What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deep Gash

Comments

• Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i dont really care if skills are bugged as long as class is balanced. in pve gwf is balanced, in pvp the problem is not in gwf dmg or tankiness but in design of pvp itself
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rest assured, things will change. With the increasing quality of patches that Cryptic has surprised us with. I can only think positive.
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    esteena wrote: »
    Well, i'm just here to watch Kolatmaster's GIF pictures. **** it dude, you have got like a library of those.:confused:
    I have my resources... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have my resources... :cool:
    Mind sharing? :D
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Stox,

I get that you do a lot of testing and you say you just want to see the bug fixed... but do you not feel that the GWF is in a good place for PVE? As far as PvP goes and from the many videos I've seen of high end matches, the GWF seems to be more balanced than not. The only thing that will ever fix PvP across the board will be a matchmaking system of some sort but that's a different topic.

As it stands now, I can have my cake and essentially eat it too...I can be tanky for PvP and still do nice DPS in PvE. Maybe that's wrong but I d amn sure enjoy it. If the bug is fixed should there not be DPS compensation elsewhere?
  • Options
    badeacelraubadeacelrau Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2014
    In truth there are no bugs related to Deep Gash, it just deals a **** ton of damage because that's how devs wanted it for module2, remember the patch notes! OP is crying because he dies from bleeding a few seconds later, well guess what BLEEDING means. Have you never died from TR's bleeding? I know you cried about TRs and now you cry about GWFs, that's how some people are, they want other classes to suck hard so they can shine.

What OP tried hard and succeeded was to create a huge hype around some rumour by claiming there are bugs without providing any proofs. Please, if you care about the GWF class stop feeding this troll and his friends.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    btw i wonder why is every nerf cw thread closed very fast while nerf tr and gwf stays unlocked for ever ?
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    i dont really care if skills are bugged as long as class is balanced. in pve gwf is balanced, in pvp the problem is not in gwf dmg or tankiness but in design of pvp itself

I don't. Right now it's adjusting your build to the newest bugs. I would be more than pleased to finally settle for something...

Also you could start talking balancing without adjusting for countless bugged abilities and feats. Right now it's a mess and you need a solid foundation to start from. Might not look like it but it can only be beneficial for the class.
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In truth there are no bugs related to Deep Gash, it just deals a **** ton of damage because that's how devs wanted it for module2, remember the patch notes! OP is crying because he dies from bleeding a few seconds later, well guess what BLEEDING means. Have you never died from TR's bleeding? I know you cried about TRs and now you cry about GWFs, that's how some people are, they want other classes to suck hard so they can shine.

What OP tried hard and succeeded was to create a huge hype around some rumour by claiming there are bugs without providing any proofs. Please, if you care about the GWF class stop feeding this troll and his friends.

I've seen the patch notes but it has been stated that the devs claim it is not working as intended. Pers3phone has said this in the forum based on his/her (?) conversation on PTR with the devs. This may not be true but I've seen no reason to doubt Pers's info.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

:\

OP is a GWF himself lol.

Also, what you guys don't want to understand, is that a DEVELOPER, on Preview, with witnesses, stated that Deep Gash is BUGGED.

What else proof do you want?

And as I posted in the first pages of the topic, the same dev also said that GWF should rather have SAME damage come from UNBUGGED ABILITY.

This is no rumor. It is fact.
    pherrow wrote: »
    I've seen the patch notes but it has been stated that the devs claim it is not working as intended. Pers3phone has said this in the forum based on his/her (?) conversation on PTR with the devs. This may not be true but I've seen no reason to doubt Pers's info.

There were at least 5-6 people around when this conversation occurred, I think stox, revrac, josiahlyon were there, but can't exactly remember from days ago. People just talked about GWF. Nobody asked for nerfs or said class is unbalanced or something like this. When Deep Gash was mentioned, the dev said what I have already written. He thought that Threatening Rush/anim cancelling+Deep Gash were not working correctly, and they should be fixed.

Again, nobody "cried" for any nerfs or specifically targeted GWF class as being OP. It was not even needed, we faced stox's GWF in PvP, and it's a good estimation of GWF PvP ability :P People were just talking about PvP in general and the changes.
    warpet wrote: »
    btw i wonder why is every nerf cw thread closed very fast while nerf tr and gwf stays unlocked for ever ?

