test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Polygon's Exclusive Preview of Module 2, Hunter Ranger, and more!

sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in News & Announcements
Polygon has an exclusive preview of Module 2: Shadowmantle, the Hunter Ranger class, new Paragon Paths, and more! http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more

Hunter Ranger Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alkkfd3Hy0I
Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
Post edited by sominator on

Comments

• Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Huh.... I'll need some time to digest all of this, mainly wondering why GWF and GF are on the verge of a "fu-sion HA!"

Good things to look forward too though. :3
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The companion stuff sounds right up by alley. The next question is when will it show up on PTS?
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    will GWF get acces to GF skills or just feats?
  • Options
    zippichzippich Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great news!
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »
    will GWF get acces to GF skills or just feats?

Just the powers that come with that paragon path. And likely feats that are similar to the GF's paragon feats but tailored for a GWF.
  • Options
    relynreerelynree Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So does this mean all other existing 30+ classes will be given a free respec to see if we want to explore the new paragon paths?
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    how can i sign up to beta test this module? or when will it be on the preview server?
  • Options
    truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Happiest day ever!
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Does this mean we get account wide companions, which everyone wants. The update sounds cool, hope there is not campaign stuff like sharandar once was ok, new paragons are cool feel bit bummed for fighting classes though they might like this, hunter looks cool and like the sound of it, cant wait for the druid my favourite class.

Wonder what the mount/companion will be for the Shadowmantle pack?
  • Options
    ameranth342ameranth342 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    great news, finaly a hunter (although not quite a true hunter)

I just hope there is going to be alot of current game fix's before realease, otherwise it seems pointless bringing in another class and more paragons into a already badly broken and bugged game world.
  • Options
    omgwthroflmaoomgwthroflmao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hope they give us free retraining tokens for this new module!
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    great news, finaly a hunter (although not quite a true hunter)

I just hope there is going to be alot of current game fix's before realease, otherwise it seems pointless bringing in another class and more paragons into a already badly broken and bugged game world.

Don't know where you get badly broken and bugged game. I have been playing since release and have yet to encounter a bug. I have yet to have any lag, I have yet to have a broken launcher. No game will ever be free of bugs.

Ranger I have been waiting for since the start.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I hope they give us free retraining tokens for this new module!

Given the new paragon paths available, I expect that they will.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The new class in module 2 has been confirmed as the Hunter Ranger. Woot!
  • Options
    mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There is already a discussion for this
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That's really amazing. :o The Artifact system looks cool, something i have discussed in the past with some ppl and had it in a possible suggestion, but now ill have to scrap the idea -__-' And im pretty sure a new wave of free respecs are coming together, since every timer a 'big change' in the game (currently) gave us the option.

AND lets not forget, as soon the Hunter Ranger comes to preview, expect a new wave of crying due to the possible amount damage it can deliver... *headaches incoming*
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ignore this post.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I merged all the threads discussing the expansion release into this one. Please keep it to one thread.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    . . . . . Love that the Hunter Ranger is being added, looks and sounds awesome! However.... I am REALLY looking forward to the Master of Flame paragon path! Huzzah! FIRE!
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Huzzah! FIRE!

Needs fireball. :/ Whats a Wizard w/o Fireball?
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Griffon? maybe.
  • Options
    warzogwarzog Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    With no mention of the TR's second Paragon Path, I can't help but wonder if:
    1). It shares a path with the Ranger?
    2). It gets it's bow back?

My wishlist pick for the next profession would be the Stone Fist Monk.
    Go for the eyes, Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!!!
    (Where's a Miniature Giant Space Hamster when you need one?)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Don't know where you get badly broken and bugged game. I have been playing since release and have yet to encounter a bug. I have yet to have any lag, I have yet to have a broken launcher. No game will ever be free of bugs.

Ranger I have been waiting for since the start.

Me too. I loved DDO because it had bows to cut down the enemies at a distance. The once combat problem with 4th Edition was almost all combat started at HTH range.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Looks like maybe a new Profession coming up Bowyer/Fletcher.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So it's a DC with a sword and two daggers with the TAB mode you've shown.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Now I have to come up with a name for my Ranger. I'm sure there will be hundreds of Legolas and more Dritzz running around. Let's see......
    • (Fill in Blank) the Hunter
    • (Fill in Blank) the Snowman Slayer
    • (Fill in Blank) the Snowmanbane
    • (Fill in Blank) (Fill in Blank)

Oh the HORROR!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If the Ranger's encounters will have separate cooldowns for their ranged and melee versions, I wonder what steps will be taken to balance them against all the other classes. Unless these encounters have cooldowns that are twice as long, or deal half the damage, won't this effectively double the number of encounters they get?

I'm assuming that leatherworking will be added to, to include the Ranger, as well as weaponsmithing?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    talsinaartalsinaar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Polygon has an exclusive preview of Module 2: Shadowmantle, the Hunter Ranger class, new Paragon Paths, and more! http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more

Hunter Ranger Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alkkfd3Hy0I

ok i am writing this in hopes perfectworld, cryptic stops the renaming of Drizzt do'urden ... and any name varient ... i understand it shows you are a fan but this is a D&D and roleplaying game and original naming scores much bigger then taking a name from a book, movie, or other source of media ... and names that arent names also need to be redone and looked at ... like tankitall or beastdps, or healsalot types (not actually used in game but i have seen this or other varients in that fashion .... so please add a copyright naming thing
  • Options
    omgwthroflmaoomgwthroflmao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If the Ranger's encounters will have separate cooldowns for their ranged and melee versions, I wonder what steps will be taken to balance them against all the other classes. Unless these encounters have cooldowns that are twice as long, or deal half the damage, won't this effectively double the number of encounters they get?

I'm assuming that leatherworking will be added to, to include the Ranger, as well as weaponsmithing?

maybe not a total different encounter, maybe a different at will, but probably the same encounter but a different set of bonuses/attacks depending on the weapon. kinda like a devoted cleric shifting his skills to divine mode