test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.3.20130529d.6

Comments

• Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    you can always rebind the alt-key to something else
  • Options
    goblinborngoblinborn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @huckasex unfotunly it is requred to do the @ comand as in 2, " or @ comands and it dosent close other windows suts as the bug report window so i dont realy see way it colnd be disabled fore the mail to...

or did you men the comand in game to open close the menue?
    it mey be wort a try tanks.
  • Options
    pedrotosipedrotosi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hey guys!
    who think that they have to give us at least the right to change our featres and skills for free??
    they changed many things, so this affects our builds.
    lets fight for our rights guys!
  • Options
    therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    pedrotosi wrote: »
    hey guys!
    who think that they have to give us at least the right to change our featres and skills for free??

They offered free respec oO
    Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
  • Options
    hellishdivinityhellishdivinity Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pedrotosi wrote: »
    hey guys!

How about you use your eyes and read. They gave ONE full respec for each charater, Feats and Powers. So fight for your right to STFU. Oh, and have a good day.
  • Options
    girlbeingtheherogirlbeingthehero Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    does it happen to you that it takes forever to patch, and when it's at almost 80-90%, it turns back to 0%? I really want to know if that's what the problems with patching is, cause I've been having some really bad patching-problems...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    does it happen to you that it takes forever to patch, and when it's at almost 80-90%, it turns back to 0%? I really want to know if that's what the problems with patching is, cause I've been having some really bad patching-problems...

My issues with patching were solved yesterday. So I don't know what's going on with your patcher.
  • Options
    radiantowyradiantowy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about you use your eyes and read. They gave ONE full respec for each charater, Feats and Powers. So fight for your right to STFU. Oh, and have a good day.

Ok dear, tell us how do I reset my feats, because I can only reset the powers, feats can only be reset by the AD. Share with us your wisdom, please.! ? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    radiantowy wrote: »
    Ok dear, tell us how do I reset my feats, because I can only reset the powers, feats can only be reset by the AD. Share with us your wisdom, please.! ? :)

If you go the the powers page and click the respec button, it gives points back for both feats and powers. At least it did for me yesterday after the patch.
  • Options
    radiantowyradiantowy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you go the the powers page and click the respec button, it gives points back for both feats and powers. At least it did for me yesterday after the patch.
    THX V much dear :o .
  • Options
    advntrradvntrr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Overall the patch is good. However, the website Auction House still sucks (its better than the in game one only because search works). Why is the item name the default listing instead of the ah expiration time. Anyone who is involved with auctioning knows that it is the time not the name that is critical in placing a bid. Let's face it you already placed a bid on the item and if you have several bids going on at once then it is a royal pain to find the next one up to bid. Second, because the auto refresh occurs frequently, anyone getting ready to bid or enter a bid when the first one fails will find themselves having to click sort by expiration time and often that means a missed bid opportunity, which in turn leads to less money for the seller - not a good practice. Third, why is it that bidding more than the minimum is a hit and miss issue. Sometimes it works, but most time it doesn't. Developers, think through this from the users point of view. Having it doesn't mean its good.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    radiantowy wrote: »
    THX V much dear :o .

Nooooo problem :3
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its so f****** bad tbh.

CW and DC are nerfed and we all have threat now.

So the only way to surrive for a CW is to get the High Vizier set with the defense bonus.
    Problem is, ITS BUGGED.

- High Vizier Set: Reports of Chill Strike not proccing set bonus in Tab slot.

- High Vizier Set: Proc not working correctly with Steal Time; only works on one target even if multiple targets are hit by the power.

- High Vizier Set: Reported not to proc with Icy Terrain now.

So dont see the point of playing atm until this is fixed. Also the feats etc needs fixing.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    jismsaucejismsauce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Congratulations... You've nerfed rogues...BUT SOMEHOW MADE THEM EVER ****ING STRONGER AND HARDER TO KILL... Everytime i stun then, they either Dodge, are Immune, or are only in it for 0.5 of a second then they **** me up...

They hit like a boss but take no damage, they can now take on 2/3 people by themself and NOT DIE. how the **** did you manage to make the 'Nerfed' class even ****ing stronger...honestly, Embarassing on your behalf. The only people who like this update are Rogues, because now EVEN ****ING <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ARE ABLE TO GET 10-0 IN PVP AS A ROGUE.

The longer it stays like this, the more likely i am to quit, and the same has been said by everyone in my Guild and on my friends list... even rogues think they're even more OP now...