This is NOT a nerf topic. I think you guys don't read the first post :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    This is NOT a nerf topic. I think you guys don't read the first post :)[/QUOTE]

is it not ? when few cw frineds come to gwf forums to spread lies the same few who say steel blitz is op ....guys do not have 2 faces u very well know how much eye of of storm is op and u will never see some gwf come to yours forms spreading lies to try to get it nerfed ....

this thread should have ben closed long time ago soon cw trolls came here to spread lies and troll
  • Options
    stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014

is it not ? when few cw frineds come to gwf forums to spread lies the same few who say steel blitz is op ....guys do not have 2 faces u very well know how much eye of of storm is op and u will never see some gwf come to yours forms spreading lies to try to get it nerfed ....

this thread should have ben closed long time ago soon cw trolls came here to spread lies and troll

You sir, are really dense. 1. Steam doesn't want it nerfed. 2. persephone and I came here because we were on the test shard when the dev looked into this and found the error. We actually don't want GWF damage nerfed into uselessness, but this bug will be fixed and when it is we'll hear all the qq. I reported a bunch of other bugs with different classes as well in hopes that when they fix these, the game can be properly balanced.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    stoxforum1 wrote: »
    You sir, are really dense. 1. Steam doesn't want it nerfed. 2. persephone and I came here because we were on the test shard when the dev looked into this and found the error. We actually don't want GWF damage nerfed into uselessness, but this bug will be fixed and when it is we'll hear all the qq. I reported a bunch of other bugs with different classes as well in hopes that when they fix these, the game can be properly balanced.

why dont go to cw forms then ask mega nerf on spell storm so they balance cws path since atm spell storm is few times higher dps then dps cw path ....why dont u go and ask for sing nerf ? the most op daily skill in game Why dont u go ask for eye of storm nerf ?the most op class skill in game Why dont u go ask for 5 targets caps on cw like very other class in game have?what are u even do here when cw have so much stuff which needs to be balanced while gwf none
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    why dont go to cw forms then ask mega nerf on spell storm so they balance cws path since atm spell storm is few times higher dps then dps cw path ....why dont u go and ask for sing nerf ? the most op daily skill in game Why dont u go ask for eye of storm nerf ?the most op class skill in game Why dont u go ask for 5 targets caps on cw like very other class in game have?what are u even do here when cw have so much stuff which needs to be balanced while gwf none

Maybe you should actually learn about another class or try playing it? Your post is all nonsense. Here's a typical rotation for me, CoI > chill strike on tab > shard > steal time. Guess what, 5 target cap on all. Then for at-wills I have magic missile (single target) and chilling cloud which is 1-1-5 targets. Eye of the storm has been nerfed already, it is slightly better than evocation and storm spell, but only a few % in damage.
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    When they fix Deep Gash it won't just be QQ, it will be back to a three class game. Well, lets be honest, a two class game. No one plays anything except DC/CW because those are the only two classes you need to steamroll virtually everything. If this is working as intended I would like my TR, GWF, and HR to be transferred into a CW with an identical gear score. That's right, I would rather have four CW than three classes I need to spend an extra hour looking for a team on.

Go ahead and read some of the entries in the GWF forums from a couple of months ago. You know, the one's where people were asking if anyone ever took GWF into anything past T1? All the people who realized GWF was a waste of time and either quit the game or rolled a CW? These things quite definitely happened, they will probably happen again.

As for Stox, I've read his bug reports involving the GWF vs. his 'bug reports' on the other classes. It's pretty darn obvious the man has it out for the GWF. Probably because of PvP.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, PvP in Neverwinter is a foolish childs game. Half of the mechanics in this game simply do not function as advertised and there are about a zillion exploits that people use to get an 'edge'. If you want to go on a crusade to fix every error, Stox is going to be busy until next century. Sadly, he only really cares to see the GWF nerfed given the short and ridiculously light 'error report' on CW.

Sorry bro, I have a CW. I know how many bugs and 'exploits' there are with that class. You could fill a page with bug reports, not a tiny little paragraph with virtually no solid information.

The worst part? A 'Control' Wizard still does more damage than a GWF. Still, even with a huge bug that Stox claims gives GWF a 500,000 power equivalent. So if true, what does this say about the CW exactly?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    As for Stox, I've read his bug reports involving the GWF vs. his 'bug reports' on the other classes. It's pretty darn obvious the man has it out for the GWF. Probably because of PvP.

Bro I roll a BiS GWF in pvp most of the time I play these days stox7@stoxbox2 if anyone wants to check it out... The class is extremely OP in PVP. As for the error reports, I reported what I found. Most CW errors have been fixed because the community actually tests and shares results. I tested GWF abilities for less than 2 hours, see how many errors I found? Now all you have to do is go test CW and make reports of your own. K thanks bye.

