of what is happening when fighting a perma, just dont attack the clone DONT)

Every class can kill a tr as soon as they see them revealed...
    GF and GWF can just perma stun lock them till they die because get real... Knock back + frontline + IBS = death of any rogue. (or maby frontline first with the area of effect on a point 1/2 chance to hit the rogue and get him off stealth.. how hard is that?
    Cw can just control them to death. Shard of avalanche is a great way to anoye and perma tr if put on tab...
    Hr are realy hard to kill since new patch for any perma and contructing arrow can be anoying, not to talk about that fox shift that can hit stealthed tr...
    DC could use sun burst or just stand there waiting cuz get real, no real perma stealth could kill a good dc...

Then again, some people just want to play their build and use the same encounter over and over again, but some encounter are to be used in certain circonstance. If you end up againts 4 perma (you're not lucky #1) but what about getting out all your aoe skill? have a gwf stand on one point, a gf on other and dc+cw/hr on middle point? Try different strategie ? Dont let yourself down and stop crying everytime someone outgears you or kill you super fast...

Often, way too often, i end up on a team that just wreck me (on my tr) every possible way they can find and thats when it get interesting, when people actualy think a way off killing you...

For exemple, a friend of mine in my guild is a cw, he worked on ways to kill tr as he was anoyed by us, he never made any threads asking help of developer, instead he looked into option already in game... He changed his encounter rotation to get shard on tab. He then realised that icy ray could stuck us for a little time, long enought to choke us and use icy knife.

Other ways he came with was the bilethorn enchant witch give 3 damage ticks per attack instead of 1, witch cause tr stealth meter to drop 3time as fast as usual... He was then thinking of using Briartwine on his armor, witch cause all of our attack to just deplete our stealth..
    what about some thinking of yourself? There is PLENTY of way to beat ANY class in here, find your way, work it out...

In life, when something dont work, you do something to work around it dont you ? Or maybe do you send letter to your politician? Do you ever get any answer from those letter? Dont think so... So work your way. You should depend on yourself and no one else.!
    marnival wrote: »

js3b wrote: »
    You are just being a little arogant here...

1:Cw = a VERY good pvp class, when BUILDED for pvp. Refer to a REAL renage PVP build cw and they will tell you. CW = Very good pvp class

2: I defend the ability to attack people AT A LOW DAMAGE RATE, while the other CAN find us IF THEY TRY HARDER and DIFFERENTLY. I don't care about other game at all, i play neverwinter and nothing else... Here, the rogue have permastealth. Deal with it... (ex: read my post completely and use some of the way i just provided here? maybe?)

3: Yea 5 perma is pretty funny and stupid, i wouldnt go in a 5 tr party, i was refering to this post op who complained about a match whenre he ended againts 4 tr.. Please read before you comment :D

4: Perma invis is FAR from invincible. Perma = sacrifice all their damage ability to get access to the dark side of the force.
    Perma have the lowest dps amongs all class (other than dc of course)
    Perma have the lowest defense amongs all class
    Perma have the lowest pve capability amongs all class

And you wana take that away... That will leave the producer with 1 and only choice:
    Completely rebuild the class to make it viable in pve and balanced in pvp.
    More CC or more aoe !? What kind of rogue is this ?
    More burst ? HAHAH youll hate us even more because get real, a perma with 21 intel, put this intel in stenght and you will see that we can do good damage already just decided to go on another way..

Anyway this have been discused already lot of time and i cant find ANY of you guys giving a real solution to your ''problem'' i give you ways of fighting a perma but no one want to use em (other than a couple of handfull wise man that just work their way around)

Come with some other argument than :

''It have never been seen before, no game have this'': Well neverwinter is unique pve and pvp style (Thanks god)
    ''There is no way to find them'' : There is plenty, just need to think out of the box (Ex: All single target soulforged/vorpal pve build.)

Im going to stop there because thats all the argument that have been given in the last 10 threads on the subject...

• bigbullyboybigbullyboy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Does fey thistle damage hurt the stealth bar?

To weigh in:
    Permas ARE annoying. SS, Bait and Switch, ITC rogues particularly are annoying. They cant kill anything and you can't kill them. (Who would roll a toon like that!?) Seasoned pvpers have means to get permas out of stealth. For anyone newer to pvp, try different techniques and powers to conquer this obstacle.
    But, only extremely geared/skilled permas are good (and they are very good). And to nerf them they would need buffed elsewhere significantly.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The ability for rogues to perma stealth needs to be taken away and replaced with better options. Not because the build is OP, It's not. One melee foxes cunning burst and 95% of the rogues I hit explode in a shower of glorious red death. The reasons it needs to go away is because it's not fun for anyone. Not to play against nor to play with. I hate em on my team I think they're about Fin worthless. It's a troll build, nothing more nothing less. Stealth needs to stay an integral part for a rogue but once they initiate combat, they come out of stealth. They have a nasty opener from stealth, it should bloody well hurt, much like an old school back stab. They should also have an execute ability that again....bloody well well hurts a target beneath say..30% health. They should have more attacks that bleed and cripple and slow. You know some trademark rogue abilities. The rogue SHOULD be the anti GWF class. It should be it's counter, but they nerfed the rogues damage into the dirt leaving only perma stealth as an option. This is cryptics fault entirely. The class needs a major rework at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    attacking a stealthed rogue depletes his stealth meter, and might very possibly **** up his whole rotation. so just hit them with aoes untill they appear.

