What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Build Guide]: "INT Rogue" Perma-Stealth Build

Comments

• Options
    jose777twjose777tw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the new path that fix "Rogue PVP sets will no longer give slightly too much Max stealth meter in rare circumstances"

does it fixed perma stealth?
  • Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No. It won't change anything afaik.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    bigbadbieberbigbadbieber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    would Wood Elf be the best roll with +Dex and+Int
    or Does the Human +feats = the best
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    Currently working on "Perma-Stealth: The Movie" will definitely have a bunch of fights with all classes 1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 1v5. I'm actually running out of space on my hard drive/external hard drive so I have to make it in small clips then combined all the parts into one full movie.

Here is Perma-Stealth: The Movie (Part 0.5)
    Fight with a GF on second fight scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxiaQnEN53I

Nice video. Just wondering why the CW keep attacking the bait? Normally, I will just run past the bait.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nice video. Just wondering why the CW keep attacking the bait? Normally, I will just run past the bait.

You get full 150 pts for killing the bait.

Gotta grind that score for 1st place and 500k belt~! ;D
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • Options
    kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    You get full 150 pts for killing the bait.

Gotta grind that score for 1st place and 500k belt~! ;D

Haha, is this true? That is ridiculous, never noticed. What a fail.
  • Options
    harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kgrizzle22 wrote: »
    Haha, is this true? That is ridiculous, never noticed. What a fail.

Lol, same here, didn't noticed that. :o
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• Options
    remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    RIP perma-stealth.
  • Options
    lemollenlemollen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Perma-Stealth the Movie" kinda pointless now lol.
  • Options
    velsparwvelsparw Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, hope some hardworking TRs will get on the preview shard tonight and see what can be done to cope with these changes.
  • Options
    x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Patch Notes: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3
    terramak wrote: »
    Trickster Rogue
    • Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    • Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    • Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
    • Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    • Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.

Last Nerf Patch hit the Rogue Class pretty hard by nerfing SE and other things, many build creators around do what we can to make new viable builds and that's how the Perma-Stealth Build was thought of and created and now for this new Patch, it once again hits the Rogue Class even harder. I'll do what I can do fix the major nerf, making a new viable build.

The Perma-Stealth Build relies on At-Wills to do damage, the Cloud of Steal stacks have been reduced from 12 to 8, additionally At-Wills will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter, odds are you won't be able to remain permanently in stealth, unless you manage to pump up the Rogues Recharge Speed even more but there no point since doing so will gimp your damage.

If your using the "Old INT Rogue Perma-stealth build" (This one: http://mouse.enjin.com/). It's now useless, Lurker's Assault is more favorable toward builds that actually have Crit Chance to support the Crit Severity (What's the point of Crit Severity if you can't crit? It becomes useless).

I assume that Cryptic Dev's want rogues to be stale with no originality (Troll statement forgive me as I never do such things). But, I guess now the most viable build type that TR's should make one that is a heavy hitting glass cannon, however... a Rogue dealing that type damage seem OP so it'll probably get nerfed next -_-"
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    x3lade wrote: »
    Patch Notes: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?414511-Patch-Notes-NW-5-20130714b-3

Last Nerf Patch hit the Rogue Class pretty hard by nerfing SE and other things, many build creators around do what we can to make new viable builds and that's how the Perma-Stealth Build was thought of and created and now for this new Patch, it once again hits the Rogue Class even harder. I'll do what I can do fix the major nerf, making a new viable build.

The Perma-Stealth Build relies on At-Wills to do damage, the Cloud of Steal stacks have been reduced from 12 to 8, additionally At-Wills will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter, odds are you won't be able to remain permanently in stealth, unless you manage to pump up the Rogues Recharge Speed even more but there no point since doing so will gimp your damage.

If your using the "Old INT Rogue Perma-stealth build" (This one: http://mouse.enjin.com/). It's now useless, Lurker's Assault is more favorable toward builds that actually have Crit Chance to support the Crit Severity (What's the point of Crit Severity if you can't crit? It becomes useless).

I assume that Cryptic Dev's want rogues to be stale with no originality (Troll statement forgive me as I never do such things). But, I guess now the most viable build type that TR's should make one that is a heavy hitting glass cannon, however... a Rogue dealing that type damage seem OP so it'll probably get nerfed next -_-"

This is sooooooo Sweet. Man perma stealth ruined the game for long enough now this MMO has some potential maybe more people will start playing it. I think cryptic did a great job here and wants this game to succeed and getting rid of perma stealth was needed in order for that to happen.
  • Options
    xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    This is sooooooo Sweet. Man perma stealth ruined the game for long enough now this MMO has some potential maybe more people will start playing it. I think cryptic did a great job here and wants this game to succeed and getting rid of perma stealth was needed in order for that to happen.

Actually GF's will be the next to be nerfed, and then GWF's. The usual, MMO's and nerfs, it never changes. /zzzzz
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xpertzxxx wrote: »
    Actually GF's will be the next to be nerfed, and then GWF's. The usual, MMO's and nerfs, it never changes. /zzzzz

I think GF's should be buffed next. They could use a encounter immunity and some better def stats.
  • Options
    tope1159tope1159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013

Funny. If they did the same amount/severity of nerfs to your class, you'd be singing a totally different tune.
    And the fact that you're running around rogue forums just spamming every thread with the same celebratory nonsense is funny to me.

heh.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I think GF's should be buffed next. They could use a encounter immunity and some better def stats.
    Oh what a great idea. Why dont they go ahead and buff regen builds next, that will be a great idea.
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tope1159 wrote: »
    Funny. If they did the same amount/severity of nerfs to your class, you'd be singing a totally different tune.
    And the fact that you're running around rogue forums just spamming every thread with the same celebratory nonsense is funny to me.

heh.

