What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GF Block is BROKEN as of most recent patch

Comments

• Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the whole mechanic needs to be scrapped and made into a buff on a timer (basically an encounter power).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nibby75nibby75 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Well if you guys really feel as though there is something beyond what I posted then we can look into it some. However I made the statement without researching further since there has not been any changes to the shift powers at all as far as I am aware. We have been saving those for the major content patch unless it was critical.

Also, I considered not posting to this thread at all with all the backlash I got. This will certainly be my last.

It is impossible to make the shift powers instant, without any sort of cooldowns, client side predict AND still not have any rubberbanding effects when the client is lagged whilst ignoring lag and not be exploitable. Some things must give to feel responsive in more cases and still live in the world where lag and exploits could exist.

So people don't experience a problem with blocking until the game was patched at which you point you make a post and essentially blowing smoke up there asses. People get offended by the comment and voice their unhappiness with your comment. So now you don't want to make any other posts in this topic because they hurt your feelings. Brilliant!!
  • Options
    lanhelinlanhelin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really liked playing the GF in PvE (only solo leveling) but since two days he stays untouched at Level 40 where I logged out on Saturday, because this should be a MMO and not a game of chance. Fortunately I gave DDO a try. I'll play this a while instead of NWO until the situation here gets better.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lanhelin wrote: »
    I really liked playing the GF in PvE (only solo leveling) but since two days he stays untouched at Level 40 where I logged out on Saturday, because this should be a MMO and not a game of chance. Fortunately I gave DDO a try. I'll play this a while instead of NWO until the situation here gets better.

It's a nice game, enjoy it! I've always stopped playing somewhere around level 13, at which point everything that you can solo is pretty trivial xp wise - and you need groups for everything, which just isn't my thing (and standing there for ridiculous amounts of time spamming chat looking for a group even less).
    Though I'm sure if you find a good guild that'll be less of a problem.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bump, fix this.
  • Options
    kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The said they know about the bug and they are fixing it on Twitter. So, relax guys. It will be fixed. :P
  • Options
    comaetilicocomaetilico Member Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    The said they know about the bug and they are fixing it on Twitter. So, relax guys. It will be fixed. :P

they knew about lots of class bugs... but I've yet to see any one of them get a fix -_-'
  • Options
    oldbuggaoldbugga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you think this is bad you should see GW2. I had a necromancer (yeah pity me) and major bugs from release of the full game over 8 months ago are still unaddressed. Today was supposed to be their big bug fix patch day...the necro got about half a dozen tooltip fixes (really) and one change which was stuffed up. Uninstalled the game this morning. The issue there (and not here) is that the devs were continually "stretching the truth" to put it mildly and really have no idea.
    The older I get....the better I was
  • Options
    regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    You'd think that would be something worth posting here, no? They have a community manager. Whatever.
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • Options
    dahkohtlewdahkohtlew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Impossible , Panderus has already said

Nothing has changed ,

L2P ,

Something had to give ,

In this very thread , which he got his wittle feelings hurt in and is not coming back to.

There's no way he would post that without actually confirming first is there ? ;)
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all! Just want to chime in and let you know that we're investigating these reports. Thanks so much for letting us know! :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all! Just want to chime in and let you know that we're investigating these reports. Thanks so much for letting us know! :)

Thank you for the response and for looking into this.
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    goodoloakgoodoloak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    panderus wrote: »
    Well if you guys really feel as though there is something beyond what I posted then we can look into it some. However I made the statement without researching further since there has not been any changes to the shift powers at all as far as I am aware. We have been saving those for the major content patch unless it was critical.

Also, I considered not posting to this thread at all with all the backlash I got. This will certainly be my last.

It is impossible to make the shift powers instant, without any sort of cooldowns, client side predict AND still not have any rubberbanding effects when the client is lagged whilst ignoring lag and not be exploitable. Some things must give to feel responsive in more cases and still live in the world where lag and exploits could exist.

Wow. Just wow. You believe this to be an acceptable way to speak to your customers about something that is clearly (very clearly) broken? I'm honestly shocked by your childish reaction. This class already has the worst core issues of all the other classes and you are surprised, even offended, when another major thing breaks? And you dont even investigate it before loosing your cool?

