test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unkillable GWF ruins pvp

Comments

• Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Does this game REALLY make you all this mad? I would suggest you stop playing before you kill someone over something that is suppose to be entertainment...
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    I'm not mad. I hold my own against GWF. Then again I am a GWF. I am not a sent/regen/tene build though.

When ever I go against a Sent/regen/tene build I swap nodes with the GF who can punt the GWF off home node which means we are getting points for a few seconds while the GWF has to run back up the steps. They can do that for the entire match. Adapt and overcome.

But yeah a full regen/sent/tene build with lifedrinker or stacking some lifesteal or both...takes more folks to down then a SF chest swapping DC.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    sangrine wrote: »
    All that info is not available to me. If you have nothing more to add to this discussion, I suggest you post in other threads.

Thats not even remotely true. You can inspect your entire team before the match starts...and if you really want to know about someone on the other team, they can be found to inspect.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You know, a survival spec DC is WAAAAAAY harder to kill than any GWF.

When a class is specced out for survival, it's not doing that much damage. Their whole goal is to waste your time. So don't fall for it. It's a valid tactic and it's great that more than one tactic is available in this game.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    Thats not even remotely true. You can inspect your entire team before the match starts...and if you really want to know about someone on the other team, they can be found to inspect.

Match is finished. I don't remember any names. How shall I find that info now?
    That info was available to me, but not now.
    Even if I did have all that info, I see no reason to post it.
    This discussion is not simply about me, 4 teammates and enemy GWF.
    Read the most recent pages. There are several other players who concur with my findings.
  • Options
    dante123pldante123pl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Match is finished. I don't remember any names. How shall I find that info now?
    That info was available to me, but not now.
    Even if I did have all that info, I see no reason to post it.
    This discussion is not simply about me, 4 teammates and enemy GWF.
    Read the most recent pages. There are several other players who concur with my findings.
    those are just random pvp QQers that got owned like you
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    slayorian wrote: »

To me, it makes sense that DC can self-heal. I have no objection to that.
    But self-healing in other classes makes less sense to me.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ffs GWF doesnt have dodge/teleport/guard all he can do is take dmg to face ofc he need selfheals for that, w/o it GWF would perish in seconds
    and there would be alot more QQ threads when u remove selfheals from other classes
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    dante123pl wrote: »

You don't know what you talk about.
    We were ahead in points the whole match, until the end.
    And then our party made the mistake of focusing on this unkillable GWF.
    After the rest of our party gave up, I tried to solo kill this GWF but made no progresss.
    Then I quit, because unlike most domination players, I don't play for glory or for a winning score.

This is not the first time I encountered an unkillable GWF in domination pvp. But maybe it will be the last time.
  • Options
    candygirllycandygirlly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ffs GWF doesnt have dodge/teleport/guard all he can do is take dmg to face ofc he need selfheals for that, w/o it GWF would perish in seconds
    and there would be alot more QQ threads when u remove selfheals from other classes

Some GWF's have too much healing .... way too much healing for pvp.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You don't know what you talk about.
    We were ahead in points the whole match, until the end.
    And then our party made the mistake of focusing on this unkillable GWF.
    After the rest of our party gave up, I tried to solo kill this GWF but made no progresss.
    Then I quit, because unlike most domination players, I don't play for glory or for a winning score.

This is not the first time I encountered an unkillable GWF in domination pvp. But maybe it will be the last time.
    so u are 1 of those leavers?
    and u demand a nerf?
    ***** please get the **** out already if u give up coz u cant kill 1 guy
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    slayorian wrote: »

When a class is specced out for survival, it's not doing that much damage. Their whole goal is to waste your time. So don't fall for it. It's a valid tactic and it's great that more than one tactic is available in this game.

Differences:
    A survival spec DC can't kill anything unless someone runs up to him and just stands still.
    A sent GWF can still put out good damage, and still gets similar (self) survivability to a survival DC.

