test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.3.20130529d.6

Comments

• vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So when is Cryptic going to comment on ANY bugs introduced in this patch? Control Wizards had more broken by the patch then fixed.
  • bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vindicit wrote: »
    So when is Cryptic going to comment on ANY bugs introduced in this patch? Control Wizards had more broken by the patch then fixed.

AMEN! CWs are so broken and weak now it is not even funny.
  • phaonisofsolphaonisofsol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dazzling blades used to be 3/6/9/12/15% chance and it's now 1/2/3/4/5% ...what else aren't you disclosing to us
  • kaur4646kaur4646 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Was away 6 days and found 1.6 GB of patches :D
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2013
    I find a critical bug, its worst than the AD bug, its a bug that can destroy no just the economy but the entire game, its a huge bug, Its a bug we need to fix now or all hope will be lost...
    I found a bug called, "Neverwinter Development team"
    someone need to fix this guys...

Seriously, they patch one problem and create another 300 bugs in the process
  • gibblefenwickgibblefenwick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dazzling blades used to be 3/6/9/12/15% chance and it's now 1/2/3/4/5% ...what else aren't you disclosing to us

Let's put something into perspective: the patch was 1.5GB. You might want to read the full detail related to a 1.5GB patch, but I certainly don't. You were able to observe the particular change that concerned you, because it was visible on the tooltip.

Let's run through some other things not in the patch notes:
    - Rings now compare with both left and right rings currently equipped.
    - The option to select which instance to use when first entering a new zone appears to have removed (pity because I liked going for the lowest population instance to reduce lag concerns).
    - Incorrect profession icons have been fixed.

Clearly you're upset because a feat you really liked (perhaps because it was OP in the first place) has been made a little more reasonable.
    Yes, ideally that probably should have been mentioned. But as a software developer, I can tell you there are so many changes that go into a patch, that it's infeasible listing every single change - because that would make the patch notes so detailed as to become utterly worthless.

Generally only the most important changes are mentioned. (But different people have different opinions about what's most important. ;))
  • pedrotosipedrotosi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rogues are just a piece of **** in pvp now...against GFs you cant even move...they just throw you to the ground and make a HUGE damage!! WTF???
    rogues should do damage!! GF should TANK! you MTRFKRS!
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    pedrotosi wrote: »
    rogues are just a piece of **** in pvp now...against GFs you cant even move...they just throw you to the ground and make a HUGE damage!! WTF???
    rogues should do damage!! GF should TANK! you MTRFKRS!

What hurt much dagger or 1h sword?? :p
    I will add even immune for GF from rogues dagger bites but then rogues will be **** (as it should be) but fantasy systems do this class always, dont know why :/ let's add another most old job in te world like the rogue/thief....."women taking cash for sex" and make it viable :p

No i dont have GF but i hate rogues-like classes, because that classes are stupid....how can some dirty, cloth wraps wearing bug match a warrior with big sword?? never understand this, but i understand that this kind of classes are only implemented for "variety of choices".
    Be happy that your role is not only setting traps and stole loot from bosses :p at least you can do some dmg, but not to much, let's be honest you have only daggers....DAGGERS.
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ksho wrote: »
    how can some dirty, cloth wraps wearing bug match a warrior with big sword??

take a short knife and stab it into your heart

after you died, you know why
  • pedrotosipedrotosi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What hurt much dagger or 1h sword?? :p
    I will add even immune for GF from rogues dagger bites but then rogues will be **** (as it should be) but fantasy systems do this class always, dont know why :/ let's add another most old job in te world like the rogue/thief....."women taking cash for sex" and make it viable :p

No i dont have GF but i hate rogues-like classes, because that classes are stupid....how can some dirty, cloth wraps wearing bug match a warrior with big sword?? never understand this, but i understand that this kind of classes are only implemented for "variety of choices".
    Be happy that your role is not only setting traps and stole loot from bosses :p at least you can do some dmg, but not to much, let's be honest you have only daggers....DAGGERS.

bro, shut the **** up!!
    have you ever played WoW?
    any GOOD game rogue is the DPS class. Rogues are not ROBBERS, they are lethal!
    they dont have armor, the dont have swords that makes 982691246912469142681246 DMG, they dont have any ****ing shield that reduces 90% of DMG. thats why they HAVE to have HI DMG!
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »

