test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worst pvp of any mmo?

Comments

• oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because PvPing in a DnD game makes sense, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oroness wrote: »

This isn't a DnD game.
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    This isn't a DnD game.

Guess we've been ripped off then? Or maybe you like playing all witty.
    Can't decide which one of those is more pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure about worst but it's not the greatest. The combat is really fun though and have had some epic battles 1 on 1.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvP will always suck in an MMORPG, because there is more to worry about than balancing for just PvP. If PvP is truly your thing, then you're looking in the wrong place. This game already has ****ty PvE due to balancing classes for PvP; change it much more and you may as well take the PvE out. Of course then the 90% of the players who want a good PvE experience might be a bit upset. Oh yeah there are games out there designed from the ground up for PvP players; MMOFPS, MOBAs ... try one of those and stop complaining about PvP in a game that can't support your needs.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Why wouldn't it? PVP is largely discouraged in actual DnD because dying has severe consequences in game.

If you imagine NW to be some grand DnD adventure, you should consider yourself lucky that TRs don't get to pickpocket other players.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    PvP will always suck in an MMORPG, because there is more to worry about than balancing for just PvP. If PvP is truly your thing, then you're looking in the wrong place. This game already has ****ty PvE due to balancing classes for PvP; change it much more and you may as well take the PvE out. Of course then the 90% of the players who want a good PvE experience might be a bit upset. Oh yeah there are games out there designed from the ground up for PvP players; MMOFPS, MOBAs ... try one of those and stop complaining about PvP in a game that can't support your needs.

Do you update your sig every time you level? :D
  • justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    pzg33 wrote: »
    really can anyone name a worse one?
    it s AWFUL on every level. daliys 1 shotting, block, no dr on anything, rogue range dmg spam, dodge being semi worthless AWFUL sprite detection, bad LoS. really. its stunning. pong>nw pvp wise.

Clearly you never pvp'd in DDO... or Tabula Rasa (which had great pvp imo, but which also drew a love hate line with ppl), or Ultima Online when dexxers could hit you so fast you couldnt even use a heal pot for the interrupting, and then you got your corpose looted and all your **** stolen to boot (back when it was a man's game, before item insurance).

So ya... I can see some areas where someone coming into a game with their own pre-concieved notions about how things are supposed to work for it to be "fun" to "them" would fine their expectations shattered. But thats a case of you not being able to let go of your own expectations and just enjoy the ride.

So, I can hardly say anyone who has played a decent share of wide ranging MMOs could honestly call this the "worst" pvp. Its not wow pvp, thats for **** sure... But I think most ppl can be happy about that.

And personally, I hope to God the devs don't ever decide to listen to ppl barking about the need for "balance" just for the sake of pvp. Pvp is recreational. You do it because you decide you want to pit your skills against another players... whether it be your personal skills or your character's in game skills.

For ppl barking about rogues killing them with their at will ranged attack? I think you need to actually play a rogue and see the different ranged attacks a rogue has at their disposal. If you think a rogue killed you with their at-will ranged alone, then its clear your powers of observation are your reason for sucking at pvp. More likely you got hit by 3 or 4 seperate ranged attacks, and then the rogue finished you off with the at-will. If you don't know how to use your own toon's skills and your own personal skill to create some survivability for yourself vs that, then I don't know what to tell ya.

You win some, you lose some. Big deal. If you'd quit thinking that because you consistently get beaten by class X then class X must need to be nerfed maybe you could actually learn to play with some ksill at the game, rather than skill at pushing for nerfs through the forum (that isn't directed at the OP... clearly that wan't the bent of your post.. I just threw that in as an imho call out to the forum warriors who can't learn to sit down and spec skills that will help them win... its either you create an environment where I can win with the same spec I PVE in or the agme sucks! Well, I sincerely hope the devs never listen to you... why you are pvp'ing in the first place is a mystery).

