test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

100% Exploration Rewards for Dungeons idea

falkenblackhandfalkenblackhand Member Posts: 310 Arc User
I can imagine what it's like to be a programmer of this or any game and spend hours upon hours of coding a secret into a dungeon. Like say a secret room with a secret boss. Only to watch the masses prefer to do speed runs and bypass it all the time. The hours and hours of hard work all for not. :(

Well here's a great idea for you developers to solve that issue. Why not put an added incentive to actually exploring the dungeons. It could keep track of the chests that were found and opened or even the Skill nodes, as well as the optional bosses that were taken out. Make a reward system based of Percentage. Maybe have 4 different brackets. 25-50-75-100% with rewards scaling up the brackets. You could add more challenging optional hidden bosses at times to entice people to actually kill them. :D

Perhaps even make it an hourly event like dungeon delves is. Where if you go into a dungeon during this event the dungeon changes a bit and adds new bosses. Ramping the difficulty a bit in favor of an awesome reward. You could actually make it a combined event on rare occasions. creating second event off the first. :cool:

Example: Event name - Explorers (gives rewards for completion goals in dungeons and changes them accordingly)
Advanced Event name - Explorers Delves (Combine Dungeon Delves and Explorers event for a chance to win even better loot)

Let me know what everybody thinks! ^.^
-Falken Blackhand (Co-Leader) Of The Forsaken Reborn
LVL 70 Hunter Ranger Pathfinder/Trapper
Post edited by falkenblackhand on

Comments

• Options
    iowastatecycloneiowastatecyclone Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2015
    I can imagine what it's like to be a programmer of this or any game and spend hours upon hours of coding a secret into a dungeon. Like say a secret room with a secret boss. Only to watch the masses prefer to do speed runs and bypass it all the time. The hours and hours of hard work all for not. :(

Well here's a great idea for you developers to solve that issue. Why not put an added incentive to actually exploring the dungeons. It could keep track of the chests that were found and opened or even the Skill nodes, as well as the optional bosses that were taken out. Make a reward system based of Percentage. Maybe have 4 different brackets. 25-50-75-100% with rewards scaling up the brackets. You could add more challenging optional hidden bosses at times to entice people to actually kill them. :D

Perhaps even make it an hourly event like dungeon delves is. Where if you go into a dungeon during this event the dungeon changes a bit and adds new bosses. Ramping the difficulty a bit in favor of an awesome reward. You could actually make it a combined event on rare occasions. creating second event off the first. :cool:

Example: Event name - Explorers (gives rewards for completion goals in dungeons and changes them accordingly)
    Advanced Event name - Explorers Delves (Combine Dungeon Delves and Explorers event for a chance to win even better loot)

Let me know what everybody thinks! ^.^

As a "completionist", I love this idea as I generally tend to explore every inch of the dungeons. I think it would be a fun challenge to try to attain.
  • Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The extra bosses and stuff are super useless and we need a reason to do them.
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    mouernmouern Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jjb828 wrote: »
    The extra bosses and stuff are super useless and we need a reason to do them.

I agree my man! I would like to see something like this added in for fun but players need incentive! Also, I do believe there are some other things taking priority in the dev's minds right now. I do address one of these issues in a thread just posted a few minutes ago feel free to check it out and let me hear your thoughts!