test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Make CW's armor sets look like Wizard's dressings

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited July 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Currently, many of CW's armor sets don't look like they are Wizard's dressings. Especially the black ice sets, which are apparently upper garment and pants, and are too metal-ish.

Wizards wear cloth robes. We need those dressings which give us the feeling of playing Wizards.

== UPDATE ==

After some searches, I still couldn't find any transmutable which looks like wizard robe. So maybe Zen Market can introduce some new robe outfits or transmutables for wizard?

What would be ideal is something like the robe on this page.

Precisely, the ideal outfit would not be separate cloth and pants. It should be one-piece robe. See more at here.

Players who are completely f2p might feel sad because they can't buy stuff from Zen Market. Therefore there could be one or two for free in the game.
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You appear to be bothered by the smallest things in the game lol. Not trying to be mean, but I just find it funny.

I see most people talking about large class adjustments, new zones, pvp changes, new classes, new races, etc.

and than we got Ian over here saying that the CW armor doesn't look as wizardly as it could look. :D
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My wizard had a "robe" in her 50s that seriously looked like she had pinned together a bunch of fabric scraps and trash. It was hilarious.

Conveniently, the advent of Black Ice armor was closely followed by the release of the Ceremonial Protector transmute set, which is utterly fabulous... on a lady wizard, anyway (dyed because I wasn't a fan of the colour scheme).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    All subjective. I think the CW Black ice sets look great. Never understood why people want to put wizards in robes anyways. You're a combat wizard, you don't want a long loose garment that can tangle around your legs if you have to move fast or dive for cover. It'd be a stupid thing to wear regardless of class for an adventurer.
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The CW black Ice armor is the best outta all the classes (IMO)

They look like they straight up came out of that Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac) show. It's so sick looking lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Dressing means something to roleplayers so it still needs some attention, imho.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Dressing means something to roleplayers so it still needs some attention, imho.
    Then this should fix the issue. If you don't like how it looks the developers gave you a way to change it.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Transmute#
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Then this should fix the issue. If you don't like how it looks the developers gave you a way to change it.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Transmute#

There's the best answer you're going to get.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That's what transmuting is for, darling, so you can make yourself look however you please, if the default look of your equipment doesn't please you.

I personally like the way my Tari's outfit turned out largely because the torso covering looks like a lightweight fitted leather jerkin (or a corset!). While I'm aware that this isn't D&D canon wizard gear, it's both stylish and looks more protecting than a lot of other CW armors.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am really happy they added this option, because all of the Warlock's pact blades are huge, they look like **** caveman clubs (some of them). I'll definantly be changing mine to a small "sleeker" looking pact blade.

And another question, why does all the Warlock gear look like Rogue ****?
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good luck finding a smaller pact blade. It's very difficult finding TR weapons that look more suited for slipping between someone's ribs than simply bashing their head in. There are a few but most of the event skins and so forth are huge cumbersome unsubtle things.

And warlock gear is leather, so it makes sense it would be more similar to a rogue's than a wizard's.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Well, transmutable is okay. It could be better if they lower the transmuting price.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's called tranſmutation. Juſt uſe it to change your armor to whatever you like. You can do þat. For example, I've decided I'm bored with 's' in the middle of words, ſo I've tranſmuted þe ones in þis poſt to þe archaic long s becauſe it looks nice and retro. And 'th' is too long, so I've decided to use þe even more archaic 'þ' for it. It's important for my RPing of myſelf.

Honeſtly, moſt of þe armor in þis game looks ridiculous and not like what a member of the claſs would be wearing 'IRL'. My TR runs around with his Swaſhbuckling Captain armor tranſmuted into low-level TR armor becauſe þe lower-level armor looks more like what I expect leaþer armor to look like þan þe ridiculous clown getup. Þus, I uſe þe ſecond level band of armor wiþ the loweſt level of boots/arms, and my helmet viſuals diſabled. Voila, no clown.

Not ſeeing þe iſsue.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    It's called tranſmutation. Juſt uſe it to change your armor to whatever you like. You can do þat. For example, I've decided I'm bored with 's' in the middle of words, ſo I've tranſmuted þe ones in þis poſt to þe archaic long s becauſe it looks nice and retro. And 'th' is too long, so I've decided to use þe even more archaic 'þ' for it. It's important for my RPing of myſelf.

Honeſtly, moſt of þe armor in þis game looks ridiculous and not like what a member of the claſs would be wearing 'IRL'. My TR runs around with his Swaſhbuckling Captain armor tranſmuted into low-level TR armor becauſe þe lower-level armor looks more like what I expect leaþer armor to look like þan þe ridiculous clown getup. Þus, I uſe þe ſecond level band of armor wiþ the loweſt level of boots/arms, and my helmet viſuals diſabled. Voila, no clown.

Not ſeeing þe iſsue.

Do you have any idea how much of a pain it is for modern readers to read 17th century conventions on how to spell things with a long s?
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, transmutable is okay. It could be better if they lower the transmuting price.

51k a pop at 60 can add up quickly. The anniversary event showed that the devs are willing to listen to players, so hopefully we'll see more free-to-transmute armor pieces. As for wizards and robes - it's kind of a tradition at this point, and sort of makes sense if you consider some of the lore explanation as to why they can't wear metal armor or such.

Also, Icewind Dale added some very practical fashion pieces, so you can easily put something "conventional" together using those. The peasant and merchant pieces can be mixed for some good looks.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Transmutation is the more advanced solution. The OP is looking for "dressings" and cloth robes, not just combat robes, so the more simple solution would be to use this thing called "fashion".
    If you want to make a statement you can even enter combat using fully "transparent"/breathable robes for maximum air flow and mobility.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Original post updated for suggesting introducing new robe outfits or transmutables because there doesn't seem to be any in the game.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I understand looks are important, I usually transmute my TR armor to some of the low level ones because they are less fancy and more down to earth.
    I've always hated robes though XD in most MMOs I don't play mages just because I'm forced to wear dresses and I hate them. I'm glad we have other options in here that are less robe-y XD
    But I agree that it would be nice to have som robe options for those interested in that.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not only wizards...i feel most rogue armor is not good as well.

I feel the character looks could be a lot better and wish they would draw from more Larry ELmore artwork for their styles:D

He painted D&D right.
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I my self like the CW stuff the way it is but think it would not hurt to add some options for those who want them.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd like a good ol' fashioned wizard robe.

And some blue dye while we're at it.

(Yes, I know there is something called "blue dye" in the game. But it's gray. Calling gray dye "blue dye" does not make it blue)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes,i think that adding Classic Wizard Robes and a Hood,as fashion items, would be great.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Do you have any idea how much of a pain it is for modern readers to read 17th century conventions on how to spell things with a long s?

That was actually my point. Insisting a bunch of work be done to suit your preferences when perfectly viable alternatives exist is ridiculous. Like insisting on using long s or thorn, and inflicting them on others. I mean, you can read my post even without knowing long s or thorn in advance because I explained what was being replaced with what, but it's ridiculous and a pain in the ***. Poking fun at the idea in an overdone manner. ;)

Personally while I don't care for the existing wizard armor and think most of it looks absolutely godawful, some people like it and insisting it be changed because I want something else is inane. Like uſing þese.

Besides, games with robes end up with stuff like this:

http://www.iankunx.net/pb4.jpg
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Robes are simply out of fashion, just ask this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w