Super LOL ;)
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Put a metal plate over your chest, take a short knife and stab it into your heart.
    Ask your friend to hit you with an axe.
    Come back and try answering again. (and please don't take this seriously...)
    :rolleyes:
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Put a metal plate over your chest, take a short knife and stab it into your heart.
    Ask your friend to hit you with an axe.
    Come back and try answering again. (and please don't take this seriously...)
    :rolleyes:
    if i had the possibility then id actually do that since axes dont do **** to metal armors :)

the small pointy knife though can still slip through
  • akadunpealakadunpeal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Polish, Italian and Turkish before the Spanish???? The second most spoken language on the planet and we are completely ignorant of. Hope I'm wrong and that among our language in this patch, otherwise surely lose yourself a lot of customers, including me.
    It's called marketing...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Polish, Italian and Turkish before the Spanish???? The second most spoken language on the planet and we are completely ignorant of. Hope I'm wrong and that among our language in this patch, otherwise surely lose yourself a lot of customers, including me.

Isn't Spanish the third most spoken? Mandarin, English and then Spanish? Come to think of it Hindi might well be competing for third most spoken language, The second most WIDELY spoken might well be Spanish, though.
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    huckasex wrote: »

take a 1h sword and...you dont need to aim at the heart, in one swing you can cut off the arm or leg or leave it deep in main body, dead body ofc :p

another one, take rock and hit him in your head, strong and quick, after you die you know why...
    bro, shut the **** up!!
    have you ever played WoW?
    any GOOD game rogue is the DPS class. Rogues are not ROBBERS, they are lethal!
    they dont have armor, the dont have swords that makes 982691246912469142681246 DMG, they dont have any ****ing shield that reduces 90% of DMG. thats why they HAVE to have HI DMG!

First, YOU SHUT UP with you wow-thing, BOY.
    Second, i play this wow and in it there are the bigger problem with rogues which blizz put for dont know why and give them role because, rogue is great class..........LOL, for me that kind of class are trash, artificially inflated with doing dmg (with DAGGERS,lol) for simply fit to warriors in plate having big swords, mages with magic shields casting destructive spells, or even some archers firing arrows with HUUUGE speed.
    edited June 2013
    take a 1h sword and...you dont need to aim at the heart, in one swing you can cut off the arm or leg or leave it deep in main body, dead body ofc :p

another one, take rock and hit him in your head, strong and quick, after you die you know why...
    wow, those are some real fail analogies
  • pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

First, YOU SHUT UP with you wow-thing, BOY.
    Second, i play this wow and in it there are the bigger problem with rogues which blizz put for dont know why and give them role because, rogue is great class..........LOL, for me that kind of class are trash, artificially inflated with doing dmg (with DAGGERS,lol) for simply fit to warriors in plate having big swords, mages with magic shields casting destructive spells, or even some archers firing arrows with HUUUGE speed.

Realistically, someone with as much armor as a Great Weapon Fighter combined with the colossal sword they all carry, would be incredibly slow. Rogues on the other hand, as you said, wear lightweight armor and carry daggers. They would realistically have far more finesse and mobility during a fight, and in real life situations, this is far more important in a fight than cumbersome armor. I mean one wrong swing and a GWF would be vulnerable to counter-attack and have to readjust his whole stance. Literally all a rogue would have to do is shove the knife into one of the exposed areas of the armor, and the fight would be over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN30YMzja6Y - Mobility and precision beat big hulking pieces of metal.