How about the bug reports I posted to help GWFs? Determination draining after SF proc. Armor pen not working for certain GWF abilities, blatantly ignored by you.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    Also, what you guys don't want to understand, is that a DEVELOPER, on Preview, with witnesses, stated that Deep Gash is BUGGED.

What else proof do you want?

You saying that a dev said something is hearsay and not proof of anything. Unless a dev makes that kind of comment from a dev account on these forums hearsay is all you have and that is not proof of anything.
  • Options
    handofdonkhandofdonk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Before we degenerate into any more pointless ad hominem, let's actually get some more facts in play.

We can assume that Deep Gash is bugged, that's taken as read. What I can't seem to gather from what has gone before is the *nature* of the bug. If we don't know the nature of the problem, anything we say beyond that is just speculation.

Diagnostic fail, ladies and gents.
  • Options
    f2pbsf2pbs Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Bro I roll a BiS GWF in pvp most of the time I play these days stox7@stoxbox2 if anyone wants to check it out... The class is extremely OP in PVP. As for the error reports, I reported what I found. Most CW errors have been fixed because the community actually tests and shares results. I tested GWF abilities for less than 2 hours, see how many errors I found? Now all you have to do is go test CW and make reports of your own. K thanks bye.

How about the bug reports I posted to help GWFs? Determination draining after SF proc. Armor pen not working for certain GWF abilities, blatantly ignored by you.

can i ask you few questions stox:
    1.do you use deep gash on your pvp gwf .
    2.are you familiar with pve gwf,did u run any dungeons or testing for pve.can u post some dmg scores from malobog cn...?
    3. can you make same dmg in pve without deep gash bug.
    4.can u make a viable pvp gwf without deep gash.

i hope u find the time to answer ty
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    f2pbs wrote: »
    can i ask you few questions stox:
    1.do you use deep gash on your pvp gwf .
    2.are you familiar with pve gwf,did u run any dungeons or testing for pve.can u post some dmg scores from malobog cn...?
    3. can you make same dmg in pve without deep gash bug.
    4.can u make a viable pvp gwf without deep gash.

i hope u find the time to answer ty

1. Yes I use deep gash
    2. Yes I do run PVE occasionally, but this toon is built for pvp. Ability score rolls, gear, companions, all that is wrong for PVE.
    3. Obviously it would not be the same damage.
    4. Yep, in fact that's only part of the balance needed in PVP for GWF. The class is extremely OP in PVP.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I don't have over 20% of my damage come from DG. So why im not OP?!
    Second why i die so fast in PVP? Im must be OP as GWF Destroyer!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    1. Yes I use deep gash
    2. Yes I do run PVE occasionally, but this toon is built for pvp. Ability score rolls, gear, companions, all that is wrong for PVE.
    3. Obviously it would not be the same damage.
    4. Yep, in fact that's only part of the balance needed in PVP for GWF. The class is extremely OP in PVP.

u dont do pve so u dont care for gwf dmg ok...but
    since you think its a bug and u can do without it i challenge you to 1v1 against my tr without deep gash.
    i pay for the respec np.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    f2pbs wrote: »
    u dont do pve so u dont care for gwf dmg ok...but
    since you think its a bug and u can do without it i challenge you to 1v1 against my tr without deep gash.
    i pay for the respec np.

Even without the damage bonus, it has the ability to burn TR stealth. Why would I not have it vs a TR? Here's how it would go, I would let you flurry me, then when you go to roll away, I'm just going to run, use takedown without even targeting you, knock you prone, find you, TR, FLS, TR, IBS. If you're not dead in the first rotation you will be eventually, but you won't have the dps to kill me.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    You saying that a dev said something is hearsay and not proof of anything. Unless a dev makes that kind of comment from a dev account on these forums hearsay is all you have and that is not proof of anything.

It's true, it's hearsay. I suggested the devs should write a PvP-focused blog and I can see this happening, but cannot tell if DG will make it there. You don't want to believe me? It's OK. There were other persons present when this conversation took place.

Also my reason of posting about it here is because I have GWF friends and I saw Steam's topic about this exact same subject, and I felt it's cool if I let them know what was talked about. Yet this is met with animosity and I'm regarded as some kind of enemy lol.

So yeah. Obviously feel free to believe me or not.
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I have a PVE spec destroyer. I like the damage in mod 2, but it should not be coming from deep gash. Looking at the numbers it is pretty clear that this ability is not working as intended. A bleed should just not produce this much damage.

I am a legit player in a legit guild. I have shelved my GW because I do not want to play a broken class, even if the bug is in my favor. I would like damage to remain as it is for a destroyer spec, but I would like to see it spread more appropriately across encounters. Without question, for every GW spec, deep gash is the main source of damage. This is a little silly.

