What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do people exploit?

12346»

Comments

• pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    seisem2 wrote: »
    There is nothing in it for me to post proof. What do you want me to do? Make a video? Screenshots all day? I am a hardcore player in this game and one of the leaders of a legit guild -- trust me when I say the best players for PVE are legit players. The best players laugh at exploiters.

What class do you play as? See now that we are on the same server, we can easily get people in to our runs to show them how a real legit guild does clears.

I'm a CW. I asked proof for your claim that exploiters are bad players. I never questioned your skill or your team's, I don't even know you, and I never make assumptions about things I don't know.

You should follow the same principle...

For people that read this discussion just now, I am not for exploiting at all. I am just defending reality and have a neutral position:

- trash is unrewarding so it's understandable if somebody wants to skip it
    - players that skip trash or sometimes exploit bosses are not necessarily bad, there is no correlation here; an exploiter can either be a low skill or very skilled player
    - it is understandable if a party goes the path which is more efficient; at 9000 GS and relative new players, the path of least resistance might be exploiting; at 12K GS (excluding GF yadayada) and experienced (for real...) players, with augments, weapon enchants, a few good CWs etc., the path of least resistance would probably be "burn them all" and "AoE everything down".

So it is all coming down to efficiency.

The devs can EASILY remedy this situation, not by patching holes (i.e. fixing the symptom), but by correcting the root cause of exploiting - which is trash not worth the time, some bosses requiring more gear than they're supposed to and so on. Once the devs make the trash clearing very enticing and boss encounters challenging but doable at the entrance GS, it will all be fine. For hardcore players with hardcore gear, make challenge modes for dungeons with special rewards, and achievements that reward players for killing bosses in a special, very difficult way.

Simple.

As for your invitation, thanks, but I already have a team of geared guys which are very efficient at clearing everything in their way. One of the most fun situations is when we have an outsider that insists to exploit and we demonstrate to him that legit kills are faster. But then again... we already played a few months and are overgearing instances by far.
  • seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    pers3phone wrote: »
    I'm a CW. I asked proof for your claim that exploiters are bad players. I never questioned your skill or your team's, I don't even know you, and I never make assumptions about things I don't know.

You should follow the same principle...

For people that read this discussion just now, I am not for exploiting at all. I am just defending reality and have a neutral position:

- trash is unrewarding so it's understandable if somebody wants to skip it
    - players that skip trash or sometimes exploit bosses are not necessarily bad, there is no correlation here; an exploiter can either be a low skill or very skilled player
    - it is understandable if a party goes the path which is more efficient; at 9000 GS and relative new players, the path of least resistance might be exploiting; at 12K GS (excluding GF yadayada) and experienced (for real...) players, with augments, weapon enchants, a few good CWs etc., the path of least resistance would probably be "burn them all" and "AoE everything down".

So it is all coming down to efficiency.

The devs can EASILY remedy this situation, not by patching holes (i.e. fixing the symptom), but by correcting the root cause of exploiting - which is trash not worth the time, some bosses requiring more gear than they're supposed to and so on. Once the devs make the trash clearing very enticing and boss encounters challenging but doable at the entrance GS, it will all be fine. For hardcore players with hardcore gear, make challenge modes for dungeons with special rewards, and achievements that reward players for killing bosses in a special, very difficult way.

Simple.

As for your invitation, thanks, but I already have a team of geared guys which are very efficient at clearing everything in their way. One of the most fun situations is when we have an outsider that insists to exploit and we demonstrate to him that legit kills are faster. But then again... we already played a few months and are overgearing instances by far.

Once they make the trash drops decent, people will only farm trash -- until the market is flooded. The same people who do the trash runs will be the same people who have to cheat on the boss -- because they aren't good enough. Look at near every post on the forums of why they cheat.. its the same answer every time... game is too hard for them. Same exact thing I see when I log into neverwinter, game is just too hard for the cheaters.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • quanticjanquanticjan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just passing by,anyway you can't really say that all of the exploiters = bad players.I don't really support exploits however weeks ago i met a group in spellplague they can just pull the whole room of trash with only 1 CW and survive that.They did exploited some of the mechanics.However i won't call them bad players,their skills are extremely good and maybe you only met bad players that's all.Some of the good players exploits dungeon to save time,not that dungeons is hard.The dungeons in this game are extremely easy and clearing legit is not even an achievement.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Closing this now. Section III of the Rules of Conduct explains forum policy and how to properly report bad behavior.
This discussion has been closed.