test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep Gash

Comments

• zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    was not a direct answer, I only used it as a hook to complain about the projections of Class

"I think most GWFs Deep Gash want to stay this way because Their non-Destroyer builds would receive a serious fix (aka nerf)."

I partially agree. for good or for evil, gwf need to do damage.
    edited January 2014
    "reaping strike 10 targets
    weapon master strike 10 targets"

I do not know where you got that, but there is a prior explanation.

1 - wms are 2 attacks.

2 - reaping strike, for some reason I do not know, is scheduled to make "2 strikes" that have added value here supposes that (which is very good with the last boon, incidentally)

"no target cap on avalanche
    no target cap on IBS "

"punishing charge no cap
    mighty leap no cap"

I not use might leap the to talk ... More talk of punishing charge is a joke in bad taste.

avalanch is difficult to explain the problem ... absence of 4 seconds. feat destroyer / wm takes 3.

Do you know the only way to make a ibs "no cap"? when cw uses the singularity. their own account gwf settles at most 3 targets.
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stoxforum1 wrote: »
    So here's some information after testing with Valiant:

no target cap on avalanche
    no target cap on IBS
    NSF 5
    5 target cap WS
    punishing charge no cap
    mighty leap no cap
    reaping strike 10 targets
    weapon master strike 10 targets

Now look at the skills you use and the mobs you pull, I bet in those big pull CN and VT runs you will do a lot more damage with mightly leap, punishing charge, and IBS. Look at the at wills, wicked strike is normally the go to but from testing WMS > animation cancel WS rinse and repeat is the most damage currently. Obvious to see why when WMS has a higher cap. And I know personally when I have run PVE on my GWF I normally use slam, but you think I'm not going to switch that to avalanche in a heartbeat after seeing these caps.

Also FYI lantern caps at 5 and valindra's crown at 10 mobs.

On my gwf:
    Avalanche: 4104-4862
    Punishing charge: 563-649 damage at rank 1 (and I'm not going to put a single point into it let alone 3)
    Mighty leap: 1297-1506
    Reaping strike doesn't benefit from unstoppable attack speed increase. in other words, why would I use it?

These powers aren't even worth putting more than 1 point into for having fun in town.

As for slam vs avalanche, I would gladly give up either of them for a daily that does half the damage of an oppressive force or half the radius and damage of singularity.
    edited January 2014
    " Reaping strike doesn't benefit from unstoppable attack speed increase. in other words, why would I use it?"

not receive?
  • stoxforum1stoxforum1 Banned Users Posts: 265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    removed...
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Leeroy, lets all roll CW's since we have no hope.
    h49415FB6

I refuse to be a namby pamby... :)

pers3phone wrote: »
    It's OK if they fix Deep Gash. We insisted on preview that whatever they do, they should make sure that GWF PvE damage remains the same. The dev agreed, they have no intention of destroying the class again, they just want to fix the feat.
    If that's what happens I'm jive with it... Though I don't expect it to be something quickly fixed, but then again I could be wrong!
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I have GWF friends and I don't want their chars to be gimped.
    Like me!
    va8Ru.gif
  • pkdeadly1pkdeadly1 Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2014
    j0shi82 wrote: »
    Although I don't fully get what you want to say, I don' think anybody doubts that GWFs needed a serious DPS increase. I also agree that the Destroyer path should be a "nuke machine", but the way Deep Gash currently works you can spec into whatever (Iron Vanguard, Instigator, Sentinal) and almost double your DPS in adding Deep Gash. This simply isn't intended.

I think most GWFs want Deep Gash to stay this way because their non-Destroyer builds would receive a serious fix (aka nerf).

Joshi GWF really upset about any nerf that effects pve they where ugly kid who would get kicked every pug queue Even mine with high end gear would get kick every time it queued did it 68 times in run that's not counting same people in groups and at 68 was point I gave up ever pug queuing.

also like add in premade I was farming all dungeons with friends GWF just do not want to be ugly kid ever again you can not know what it feels like unless you had gwf pre mod 2 and try to pug queue.

Mines gelflin and a lot people posting in this thread did premade with me

You know even valiant said he's probably going to start using mighty leap as an initiation. Why? Because no target cap, bleed damage on everything, and it procced shadowtouched boon on all these mobs hitting them at once. Altogether on ~90 mobs this was over 400k damage for him in one move you consider underpowered and not worth your points.