JUST.PLAIN.EMBARASSING, YOU NEVER GO FULL <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, AND PERFECT WORLD, YOU JUST WENT FULL <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    m4xiimm4xiim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, these guys are acting like Blizzard did last year with D3 rofl, I feel ashamed that I spent the time and the 100 or so dollars on this game after these "changes".
  • Options
    simkinfoolsimkinfool Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally I'm annoyed that they claim to have fixed Knight's Valor.. but it has the same bloody bug. It locks itself out after a random interval and the only way to reset it is to zone or sometimes die. Dying doesn't always fix it though ><
  • Options
    ineptus2ineptus2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ofc, they didnt mention to have changed shadowwalkers set poison dmg into lame armor pen
  • Options
    jsih09jsih09 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This patch ruined PvP for everyone. I dont know whose bright idea was to take kicking out of PvP all together, but certainly made the situation worst. Whats the point of pvp? when you can now just AFK and kick rocks without having to worry about getting kicked. Don't even get me started on bots, its almost like perfect world is ASKING for bots in PvP. Come on get your stuff together. At the very least put a vote kick system in. Otherwise PvP its just an AFK fest, unless thats what you were going for. GREAT JOB
  • Options
    ririnfulririnful Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it's just me or the game more lagger than before
  • Options
    bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jismsauce wrote: »
    Congratulations... You've nerfed rogues...BUT SOMEHOW MADE THEM EVER ****ING STRONGER AND HARDER TO KILL... Everytime i stun then, they either Dodge, are Immune, or are only in it for 0.5 of a second then they **** me up...

They hit like a boss but take no damage, they can now take on 2/3 people by themself and NOT DIE. how the **** did you manage to make the 'Nerfed' class even ****ing stronger...honestly, Embarassing on your behalf. The only people who like this update are Rogues, because now EVEN ****ING <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ARE ABLE TO GET 10-0 IN PVP AS A ROGUE.

The longer it stays like this, the more likely i am to quit, and the same has been said by everyone in my Guild and on my friends list... even rogues think they're even more OP now...

JUST.PLAIN.EMBARASSING, YOU NEVER GO FULL <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, AND PERFECT WORLD, YOU JUST WENT FULL <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I totally agree with you. It would seem wizards have been made so ****ing weak. In 1v1 CW stand no chance against TR/GF/GWFss. I play pvp all day long and am usually at the top of the list by the end of the match. But I get owned by most of the classes now. Not only did they make rogues pretty much immune to our ccs **** GF can just block them as well and Gwfs are god like now. They regenerate right though 2 on 1 damage they can stun and run right through control powers like you did nothing and pretty much stun lock you and kill you in 2 or 3 hits. This is not balance Cryptic not sure what you guys are thinking. It is no fun to play CWs in pvp anymore. Our Supposed cc "CONTROL POWERS" Do not do **** unless used on a cleric. Pvp is turning into **** please fix. Oh and what a great job you did on Clerics they are pretty much useless in pvp!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jismsauce wrote: »

This patch has totally ****ed up pvp. CW are so ****ing weak now. They stand no chance against pretty much any of the other classes in 1on1 matches. CONTROL POWERS???? Um are pretty much useless. Rogues seem immune to them GFs just block them which is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I mean they are super hard to kill as it is. Plus they do more damage than a CW. OMG GWFs are ****ing god like. They can stun lock you and kill you before you ever get off the ground. They can regenerate right through 2 on1 damage. Oh and guess what? They have some power where your "CONTROL POWERS" do nothing to them like they are a juggernaut. It has become no fun to play a CW anymore in pvp they are weak!!!!!! I mean everything seems to out damage you, out maneuver you, and pretty much seems like the wizards tools are useless. This needs addressing and NOW! I will not be pvping anymore. Its just no fun for me.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I only get the foundry daily and pvp. That's it. No skirmish or dungeon. Not sure when they are going to address this. Its been like that forever.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    k2kill wrote: »
    I had hoped patch would cause groups stacking two clerics to be less viable being that shields no longer stack.... now you need two clerics to keep just one shield active. The amount of adds some of these encounters throw at you in the endgame is a bit bananas without it and now that the aggro has mostly shifted from the cleric to the CW they really better have their cooldowns ready to go when that shield drops.
    Yes, tanks are better aggro, but good luck holding that many mobs all of the time while avoiding ground effects staying in an active astral. Lets not forget the skull debuff no longer being able to be cleansed, way to push those revive scrolls. I have eaten more potions in one instance than I did with the same steady group in the past two days farming T2/CN. It was hard before working with a single cleric, now it simply isnt fun and challenging... its tedious and costly.