Of course none of this matters because this is a fantasy game.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues are not ROBBERS, they are lethal!
    In D&D Rogues are Thieves, which means they steal, i.e. rob stuff. They are also Assassins. Both professions which require the character to be quiet. Metal armour makes being quiet difficult. However they do wear armour, it's made of leather, be it padded or studded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A precise strike will kill just as quickly as brute force, don't forget though that plate armour is just the outer layer. Under that plate is also a chain mail shirt and leggings, as well as some rather thick padding. While early Plate Armour did leave some holes, the technology did advance. Plate armour was quite effective and flexible, and cover most areas to include joints. That is why until the invention of the Arquebus, the only real match for a fully armoured knight was a skilled crossbowman or pikeman. That is why the Genoese, Swiss, and Landsknecht mercenaries were so expensive to hire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    In a true RPG Rogues (Thieves) play a part well beyond that of damage dealers. They perform many valuable actions; disarming and setting traps, picking locks, pickpocketing, eavesdropping, assassinations, climbing feats and many more. Many characters were enriched by having a Thief along in the party, not to mention having their butts saved from the bottom of pits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crespuocrespuo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Soo....this patch made my game laggy, anyone else?
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvP has not changed much for a DC its still garbage healing is useless because of the sheer amount of damage, we die pretty much instantly and do no damage.

So no heals, no damage, and die in 2 seconds, so what clerics should just avoid PvP? I think cryptic and PWE hate clerics haha.

Not sure what all the whining is about CW and TR as they still killed me within seconds... try PvP as a cleric its laughable.
    Think I will go play rift till they sort this mess out.
  • danteichigo23danteichigo23 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    some1 is ****ing butthurt about rogues ic , shut the **** up lil kid.
  • konttuzor007konttuzor007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Optimization updates and all..? No difference still.. same ****ty fps with decent rig..
  • bloodletter24bloodletter24 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    PvP has not changed much for a DC its still garbage healing is useless because of the sheer amount of damage, we die pretty much instantly and do no damage.

So no heals, no damage, and die in 2 seconds, so what clerics should just avoid PvP? I think cryptic and PWE hate clerics haha.

Not sure what all the whining is about CW and TR as they still killed me within seconds... try PvP as a cleric its laughable.
    Think I will go play rift till they sort this mess out.

I totally agree with you and I do not even play a DC. I play a CW. But believe me we are almost just as broken. Rogues own us and GWF and GF. I have a toped gear CW that I really now how to play. BUt when I come up against a equal geared TR,GWF, or a GF I just stand no chance. Just I had a GF kill me 21000+ hp with one shield bash your dead. TR take 3/4 of my life with one hit stun me and finish me off with another hit. I mean they can stealth kill you with ranged attacks which do huge amounts of damage. But I would say DC have it even worse. They just are useless in pvp. It is sad. Just seems like Cryptic does not care about the unbalance issues in pvp. Seems they are doing little about it. I mean GWF are god like now. I am about to stop playing the game all together. Just seems like they are going to do nothing about these issues. I know I will not be spending one more dime on this game tell this **** is addressed. Not only that this was not suppose to be a pay to win but it totally is. Those that have tons of money to forkout just straight own in pvp with that and the unbalanced classes just is not fun.
    edited June 2013
    Remember the classes are based on a DnD structure, which is not designed for individual balance, but team balance. You can't completely balance the classes in PvP and not break the classes for PvE. This is why there should be a seperate server for PvP, where the classes can deviate from the DnD rules, however remember that PWE/Cryptic has to stay within the guide lines established by WoTC which owns the DnD IP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Remember the classes are based on a DnD structure, which is not designed for individual balance, but team balance. You can't completely balance the classes in PvP and not break the classes for PvE. This is why there should be a seperate server for PvP, where the classes can deviate from the DnD rules, however remember that PWE/Cryptic has to stay within the guide lines established by WoTC which owns the DnD IP.

This game is entirely different from D&D .
  • gigarosgigaros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's so hard playing cleric now, even in PvE. Astral Shield only lasts 9 or 10 seconds and even with 3.6k recovery I get it down to 14.7 second cooldown. Previously Astral Shield lasted 15 seconds at rank 3, that's about 5 second decrease in duration for Astral Shield. Not sure what the point of that was. To make it even harder for cleric?

And don't even get me started on PvP. Everyone focuses the DC because they know they can't do anything but heal and do medium damage. Meanwhile people crit me for 32k even with 2500 def. As a DC you have two options: Spawn and die.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    Cleric has long been a busted class in this game. So much so, I've quit playing mine out of protest.

As to Clerics and this game's PvP... that's the same situation as all healing classes and MMO PvP... they're always the number one target (for those educated in MMO PvP anyways).
This discussion has been closed.