And blowing a few punishing charges while a sing is up followed by an IBS, that's 3 encounters with no target cap. All I ever hear is GWFs need more targets, CWs hit so much. Well CWs have 2 uncapped, sudden storm and icy terrain, sudden storm has a very narrow path and limited range, and icy terrain the mobs can easily run away from if a party is spread. And at wills GWFs have the advantage too, I'm seeing 5-10 hits, I would kill to have an at will that hit 5-10 targets all the time on my CW. Ray of frost = 1, magic missile = 1, chilling cloud = 1 target on the first 2 hits and 5 targets for the third hit.

stox just because valiant dose some thing don't mean we all will be we all don't cookie cutter we leave that to cw

don't you think Cw dps is op anuff now u want at will that hits 5-10 targets well at least if you go about posting for that your not posting in every thread nerf gwf x a b c d ability.
    edited January 2014
    dubble post woops
    edited January 2014
    removed...
    edited January 2014
    You know even valiant said he's probably going to start using mighty leap as an initiation. Why? Because no target cap, bleed damage on everything, and it procced shadowtouched boon on all these mobs hitting them at once. Altogether on ~90 mobs this was over 400k damage for him in one move you consider underpowered and not worth your points.

And blowing a few punishing charges while a sing is up followed by an IBS, that's 3 encounters with no target cap. All I ever hear is GWFs need more targets, CWs hit so much. Well CWs have 2 uncapped, sudden storm and icy terrain, sudden storm has a very narrow path and limited range, and icy terrain the mobs can easily run away from if a party is spread. And at wills GWFs have the advantage too, I'm seeing 5-10 hits, I would kill to have an at will that hit 5-10 targets all the time on my CW. Ray of frost = 1, magic missile = 1, chilling cloud = 1 target on the first 2 hits and 5 targets for the third hit.

Wait, so you are arguing mighty leap is actually good? And you cite an example of 90 mobs in an area being hit by the small mighty leap area? How about using an oppressive force on 90 mobs at once. You should give punishing charge a go, it is surprisingly weak and often misses.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2014

90 mobs huh? I think the server hamster would die if that many mobs were packed into that small of a space.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Deep Gash is nice and all, it isn't a 'skippable' feat anymore given that 15% of overall power would tick for less than 100 damage before the changes. It's right up there with Student of the Sword as a 'must have' feat, and maybe that's the problem. GWF proc too many useful effects off of criticals so of course building for critical is going to be a very valid way of doing things.

It isn't controllable damage by any stretch though, you are constantly overwriting the bleed so while IBS might create a large bleed effect it disappears the second you crit on that target again and is overwritten once again by a smaller attacks bleed effect. Sure, you can wait for the bleed to finish ticking but that will likely do less damage than just continuing to spam attack.

I've been playing around with the new Deep Gash, and while it definitely ups the damage done over a dungeons length it doesn't put GWF at the top of the damage meter just by itself. You need to consider that it's probable that in dungeons where Deep Gash accounts for the lions share of the GWF's damage that the team in question isn't dropping the add's very quickly which allows Deep Gash to work overtime thus padding the GWF's damage count.

On teams with other decent DPS the GWF is going to fall a little behind from what I've seen, but then again that's just pugging so take it for what you will. At least my GWF isn't auto-kicked from groups anymore, although I've seen no shortage of teams advertising for CW/DC only with no room for GWF. If it was truly as OP as some would like to make it out, everyone would be clamoring for a GWF in every instance. Such is not the case.

(Although try putting together a team without a CW, see how far that gets you in most instances. Much easier to live without a GWF regardless.)
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited January 2014
    I never said nerf, I said fix deep gash. I'm trying to provide alternative to the cookie cutter GWFs who don't seem to test anything or have any idea how their class even works...

Such hypocrisy. You talk about the most useless encounters and make claims about them while obviously never having used them yourself.
    My target cap on at will was in response to GWFs who believe that the solution is giving them more target caps on at-wills than CWs have. Well, they already do, they just don't know it...

Wicked strike has 5 target cap, and at least before mod 2 weapon master strike had 5 target cap and I haven't read about the cap being increased.
    Or they want increased damage to at-wills and encounters to be more like CWs, when these numbers are already higher too...

No, CW numbers are higher as I showed before. 800 damage punishing charges aren't going to compete with any CW powers.
    It's the same thing with TRs at the moment, they believe they are so weak and underpowered because they don't run with the aoe skills that would let them do more damage like wicked reminder (which they too consider the damage too low even though it has a low cooldown, no target cap, and is an incredible AP generator, which by the way I believe valiant got nearly 60% of his AP bar from one mighty leap...)

Mighty leap isn't going to give you 50% of your AP bar. It might give you a large amount of determination bar by hitting 90 mobs at once, but I can assure you, the AP gain of using mighty leap is about 5% of the bar. Should try toning down your vitriol and maybe following your own suggestion to test things out hmm?
    You guys should feel lucky because for CWs they nerf encounters with high mob caps and anything that generates AP they nerf into the ground, feel lucky they haven't turned to you on this as well. Believe me I very much miss shield and entangling force for AP generation and uncapped targets on shield.

