test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Interactive Poll: The Top 20 Fixes You'd Make to Neverwinter!

Comments

• Options
    strife1967strife1967 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Make sure that when people who pay $60 for the packs such as the Founders pack back when NW was still in beta and now the Feywild pack actually get their items. Yes i put a ticket in.....3 days ago still have'nt heard from anyone...But just think when someone pays real money on a game they should get what they pay for....BTW still have'nt got the items from the Founders pack but figure thats a dead horse.
  • Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me, the city is stupidly small, I'm a Champions online player and when I think on the size of the zones there, it's really sad to compare. Once you do the missions on NW zones, you never have any reason at all to botter leaving protectors enclave.

There is nothing to do in protectors enclave!
    Put some epic spawns on the areas to at least make them usefull for lvl 60 players, maybe new lvl 60 areas like the new content will help, but right now you dont have any reason to go any other place than GG map and Protectors Enclave.

Like some people already saying, a little exploration will only benefit the game!
  • Options
    cgkegarocgkegaro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    strife1967 wrote: »
    Make sure that when people who pay $60 for the packs such as the Founders pack back when NW was still in beta and now the Feywild pack actually get their items. Yes i put a ticket in.....3 days ago still have'nt heard from anyone...But just think when someone pays real money on a game they should get what they pay for....BTW still have'nt got the items from the Founders pack but figure thats a dead horse.

Not sure what happened with your Founders Pack items, but the Feywild items will not be available to players, even if you've already bought it until the expansion goes live on Aug 22nd.
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I wish the OP would update the original post's list. <3
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    I wish the OP would update the original post's list. <3

30-some pages of it? That would be a ton of work. And then it wouldn't be everyone's own 20 top fixes. The thread is supposed to be a place where people can add their own, not update the OP's list.

He's doing the whole grouping of them offline to present later, not necessarily in the thread.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    goddessuniquegoddessunique Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Wait.. so you saying you got scammed once AND then bought another pack? And it happened again? lol Tell me I read that wrong.
    Queen of Dragon Server
    Goddess Uniique, lvl 60 DC.
    PinkSugar, lvl 60 CW.
    Baby Cakes, lvl 60 GWF.
    *******, lvl 60 TR.
    Premium Juicebox, lvl 60 CW.
    Pink Exxxtacy, Ranger

There is NO pvp in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    strife1967strife1967 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well from what they say i will get my items when the expansion goes live. As to the founders pack not only did i not revieve it but my charactors that should have carried over didnt. Least thats the way i read it was they were supposed to carry over out of beta. If not PW screwed me....again.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well from what they say i will get my items when the expansion goes live. As to the founders pack not only did i not revieve it but my charactors that should have carried over didnt. Least thats the way i read it was they were supposed to carry over out of beta. If not PW screwed me....again.

Everyone's characters carried over out of open beta (as far as I know -- mine certainly did). It sounds like something is very wrong with your account beyond just not receiving items.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    first id like to vote for or against stuff on the already mentioned list,
    -1 I don't think this is good
    +1 this would be really nice,
    +5 OMG WANT!!!!!

votes on stuff mentioned
    +1 - Improve boss mechanics.
    +1 - Reduce trash mobs/ads in dungeons, strengthen whats left.
    +5 - Reduce xp ,... remove or lessen XP from Invoking/Crafting or make it optional (xp scrolls)
    +1 - Add a trade channel,....Add a LFG channel as well and maybe a Guild Recruitment Channel
    -1 - Add more powers/ custom character creation -could cause more problems should not be rushed.
    +1 - Add ability to email gold and AD to alts
    +5 - Add guild housing/player housing. - making/using housing via foundry is limited to 5 ppl
    +5 - More emotes, sitstool, yoga, Walllean, drink, readbook, read scroll, hold torch...
    +5 - Retool companions... Customization, Dye clothing or equip, change hair-face.
    +1 -(dual-spec) very useful thought to be able to have a PVP and PVE spec
    +5 - Make deities mean something.. maybe have some themed things drop via invocation
    +5 - Change (Deity, City), - could be an ad or zen purchase
    +1 - deity themed armor(Cloaks, Chest, Weapons)
    +1 - add more deities (Evil as well)
    +1 Add more paragon paths to all currently released classes,
    +1 ensure all classes released in the future have at least 2 paragon paths already.
    +1 - Add collaboration tools to Foundry. any foundry improvements are welcome
    +1 - Make a filtering system for foundry quests - private home/lair could be a category
    +5 Greater character customization
    +5 with the ability to set idle stances,
    +1 guild logos,
    +1 to save what has been created.
    Stuff not yet mentioned. (or new spins on mentioned version)
    =====
    +5 - account banks -I think people know what these are.