Yeah the pretty much made clerics useless especially in pvp.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    LMAO BULL****!!!! Dude That backstab knife thingy takes 3/4 of my life in one hit. Plus you guys are pretty much immune to ccs if built right. TRs are one of the strongest classes besides GWF now in pvp. But atleast you do not have a one hit kill button anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hey brooooos. Do me a favor and stop patching...

Amen Brother! If they continue like this I will not be playing anymore. Especially pvp.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    grotblasta wrote: »
    If this truly changes how PVP currently is; removes all 5 classes one shot Encounter and Daily capabilities/exploits for level 60; Helps to balance the Green to Blue to Purple Epic gear jumps; Continues to help prevent boring exploiters. You have my continued support. I've already told my friends playing, if it doesn't address some of the worst balancing issues I've seen in my years of MMO gaming then of course, I'm done and moving on. Sorry, but it's just tough love. I understand that it is OPEN BETA, and that is the only reason I have spent $100 total on this game and continued to play to this day (well deserved from the amount of hours this game has given me). However PVP is one of my main sources of "Fun" and currently I can only log in to "Praise" for coins on my 3 level 60's due to how unbearable the current PvP state of the game is. I look forward to seeing all of the new content and what the patch has done. Looks great on paper, lets see it in game! ;) Thanks guys for all of your dedicated hard work at Perfect World Entertainment.

P.S: Edward Snowdan is a hero, support him. Thanks.

Pvp is even worse now. Especially if you like play a CW. You stand little chance against GWF/TR/GF in 1on1 encounters. Oh and GWFs are gods now. Well I am sure atleast the GWF players will not be *****ing because they **** everyones face now.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You all need to chill I have a CW a TR and a GWF and have play pre patch and after and have to say that after patch they all play better. As for PVP don't care about it to be honest as long as does not impact the PVE part of the game, if they fix it for those who do like it then ok, as long as does not mess up my PVE. I think they're doing a great job just need some variety in all things like feats, paths, classes and races. So stop the whining already and I hope they're smart enough to know this, so far they do.
  • Options
    procesproces Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You all need to chill I have a CW a TR and a GWF and have play pre patch and after and have to say that after patch they all play better. As for PVP don't care about it to be honest as long as does not impact the PVE part of the game, if they fix it for those who do like it then ok, as long as does not mess up my PVE. I think they're doing a great job just need some variety in all things like feats, paths, classes and races. So stop the whining already and I hope they're smart enough to know this, so far they do.

OK... lets chill a bit on this... sure but after they fix my CW. Oh its not broken right? Its better you say so here is one small tip for you:

- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Not critting when in Tab Slot. Not affected by Eye of the Storm even when in standard encounter slot (EotS can proc on you, but does not grant 100% crit to Shard or to resulting explosion). Also, perhaps not a bug, but the cooldown is excessive and one of the reasons it often loses out to much lower-level but easier-to-use and faster-cycling powers.

- Sudden Storm: Still not critting. Damage still seems to be less than what tooltip indicates. Not able to hit targets sucked up by Arcane Singularity.

- Nightmare Wizardry: CONSTANTLY procs on the user, granting all enemies Combat Advantage damage from all angles. Looks like it can proc even by building Arcane Mastery stacks or set bonus buffs. To clarify, Nightmare Wizardry is supposed to show up as a debuff on your targets' status bar, not on yours. When it's on YOUR bar, it means you are taking 360 degree Combat Advantage damage. At least one poster not able to duplicate this bug; others have stated that they, too, experience it.

- Eye of the Storm: Still doesn't work properly with some skills. Seems to be an issue with skills that "summon" a persistent effect of some kind, like Icy Terrain and SotEA. Internal cooldowns on feats are also problematic because they aren't explicitly defined in many cases.

- Evocation: If it's not intended to work with ALL AoE powers, can we please have a clear list of which ones it's supposed to buff?

- Snap Freeze: Reports that the feat may not be working or may be working erratically with certain powers. Icy Rays reported not to work with this feat at all. Chill Strike also suspect.

- Icy Terrain: Crit, please?

