test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plague Fire Color

alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I know this is a very small detail, but I liked it when the plague fire enchant placed a purple/blue flame on the targets afflicted rather than just red flames. At first I thought maybe it was my perfect version only but it does the same on normal.
Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Check your graphic settings are high enough - sometimes they get reset/lowered by mods/patches, and sometimes graphics effects get modified to require higher shader (or possibly other) settings.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Check your graphic settings are high enough - sometimes they get reset/lowered by mods/patches, and sometimes graphics effects get modified to require higher shader (or possibly other) settings.

I did tweak some settings, I'll take a look. Though curious, is anyone else seeing this red PF or is it just me?
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah its the same effect of lifedrinker...its blood on high resolution
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    I know this is a very small detail, but I liked it when the plague fire enchant placed a purple/blue flame on the targets afflicted rather than just red flames. At first I thought maybe it was my perfect version only but it does the same on normal.

Yes, you are correct. The Plague fire enchant is bugged.
    It shows just normal looking flames on the target now,
    although your weapons still glows blue like Plague fire.
    Also the Greater Plague fire enchants, have been renamed as " Greater Fire enchant " :confused:
    Although the description of the enchant still says its a Plague fire. :confused:

I want my blue flames back, hate the normal flames. !!!! :p

• azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Huh, you are right, the fire color on enemies is now normal. Well, darn, I liked setting things on fire with blue flames...

I'd be less angry about it if I didn't magically get skipped in the Plague Fire enchant level bump.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah Plaguefire as in "Spellplague" - which is always the bluish fire we see at Plague tower and so on. LOTS of enchantments were broken in Mod 6 so this just may be one of the 'breaks'. Radiant fire seems okay though (a weird golden/greenish look) - but I haven;t seen any PF stuff lately since flavor of the month is Feytouched.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe they are slowly converting things over to 5th edition where there is no spellplague. The enchant may just be the first thing to be changed, that or they just made a color error.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Once I sold my BiS plague fire in module 5, color has changed and there are red flames now.
    MoF sighs.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe they are slowly converting things over to 5th edition where there is no spellplague. The enchant may just be the first thing to be changed, that or they just made a color error.

Wouldnt make sense, as plaguefire still can exist, and has long after the spellplague happened. A great portion of the themes of the game regard things after the spellplague (as the spellplague has already occured some time ago in the game's history). Neither would it make sense to weed out an enchantment to basically operate the same as an existing enchantment already. They are putting some things in from 5th edition. but neverwinter is its own sort of edition, taking things from different editions but not really being based in any particular edition.