The only thing I feel is that you must be playing a totally different game than I am playing. Anyone who has played gwf before mod 2 knows gwf ap generation was nerfed into the ground, and that a lot of other gwf things were nerfed into the ground.
    edited January 2014
    My knowledge is six months out of date but when I was playing virtually the only uncapped ability GWF had was Avalanche of Steel.

WMS is capped at 5 targets per swing, and makes two swings per cast, which could be considered a target cap of 10.

RS was capped at 5 targets, I've seen nothing to indicate it's been changed. Or at least I haven't noticed it hitting 10 targets by itself.

Mighty Leap does paltry damage and as Choco pointed out it doesn't build much AP unless you're leaping into the middle of hell itself. I do use Mighty Leap and have since they added the dodge window into it's animation, but to say I use it for anything other than dodging and closing distance when dash is empty would be lying. I definitely don't use it for it's damage generation, and the Deep Gash proc off of it is lousy. It ain't no IBS, that's for sure.

Last I checked Punishing Charge was capped at five targets, as was virtually every other GWF Encounter ability. I'm definately not going to spec into punishing charge again, I can tell you that much. The amount of buff it needed to be even useful simply isn't ever going to happen. It's a mobility power that does paltry damage, and if you're using Punishing Charge instead of Mighty Leap you're wasting points IMO. Unless of course Punishing Charge had a dodge window added as well, but I doubt that very much.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • nonameidknonameidk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Few observations:
    IBS has a hit cap of 5, it's the mark that doesn't and the mark can proc steel blitz.
    Deep gash, yes it's unbalanced internally within the class, I would much rather see it being adjusted and our encounters brought up a bit more. And the reason that deep gash is doing insanely % of total dmg is because any amount of targets can bleed and the bleed procs of every crit.

The dmg output of a dmg specced gwf is just right, and I only suggest re-balancing the class internally.
    When in doubt, just hold on. A new day will rise :)
    edited January 2014
    nonameidk wrote: »
    Few observations:
    IBS has a hit cap of 5, it's the mark that doesn't and the mark can proc steel blitz.
    Deep gash, yes it's unbalanced internally within the class, I would much rather see it being adjusted and our encounters brought up a bit more. And the reason that deep gash is doing insanely % of total dmg is because any amount of targets can bleed and the bleed procs of every crit.

The dmg output of a dmg specced gwf is just right, and I only suggest re-balancing the class internally.

They replaced a feat that made Reaping Strike hit for over 20k damage on a single target crit then people complain it's useless so they nerf it and add a useful bleed.

Then people complain about a useful bleed and how they want more burst damage which was ironically available before they complained in the first place.

Rinse, wash, repeat.
    edited January 2014
    all this absurd discussion of cap ( not biggest joke there ) comes down to observe , for example , the area of ​​damage ibs / wicked strike / wms , etc. and the complete impossibility that has gwf through itself to group enemies block.

the punishing charge itself " strike millions " if they are straight, stacked on top of each other within an area ridiculous damage .

Furthermore,make sense explaining that the foundation of encounter is to build ap / evade becousethe instigator LOSE DAMAGE TO TAKE DAMAGE? . also use explaining , my, point? the not so fast / mightleap not have an area of damage / cap as a function of the next feat ?
    "Mighty Leap and Not so Fast deal an additional 2/4/6/8/10 % damage and grants Combat Advantage to your allies is 1/1.5/2/2.5/3s."

That is, a utilitarian function ?

but it is obvious that we are discussing with someone who is not only willing to defend their favorite class - which is right - but to sabotage the others to keep up on a pedestal .
    edited January 2014
    on the executioner style, because of the bleed, I was "certain" that had been fair compensation, after all, now had the damage, "we needed to generate ap". But as the bleed was not designed to be so, you can bet it was a VERY miserable nerf what they did with the destroyer.

to be honest, I lost all interest in the game.

to be honest, I'm almost convinced that the bleed was a "deliberate bug" for reasons not beside the point, because if I say the post / topic will be deleted.

but everyone has a vorpal today, repaired?
    edited January 2014
    removed...
    edited January 2014
    Description of your site:

" Characteristics:

You are extremely tough, with a great Armor Class and lots of hit points. You have extraordinary resilience against physical attack. You don’t have much ability to fight at range, but you excel in melee combat. You have special abilities that make it dangerous for enemies to ignore you, so you can contain foes and keep them away from your friends."

now Description :

"The Great Weapon Fighter is an unstoppable force of damage and steel, skilled in using the weight of a greatsword to dispatch those that stand in the way. The epitome of strength, the Great Weapon Fighter is also resilient enough to defend allies in need."
    This class relies on brute strength alone to overcome the enemies. They are warriors who sacrifice shields in favor of large two-handed weapons. While mainly being an offensive class, Great Weapon Fighters still have considerable defense by carrying scale armour.
    When fighting the main bosses in dungeons, usually the best role for the Great Weapon Fighter is to focus on killing the adds. The only times a Great Weapon Fighter should focus on hitting the main boss is if all the adds are dead, the boss has very few hit points left, there is insufficient other dps, or if the boss and adds can be caught in the same area attack. (personal note: nuke class)

Role: your site

Defender. You are very tough and have the exceptional ability to contain enemies in melee.