I've been holding off buying any more zen because of the GF issues to see if they get fixed. Because of your poor attitude I will be holding off indefinitely because your just lost this customer. I'll go wait for TESO.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zurkhon wrote: »
    Thank you for the response and for looking into this.

Now we're thanking them for investigating reports that they patched the game in a major way without realizing it and swear they haven't. Neat.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    goodoloak wrote: »
    I've been holding off buying any more zen because of the GF issues to see if they get fixed. Because of your poor attitude I will be holding off indefinitely because your just lost this customer. I'll go wait for TESO.

Have fun! Hope you bring the same positive attitude to the TESO forums.
  • Options
    goodoloakgoodoloak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Have fun! Hope you bring the same positive attitude to the TESO forums.

My positive attitude has been exhausted. I HAD a positive attitude for the last few weeks. I've been giving PW the benefit of he doubt all this time. Don't mistake my ultimate frustration for always having had a poor attitude. I've been excited about this game for a long time. I'm a founder too. At some point the well of good faith dries up though. My well is empty and it is the poor attitude of this employee that sucked up the last bucket.

Everyone has a good faith well. Some people's are deeper some are more shallow. But no one's is bottomless. If PW has reached the bottom of my well then I guarantee there are many many more who have already been depleted and moved on but just dont care enough to post about it.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Archon shield - More AC than intended - Fixed
    Armor Specialization - Less AC than intended - not fixed
    Valiant Warrior set - Unlimited stackability - Fixed
    Knight's Valor - Occasional Permanent cooldown - not fixed
    Next itemization bug - make us stronger than intended - eventually fixed
    Guard - read this thread - *insert prediction here*

=)
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The block is not broken. The issue is the internal cooldown & activation time of block. Also server/client latency is causing block to be up on your client but not up on server side. So you are being hit even with block up. This can be resolved by reducing the activation time.

I've made a post requesting they reduce the cooldown & activation time to assist with the latency issue and if you support the resolution then post please your support.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think they should just change the whole approach to our block. Unlike other "shift" abilities, we have to hold this one down, we have to press and release shift often, considering the way we fight.
    Heck, they may as well make it a toggle now, because in its current state it's pretty bad. Half of the time I'm being hit with my guard "up" in epic dungeons and it's not nice at all.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    goodoloak wrote: »
    My positive attitude has been exhausted. I HAD a positive attitude for the last few weeks. I've been giving PW the benefit of he doubt all this time. Don't mistake my ultimate frustration for always having had a poor attitude. I've been excited about this game for a long time. I'm a founder too. At some point the well of good faith dries up though. My well is empty and it is the poor attitude of this employee that sucked up the last bucket.

Everyone has a good faith well. Some people's are deeper some are more shallow. But no one's is bottomless. If PW has reached the bottom of my well then I guarantee there are many many more who have already been depleted and moved on but just dont care enough to post about it.

I can respect that. At least you have a well thought out rational response rather than running around like your hair is on fire screaming for a wipe, posting stupid pictures with every response instead of engaging in meaningful dialogue, and asking the founders to "revolt" like some people.

My main character is a Guardian Fighter and as I mentioned in this thread earlier something is definitely up with block so I agree it needs looking at and the dev response was rather lacking but instead of people responding in a civil matter stating "I disagree with that and here is why" most chose to attack him which solves nothing.

GFs also have other issues such as getting and holding aggro. I'm hopeful those will be addressed. That hasn't diminished my overall enjoyment of the game at this point.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they reduce the cooldown & activation time blocking will become very smooth like Lancers in TERA. Since this is an action MMO tanking has to be fluid with combat and faster activation then skills. It needs to be a close to instant as possible vs. a .5 second delay.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's harder to use and it shouldn't be that way. You can't always anticipate what is happening especially in PvP and Blocking does not work on reaction. The delay on it is way too great.
    I play GF myself and know that this is such a terrible issue for GF.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been having this issue as well. Noticed it on day one (after the patch that is) in PVP in particular. I really have to say it has changed the game for me. No longer can I rely on block but seriously cross my fingers when trying to react to a daily, or a rogues daze... I used to feel like blocking was a skill I could use and rely on and it took skill to watch out for and time things correctly, now, I have to preemptively think I might need to block in about 2 seconds and then block ahead of time. There have been countless times in PVP where I press block and then try to walk backwards to only then see my character RUN backwards. I immediately release shift, press it again, and THEN it blocks, but guess what... I have 30% less HP now from damage that I could have blocked...

