test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Polygon's Exclusive Preview of Module 2, Hunter Ranger, and more!

Comments

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Oh my... Hunter in PVP will be even worse than it is now... More hits from someone that can stay out of your range.

And I don't know what to think about CWs having fire spells. I mean, a CW should be a controller type of mage. He should not be the number 1 damage dealer (that imho is wrong at the moment already, he deals way to much damage). Instead of making him a nuking wizard they rather should focus to give him mezz abilities, slow, stun, teleport, mirror images, control weak enemies to fight for them (like the ghost companion) etc. and dealing mental damage, so they could bring once a "real" wizard and a warlock. A CW should be more like an illusionist, a psionic.

For my taste there should be a wizard class that focusses on massive single target range damage (and he should come with fire, lightning, cold spells) and there should be a warlock type of mage that comes with area range damage spells and DoTs (necrotic, poison damage) and then there should be the necromancers that rely on siphoning life, adding life to others, weakening enemies, placing DoTs, use dead bodies as temporary fighters and so on. Like GWF vs. TR. One for single target damage, one for multi-target damage.

The CW is a CONTROL wizard, he should be treated like one.

CWs are already OP as hell in PvE. Proof is, people run parties with multiple CWs as the primary option. Now, if they'll get even more AoE damage, i think we can say goodbye to PvE for the other classes and just behold the Amazing 1 DC-4CW parties even more. 2 control-specced wizards and 2 fire mages for godly AoE damage. I have a bad feeling about all of this. Hope they surprise me.
  • Options
    devilinitydevilinity Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11
    edited October 2013
    from what it says, its says it's paragon paths... not the feats
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    devilinity wrote: »
    from what it says, its says it's paragon paths... not the feats

Then either paragon feats need to change because they make use of specific paragon powers or paragon paths include paragon feats.
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So there are some questions which have no answer

1-When patch come every player will receive free respec to all of heroes?Due to new paragon paths?

2-When Ranger comes out what equipment pieces he gonna use? for bow new items needed. for dagger TR weapons?

3-Armor also an issue for ranger; again new sets or other classes' sets?

4-Malabog items still bound what will happen to them when patch increase hero lvls?Which means the current highest weapon set is Malabog but we cant trade them(since they are bound).What will happen to weapon sets with new patch any clue ?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    1) I'm sure by the time we get to module 2 being released we will have the answer.

2) Bows and short swords, I believe. Likely new weapons on both accounts, and not using existing equipment.

3) Same as the previous answer. Likely new pieces. The armor the Sominator's ranger was wearing during the live stream was new and not something another class was using.

4) There has been no indication that there will be a level cap increase.
  • Options
    rojorrojor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Hurray for the module 2 news and info - looks promising, as for the new class - i'm hardly surprised but none the less disappointed.
  • Options
    ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    4) There has been no indication that there will be a level cap increase.

On the link provided at 1st post. If you read all there is a sentence mention that there will be a new area with high level mobs and dungeon.I am assuming that is the point.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ankabird1 wrote: »
    On the link provided at 1st post. If you read all there is a sentence mention that there will be a new area with high level mobs and dungeon.I am assuming that is the point.

Level 60 would qualify as high level.
  • Options
    misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Raising the levelcap would be extremely difficult given how CN and MC functions atm. They would need to either create 3-4 new dungeons at once at the new levelcap, or chance the level on CN and MC.
    I doubt any of these things will happen anytime soon.
    Wizard.jpg
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Awesome stuff people!

Still loving the game, just have a problem with the hard epic dungeons on random groups! with more and more of these contents I hope at least t1 and some t2 dungeons get at least doable. is not like it will break anything, since exploiters can do it very fast, the only ones getting the hard part and not being able to enjoy the game casual people and even hardcore gamers that don't want to join a guild.
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    syka08 wrote: »
    Huh.... I'll need some time to digest all of this, mainly wondering why GWF and GF are on the verge of a "fu-sion HA!"

Good things to look forward too though. :3

IIRC, swordmaster was available to GF in early previews. I was quite surprised it wasn't available at launch, it makes lots of sense, you could even use that AOE Weapon Master Strike on block, flowed well. They are both technically versions of the same class, after all.

I'm curious what the new DC paragon path will be.

EDIT: Ah just saw it in the article - "Anointed Champion path, giving them a set of group buffs." Support/buff path. Boring. Was hoping for a melee path.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yokihiro wrote: »
    Oh my... Hunter in PVP will be even worse than it is now... More hits from someone that can stay out of your range.

And I don't know what to think about CWs having fire spells. I mean, a CW should be a controller type of mage. He should not be the number 1 damage dealer (that imho is wrong at the moment already, he deals way to much damage). Instead of making him a nuking wizard they rather should focus to give him mezz abilities, slow, stun, teleport, mirror images, control weak enemies to fight for them (like the ghost companion) etc. and dealing mental damage, so they could bring once a "real" wizard and a warlock. A CW should be more like an illusionist, a psionic.

For my taste there should be a wizard class that focusses on massive single target range damage (and he should come with fire, lightning, cold spells) and there should be a warlock type of mage that comes with area range damage spells and DoTs (necrotic, poison damage) and then there should be the necromancers that rely on siphoning life, adding life to others, weakening enemies, placing DoTs, use dead bodies as temporary fighters and so on. Like GWF vs. TR. One for single target damage, one for multi-target damage.