As a side note, I was playing with the TR the other day and I noticed that the TR bleed will crit 100% if the hit of flurry that procs it is a crit. If the flurry hit that procs the TR bleed is a non-crit, every bleed tick is a non-crit as well. My guess is they just copy/pasted this effect to the GW and since deep gash only activates via a crit, it crits 100%.

In both cases I think each tick of the bleed should roll for whether it is a crit or not. This would respect the actual crit chance of the character more consistently.

I would not over-invest in deep gash, regardless of what you think of pers3phone's rumor. My gut tells me the GW is getting another balance pass that will change the effect of deep gash, or move it deeper into the destroyer tree. It is just too strong, let's be real here.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    jeffro9000 wrote: »
    I have a PVE spec destroyer. I like the damage in mod 2, but it should not be coming from deep gash. Looking at the numbers it is pretty clear that this ability is not working as intended. A bleed should just not produce this much damage.

I am a legit player in a legit guild. I have shelved my GW because I do not want to play a broken class, even if the bug is in my favor. I would like damage to remain as it is for a destroyer spec, but I would like to see it spread more appropriately across encounters. Without question, for every GW spec, deep gash is the main source of damage. This is a little silly.

As a side note, I was playing with the TR the other day and I noticed that the TR bleed will crit 100% if the hit of flurry that procs it is a crit. If the flurry hit that procs the TR bleed is a non-crit, every bleed tick is a non-crit as well. My guess is they just copy/pasted this effect to the GW and since deep gash only activates via a crit, it crits 100%.

In both cases I think each tick of the bleed should roll for whether it is a crit or not. This would respect the actual crit chance of the character more consistently.

I would not over-invest in deep gash, regardless of what you think of pers3phone's rumor. My gut tells me the GW is getting another balance pass that will change the effect of deep gash, or move it deeper into the destroyer tree. It is just too strong, let's be real here.

TR bleed overwrites, a flurry that causes a non crit bleed can overwrite one that caused a crit bleed., which deep gash does as well just always a crit with a crit since it always procs with a crit.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    It's true, it's hearsay. I suggested the devs should write a PvP-focused blog and I can see this happening, but cannot tell if DG will make it there. You don't want to believe me? It's OK. There were other persons present when this conversation took place.

Also my reason of posting about it here is because I have GWF friends and I saw Steam's topic about this exact same subject, and I felt it's cool if I let them know what was talked about. Yet this is met with animosity and I'm regarded as some kind of enemy lol.

So yeah. Obviously feel free to believe me or not.
    It's nothing personal, I just don't believe anyone on gaming forums. Unless it's out of a dev's account point blank on the forums or on the live patch notes I don't believe it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    It's nothing personal, I just don't believe anyone on gaming forums. Unless it's out of a dev's account point blank on the forums or on the live patch notes I don't believe it.

It's understandable, I'm always skeptical as well. There were probably ~7-8 people who saw this. Kune and revrac I believe were there off the top of my head. The damage is obviously bugged and they are aware. When they fix it will be up to their team, and hopefully the fix will come with some other feat changes to increase GWF dps, but this does not need to be in the form of boosts to at-will or encounter damages. Those are already too high (for PVP.)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Even without the damage bonus, it has the ability to burn TR stealth. Why would I not have it vs a TR? Here's how it would go, I would let you flurry me, then when you go to roll away, I'm just going to run, use takedown without even targeting you, knock you prone, find you, TR, FLS, TR, IBS. If you're not dead in the first rotation you will be eventually, but you won't have the dps to kill me.

this is were you very wrong before mod 2 no gwf could kill good tr(except tene one).coz 32hp 30 deflect 1.500 rege tr u dont kill in one rotation not to mention soulforged and artifact.
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I am not using Deep Gash, just like I didn't use Stormstep/Forest in HR. It's wrong and it's obviously bad for PvP reasons. Who cares if CWs have a rival in PvE DPS...the thing is that all PvP heroes that have recently grabbed a perfect vorpal and skillshot people, are everywhere and they ruin our fun.

The ability is not working as it states, so I'd say that it's a bug. Of course if I had put money to get p.vorpals and 3 legendary artifacts I would scream for it not to be fixed. But I guess, that if the reason behind this is PvE damage boost, the developers should find something different to keep them up there without having the PvP experience ruined. Especially now that they are looking on PvP module.

If the next patch contains a fix on Deep Skill and also a Threatening Rush non-spam filter, it would be an amazing day.
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *