Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.2

Comments

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    panderus wrote: »

Like the changes to AS .. No more lag? ;D

Since HE's are dropping Aquamarines, how about 15min 'eligible' foundry's always dropping an aqua too?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As a Main GF player and almost mod7 coming i still waiting to see something on patch notes about GF, shield up and not blocking ( happens almost everytime on elol sometimes u block his breath atack and survive like 2/3 HP full other its like u not blocking, shield is up and u hear the sound of blocking). Stab animation dont stop u try to get away from a red and u keep stabing even u no longer have stab key/mouse press. Villain's Menace animation its so slow that most times u get kick/stun/prone before u get immunity. Deflection seems to deflect heals (theres at least grafic indication of deflecting heals green txt with deflect icon). DR its to low with 47.5% most adds still 1 shoot GF in dungeons.

Main-hand and off-hand artifacts have both a 2nd sot offensive i find this strange on a class that is suposed to live from defensive status.

Tactician cap feat its useless when gf still get 1shoot with shield down.

why all dps classes can get there crit severity higher than base status and gf can't get deflect severity higher? allow gf to deflect 75% dmg instead of just 50% would be amazing.

CON - its GF main status but still each point means only +1k HP.

Enduring Warrior - 4% HP by Killing something its just useless (tanks dont kill) why not make it - your regeneration now work´s in combat (25/50/75/100%).

Taking Measure - 50sec CoolDown its ridicule

I hope to GF changes in some patch notes before MOD7. :(
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Finally some fixes for the paladin. Considering what just happened on the Live server ("[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! [OP] deals 111777 (305296) Radiant Damage to you with Divine Judgement"), I won't miss that cheesy daily. :p

I've some concerns about the Cleanse change, though... mainly that it's likely to make that feat even more useless unless the current cooldown gets reduced. I'm with lilhamlet on this. We have asked to have the DC heroic feats to be looked at for two years now and, when DCs received a large overhaul otherwise, heroic feats were completely neglected. No changes were made to them, not even to the tooltips to reflect the secret cooldown timers. What is the point of not mentioning the 5-minute internal cooldowns when talking about a feat? Is it to sell more respec tokens when players realize they've been lied to?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [
    Items and Economy
    • [...]
    • Campaign Stores: Resolved several issues with some classes not having the correct items available in the Sharandar or Dread Ring campaign stores.
    • [...]
    • Ilyanbruen Set: All head pieces of the new Sharandar Iliyanbruen armor set are at min required level 60 instead of 70.
    • Ilyanbruen Set: Sharandar level 70 rare gear set now has HP on the Feet and Head slots.
    • [...]

Ilyanbruen worked nicely, thanks.

But Dell McCourt still refuses to serve Hunter Rangers...
  • Options
    dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To panderus:
    For 5 seconds(+5 per rang) you shield all your allies from harm. You redirect 100% of the damage they would take to yourself. All damage you would take while this effect is active is reduced by 80%.
    Do you think Divine Protector little overpowered in pvp? Pally have 80% REDUCES ALL DAMAGE 20 sec and OP still gain AP when Divine Protector ON. So OP in pvp can use this daily 20 sec every 35-40 sec.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    But Dell McCourt still refuses to serve Hunter Rangers...

Oh sonofa... (campaign interface broken too?)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can understand the change to the Paladin daily - but being as this is our only damaging daily, would it be possible to either improve the PvE usefulness of some of the others and/or change one of them to deal some damage as well?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The elemental black Ice sets stats are still the same Ilvl with less hp than the epic mat version. Even with t3 empowerment it gives less hp with the elemental versions.

Can you please update the elemental black ice set to reflect this change to the base mat so that it actually gives an improvement rather than an hp nerf etc.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This has been brought up before. With our current tech, we could improve the matchmaking further at the cost of greatly increasing queue times especially during off peak hours. We do not currently feel this is a good solution.

Dear Panderus,

could u pls consider merging RUSSIAN and Europe servers .. i dont think it is of an extreme difficulty. Wow has done so as well as some other games.