The CW is a CONTROL wizard, he should be treated like one.

The GWF isn't just aoe anymore in case you haven't read it, here's something more, for you to cry about ^^

[...]In an interesting twist, the Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter will gain access to each other's Paragon paths following the module's release meaning both classes can choose from the Swordmaster and Iron Vanguard Paragon options.[...]

• Options
    muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The GWF isn't just aoe anymore in case you haven't read it, here's something more, for you to cry about ^^

[...]In an interesting twist, the Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter will gain access to each other's Paragon paths following the module's release meaning both classes can choose from the Swordmaster and Iron Vanguard Paragon options.[...]

this will be Interessting twist but as i have read the thing 2 times or 3 i have not seen any Paragon mention for the TR.....:( or did i miss somethin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    muhac wrote: »
    this will be Interessting twist but as i have read the thing 2 times or 3 i have not seen any Paragon mention for the TR.....:( or did i miss somethin

From past datamined or "lucky" findings in the preview shard, the TR paragon is the Daggermaster.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?421571-New-Paragon-Abilities-for-all-classes-from-the-test-server

Keep in mind this can have changed A LOT from when it was found to the current build.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    muhacmuhac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    From past datamined or "lucky" findings in the preview shard, the TR paragon is the Daggermaster.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?421571-New-Paragon-Abilities-for-all-classes-from-the-test-server

Keep in mind this can have changed A LOT from when it was found to the current build.

I have seen those but in the Official news there was no mention bout it so i was just wondering if it was left out on purpose or why....tnx for the reply dreamhuntressx...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    andreiatmandreiatm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just wondering, after hunter ranger is released, why would anyone neeed a TR in dungeon if you can have a range rogue?
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I hope module two will not be ready too early, couse I'm still playing module one content (for example even if i made tousands of run in malabog I did not drop the sileds I desire!!).

When they are going to complete module 2?
  • Options
    timidonetimidone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Very excited about the update, although I an disappointed with the 1 class. I was really hoping to see the Paladin class.
  • Options
    hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    timidone wrote: »
    Very excited about the update, although I an disappointed with the 1 class. I was really hoping to see the Paladin class.
    are you seriuos? both fighter classes are weak and full of bugs and hated by devs, why introduce a third one? I think ranger is the best choice: we will have 1/2TR, 1Ranger, 1/2CW and 1DC party, so the devs design to delete warrior classes from the game will be complete. From preview, it seem taht ranger will be funny.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Uhhm, Ranger is a Fighter sub-class, just like the Paladin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pipebombb13pipebombb13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Ok so as you lot might know, the ranger class is finally coming. I for one is so excited, the trailer looked so awesome and this is the class i always play around the table as aragon from lotr is kind of my hero. The only thing i fear though is that now we are going to have lots of rangers running around.

I seriously think you should hold of cryptic and release maybe 2/3 classes at once. I know this takes time and maybe means longer to wait but i would prefer that then having a server just with rangers. Anyone else agree with me ?
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah lets wait another 12 months before releasing new classes, that might be the dumbest idea on this boards ever, and thats saying a lot:)
  • Options
    silentstrydersilentstryder Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Ranger is more a Rogue subclass, or it should be, bandit, scout and all. I'm kind of worried Neverwinters Ranger wont have Stealth, or only have Novelty Stealth like the kind that moving breaks.
  • Options
    pipebombb13pipebombb13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i didnt mean it like that, but surely if you have lots of rangers running around, then dungeons etc are going to be dull.
  • Options
    lobo0084lobo0084 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 663 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Yeah lets wait another 12 months before releasing new classes, that might be the dumbest idea on this boards ever, and thats saying a lot:)

Wait, it took 12 months to release?

I thought the game wasn't even officially launched until June 20th? Even if they wait until the end of December, isn't that just over six months?

Or maybe I just can't do math ...
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

"D*mn wizards," said Morik the Rogue.

Learn what a GWF and GF really are: The History of Fighters
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    dont worry rangers will be broken op at start and u will be able to do dungeons with 5 rangers so ppl buy zen to gear them, then they will go gwf on them and nerf them to ground

they should had added some healer in this patch. cause we dont have enough of them as it is and new class could add more players to a role were lacking.

+ i hope ranger will have a choice of being more bow focused so ppl who(like me) wanted archer can have it without losing too much from not using daggers

• Options
    edited October 2013
    i didnt mean it like that, but surely if you have lots of rangers running around, then dungeons etc are going to be dull.

Give it time. I know I will be making at least one Ranger. Which means for about three months or so, rangers will be everywhere. One month to level, two more to equip and run dungeons endlessly.
    "Every adventurer has two things in common: they don't like dying, and they love getting paid. The rest is just semantics." Brecken, famed mercenary of Baldur's Gate

• Options
    edited October 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    dont worry rangers will be broken op at start and u will be able to do dungeons with 5 rangers so ppl buy zen to gear them, then they will go gwf on them and nerf them to ground

they should had added some healer in this patch. cause we dont have enough of them as it is and new class could add more players to a role were lacking.

+ i hope ranger will have a choice of being more bow focused so ppl who(like me) wanted archer can have it without losing too much from not using daggers

No reason to add a healer. Give CW's an area heal and be done with it.

• Options
    obitussssobitussss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    still no warlock class...

I guess it`s time to stop following the game for another 3-4 months and check back again hoping that the next one is the warlock :/
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When does Module 2 go live?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]