test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GFs in Epic Shores of Tuern

2»

Comments

• ipuaiwahaipuaiwaha Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about a lack of AP. Just blocking a hand blast fills up 30-40% of your AP. Two of them, plus some misc damage you took with KV up, means you can hit Fighter's Recovery almost every other handblast. Fill up your HP, rinse, repeat.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    inthere23 wrote: »
    Any GF that's an easy kill for any boss in this game and depends on dailies to "save their asses" are probably better off playing another class.

This^ x2. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the cheese build, Im lactose intolerant anyway
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ipuaiwaha wrote: »
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about a lack of AP. Just blocking a hand blast fills up 30-40% of your AP. Two of them, plus some misc damage you took with KV up, means you can hit Fighter's Recovery almost every other handblast. Fill up your HP, rinse, repeat.

I didn't play with SoS/KV until about 2 weeks before the nerf (not in heavy content), but once I did I got into the habit of spamming dailies for DPS as soon as they came up. It worked out because literally by the time SoS was off you almost had a new daily to make a new decision (DPS or fighters recovery?). It made for very short commitment windows to spam dailies. Even if you didn't anticipate a need for Fighter's Recovery, you often have one up right about the time panic set in.

Prior to the SoS/KV nerf I would hold my daily for fighter's recover, and after the nerf there was an adjustment where I spamming for DPS and not holding and it was painful. The people complaining arn't holding for fighter's recovery, and the result is it is not often up when you need it. If you hold and play as you indicated it works out more or less fine with occasionally dramatic moments depending on how sloppy you play.

Anyway that is my suspicion of how the complaints are being generated: "daily up? Press daily now!"
  • sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited October 2014
    Pet peeve: everything has a cast time. That long *** animation is a cast time. So I can't hit abilities when I want to, because I have to be shielded most often than not.
  • ipuaiwahaipuaiwaha Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sugarlies wrote: »
    Pet peeve: everything has a cast time. That long *** animation is a cast time. So I can't hit abilities when I want to, because I have to be shielded most often than not.
    If you're talking about his fire cone, I just move. It gives me more threat building uptime and saves stamina. For his fireball throw cast, you can just wait until after he throws the fireball to shield. The most annoying part is when everyone is in melee. Then he'll just stand around awkwardly before doing the hand blast, and there's no real tell as to when, so you have to keep your guard up.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I realized one can simple move left for a few then right for a few and repeat as long as you have aggro and it seems he can never hit you. An SW can continuously move around him with his circle of death and never get hit as well while constantly damaging him. It seems to be only when you pause that you can suffer his wrath. Heck 99% of the monsters in this game cannot hit you at all if you run in circles around them.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    a9d2f wrote: »
    So I've been running the new skirmish and I can't help wondering: where are all the GFs? I've joined some PUGs on my CW for a week and more than a few times I ended up trying to tank like a GF so the party could finish off the boss. My black ice armor + shield on mastery + teleport will let me live through a few attacks, but I'm a poor substitute.

Is there a reason, other than the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot, that I'm not seeing a lot of GFs in there? Deadly ads that one-shot most players and the final boss fight seem tailor-made for GFs.

This is my personal opinion, so don't throw rocks at me!

Most GF left, they couldn't wait for over a year to fix the class, more like me are only playing solo or with very close friends, we got tired of that 1 year and everybody was blaming us for the broken class.

RNG kills this Mod, like it killed Icewind too, but here it's really a pain, no fun.

Many new players know now, from their friends, that playing a GF isn't rewarding in any way. In my guild there are only a few new players, who really leveled their char to 60 and only 1 guy, who plays it constantly, now this out of nearly 500 players.

Devs in my opinion took a wrong turn by reducing that tiny power we had, now we are only good as HP pool to get the most damage away from the party, but no real value other than that. If it were not for Knight's Valor and matchmaking, we still wouldn't see a dungeon in many hours. Last time i run it, first question: "You have Knights Valor?"
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is my personal opinion, so don't throw rocks at me!

Most GF left, they couldn't wait for over a year to fix the class, more like me are only playing solo or with very close friends, we got tired of that 1 year and everybody was blaming us for the broken class.

Factor #2 when they buffed GF everyone either built an alt or dusted off their leadership alt and jumped right inwith little or no experience.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Which is GOOD. Isn't this what we want?!? Making all classes be in demand? Content that doesn't favor stacking CWs any longer?

Now let's wait for the DC and TR changes and hope they get it right. I personally hope the changes put TR on par with PvE SW and PvE HR damage wise.

Lets see:
    PvP Position one: HR
    PvP Position two: TR

Conclusion:
    Probably not going to happen.

Besides HR is on par with CW in group damage at the moment, thanks to their many AoE encounters and good AoE at-wills and TR is and always should be single target DPS class and where group-DPS classes should shine with adds and runs, single target DPS should shine with bosses and not with overall damage.

Good TR is a boon in Shores of Tavern already, as they are quick to dodge the boss attacks and can relieve rest of the party. I have run most of my Tavern runs without GF, as good HR+TR is perfect substitute or alternatively two HRs with fox shift.

Usually the problem many times is bad GFs that can't tank the damage and are still trying to draw party damage, ending up killed first and then the others soon after. I usually can solo the boss for some time, but he has tendency to change the pattern some times, which means I must do an extra dodge, which draws me from stamina to avoid the knife spray, which is mandatory to dodge as CW. Thus i prefer more two fox HRs than GF, but naturally in a perfect world high GS IV GF and foxy HR would be nice... :P
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Lets see:
    PvP Position one: HR
    PvP Position two: TR

Conclusion:
    Probably not going to happen.

i don't really consider permas to be real rogues. we are supposed to be something else....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Factor #2 when they buffed GF everyone either built an alt or dusted off their leadership alt and jumped right inwith little or no experience.

I can't speak to the instanced stuff but on the open heroics I see tons of GFs. Most of them are simply terrible. I now make a point of messaging the ones that don't suck to say "thanks".
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wanted to restart my GF, even bought a stone and run a dungeon with guild, but then i looked at all the **** daily quests id have to grind

lacking sprint and moving like a turtle didnt help either, its easier to just keep titan gloves and boots for my gwf lol
    Paladin Master Race
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the GF buffs are nice, but not the solution to the problem, the GF should get a complete new reworking and i mean totally new. It's like a bad road, you can apply some patches for the holes in it, but it won't make it better significantly. What we GFs would need is a complete rework of the GF class. Buffs are helping a bit, but the overall concept is still lacking major things. Others and i have wrote many things anno for the GF changes, but it only came down to buffs and i my experience buffs aren't the salvation.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Which actually proves my point.

When the opposition is tough, and survivability isn't simply a matter of AoE DPS/CC spamming, role diversion starts to creep back in. When you can't steamroll a content like bulldozers against an army of cockroaches, then the priority becomes "which classes can help you survive?". At least for that role, GFs and DCs become more appreciated.

Everyone knows that with the exception of pathological ones...