Yea but my class isn't perma stealth so its not broke. If anything I could use a immunity buff or some defensive buffs. Apples to oranges really
  • Options
    jzlim5888jzlim5888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    R I P
    Trickster Rogue
    •Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    •Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    •Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
    •Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    •Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.
    luckily I managed to switch to CW 2 weeks ago knowing this is coming for perma stealth. managed to sell off 5 greater tene.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    jzlim5888 wrote: »
    R I P
    Trickster Rogue
    •Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    •Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    •Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.
    •Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 5 / 10 / 15% bonus Crit Severity, instead of 20 / 40 / 60% bonus damage.
    •Stealth: At-will powers used from stealth will now partially deplete the Stealth Meter.
    luckily I managed to switch to CW 2 weeks ago knowing this is coming for perma stealth. managed to sell off 5 greater tene.

Thanks I bought all your Greaters. Now My GWF will eat you alive and regenerate HP like never before. Woot!
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • Options
    j34nnnj34nnn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The worst thing isn't the rogues nerf, is the Dev's way of thinking, like every other MMO...
    They will keep nerfing every build and class, based on QQ, till the game gets totally screwed.
    The best thing to do is going for a fail class/build, and be the last one on the nerf list!
  • Options
    harplesharples Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    "Thanks I bought all your Greaters. Now My GWF will eat you alive and regenerate HP like never before. Woot! "

Ahahahaha :-DDDDD
  • Options
    korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IMO the best thing to do is delete our accounts and leave this game.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    j34nnn wrote: »
    The worst thing isn't the rogues nerf, is the Dev's way of thinking, like every other MMO...
    They will keep nerfing every build and class, based on QQ, till the game gets totally screwed.
    The best thing to do is going for a fail class/build, and be the last one on the nerf list!

Wasn't a nerf was a needed adjustment to fix something that was broke. When you understand that it makes a lot of sense really.
  • Options
    brunomaffebrunomaffe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok, if the devs were aiming at nerfing perma stealth, they have just removed/ changed either shadow strike/bait stealth refill. End of build. But no, they destroyed a daily along. Nerfed 2 at wills. Nerfed stealth. These people that cant play their classes well keep whining the whole day, thats what happens. At least give us rogues a free respect from scratch, including rerolling abilities, cause you cant fix a rogue full int specced.
  • Options
    j34nnnj34nnn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    brunomaffe wrote: »
    Ok, if the devs were aiming at nerfing perma stealth, they have just removed/ changed either shadow strike/bait stealth refill. End of build. But no, they destroyed a daily along. Nerfed 2 at wills. Nerfed stealth. These scrubs that cant play their classes keep whining the whole day, thats what happens. At least give us rogues a free respect from scratch, including rerolling abilities, cause you cant fix a rogue full int specced.

Yeah, i have 2 rogues lvl 60, a lot of time spend, lots of gear... Dev's just leave us with nothing, no viable build, no money for new gear, no motivation to create something, cause they will nerf every good build.
  • Options
    brunomaffebrunomaffe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What ppl dont realize is that rogues are reaaaaally squishy. If this nerf train / whining keeps going, next nerf will be on itc (which will be mandatory now to try to survive) and smoke bomb
  • Options
    wurzilwurzil Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    Actually not a troll but I mean rogues and gwf have a immunity and the only class that should have it I think is a GF. Things are starting to look good but some buff next would be nice.

Why anyone would cry for nerfs of any class is beyond me, why even play an MMO if you cannot better your play to counter a class you have problems with, part of the challenge in pvp is to better your playstyle to counter that which you struggle against. I guarantee within a week if these changes were to go through, you will be back crying again about something else as your are still being destroyed by good rogues who have adapted to the changes, and you can no longer exploit your rejuv pots.

You may also find that if these changes do make it to live approximately 20% of the player base leaves the game so well done to you mate , you must be so proud.

I personally will be very surprised if these changes actually go through as I don't think Cryptic have realised the full extent of these changes to the rogue class and I am not just talking about pvp here.

Devs you really need to think long and hard about these changes to the rogue class, I see no compensation for them, and without a good strong rogue class in your game you will lose players.

Having seen this approach to pander to whiners by the Devs , I doubt whether I will spent another penny on this game.
  • Options
    wurzilwurzil Member Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    Why does that not surprise me, I am tempted to re-roll a rogue on Dragon just to make his life hell , but depending on the final outcome of this nerf, I will probably move on from this game.

Apologies for the hijack of this very informative thread.
  • Options
    theblitzwing00theblitzwing00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IMO the best thing to do is delete our accounts and leave this game.

Yeah, I think when this update goes live and if the nerfs are as bad as it sounds....time to quit and let the whiners play in a ghost town by themselves. It wasn't like this build was invincible, it was still very squishy and easily countered with AOE attacks.

Regardless, I've been barely playing the game myself lately since the game's pretty boring and grindy at the end level....Gauntlygrim is a joke. Probably better to let this game die off and go play all the goodies I picked up on the Steam Summer Sale.