In the end, pvp is and should be more or less a joke in DnD. Its something added for kicks because every game has players who want to fight other players. Its not a serious vein of progression, has absolutely ZERO to do with any kind of DnD lore or storyline... So if you came to this game looking solely for good pvp, then the problem is with you, I'd say.
    edited May 2013
    Guess we've been ripped off then? Or maybe you like playing all witty.
    Can't decide which one of those is more pathetic.

It's your run of the mill MMO based of off DnD.
  • malganysxmalganysx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa X'D u never NEVER!!! play a good game if you like this pvp... CW and Rogue r too OP... no DR!!! no nothing!!! is just a waste of time... some times CW and TR 1 shot me... and i have full pvp set.. pff... i cant belive
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    This isn't a DnD game.

I'm so glad the man with the authority to decide such things made an appearance. Can i get your autograph, Mr Gygax Jr?
    edited May 2013
    I'm so glad the man with the authority to decide such things made an appearance. Can i get your autograph, Mr Gygax Jr?

Why is this so hard to understand?

It's a generic MMO BASED on DnD. Why wouldn't it have pvp?

There's lots of other features in this game that wouldn't be in DnD.
    edited May 2013

If you remove place names, npc names, and the words: encounter, daily, and at will then what exactly does the current NW have to do with DnD?
    edited May 2013
    malganysx wrote: »
    ahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa X'D u never NEVER!!! play a good game if you like this pvp... CW and Rogue r too OP... no DR!!! no nothing!!! is just a waste of time... some times CW and TR 1 shot me... and i have full pvp set.. pff... i cant belive

Well lets see... lets apply a little bit of idiot's logic to the classes...

CWs are designed around shutting down and killing. Rogues are designed around stealthing and killing. CLerics aren't.. Nor are GFs. Is there some confusion as to the way the classes are designed to work? Don't come to this game for pvp. Its that simple. Pvp as an additional thing to do... if you don't like it, don't do it.

BTW.. youre kinda asinine if you expect to be very good at ANYTHING in a set of gear they give you as a reward for pvp. Its a cheerio thrown at you for trying and doing it for a long time. This isn't wow or SWTOR where the ppl who sit and pvp endlessly for months get a set of gear with stats built around making them believe they've actually learned to play better because suddenly they get automatic damage reduction, higher healing and higher damage done simply because some numbers on their gear have a pure pvp stat on them.

LOL at anyone running around in "full pvp gear" expecting that to do anything for them. In this game, the pvp gear is a small side reward, not a goal.
  • alecstormalecstorm Member Posts: 142 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just 2 (or 3?) maps, balance issue, a bit of p2w, yes, this is actually one of the worst pvp. But it's a bit too early to judge. Better wait for some major fix.
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    If you remove place names, npc names, and the words: encounter, daily, and at will then what exactly does the current NW have to do with DnD?

you'd have to remove a lot more than that. DnD is about lore far more than a particular method of playing. In case you haven't been paying attn, the pen and paper version itself looks quite a lot different now than it did 30 years ago. Find where encounter powers, at will powers and etc are even brought up in ed. 1, 2 or 3?

Remove drow, the entire storyline, the races, geography, ability for someone to take upon themself the role of a DM and build their own adventure for other players to play through... All in all I'd say aside from some choice of playing rules, the game has much more to do with what DnD classically has always been about than you seem to realize.

And ya.. @alecstorm I can say thats a much more reasonable summing up of it. The pvp isn't great.. but then it wasn't designed around pvp in the first place, so kinda have to roll with what ya have.

In any game that is designed with diversity in classes, pvp is going to be rough. The reason being is that you will always find some tank class player who cries that the healing class can heal.. you'll have a dps class crying that a tank class can withstand their damage and doesn't get 1 shot like the cloth wearing class, etc etc.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Do you update your sig every time you level? :D

LOL I used to update it every time I leveled, and every time my appearance changed, but my promotion at work means I no longer get to play with PS all day.

Sad life I lead...
  • cwylloggiacwylloggia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Worst PvP? No way.
    At least there's no invisible shotgunners in this PvP.
    *grumble* Defiance *grumble*
  • raaizeraaize Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »

What exactly has been changed in the PVE side of this game that was the result of a balance change for PVP?