You will GREATLY improve pvp community as well as pvp queues should be much shorter.

thx
  • Options
    rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    btw, the Prism and AS fixes are muuuuuuuuch appreciated and well overdue and I'm hoping it'll make for much smoother huge group runs.
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • Options
    mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    Black Ice Sets: There are now sets of Black Ice gear for trade of Black Ice at the Black Ice Forge that is ilvl 122. It can also be upgraded with Black Ice Shaping. The Elemental Infused sets may be Infused with Black Ice to further increase their item level temporarily.

panderus , this is incorrect , I just logged onto preview and the forge shop only has the exact same 4 pieces of basic black ice gear it has always had , it is ilvl 122 and the upgraded version of the black ice gear set remains ilvl 122 even when fully empowered . Also the task to upgrade black ice boots to elemental black ice boots is now a rank 3 task (on live it is a rank 4 task ) but the tasks to upgrade the rest of the set are still rank 4.

ugh I was hoping they would make the black ice set at least on par with the ilvl 130 gear....
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Performance and Stability
    • Queue Improvements: We have made a number adjustments to the queue system to help improve the overall experience. It is still recommended that players who want specific group requirements or players group up before entering the queue. These features may be tuned while the server is active should any of the initial settings be too strict or lax.
      • When queues fill a player who has left they now respect roles. Ie. If a Devoted Cleric leaves a map the queue will only replace them with another Devoted Cleric or an Oathbound Paladin of the appropriate specialization.
      • After a map has had a number of players leave the queue will no longer attempt to fill players from the queue. This is both to prevent maps that are in a stuck state to continually send players there as well as discourage frequent use of vote kicking.
      • There is now a minimum amount of time that must pass before a player may be vote kicked from a party. It should be enough time that it will be worth attempting any content before being able to kick the player.

This definitely deserves the thanks of all the HR's out there. I can only speak for myself, but since mod 6 began I've been insta-kicked more times than in the previous year.

That said, for me personally, this comes too late. Until the difficulty gets toned down, I'm not setting foot in any more dungeons. From a raw cost-benefit standpoint, they're not worth the health stone charges that I have to expend (and they're definitely not worth the frustration!) I'm still waiting to hear something to the effect of "we're going to tone the general difficulty down". So far I haven't.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    can we get a fix on GWF weapon clipping issues on slim male characters where all of gwf weapons go through body and legs on slim male characters?

Get a real man tall GWF, then.

Problem solved. What kind of WARRIOR are you being tiny like that?

Anywyas, DeeJay nerf was WELL deserved. Now Paladin needs more nerf bats on the damage resistance and tankiness because he is an OFF-TANK. It's supposed to be weaker than GF in resistance, but it's 100X better.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xtremoz wrote: »
    As a Main GF player and almost mod7 coming i still waiting to see something on patch notes about GF, shield up and not blocking ( happens almost everytime on elol sometimes u block his breath atack and survive like 2/3 HP full other its like u not blocking, shield is up and u hear the sound of blocking). Stab animation dont stop u try to get away from a red and u keep stabing even u no longer have stab key/mouse press. Villain's Menace animation its so slow that most times u get kick/stun/prone before u get immunity. Deflection seems to deflect heals (theres at least grafic indication of deflecting heals green txt with deflect icon). DR its to low with 47.5% most adds still 1 shoot GF in dungeons.

Main-hand and off-hand artifacts have both a 2nd sot offensive i find this strange on a class that is suposed to live from defensive status.

Tactician cap feat its useless when gf still get 1shoot with shield down.

why all dps classes can get there crit severity higher than base status and gf can't get deflect severity higher? allow gf to deflect 75% dmg instead of just 50% would be amazing.

CON - its GF main status but still each point means only +1k HP.

Enduring Warrior - 4% HP by Killing something its just useless (tanks dont kill) why not make it - your regeneration now work´s in combat (25/50/75/100%).

Taking Measure - 50sec CoolDown its ridicule

I hope to GF changes in some patch notes before MOD7. :(

this would require them to acknowledge us as a class... We got buffs in mod 4... then instead of nerfing glyphs, Gentleman Crush singlehandedly MASSACRED Supremacy of Steel, Guarded Assault and Knight's Valor...

So lets just keep it as is. DC's are immortal 1v1's, (sure they can die sometimes). TR's are God's (dev's don't touch them because you'll break them to where it's mod 3 again), and Pally are the most tankiest (off tank) and best healing (off healer) this game has ever seen.

So lets just let us stay where we are.. Crush only knows how to buff new classes, and MEGA nerf TR's and any ability he touches, while managing to break Fey touch again and again and again... it over procs on commander's strike.. FIX IT.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was thinking about OP's last night (which, oddly, is the only class for which I haven't created a toon, but that's an issue unto itself). It occurred to me that I've seen this pattern before.

Paladins are presently like unto gods, presumably to entice players to play them.
    When the SW was introduced, they were like unto gods, presumably to entice players to play them.
    When the HR was introduced, they were like unto gods, presumably to entice players to play them.

As a new flavor-of-the-mod class gets introduced, last mod's flavor gets nerfed into the ground to make the new one appealing. When the druid (I presume) gets introduced, Paladins will, if the pattern holds, get their regularly scheduled nerf. Then Druids will have a few months to enjoy godhood until the next class is introduced.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This has been brought up before. With our current tech, we could improve the matchmaking further at the cost of greatly increasing queue times especially during off peak hours. We do not currently feel this is a good solution.