You expect classes to slot in AOEs in their rotation in a PVP match?

That is a recipe for the other team winning
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    leillanna wrote: »
    The rogue SHOULD be the anti GWF class. It should be it's counter,

Would have thought that it would be the other way round - a Warrior is a Rogue's natural counter, a Rogue is a Wizard's natural counter, and a Wizard the Warrior's.

*shrug*
  • slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I find it pretty hilarious how many people seriously think a TR is useless in PvE. You are aware that a perma can solo any boss in the game (Except Valindra i believe) and can skip the entire mob army with their stealth. A TR can actually solo the entire dungeon themselves, this is far, FAR from "useless in PvE". stop spreading false information and trying to hide behind lies, TR is not useless in PvE, at all, in any shape or form if they go perma.

Next is the issue of "perma doesn't deal much damage"....again, you must be kidding me. A perma may not do as much as a non perma TR, but they will do a lot of damage still, and in the mean time, you will be dealing a grand total of Zero towards them until you "find them". You can say they deal low damage all you want, but remember that every attack you make in stealth the odds are, unless your opponent sees you, that they will be dealing 0 damage to you. Zero.

Then is the issue of the so called "counters". AoEs, ignoring them, or using the lantern.
    1 - Not everybody owns the lantern. If you do own it, your artifact slot is now only useful vs 1 out of 5 players. Not to mention it has a whooping 3 minute CD.
    2 - You have to know where the perma is to even use an AoE, and you are now wasting a slot vs every other person on their team, and just to make it better, you still might miss.
    3 - Ignoring them will not make them magically vanish or be useless, they can then just cap any node they want, whenever they want, and you can't do much to stop that. They will also continuously attack your team. Good luck ignoring that.

The funny thing in the end is, everyone that isn't a perma, hates the style. Hates it. This includes a lot of TRs, why you may ask, because it stops them from doing anything other than perma.
    edited March 2014
    slintash wrote: »
    I find it pretty hilarious how many people seriously think a TR is useless in PvE. You are aware that a perma can solo any boss in the game (Except Valindra i believe) and can skip the entire mob army with their stealth. A TR can actually solo the entire dungeon themselves, this is far, FAR from "useless in PvE". stop spreading false information and trying to hide behind lies, TR is not useless in PvE, at all, in any shape or form if they go perma.

This is beautifull on paper, but praticaly impossible...
    1: skipping the mobs dont work in 90% of the time because even if you are stealted, you get agro and cant open doors.
    2: Killing a boss solo with a tr will take way to long for it to be giving back enought money to say its worth it.
    3: GWF can solo Karru and some other dungeon if they are geared enought
    4: alway going to be more effective and faster to 5man a dungeon with high dps pve class.
    Next is the issue of "perma doesn't deal much damage"....again, you must be kidding me. A perma may not do as much as a non perma TR, but they will do a lot of damage still, and in the mean time, you will be dealing a grand total of Zero towards them until you "find them". You can say they deal low damage all you want, but remember that every attack you make in stealth the odds are, unless your opponent sees you, that they will be dealing 0 damage to you. Zero.

If you do 0 damage you need to review your tactic, please once again, you keep posting the same argument on all post, but never take time to read people giving you advice to fight a perma..
    Perma rogue do have the less dps other than dc in all class. please prove this wrong!
    Then is the issue of the so called "counters". AoEs, ignoring them, or using the lantern.
    1 - Not everybody owns the lantern. If you do own it, your artifact slot is now only useful vs 1 out of 5 players. Not to mention it has a whooping 3 minute CD.
    2 - You have to know where the perma is to even use an AoE, and you are now wasting a slot vs every other person on their team, and just to make it better, you still might miss.
    3 - Ignoring them will not make them magically vanish or be useless, they can then just cap any node they want, whenever they want, and you can't do much to stop that. They will also continuously attack your team. Good luck ignoring that.

The funny thing in the end is, everyone that isn't a perma, hates the style. Hates it. This includes a lot of TRs, why you may ask, because it stops them from doing anything other than perma.

1: not everyone does have a lantern, and thats why there is plenty of other counter for it, not gonna name em AGAIN, find some in threads. Most of them will include spending money or playing with load-out, if you dont want to do that, then you dont want to kill a perma...

2 - Yea you have to know where the perma is, thats actualy the point of a perma... And again yes, you need to switch maby 1 encounter, not a big deal..just like any battle in life, gotta ajust.

3 - no one ask to ignore them :D