test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWFs READ THIS: The Savage Interrupt & How It Can Change Your Game

trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I been holding this close to my chest for awhile enjoying it and abusing it endlessly. I've alluded to it a few times over the last couple weeks but never divulged. So here you go. Enjoy.

The Savage Interrupt

I will laugh hysterically if this get's nerfed before the plethora of problems other classes are bringing to the table that plague this game. Enjoy it while you can. We may hit like wet noodles in PvP but have fun endlessly knocking those friggin DCs and CWs around the map. This also makes PvE a joke.

Apparently this isn't an exploit since you can animation interrupt pretty much every ability in the game. This just happens to be one of the better animation interrupts out there.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

You can tip me with AD as a sign of appreciation. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by trickshaw on

Comments

• Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Congrats, you win the Internets.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    kwazikwazi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can also use this to, obviously, push single mobs off of things. It's pretty good seeing has the only thing limiting it is your stamina and with battle fury you can push a good number of mobs off edges.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kwazi wrote: »
    You can also use this to, obviously, push single mobs off of things. It's pretty good seeing has the only thing limiting it is your stamina and with battle fury you can push a good number of mobs off edges.

You don't actually have to expend any stamina doing this. Or if you do expend stamina it's so small an amount that you don't see your stamina bar move. The only time you expend stamina is if you follow through with the interrupt like I did in the video. I do that just so I can be where they land and start wailing on 'em immediately as they hit the ground.

But if all you're interested in is a quick KB, no stamina need be used. It's tricky doing that but I've gotten good enough that sometimes I pull melee's and stand in one spot and just chain KB them to death for lulz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    incarealincareal Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    You don't actually have to expend any stamina doing this. Or if you do expend stamina it's so small an amount that you don't see your stamina bar move. The only time you expend stamina is if you follow through with the interrupt like I did in the video. I do that just so I can be where they land and start wailing on 'em immediately as they hit the ground.

But if all you're interested in is a quick KB, no stamina need be used. It's tricky doing that but I've gotten good enough that sometimes I pull melee's and stand in one spot and just chain KB them to death for lulz.

u can modify your stamina, since its client sided :)
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Apparently this isn't an exploit since you can animation interrupt pretty much every ability in the game. This just happens to be one of the better animation interrupts out there.

You cannot honestly believe this is not an exploit. Do you think anyone is intended to be able to use their Daily and not use up the AP? This has an obvious answer - no. Therefore = bug. Knowingly using a bug is exploiting, period.

I can assure you no GF skills can be interrupted WHILE still applying the affects of the skill.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Havent reached this power yet as Im only lvl 18 but lets see if I understood correctly. You activate a daily that has an immediate kb effect but before its fully activated you interrupt its animation by sprinting thus somehow saving your APs. Ingenious, wonder if Cryptic meant this when they said the GWF is performing just fine....
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We CWs now
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    I already reported this bug weeks ago. I don't care if ppl use it in PvE but anyone who uses it in PvP will be reported same as with the slam+crescendo combo.
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why would I do that when I can cast slam and crescendo at the same time instead.
  • Options
    sacredchaossacredchaos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    proqludum wrote: »
    I already reported this bug weeks ago. I don't care if ppl use it in PvE but anyone who uses it in PvP will be reported same as with the slam+crescendo combo.

You bug reported it? great news!, we might get a fix sometime in the next 6 months then.
    GWF lvl 60.
    Completed all content waiting for more.
    And class balances.... trololollol.
  • Options
    th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You bug reported it? great news!, we might get a fix sometime in the next 6 months then.
    Or a much greater nerf lmao!
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The specific behavior of cancelling the animation is buggy and exploity, but I don't see how the application of it is noteworthy. You can already do stuff like this as a GF, totally "legit". Frontline Surge and Bull Rush can both throw people, and Griffon Strike is an interrupt. Heck, add Terrifying Impact in there for another knock down since GF builds action points like a boss and can use daily powers like encounters. Anything that can be thrown or interrupted will basically never get an ability off, if you build a GF for that purpose.

"Glad to see GWF's find something cool", is my reaction.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    You cannot honestly believe this is not an exploit.

If you check my posting history you'll see I believe ALL animation canceling is an Exploit. I even allude to Savage Interupting and how no one is able to 1v1 me in PvP. How I'm able to defend a point against an entire team pretty easily for a ridiculous sum of time. People just laughed at me saying canceling is just part of the game.

One CW made mention of how he can fire off 2 encounters and have them land simultaneously which creates an effect not intended by a solo CW.

Finally after testing GF and Cleric... you don't even want to know what they can do. It's absurd. Which is what prompted me to finally reveal this to the forums. Knowing what I know those two classes can do with animation canceling... I simply don't feel guilty about sharing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I can see why they put in combo canceling but their implementation was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor. Unstoppable is a glitch-fest for GWF, so at least this is useful.

This is probably one of the least screwed up things you can do with combo canceling, so it should be really entertaining if they just fix this one instance of it or if they actually go in and fix their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see why they put in combo canceling but their implementation was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> poor. Unstoppable is a glitch-fest for GWF, so at least this is useful.