+5 -Bagspace- This is pulling money right out of PWE's pocket the feeling we need to conserve space prevents me from purchasing more mounts and outfits. We should have a mount and fashion table like we have for non combat pets.

+5 - costume slots - that will allow instant swapping between outfit/armor combinations maybe even allow a hair style change. if we want a up hair with our ball gown, or a pulled back hair with our masked outfit. or for more combaty types maybe they want to swap between the pvp armor and the Pve armor without having to sort through inventory. you could concevibly charge for the extra armor/fashion slots to boot.

+5 - Ability to queue for out leveled skirmishes and dungeons specifically skirmishes I missed out on headstrong due to out leveling the skirmish. id also like the ability to see out leveled quests.

+5 Account vs Character based pricing, - there are some things in this game that are account based like zen mounts and some that are character based like everything other than zen mounts. id like to see 2 options for everything non expendable option in the zen store obviously character based sales will be mostly BOE and sellable in AH, and BOA stuff will be reclaimable at the account vendor and BOP. account based purchases should be 2-3x character purchases. so say someone really really loved that wedding dress for say 4-6k zen they could have it on every character. on the other hand lets say I want that white tiger only on my CW cause it fits her theme so well instead of paying 35$ for the global version I could pay 15-25$ for the one.

+1 - A gold to AD exchange - one issue a lot of people seem to have is the inability to trade/mail conveniently with people cause its hard to sort out how much gold an item is worth this is due the AH being all AD based,

+1 Side kicking- Having to stay completely synced in quest and level with friends and guilds is hard and probably why everyone dashes to end game. being able to do low level stuff with your guild will increase variety of play at level 60.

+1 Race change/class change / background / religion change- easy to add paid options, even if they are only limited availability after new options are added.
  • Options
    sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    Well I guess this list didn't make it to the devs before Feywild.

Too bad :(
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Feywild has been in the works long before this list was even an idea Sogronnwo. This list is nowhere near done. It takes time to code these features into the game.

I appreciate your comment however, as it's clear you like some of the ideas here within. I can promise you the Cryptic devs have read the community's wishes here. Pretty soon, on the NOCS, you'll hear many of these very points brought up to Team Cryptic ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I appreciate your comment however, as it's clear you like some of the ideas here within. I can promise you the Cryptic devs have read the community's wishes here. Pretty soon, on the NOCS, you'll hear many of these very points brought up to Team Cryptic ;)

Awesome. :) Thanks for helping out with all of this, especially since you're volunteering to do this work.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Feywild has been in the works long before this list was even an idea Sogronnwo. This list is nowhere near done. It takes time to code these features into the game.

Thank you, it's great to hear from the dev team, even if indirectly.
  • Options
    skrimshaw72skrimshaw72 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I need the Companion unbind bug to be fixed! I have one stuck on a character was that re-rolled and no longer used since 2013-04-29. There is no way on earth I ever would have spent any zen if I knew that "Companions can be traded to other characters" was actually a boldface lie!

I can overlook many bugs, but this is one seriously making me feel ripped of!
  • Options
    ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Add an option in lfd to replace someone that leaves party in a dungeon
    Vote to kick system
    Auto kick when someone goes afk in pvp for more than a min
    No exp nerf btw.Its already very easy to lvl up
    More choices on character creation
    One more healing class or a hybrid healer-dps
    Cheaper respec tokken in shop
    Mentoring for max lvl characters
    Better animation with mounts
    Dual spec would be awesome
    Ressurection spell for clerics
    More action bars
    I cant find something else atm.:D
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had another idea: How hard would it be to add an option for choosing a character's voice at the character creation screen? It bugs me that my half-orc GF sounds exactly the same as my halfling CW. Yeah, this is a more frivolous thing and I'm not sure if it would be more trouble than it's worth to add, but if we had an option for this it would be nice.

EDIT: Got another cosmetic-type one, too -- could character models have universal ambient lighting when we inspect other characters or change appearance of items that they're wearing? Since characters are only lit from the front (no matter which direction their fronts are facing), it's hard to see how a cape looks when you're changing its appearance and trying to decide whether you like one color palette more than another. This is also a minor thing like the voices, but it would make me happy if better lighting were put in at some point.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    I appreciate your comment however, as it's clear you like some of the ideas here within.