- High Vizier Set: Reports of Chill Strike not proccing set bonus in Tab slot.

- High Vizier Set: Proc not working correctly with Steal Time; only works on one target even if multiple targets are hit by the power.

- High Vizier Set: Reported not to proc with Icy Terrain now.

- Shadow Weaver Set: Reported that set bonus is still unreliable, sometimes requiring pieces to be unequipped and re-equipped to function.

- Archmage Set: Reports that bonus is not functioning properly. Further reports state that bonus is not functioning AT ALL.

- Ray of Enfeeblement: Cooldown unaffected by recovery bonus when in tab slot. (pervasive issue with powers that have "charges"?)

- Shard of the Endless Avalanche: AP gain from using power virtually nonexistent. Reports that damage is inconsistent with Transcended Master feat?

- Icy Terrain: Very low AP gain, as above.

- Storm Fury : Quantify, please.

- Storm Spell: Quantify, please.

- Storm Pillar: Great that the pillar lasts longer (with less damage? what?), but that doesn't mean anyone is going to use it except to proc that one Feat if it's in their build. Any power that requires players to aim, wait/charge, or incur some other delay needs to have payoff, or it almost always loses to the attractive selection of fire-and-forget powers.

- Storm Pillar: Tooltip doesn't reflect actual damage values, and they seem far too low regardless. Also, reports of Pillar occasionally failing to be summoned as it should be.

- Storm Pillar: Reports that it cannot crit and does not benefit from Combat Advantage on initial target. Secondary strikes from summoned pillar don't seem to proc Spell Storm.

- Storm Pillar: Destructive Wizardry feat not proccing unless targets are close to the caster (poster estimated ~10 ft).

- Steal Time (and possibly other skills): Cooldown can still be initiated without casting the spell if you attempt to activate immediately after teleporting.

- Maelstrom of Chaos: Need supposed damage reduction bonus to be clarified and quantified. Also need the skill to be actually useful.

- Shield: Cooldown now unaffected by Arcane Mastery stacks.

- Shield: Reports of Arcane Mastery stacks sometimes being removed upon burst?

- Chaos Magic (Renegade ultimate feat): Just as a general issue, I'm suggesting that this feat is problematic in that it has a chance to apply 1 of 3 effects (2 being decidedly better than the 3rd) and I usually have no idea which effect was applied when it procs. I remember seeing floater text like "Chaotic Growth" to indicate which version was active on the target, but right now I'm not seeing anything (and I still get notification for things like Nightmare Wizardry, which helpfully floats up every single time I proc it on myself...).

- Conduit of Ice: Conflicting reports about whether or not it properly applies the mitigation debuff when used with the Thaumaturge feat. Unable to test for myself right now; will revise when more CWs chime in to clear up the question.

- Conduit of Ice: Issue with displaying Elemental Empowerment proc properly when in Tab slot.

- Icy Rays: Reports that it is not proccing Elemental Empowerment and is not benefiting from Snap Freeze in either Tab or normal encounter slot.

- Ray of Frost: Tooltip not scaling with power.

- Arcane Singularity: Tooltip not scaling with power. Also reported that no damage bonus granted from Power and damage is less than what's stated on tooltip.

- Maelstrom of Chaos: Tooltip not scaling with power.

- Storm Pillar: Tooltip not scaling with power (or being useful at all, as previously suggested). Also reported that no damage bonus granted from Power.

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST
  • Options
    threeravensthreeravens Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    Confirm a good bit of the above from playingmy own CW. The most galling thing?

1. Feats which had been reported as broken since start of open beta are satill broken (and patch introduced new ones - see nightmare wizardry)

2. Things which were fixed and were working on ptr (set bonuses) somehow got broken when the patch went live..

I mean, srsly CWE/Cryptic?
  • Options
    saturas20saturas20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was just wondering are you so incapable that you can't balance this **** classes? Rogues are making ****load of damage, GWF are nuts right now, from the weakest class you made it the strongest.
    And whats up with epic dungeons? After bosses being defeated the adds just keep on coming, you bugged that nicely i must say. And since when is this a hack n slash game? There are just to many adds spawning from some bosses it is almost impossible to crowd control them or to heal someone who is getting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by this mobs.
    Anyway if you are incapable of making a balanced bug free MMO i suggest making cookies instead, you'd might be better with balancing the cream quantity and making sure there are no bugs in your cookies. Because the problems with this game are seriously getting more and more ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.