Options

Massively soapbox article: "The Soft Launch Scam"

12346»

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    The rest of what I said is absolutely correct, and comes right back to the customers, as I already outlined. I'm not the one whining here however, as you are trying to accuse - you are carrying on about how customers owe the company a debt of gratitude, when its 100% the other way around. Without the company we would still be here. Without the users the company would not still be here. While some are willing to blindly spend money on the product, even in an unfinished state, the smart ones wait for the product to be proven to be something worth spending money on.

Yes Chai, we are the customers, and the customers are always right. Still, I feel we do owe the company a debt of gratitude for building a kick a$$ game and allowing us to play early and make it better. Absolutely.

I also feel Cryptic owes us their best efforts as well, which I believe they are performing.

To me Chai, this isnt about good guys vs the bad guys. I'm a straight shooter - you should know that. I just hope they continue to make the game better...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    silentsinssilentsins Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Of course the game was unfinished, thats why it is still in beta.

DDO is "unfinished" in terms of adding new features. This game is "unfinished" in terms of the TR smoke bomb CRASHING THE CLIENT in pvp matches making it into a paid version of the game, group finder still turns up completely non-viable groups, and there's still market exploits at large... big difference.

Either way, video games are a crowed market. MMOs are a crowded market. F2P MMOs are a crowded market. Wallets speak louder than forum posts, and it's a buyer's market.
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Collectively.. Cryptic and the playerbase (US) made the game better... CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT!?

This statement is subjective and an opinion only. In my opinion, this game hasn't gotten better due to the new patches.

We agree to disagree on this matter, Mr. Giantish. :)

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is the game finished? Of course not. The game is not dead, or dying. Its not breaking or broken. I'll meet you back on these forums in five years. Write it down. PM me. I'll tell ya again if you'd like to hear it.

This'll be great. :cool:

I'll add to it for bets sake. Never get close to 300k active customers, 200k a longshot. Within that 5 year period, percentage of NA players to EE (Everywhere Else) tips towards +-5%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • Options
    baddobb1baddobb1 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most people know if it smells like smells like bacon, looks like bacon and tastes like bacon, please don't try and tell us it's pork and expect us to buy it.
  • Options
    jasalphajasalpha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    Yes Chai, we are the customers, and the customers are always right. Still, I feel we do owe the company a debt of gratitude for building a kick a$$ game and allowing us to play early and make it better. Absolutely.

I also feel Cryptic owes us their best efforts as well, which I believe they are performing.

To me Chai, this isnt about good guys vs the bad guys. I'm a straight shooter - you should know that. I just hope they continue to make the game better...

Sorry to say, but this is exactly the type of response one would expect from a "Community Moderator" that wants to keep their position. In fact that seems to be the attitude from all of the Moderators on here. "Don't say anything bad about Cryptic/PWE". The fact that you feel Cryptic is preforming their "Best Efforts" is effectively laughable. They have done nothing be do the opposite since BWE2. I am beginning to think that the only way to actually get the attention from PWE/Cryptic is to drive down to their headquarters in Cali and talk to them in person. Possibly with the business end of something if civility doesn't work.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jasalpha wrote: »
    Sorry to say, but this is exactly the type of response one would expect from a "Community Moderator" that wants to keep their position. In fact that seems to be the attitude from all of the Moderators on here. "Don't say anything bad about Cryptic/PWE". The fact that you feel Cryptic is preforming their "Best Efforts" is effectively laughable. They have done nothing be do the opposite since BWE2. I am beginning to think that the only way to actually get the attention from PWE/Cryptic is to drive down to their headquarters in Cali and talk to them in person. Possibly with the business end of something if civility doesn't work.

well keep in mind that if you work for a company, you can't really say bad things about it without consequences. I can't do it at my work (I can talk about it at home, but won't post it on social media) I certainly won't say it in front of my boss (note: I'm actually happy with my work)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    kryndorkryndor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would you spend millions on content that you're not sure if the players will like? You get a core, and YES believe it or not, WE get the opportunity to mold it into what we want.

What is so hard to understand about that?
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It is interesting that people keep using the word "scam" It is not really a scam. People are told what are being offered. It was listed as open beta. It did start taking money (buying Zen) BUT the devs said there won't be any wipes.

Where is the scam? were the product in the package (HoN) package not delivered? I don't think the package include (stable fully function game with minimal bugs*)

Was it underhanded to take money in open beta? I think so, BUT the mods already explain that is industry standard. Why is it standard? it is because there are a lot of people who are willing to shell out for it. I blame facebook :) Almost all their game are in Beta state AND taking money :)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Come come now, you all do realize that the only reason for the open beta was because Perfect World were running out of money and decided to open the flood gates "early". All this chit chat about beta and soft launch and what have you really means nothing to anyone. In 6 months, people will just complain about something else, and the game will be "average". Its a fact, people will complain NO MATTER what changes are implemented.
  • Options
    kryndorkryndor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pelomixa wrote: »
    Come come now, you all do realize that the only reason for the open beta was because Perfect World were running out of money and decided to open the flood gates "early". All this chit chat about beta and soft launch and what have you really means nothing to anyone. In 6 months, people will just complain about something else, and the game will be "average". Its a fact, people will complain NO MATTER what changes are implemented.

LOL this made me laugh...

They are making millions upon millions...

They are no where near running out of money!
  • Options
    pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kryndor wrote: »
    LOL this made me laugh...

They are making millions upon millions...

They are no where near running out of money!
    my previous comment was referring to pre open beta, then they made the decision to release open beta prior to having, IMO, a fully functional and balanced game. I am fully aware that they are making a fortune, having spent a small fortune myself - lol.