Now: Damage Dealer/ Secondary Defender

Repeating: = defender my secondary function. primary Function = damage dealer.

Now I ask, what is your point?
    edited January 2014
    2 - if you kill someone with ibs you mark enemies. If you kill someone with this critic, the mark creat bleed. always been like that (ps, the bleed of mark is well below the ibs itself).

but assuming that the damage was full, it was necessary for a bug that her argument had a minimal basis. ie, the argument "has gwf cap" is unfounded within the "natural order of things."

and remember:"The Destroyer is a torrent of unfettered rage and anger that deals a crushing amount of damage no foe is likely to survive."
  • inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So why does CW do more damage then? Because of intelligent buff/debuff stacking rotations.

Your obvious crusade to nerf GWFs aside, you seem to apply 1 set of rules to cw and another to gwf.

shard does anywhere from 30-50% of your total damage, but you say its because of intelligent buff/debuff stacking rotations and its fine. The only way deep gash does 40-50% of a gwf's total damage is because of builds. You think we want to run around with 300 power pets and all blue smiting valiant jewelry? That we do it for fun? that we enjoy having less defense stat and HP than CWs? It's the only way to improve damage. Other than Student (which we all have) we don't have buff/debuff "rotations" to rely on.

I'm going to ignore your target cap argument as it's pretty lol. Wanting us to drop our only utility/dmg encounters to use weak no limit cap ignoring the fact that your best spells have no target cap and trying and compare them.

If you want to nerf deep gash double our at will/encounter dmg and raise target caps to 10 on at wills (this would still be a huge dps nerf for us) and call it a day.

But at the end of the day what this game needs and has always needed from Day 1 was a CW damage nerf. CW dmg needs to be cut in half, and the control nerfs need to be reversed so that 1 cw can cover CC in a group. until that happens then they need to leave deep gash alone.
  • f2pnwf2pnw Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2014
    So what I'm seeing in my test is a cap on IBS, but deep gash is proccing on all mobs in the area with the damage from the IBS, but without actually being hit by it. Seems like another bug >.>

In my opinion the best buff the devs could make to GWF or GF is to increase their threat. I hate to say it, but all you GWFs want to be striker class, when in fact you are defender in 4e.
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter
    Fighter is a martial defender class in fourth edition Dungeons & Dragons.

And since I know it will come up, wizard
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard
    Wizard is an arcane controller class in 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons.

You're a tank, not a damage class. Get over yourselves.

u gone dps mad silly pve CONTROL wizard.worst case i ever seen.hope u get better soon.
    edited January 2014
    So what I'm seeing in my test is a cap on IBS, but deep gash is proccing on all mobs in the area with the damage from the IBS, but without actually being hit by it. Seems like another bug >.>

In my opinion the best buff the devs could make to GWF or GF is to increase their threat. I hate to say it, but all you GWFs want to be striker class, when in fact you are defender in 4e.
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter
    Fighter is a martial defender class in fourth edition Dungeons & Dragons.

And since I know it will come up, wizard
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Wizard
    Wizard is an arcane controller class in 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons.

You're a tank, not a damage class. Get over yourselves.

stox how is it in queue system then that only class that counts as a tank is gf gwf count as dps for queue last I check

also control wizard should be cc not a dps
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nvm delete post
    Paladin Master Race
    edited January 2014
    removed...
    edited January 2014
    Stox, you are promoting mighty leap and punishing charge. I'm not the one who is ****ing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    edited January 2014
    "You're a tank, not a damage class. Get over yourselves. "

good by sir.
  • f2pnwf2pnw Member Posts: 98
    edited January 2014
    go help tr with aoe i think u are on to something big.

"TRs at the moment, they believe they are so weak and underpowered because they don't run with the aoe skills that would let them do more damage like wicked reminder (which they too consider the damage too low even though it has a low cooldown, no target cap, and is an incredible AP generator)"
    edited January 2014
    anyway, before they start another discussion, I repeat the request:

someone with good reputation in the forum, or good relationship with dev, or at least to learn English could ask an official topic about possible changes to class.

no matter their class, have the good will suffice.