I strongly challenge this. The entire thing is not working correctly.

Rather than trying to do this complicated "ELO" system of matching, what you REALLY need to implement is a system centered around total item level instead.

1) Create a system that "captures" a players HIGHEST "total item level" achieved. This is the basis for what they are matched against.

2) Since tenacity versus non tenacity is a major factor, you would ADD their tenacity value to their "total item level" high water mark.

Thus a 3,200 player with 1000 tenacity = 4,200. Where as a 3,600 player with 0 tenacity = 3,600.

3) Que matches players within X points (500 seems fair) and expands for each minute in que. Say our 3,200 player + 1000 tenacity Ques:

1 minute: 3,700 - 4,700 range.
    2nd Minute: 3,600 - 4,800.
    3rd minute: 3,500 - 4,900 range.

What THIS system does is "moots" out the benefit of gear, so you dont have to match players "elo" which clearly isnt working AT ALL.

4) Considering players like to group up, to avoid "boosting" an entire GROUP is "considered" for the sake of match making to ALL have the item level value equal to the HIGHEST player in the group.

So 3 players que: 3,200+1000 tenacity. 4,500 + 0 tenacity. 3,800 + 800 tenacity. The entire group gets treated AS IF they are all : 4,600. This is the value of the 3,800 + 800 tenacity.

This is the BEST system you can make given the population and the que system. It allows for the MOST balanced games you can get. It puts PVP players on a different 'level' than PVE players. Given that its very linear with total item level watermarks, the Que times would be very quick and quick to expand the selection given the wait times. You can play with these figures and make it +200 to high and low for each minute or even +/- 1000 range to start with.

This would REDUCE Que times and make for MORE balanced games.

It also alleviates the issue of new players getting matched against BIS players (which happens alot BTW).
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Not that I mind terribly, but why was this needed?

Check what people are putting them on the AH for.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dc cleanse need is NOT ok.
    WILL THERE be a general 're work of dc feats soon? Worst heroic feats in game is getting worse! Not happy about this.
    :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The problem with that view of it is the game doesn't really support an "off"-anything class. Dungeon queue will give you either a Protector OP *or* a GF, a Devotion OP *or* a DC. It won't give you both, so unless you're running a group of your own composition where everyone knows that (for example) healing duties are being split between a Righteous DC and a DevOP or something like that, each class has to be capable in the role that the game assigns them, not the role that players run their mouths about.

As the game design goes, ProtOP is meant to be a fully capable sole tank in a party and DevOp a fully capable sole healer.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If he's instakicked his ability has nothing to do with it. I remember there was a time when hr's were constantly kicked from cn.
  • Options
    zerothreetwozerothreetwo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Any word on fixing HR roots?
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    From the same notes
    "Main Hand Black Ice items will no longer drop from Icewind Dale Heroic Encounters."

It had still been dropping, but there wasn't really anything useful to do with it. And I guess no plans to make it useful, so they're removing them.

That black ice gear still gave titles though and so it was nice to still be able to get the MH to finish the set.... all i have left is the MH to finish my pure set for the title... now i never will :( unless they just hand out the title for having half the set like they did with the Gauntlegrym PvE titles when mod 6 went live
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    The elemental black Ice sets stats are still the same Ilvl with less hp than the epic mat version. Even with t3 empowerment it gives less hp with the elemental versions.

Can you please update the elemental black ice set to reflect this change to the base mat so that it actually gives an improvement rather than an hp nerf etc.

second this
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Bug: Black Ice crafting has no skills for making elemental corrupted or purified greaves. Looks like a row is missing in each armor type.
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Interesting that OP has been already nerfed and SW still has ridiculous broken things(fabled, wrath claw).

I am glad I am already done because w/o DJ OPs leveling and dailying will be a lot harder.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I know...some of these guys need to spend less time reading patch notes and more time reading your OP guide :)

That, and keep calm and carry on LEEROY JENKINS STYLE!!

Bit annoyed DJ is getting nerfed, but it was only a matter of time. Overall? Good patch!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Calling paladin off-something cant be serious.
    Gmc said it at the paladon preview tease: its going to be the best tank in game, no damage, no damage bonus in stats, low damage encounters but great threat generation ( 5 times higher than gf ).
    And to underline this he gave bonus damage to gf encounters and a 50 percent bonus weapon damage leading to the nowaday joke of gf one rotating people.

everyone start believing in something and makes it the absolute truth....
This discussion has been closed.