test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Polygon's Exclusive Preview of Module 2, Hunter Ranger, and more!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    pandawookie135pandawookie135 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think thats going to be with the paragon paths
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    obitussss wrote: »
    well I wanted a warlock class because I`d like to play a darker character - and I was hoping for a different type of gameplay than that of a control wizard (got one maxed)

Give it three months. We should be seeing the arrival of the Warlock class at the end of February or the beginning of March. I agree with you on that whole deal, so I've been keeping tabs on it.
  • Options
    hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    About the GF and GWf getting each other's Paragon path.. Well, I got a GWF and always wanted the awesome push moves that "iron vanguard" paragon path had, so prefer it than "swordmaster". Just hope that even lvl 60s get something like "retraining token" when module 2 is released.
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Hunter Ranger = Rogue Killer

Please control the celebrating...
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Interestingly, HUNTER ranger specifically is a controller first, striker second in PnP. Then again, they also have some primal magic in PnP, so who knows how close the NW version is to the original. I'd definitely welcome it if it had more versatility and wasn't a straightforward dps-er.

Actually there is two ranger builds called hunter in 4th edition. The first was in one of the Martial Powers books, which emphasized movement and ranged attacks. The second was in the Essentials book and was a controller. I believe they used the first as the basis for the class, though combined with the marauder which was the melee ranger which used movement.
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    And I don't know what to think about CWs having fire spells. I mean, a CW should be a controller type of mage. He should not be the number 1 damage dealer (that imho is wrong at the moment already, he deals way to much damage). Instead of making him a nuking wizard they rather should focus to give him mezz abilities, slow, stun, teleport, mirror images, control weak enemies to fight for them (like the ghost companion) etc. and dealing mental damage, so they could bring once a "real" wizard and a warlock. A CW should be more like an illusionist, a psionic.

For my taste there should be a wizard class that focusses on massive single target range damage (and he should come with fire, lightning, cold spells) and there should be a warlock type of mage that comes with area range damage spells and DoTs (necrotic, poison damage) and then there should be the necromancers that rely on siphoning life, adding life to others, weakening enemies, placing DoTs, use dead bodies as temporary fighters and so on. Like GWF vs. TR. One for single target damage, one for multi-target damage.

The CW is a CONTROL wizard, he should be treated like one.

Obviously you don't play D&D, and while most of the mechanics here aren't D&D, it is still based on D&D. A Control Wizard is still a WIZARD, with the ability to take any spells in the Wizard list. It is just a Wizard build that emphasizes more control - briefly immobilizing enemies or what have you over time as opposed to just direct instant damage. Even the controlling type spells still deal damage, not just apply stun or mezz, etc. The 4E D&D PH sums up a control wizard as "your favorite powers restrict your enemies in various ways - crushing them in the coils of a lightning serpent, trapping them in a cloud of noxious vapor, or encasing them in ice." Funny, those don't sound like non-damaging spells. And it states your favorite powers, not ALL your powers. You need to get out of your other MMO game stereotypes like nuker, enchanter, healer, tank, etc., and maybe understand the basis of what the 'class' was built upon. Yes, there are similarties, but there are differences as well due to the basis of the game, so you can't expect or say 'class a should only b, and class x should only do y'. D&D doesn't work that way.

On another note, the new paragon path for Control Wizard sounds like a substitute for putting in the War Wizard build as a class like Control Wizard is a 'class'.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What do you guys think about the Armor class of the HR. HR is obviously a deflection/dodge spec like CW or TR, but don't think he is good at avoiding attacks compared to a TR, and as seen on "http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/b/474465857", HR have a short sprint compared to other classes. Guessing HR's AC would be a bit higher than Tr or Cw
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • Options
    erikas62erikas62 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    0 pvp content.

Lol so so wrong with that.

Lets see how that goes with those who pvp for more than just dailies.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Interesting, TY for the info.
  • Options
    fergusproferguspro Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mmmmmmmmmm poorly done .... what they should do is take two or three classes at once!! Now ranger will be packed in a while more, and that's not the idea, everyone wants one because it is very versatile and suna complete class that's not fair to the other classes, I hope for the next patch are at least 2 classes! ! or this game quickly cease to be successful!