I'm pretty sure nothing has been changed, that was the result of a balance change for PVP, that has affected PVE in this game.

Oh and the PVP sucks in this game but as someone said earlier there are no real rewards so it's not really worth caring about.
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    level 60 pvp is fun. hardly any bots and afk players and people who play on level 60 want to play. my cleric and GF are never number one but do well. i am leveling a control wizard now so i can bring falling ice of doom on people
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
    edited May 2013
    raaize wrote: »
    What exactly has been changed in the PVE side of this game that was the result of a balance change for PVP?

I'm pretty sure nothing has been changed, that was the result of a balance change for PVP, that has affected PVE in this game.

Oh and the PVP sucks in this game but as someone said earlier there are no real rewards so it's not really worth caring about.

Thats pretty much my point. Pvp isn't great because they've chosen to focus on PVE. And thats perfectly fine. There are plenty of options a person has to choose from if PVP is all theyre looking for.

Add to that the rewards being not that big a deal other than a waypoint to judge one's time in the arena a tiny bit and ya.. not sure why this was even up for the OP's comment of discussion. Is it the "worst" pvp? Hardly? Is it super duper pvp? Hardly. Why does it matter is the real question, imho.
  • symstrelsymstrel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes, definitely the worst MMO PvP out there. Stun lock is ridiculous with no real stun breakers for some classes, its boring, most matches are insanely unbalanced with afkers or bots, auto cap on nodes and on top of it terrible competition, I thought SWTOR had bad pvp players but this game puts it to shame, I quess D&D junkies only like PvE
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's senseless to complain about PvP being terrible when there are players running around the lower level brackets with purple T1 gear before level 60. This game is so broken that if you participate in PvP you need to be aware that what you are really doing is providing free Q&A to Cryptic. To be honest, it's not even free. You're probably paying them to do their Q&A for them.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, I'd count PvP in this game as pretty good. Its not great, but that's mainly due to botting at the levels before 60 and various bugs/exploits. I expect that most of the problems (mainly trusting the client too much) will be ironed out shortly and that most of the "bad" items like the GWF being able to use a level 60 item at 38 will also be cleaned up *soon*. The actual combat system and base mechanics are quite good, though diminishing returns on mezzes _might_ be useful.

Now, what it really lacks to be a great arena game are rankings and ladders for dedicated teams. If they were able to add that it in it could easily be a great arena PvP game. Making a great open world PvP game is another thing entirely and not likely the way the game is structured.
  • titanv2titanv2 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's just a bad game bro. If u want quality look elsewhere. atleast for now till cryptic, and more importantly pwe, pulls a rabbit out of their ***
  • uniqueuseriduniqueuserid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Call me crazy but I really love the PvP, but it has it faults. It's great that it takes no time to enter PvP but there needs to be some kinda afk balance introduced and some kind of condition to end the match quicker when your losing by like 800points, something simple, like earning more points if you control all 3 points rather than the flat rate it is atm.
  • sbowlingsbowling Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You realize that all those attacks do no damage if you DODGE them, right? This isn't WOW, PVP in this game takes more skill. So far I've played several character and have had fun on all of them.
    it s AWFUL on every level. daliys 1 shotting, block, no dr on anything, rogue range dmg spam, dodge being semi worthless AWFUL sprite detection, bad LoS. really. its stunning. pong>nw pvp wise.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yup Champions Online PvP is far worse. in fact PvP ids pretty much dead in that game.
  • khitch25khitch25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    Not a very eloquent post but roughly states how I feel. Atm I am logging on daily for prayers only, hoping against hope that something gets fixxed, pvp gear comes and the bots leave
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well all you guys need to do to make this fun for you. Get full t2+ epic gear, 6 greater tenebrous enchantments, and greater or better plague fire enchantment or vorpol and just about any rank soulforge armor enchantment for your CW or Rogue then have a blasty blast destroying everyone with your OP gear and OP class! Nothing like being on a team with 3 versus 5 and getting 26 kills and 0 deaths. Lets strive for more threads like this!