I have also noticed this effect with threatening rush skill in PVP. I literally have to hold it down and it seems my character moves only a few feet forward, pauses, moves forward, pauses, and repeats about 4 times until i then catch up to a moving target and hit them. I never noticed it before the patch that moved it to server side and I am guessing it is trying to check everything through the server and because of the limited range on the skill, it tell me it is in range, but then once it checks the server, it tells me that it isnt in range and thus stops the action mi lunge. It is REALLY annoying to the point I hardly even use the skill now...

It would be great to get this resolved and push it back client side... IT seemed to work more then the rubberbanding that is currently happening and the shotty mechanics behind block. Block is what sets GFs apart, and if it is broken and not reliable.. Might as well give us a 2h sword and add a "W" in our name... cause thats all we are...
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    @elessym:

Sorry but I don't think it would be pertinent for me to quote all that, would be far too messy, but I do appreciate a darn finely formatted post. So let me be the fist to say thanks for that, it was actually decent enough to read and in some ways I do agree, I feel you've kind of misrepresented me slightly. I'm not going to defend Panderus, he's a big boy and he is responsible for using decision making skills for himself and even defending himself if he so chose. So my stance will always be coming from my personal perspective on the matter, but I DO try and remain un-biased and not too opinionated, sorry if it seems otherwise at times. So when I first read his post that response of mine "This.Is.Insulting" came from the fact I both could see his post was going to go down like a lead balloon, and my disbelief that this is how someone would approach a room full of already hard pressed customers who've all been putting up with some pretty darn large bugs and exploits already.

I don't agree with the very aggressive responses. Not one iota. I told folks in a way which was based on my interpetation of their perspective (highly cynical) in the hopes that folks would realize even IF they were right about the developer(s) at hand , they were going to just vindicate a lack of developer feedback on the issue and frame their arguments very badly in the process, I do not personally agree that they're as horrid as folks claim, I'm sure they're lovely people in real life with their own sets of values and flaws.

The issues in this thread, are basically a culmination of a lot of issues the GF has had, both advantageous and otherwise, which has really left the GF class with the title "bug magnet class" and honestly, the mistakes on their part are REALLY simple mistakes to make, but not exactly simple to fix. If you were constantly watching your main class get the brown smelly end of the stick, the last thing you're going to want to hear at all is the dreaded "working as intended" line, and that's kind of what Panderus delivered.

It's a shame he felt so insulted and of course as a human being I fully apologize and would do so to the man personally if required, there's no need to be ignorant to his feelings. But at the same time I don't think it's beyond acceptable for me to also state that he really shouldn't have expected any less than the backlash and it was "pretty tame" compared to other backlashes in other MMOG forums.
  • Options
    namarusnamarus Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if they would take that long to fix other classes if they were unable to attack reliably.
  • Options
    vidfinnxvidfinnx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 98
    edited May 2013
    namarus wrote: »
    I wonder if they would take that long to fix other classes if they were unable to attack reliably.

if it effected the rogue or wiz population probably not lol
    Mindflayer Server
    Worst GF NA
  • Options
    gerold319gerold319 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been experiencing this issue over the past two evenings as well, precisely as OP detailed it. I thought it was my old, battered keyboard so I rebound block to Mouse 4 but same result. I'm almost certain this is a recent development, since I remember block being pretty sharp and responsive from 1 to 60 and during the past week through endgame stuff. Being unable to rely on block is a complete game changer and it's been tricky adjusting. I wonder if it's a lag issue; I wouldn't know but the server has been sort of laggy this evening.

I also second an earlier post in this thread that asked for making block a queued ability, so to speak, rather than having to press it after recovering from a stun/kd. Shield should just pop back up as soon as the Guardian recovers if the block key is held down, so long as guard meter isn't empty.
  • Options
    kirayyakirayya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Block is always broken...
  • Options
    meitranmeitran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Fix requested /bump
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    meitran wrote: »
    Fix requested /bump

Admission of a problem requested more like it.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.