Of course I do, I've written my 2 cents in it too :)
  • Options
    theon69theon69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really would like to see a mailbox or postal curiers in different zones than the protectors enclave only
  • Options
    riggsvilleriggsville Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skirmish loot - stupid bad
    zen - stupid expensive (will not even consider buying/supporting game as is)
    enforced trade channel - general chat is stupid fast so pointless
  • Options
    thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Ctrl+click preview window so we can preview what gear looks like on the AH and when linked in chat
    2. Remove the ability to quit PvP and if someone goes link dead then replace them with someone else from the queue. Also, if someone goes link dead and comes back prevent them from joining a PvP match again for 15 minutes.
    3. The current system for appearance gear is terrible - Look at DC Universe for a good system to collect appearance gear. Allow us to collect appearance gear without cluttering our bank. You can still charge for applying appearance. Lost opportunity for profit here since people would want to collect them all.
    4. Housing/Guild Halls - Looks like Foundry has all the building blocks for housing and you can sell house items. More opportunity for profit!
    5. Fix transmute/preview window so we can see weapons and shield
    6. Raids
    7. Improve encounter scripting so it involves more than just more adds. This will be necessary for raids.
    8. To shorten dungeon queue times, bundle all the epic dungeons into 1 queue with maybe a preference for what dungeon you want to do.
    9. Make it so you can request a replacement from the queue if someone leaves in a dungeon.
    10. Shared bank
  • Options
    came064came064 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As an Everquest and Everquest II player for 8 years here are my observations for this game.

1. The appearance options are a joke, everyone looks the same in this game all the way from level 1-60 pretty much, customization is a joke also please go look at EQ's structure or even WOW. It costs a fortune to even try to experiment with this, and you cannot even preview anything on the auction or anywhere.
    2. Chat channels are lame, make a world wide chat option with levels (e.g. 1-9 10-20 etc) make separate channels(e.g trade-skill, auction, etc). Everything is bunched up together in the channels.
    3. Travel in this game is a time sink, why are mobs on the paths back to the main gates? I really dont want to fight useless mobs all the way back through a zone provide evac or allow us to gate back to town without spending a fortune for it.
    4. This game nickels and dimes for everything its ridiculous, you know you can give some things for free and still make money?
    5. No dark elf as an character option? Really? I lol'd on that from the start
    6. I really thought I was going to start in Luclin when I chose what city I was from I was excited, to then only wind up on a beach then a central hub city, horrible!! If your going to have the cities listed let them be cities you can actually live in.
    7. Can you even have a house in this game? I havent checked that theory yet.
    8. Tradeskilling? You send some guy out to do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I have no comment, no hands on tradeskilling at all.
    9. Raiding guess they dont know what that is in this game.
    10. Enchantments are annoying to say the least the same as with EQ and adornments time sink and money sink and bleh bleh
    11. Armor styles are old in EQ and EQII but for a month and a half old game the armor styles in NW some are nice and some not, like my wizard looks like she is either wearing a 70's jogging suit or I have the choice for a football uniform with full pads, and a skirt to match. Whats with the spaceship orbs? Can you replace that with an Imp or a pet of some sort that buffs or helps fight or something?
    12. Storage is a joke in this game also. I have 20 48 slot bags in EQII that I can either make myself or buy cheap from the broker or have someone else make or get for free from running a dungeon with tokens. My bank in EQII has 15 slots to allow to place a bag in each slot to give you 48 slots of space each.

Anyway lots more but Im not going to keep complaining just saying I agree with everything else in these posts pretty much everything has been said I love RA Salvatores books hence the only reason I started playing this game, its fun for a short period only it needs a lot of work.
    Well gotta run I have a raid in EQII I must attend later
  • Options
    kentuckyfriedfookentuckyfriedfoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    21. Fix the laziness/non-existence of development. As you will see with many legitimate mmorpgs, they will not release cash shop until their game is solid and many of the bugs are fixed, well, most of them don't have this many bugs anyways.
  • Options
    arcaisarcais Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    21. Fix the laziness/non-existence of development. As you will see with many legitimate mmorpgs, they will not release cash shop until their game is solid and many of the bugs are fixed, well, most of them don't have this many bugs anyways.

This is Cryptic we are talking about what did you expect? The state of the game is great for a new release but.... how many months down the road are we now? To be fair, the game is better than I thought they could produce.

