test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FRAPS not capturing Neverwinter.

tawmisnentawmisnen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am pretty sure I tinkered with FRAPS (www.fraps.com) and NEVERWINTER when Neverwinter was in BETA and it recorded. I tried again last night - and when I tried, FRAPS did not record anything. Was curious if anyone here uses FRAPS and has it working with Neverwinter? (It records other games and such flawlessly; like Knights of the Old Republic, even DVDs if I play them in Media Player, etc).
Post edited by tawmisnen on

Comments

• Options
    rsabatino20rsabatino20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    yeah I tried it this morning taking screen shots and it would not crash but minimize my game to the desk top
  • Options
    parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Works for me but I've not updated fraps for a while. I have version 3.2.5 build 12131.
  • Options
    kulrigkulrig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Doesn't work for me either, version 3.4.7 build 13808. Also works on anything else.

There's an in-game recording tool, post somewhere in the forums about it. But it sounded like such a hassle compared to using fraps that I personally won't bother with it.
  • Options
    rishzothrishzoth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bandicam works...

• Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As far as I know, Demorecord was what is usually used to make videos with Cryptic games.
  • Options
    mrspumamrspuma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Works fine for me. Version 3.5.99

Did you try setting different Fraps hotkeys than the default ones? I find sometimes I have to switch keys around for some games, if the game is using up what I want to use for something else. Like, I often use the Numpad keys for fraps vs. the F keys. Depends. (edit) I do use F keys in NWO tho.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    mrspuma wrote: »
    Works fine for me. Version 3.5.99

Did you try setting different Fraps hotkeys than the default ones? I find sometimes I have to switch keys around for some games, if the game is using up what I want to use for something else. Like, I often use the Numpad keys for fraps vs. the F keys. Depends. (edit) I do use F keys in NWO tho.

I think YOU may be onto something right there... I just realized, I DID change the default - I had set it to PRINTSCREEN (because it was easy to remember that it was going to capture, since I hardly ever do actual print screens) - and PrintScreen was a key that no other thing really used, except Windows.

So I wonder if the function of PrintScreen, which Neverwinter may perhaps use (??) is over writing what FRAPS uses. I will need to test this when I get home.

Strangely though, I don't even see the benchmark #'s (the FPS that Fraps can show), even when I select it to Unhide (and pick top right or whatever). Regardless, will try another hot key for FRAPS and see if that does it.
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited August 2013
    Works fine for me (did a movie and took some ss today), but also haven't updated for a while.
    V3.5.9 Build 15586
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sure enough, having it mapped to PrintScreen was the issue.