I can solo kill a survival spec DC on my CW if his team doesn't show up. The same can not be said of a GWF as he will take out my health bar in full without me making much real impact on him (GWF maybe at 50% health if i get all dodges timed right).
    If you think they are comparable, perfhaps you are thinking of the lesser GWFs (no gear, or no skill, or bad build)....I kill them all the time.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013

This player is CLEARLY very bad AND plays a GWF himself and doesnt want his build ruined...

I have a GWF that I bet is MORE geared than you bro and the build IS op, its needs a tweak, not a HUGE nerf, just a tweak...

Stop trolling, your a random pvp QQer who is just trying to defend his own class... Like I said, I have the class too, its OP.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    This player is CLEARLY very bad AND plays a GWF himself and doesnt want his build ruined...

I have a GWF that I bet is MORE geared than you bro and the build IS op, its needs a tweak, not a HUGE nerf, just a tweak...

Stop trolling, your a random pvp QQer who is just trying to defend his own class... Like I said, I have the class too, its OP.

the BUILD is not OP, Tene's make it OP. If you go straight up full tank sent build with no tene's sure you live forever but you hit like a fly. Balanced means trading damage for tank and vice versa and that's exactly how it works without tene's in the mix. There is nothing wrong with the build itself, only when you add tene's too it.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    the BUILD is not OP, Tene's make it OP. If you go straight up full tank sent build with no tene's sure you live forever but you hit like a fly. Balanced means trading damage for tank and vice versa and that's exactly how it works without tene's in the mix. There is nothing wrong with the build itself, only when you add tene's too it.
    sadly most of those random QQ nabs doesnt understand simple senti-regen build is not op but with G tenes it is
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    the funny thing is op demands GWF nerf coz he meet SINGLE unkillable gwf in game
    oh forgot to add, coz tanks are "very anyoing" too
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Differences:
    A survival spec DC can't kill anything unless someone runs up to him and just stands still.
    A sent GWF can still put out good damage, and still gets similar (self) survivability to a survival DC.

I can solo kill a survival spec DC on my CW if his team doesn't show up. The same can not be said of a GWF as he will take out my health bar in full without me making much real impact on him (GWF maybe at 50% health if i get all dodges timed right).
    If you think they are comparable, perfhaps you are thinking of the lesser GWFs (no gear, or no skill, or bad build)....I kill them all the time.
    Make me wonder if you can build a sentinel DC with greater tenes...hmmm.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thats the issue though, Ive been campaigning against Tenes as well... I agree the combination of the two is dumb but with that said, the build itself IS op as well...

If it takes 3 players to kill you because even 1v1 for any length of time just 1 person cant... that is OP in a game where you must capture and hold nodes.

If it were pure slayer, sure! It would be balanced. But the fact of the matter that every premade that is ANY good knows the role of a Regen GWF... Its called a "backcapper" Why? Because you force 2-3+ players for the enemy team to go back just to kill him, which lets your team take the other points. That is a total troll.

If it were CTF, what class would be the ULTIMATE carrier? A gwf... Unstoppable+sprint+regen+38k HP... Unkillable....

Again, I HAVE/AM a Sent GWF. I also have other classes and Sent GWFs are the most annoying impossible to kill classes 1v1.

You both must also not understand the power of the build with the last boon... Most Sent GWFs get over 33% deflect and EACH deflect now deals damage to attackers...

Again, no tank class should be able to out mitigate AND out heal damage from DPS classes... Should they BE tanky? YES! But send 1 person to kill a Regen Sent, it cant be done... thats why either the build needs to be fixed, the regen stat does, the armor set bonuses.. etc SOMETHING needs a tweak. Honestly the regen is probably what needs to be fixed (maybe very early dim returns)

OVERALL: The build is a total troll setup that is REQUIRED in any GOOD premade vs premade match...

Why do you think tournys all call for rainbow comp? Because if not, youd see multiple sent GWFs in each group all with tene...

Do you think youll ever see a non-sent gwf in a good premade? Will you see a sent GWF in a good premade do anything BUT backcap?

Here is what you guys need to do to test out if its op or not...

Roll a GF... Stack regen (you can get more regen on a GF than GWF btw) Roll full Con get over 33k+ HP and 1500-1600 regen... Go try and backcap and youll find that you cant do it as well as a Sent GWF...