My list:

1) Release new Classes and add paragon options. Ranger and Druid would make perfect sense for the Feywild exp.
    2) Fix the group que option.
    3) Add content.
    4) Work on the rest of the stuff. Give players an update on what your fixing with a timetable.
    5) Get cracking... .. Jeez, you can get some interns that code faster.
  • Options
    yngisyngis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    abell39 wrote: »
    9. Definitely rework boss fights to add elements of strategy to them. Make the environment more important.

15. Please don't reduce EXP gains. Some of us can't play for long periods of time due to having a not-life outside of the game. I've been playing since May and none of my three characters is level 60 yet. But don't increase EXP gains either, otherwise we'll outlevel everything too quickly.

These very much.

I would like to have the chance to turn XP gain off but still have fast leveling.

More useful crafting. Maybe some cosmetic items.

Drastically reduced (or free) costs on quality of life items. Like bags, character slots, bank slots, respecs. I don't care if some blingy mount or companion costs a lot, none of them appeal to me anyway.

But I would like a way to make my poor looking horse faster. The current training books are just laughably expensive.

Better companion AI. I'm so tired of my companion attacking something I'm not and pulling a lot of adds.

Trade and LFG channels. And at least some moderating on them.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    13: Add an account bank with the ability to transfer all currency. (using the mail system for this is so 1999)
    18: As someone who enjoyed this on Van Helsing, and Torchlight II, allow the companions the option to pickup our loot for us so we're not running around like crazy people after every fight.
    21: Add multiple wardrobe tabs to the character screen with equipable item slots so that we can place the items we'd like to wear while in combat or in town in these slots. Extra wardrobe slots are much more likely to sell in the store than a token to transmute something every time you want to make a change.
  • Options
    wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    1) Explorer Zones / Sandboxes
    2) Paragon Paths - or allow more selection from the existing ones (in other words the 3 trees can all be selected from, just like the feats before level 20
    3) Fix some of the horrible existing powers so they are actually meaningful (on a Guardian: Guarded Assault / Enduring Warrior - horrible powers) - I am sure there are others too.
    4) Sort Foundry quests by the number of times played, and let players categorize them in addition to authors (so XYZ quest played 100 times, rated Hack and Slash by players - 68% - and rated Story Heavy by author - 80%).
    5) Foundry Quest rewards similar to Tymora's Gift, for example.
  • Options
    angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I replied a month or so ago - but I have come to believe that reducing exp by at least 25% - 30% is necessary asap. People are leaving b/c they are already bored. I myself have only now noticed the beauty/ interesting features/ etc for some maps on my 3rd toon as they go by sooo fast. There is no time to do quests/ Dngn's/ Skirms/ PvP/ crafting and foundry. I admit that it makes one feel jipped b/c you upgrade gear so fast and miss out on so much.
    It may need to be even lower b/c I would love to see after lvl 60 a transition to a more sandbox type game, where foundry takes on larger role than dev quest line.
    Add note* paragon paths : each class needs 2 equally good as well, notice people are annoyed with that as well.
  • Options
    archomentalarchomental Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    1. FIX the rubberbanding in town. The most annoying thing Ive seen in
    any game to date. I've been told its because of cheap servers, but who
    knows.

2. Make outside maps more open in future content. Every map is exactly the same thing:
    a few paths through backdrop scenery.

3. Respecs cost nothing or reduce current cost by 1/2 or more. They are already
    milking AD out of every aspect of the game, this 1 change is not going to
    matter.
  • Options
    griffin230griffin230 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited August 2013
    All those loot windows that pop up during combat, asking you to need/greed/pass for gear, plus all those windows displaying the results of who won what cluttering the screen in the middle of combat and loads of adds is seriously annoying.

Why even allow looting during combat ? I'd prefer it if they disabled looting during combat or at least change it so that all those loot windows didn't obscure the screen during combat.
  • Options
    dennariidennarii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PLEASE fix the Tempest Magic/Tiefling issue with Control Wizards! Please! Please! Please!

Also, Fury of the Feywild is going to be released in less than a week. Now would be a great time to change your minds about the HORRIBLE, SOUL-CRUSHING, GAME-RUINING changes you are making to every class! I love my control wizard. I love playing my control wizard. If my control wizard can no longer control anything, then what the hell good am I? It's in the name of the class CONTROL Wizard. It seems that with this new module, you will be changing so many of the things that make each class special, unique, fun, and worth playing. Every class complains that every other class needs to be nerfed, it's how it always is. But that doesn't mean you should ruin every class.

Please, before it's too late, before we have to quit and find another game, please reconsider what you are about to do.

Thanks for listening.
This discussion has been closed.