This is probably one of the least screwed up things you can do with combo canceling, so it should be really entertaining if they just fix this one instance of it or if they actually go in and fix their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> game.

^ Basically this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited May 2013
    Almost makes me want to respec and get his move back.......... almost.
  • Options
    serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    This is pretty cool. Now I don't have to switch to my cw to feel useful in T2's.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you get a perpetual -25% cooldowns if you feat into the destroyer tree
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bananachef wrote: »

No. Nor do you get perpetual damage immunity from that passive (can't remember name).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bananachef wrote: »

It does a paltry amount of damage, but all the effects would seem to apply when the AP are actually consumed. With SA, that's when you hit them with your leap attack.

Cancelling this is funny for single player stuff, but it's virtually useless in dungeons.

Slam is quite literally the only Daily GWF gets that doesn't suck. Crescendo isn't terrible, but it isn't as good as slam. SA is worthless otherwise. I'll take the higher damage from Crescendo over Savage Advance, even with the Destroyer cooldown feat. (Keep in mind, that feat add's 25% power to you while Slam is active. The part of that feat that buffs Savage Advance is Cryptic trolling you.)

Is it bad that our AoE Daily outpaces our single-target dailies even at single-target damage?

Yes, yes it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It does a paltry amount of damage...

The damage isn't bad. At level 40 I think I was getting in the neighborhood of 1500 non-crit dmg. We're talking about the damage of the actual KB, right? Not the follow up?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ****, I might go back to GWF now... lol. I was wondering how the fk I kept getting infinitely knocked down earlier by that GWF on my TR. ROFL.
  • Options
    linkensphere1linkensphere1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lmao i use this alot in PVP and pwn many ppl when 1v1 them even 1v2 some time,my savage advance was bound to button 1 so the combo that i always do is : 1 > shift+W then WMS then 1>shift +W then Indomiation strike then 1>shift+W then flourish then 1 +shift +W then take down then sure strike or WMS After taking this combo, any 1 should be death except some GF , u can keep repeating it or just give them a Cresendo :) GG WP u are unbeatable in 1v1. In some case i saw some ppl cry abt got 1 shot by TR, srsly i never get 1 shot , the highest dps burst to my *** is only 3/4 my hp, then i can unstopable combo them to death.

In a team fight, heres what u do, use savage advance to cc any striker who threaten to ur cleric or just savage advance the enemy cleric out side their shield Aoe then turn unstopable beat them to death. Be4 my win rate in pvp use to be 50% but now its like 80%.

p/s my GS sux ball, it only 9k5 , full pvp gear with 25k hp and 1800 defense, 600 deflect ,3k8 power and 1k8 crit. Armor pen 600 and recovery 400. Most of the pvp game , my enemy have at least 1 or 2 ppl have enchantment in their weapon and armor slot :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The damage isn't bad. At level 40 I think I was getting in the neighborhood of 1500 non-crit dmg. We're talking about the damage of the actual KB, right? Not the follow up?

It's comparable to any of your other at-will's but isn't as fast casting considering you need to constantly interupt and drain stamina. So you're looking at a DPS loss either which way for dungeon fights. The damage is heavily end-stacked with that ability, so it's not that huge.

Don't get me wrong it's hilarious and makes all the single player content a joke but dungeon bosses ain't interruptable like this =P

The big issue is that it's stupid OP in PvP, but I get the feeling you'll get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reported rather quickly for abusing it in such a way. (Not that there aren't other equally OP options for the other classes to exploit, of course.)
  • Options
    gbf360gbf360 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have tested this in foundry and it works 100% of the time. Now that its been made public it really needs a hotfix before it becomes rampant in PVP. I have never witnessed this in PVP before today but im sure it will happen now. Tried to report it myself but cant connect to the server.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's comparable to any of your other at-will's but isn't as fast casting considering you need to constantly interupt and drain stamina. So you're looking at a DPS loss either which way for dungeon fights. The damage is heavily end-stacked with that ability, so it's not that huge.

Don't get me wrong it's hilarious and makes all the single player content a joke but dungeon bosses ain't interruptable like this =P

The big issue is that it's stupid OP in PvP, but I get the feeling you'll get your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reported rather quickly for abusing it in such a way. (Not that there aren't other equally OP options for the other classes to exploit, of course.)

Just to be clear I never said this should be used for bosses. I use it to clear big trash off cliffs or, as you stated, in PvP. As for DPS loss, I most certainly don't expect people to use Savage Interrupt for their rotations lol. I hope that was clear but if not I'm making it clear now.

As a side note, I knocked a pair of DCs off the map last night. I thought that was pretty hilarious. Individually of course. Not simultaneously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I didn't really think you were intending people to use it in their rotations or anything, just saying that for PvE dungeon running it's not a super useful glitch. You certainly can knock some minibosses off the ledge with it, but eh the CW does it easier and faster without the risk of accidentally hurtling off the edge of the cliff to stab them on their way down. ^_-