Why?

Because unstoppable+sprint is WAY better than block+mark...

So in this case you have TWO tanky classes BOTH speccing HP/Regen/Defense/deflect and so why is 1 impossible to kill and the other isnt?

Well, because 1 is OP for PVP.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Has a bad gear, asks to balance PvP because he couldnt kill a tanky high GS GWF. kk.

And the GWF is tanky because of tenebrous. kk.

I have lost all hope in humanity.

-->Spoiler, RoI and plague fire / terror actually weaken the GWF tankyness. Not to mention the famous high vizier, Don't tell anyone. Which means you can make GWF melt down if you have good CWS and/or terror/plague fire. Super secret.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Has a bad gear, asks to balance PvP because he couldnt kill a tanky high GS GWF. kk.

And the GWF is tanky because of tenebrous. kk.

I have lost all hope in humanity.

<
    has BIS gear... asks to balance PVP because Sent GWFs are ridic in PVP the way they are...

GS means NOTHING. 10.4k GS is BIS GWF score...

Tenebrous has nothing to do with being tanky, thats the offensive side...

I too have now lost all hope for humanity...
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Make me wonder if you can build a sentinel DC with greater tenes...hmmm.

Interesting thought. With T2 gear, ancient weapon set, and ancient rings/neck/belt, DC can push i think up to around 4k power & 3k crit without offensive enchants (might be a bit less). Combine that with Tenes and it might be a possibility, but i kind of doubt it. I don't think I have ever seen a DC running Tennes though, and thier survival stats would suffer if they were to setup this way (no unstoppable).
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    <
    has BIS gear... asks to balance PVP because Sent GWFs are ridic in PVP the way they are...

GS means NOTHING. 10.4k GS is BIS GWF score...

Tenebrous has nothing to do with being tanky, thats the offensive side...

I too have now lost all hope for humanity...

I think you didn't read my spoiler. You aren't OP as you think.

and yes, GS is a measure of how much effort did you put in your gear (including enchantments ) just because tene doesnt give GS doesnt mean that GS means nothing.

For example, a 7k GS TR cant kill a 11k GS DC. So it means something is majority of situations. If you have your BiS for PvP, you will always pass 10k GS. It is a fact, for any class. So lets cut the bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

You are from mindflayer probably , a role playing server,or maybe you really haven't met a challenge yet that's why you think you are OP. I'm using a tene sentinel GWF myself in dragon, and i can tell you, good CWs can melt me down if they debuff correctly.

Wake up from the illusion saying " it is about skill not the gear" oh yes it is about the gear, all you need to do is pressing your shift key to avoid attacks. This game requires no skill to excel in its pvp, you just need to dodge and fight on nodes.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Every class has some CC ability, including tanky GWF. Even with little/no damage, you can not ignore CC.
    Debuff weapon enchant will also affect you, even with little/no damage.

Oh yes you can ignore CC, with your shift key. Maybe the only CC you can't avoid is the entagling force and the Slow from CoI.
    Rest is definitely avoidable.

About sentinels, if you want to win against them, kill his team then kill him. not the opposite.

His role is stalling, not assassinating ( unless his targets just turned 60 with their T1 epics) so just avoid him, kill his team, then watch him running in panic.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh yes you can ignore CC, with your shift key. Maybe the only CC you can't avoid is the entagling force and the Slow from CoI.

About sentinels, if you want to win against them, kill his team then kill him. not the opposite.

His role is stalling, not assassinating ( unless his targets just turned 60 with their T1 epics) so just avoid him, kill his team, then watch him running in panic.
    atlast 1 more guy that know what to do vs senti
  • Options
    edited October 2013

You just showed your ignorant of high lvl pvp here bro...

Noone plays WITH a sent GWF, they backcap... as in... by themselves... There is no team around them. Please stop pretending like you know about good pvp, because your post made it clear you dont.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Noone plays WITH a sent GWF, they backcap... as in... by themselves... There is no team around them. Please stop pretending like you know about good pvp, because your post made it clear you dont.

Thanks
    mind showing us your so called OP as **** GWF?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Oh yes you can ignore CC, with your shift key.
    Shift is a way to avoid CC, not a way to ignore CC.
    Ignore a player means to act as if that player does not exist.
    If you ignore enemy CC, then you will be controlled.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Thanks

Told you, you havent met a challenge yet. 2 geared CWs can melt you down like butter if you are alone xD.

GWFs are known of capping a point by themselves, but they would need a help vs geared players.

You don't even know how huge CWs debuffs are, you just went against some pugs in your ghosted server and came to conclusion that you are OP.

A sent GWF can't tank 4 geared out players, he can barely tank 2 of them and then he will have to run. Please cut the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and lets talk with some facts :

RoI on tab = bye bye to your mitigation. and yes it stacks.

Plague fire/ Terror = bye bye to 3~4 % of your mitigation ( when they fix PF, that would be 9%)

Did i forget to say high vizier?

And that can only be done by 1 CW. ONE. They can debuff your damage resistance directly, not your flat number of defense.

Not to mention a conqueror GWF proning you when you aren't in unstoppable.

And you are telling me you can tank whole team of Geared players? cool story bro, when servers merge you will see how "OP" our GWFs are.
    mind showing us your so called OP as **** GWF?

Rank ~9 on defense slots for HP, 7x G tenes, G.PF on weapon ( or perhaps terror since G.PF is bugged atm).

Regeneration rings, Bloodlust belt for more HP.

IT is HP regen spec, and mega defense deflect from the epics ( 2 titans/2 scrappers) nothing special. He is just exaggerating because he wins Vs pugs.

I have one, but with normal tenes instead of G ones. So he deals ~2.5k more damage than me with his tene procs but im as tanky as him.

CWs ****s me up, especially if with GF who can time their CC.

CW and GF combined can melt down any GWF, since he wont even have the chance to get unstoppable ( since GWF need to be on his feet to use unstoppable, and GF can prevent you from doing that easily).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    For example, a 7k GS TR cant kill a 11k GS DC. So it means something is majority of situations. If you have your BiS for PvP, you will always pass 10k GS. It is a fact, for any class. So lets cut the bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Yeah and a 10.4k GS GWF cannot be killed by a 16k GS GF or a 14k CW or a 14k TR... So yes... yes it does mean nothing.... Enchant also dont play into your GS... So, yeah i think im good with saying GS means nothing...

A 12k GS TR can easily kill 14k+ GS players... No duh a 7k GS who just hit 60 cant beat a BIS 14k GS+ player... But just saying I have a hig hGS means NOTHING, especially since your gear could not even be towards pvp setup. I know PVE players with very high GS that would get ROCKED in pvp...
    You are from mindflayer probably , a role playing server,or maybe you really haven't met a challenge yet that's why you think you are OP. I'm using a tene sentinel GWF myself in dragon, and i can tell you, good CWs can melt me down if they debuff correctly.

Im from mindflayer yes, however there are good players on the server, and I also have played PTR with my characters and also lemon stand (we lost) They are good.

You know how you can tell when someone KNOWS they have a bad arguement? When the attack the person and not the points themselves... attack me all you want, but my poitns are still valid.

Its also funny we BOTH play GWF Sents with Tene and yet only 1 of us is fighting tooth and nail trying to avoid a nerf... Why is that? because I want balance... hence why I campaign against tene AND Sents...

You obviously want YOUR class to continue to be OP so you can roll over people or challenge them 1v1 and win and say your pro...
    Wake up from the illusion saying " it is about skill not the gear" oh yes it is about the gear, all you need to do is pressing your shift key to avoid attacks. This game requires no skill to excel in its pvp, you just need to dodge and fight on nodes.

I never have said its about skill bro... ITS ALL about the gear... The skill cap in this game is very low, never said anything but that...

The fact you acknowledge you lost to a CW in a 1v1 just proves that you ARE indeed a bad GWF...

But hey! Ill give you FREE advice bro!

Slot roar and GPF in your weapon and CWs will never beat you again, if you play right.

Your welcome, you dont even need to pay for that advice.