test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cleric Shield - Blue Circle - Nerfed after last night patch

dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Anyone else notice that "blue circle" is not working as effectively after last nights patch?

Please do some testing and post your findings. So far our group has noticed that it might have been nerfed or is bugged and lost some of it's luster.
Post edited by dkcandy on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty much same to me.
  • Options
    egothhaegothha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i "feel" a loss of maybe 40-50% on defense and heal- can anyone else confirm this?
  • Options
    sindofinsindofin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There seem to be certain mobs which can dispel the circle from the ground (lol). E.g. Driders and Idris. Maybe this is what you are seeing? I hope this is a bug and will be fixed.
  • Options
    wormgaswormgas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    sindofin wrote: »
    There seem to be certain mobs which can dispel the circle from the ground (lol). E.g. Driders and Idris. Maybe this is what you are seeing? I hope this is a bug and will be fixed.

I just killed Idris and can confirm this.
    That's a fact!
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, there were some ninja changes, I'm pretty sure. AS is dispelled from time to time. Also, is it just me or does it seem like I generate a bit less threat now?
  • Options
    suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Duno about changes but there's a few mobs that can remove the spell yeah. The Idris purple spheres and there are drow spiders in the temple of spider that can also do it. Everywhere else, the spell seems intact. I was able to use the shield fine as a solo cleric on last boss of Temple of Spider.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They always could do that.. and seriously don't change it, it's good with some kind of challenge.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Im not talking about the dispel - that has been in the game for some mobs since its been released.

Yesterday my shieldticks from divined atral shield healed for about 600. Now i can only see 350 ish healticks.

And our guardian definitly seems to hold agro vs my heals - which was totally impossible till today .
  • Options
    highropeshighropes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103
    edited May 2013
    egothha wrote: »
    Im not talking about the dispel - that has been in the game for some mobs since its been released.

Yesterday my shieldticks from divined atral shield healed for about 600. Now i can only see 350 ish healticks.

And our guardian definitly seems to hold agro vs my heals - which was totally impossible till today .

I'm absolutely possitive there was some ninja nerf to healing, or at least threat generation.. For me, it's now way more comfortable to play. Only I don't get why would they not tell us exactly, what was fixed..
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    53935305.jpg
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Only a handful of people noticing this?
  • Options
    doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran epic pirate last night after the patch, multiple times with many different pug groups.
    I also ran the daily regular version, no change noticed.

Absolutely no change to the effectiveness of Astral Shield
  • Options
    almassokkalmassokk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i am feeling the same. The healing part is nerfed i know because i check it regularly, it used to be 540 for me every tick, but today it ticking with 400 only. Thats like a 20%~ nerf.
    Also the damage reduction part i am not sure was it changed, but i definitively feel much weaker in it.
    I dont say the astral shield nerf was not needed, but at least they should put in the patch notes..
  • Options
    fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    almassokk wrote: »
    i am feeling the same. The healing part is nerfed i know because i check it regularly, it used to be 540 for me every tick, but today it ticking with 400 only. Thats like a 20%~ nerf.
    Also the damage reduction part i am not sure was it changed, but i definitively feel much weaker in it.
    I dont say the astral shield nerf was not needed, but at least they should put in the patch notes..

Did you switch out healer's lore and forget to put it back?
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If only some people are seeing it not all and there is a differing amount of change being noticed even by those who do it sounds more like a bug, either to AS or an associated skill....or that its all in people's minds :p
  • Options
    yargnityargnit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It wasn't nerfed. I checked my parser both Sunday night and tonight, no change to Astral at all.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Question: I just thought about this and maybe the players you are running with have reduced their overall "power". Try this with your group of friends:

Have them strip all gear and stand in circle and see how much healing they are getting. Then put on all of their gear and see if it increases. If it increases then a players personal "Power" is affecting the amount of heal they are receiving.
  • Options
    suparstarxsuparstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Placebo effect. Lock this thread up before people panic!
  • Options
    tarsvettarsvet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the dispelling of AS , noticed it a lot in PvP , Which class/skill is the main culprit?
  • Options
    sauciflard1sauciflard1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue I think, but I wish no one knows xD Maybe wiz.
    Mine got dispelled and there we no guardian, so I'm sure it's not GF.
  • Options
    sojsfjapdssojsfjapds Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is somewhat unrelated from the op but has anybody else noticed the hallowed ground marking/indicator missing? I can't see the AoE effect any more which can make battles rather annoying.
  • Options
    sylverinnesylverinne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9
    edited May 2013
    tarsvet wrote: »
    On the dispelling of AS , noticed it a lot in PvP , Which class/skill is the main culprit?

I think CW's are the culprits. And MAYBE GWF (not really sure on that one).

I'm positive that CW's can remove it somehow though.
  • Options
    blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    sylverinne wrote: »
    I think CW's are the culprits. And MAYBE GWF (not really sure on that one).

I'm positive that CW's can remove it somehow though.

Yes, it's the CW class with their giant red meteor skill. Best thing you can do when that meteor comes out is to run out of your astral shield and try to body-block it by standing in front of your shield and just letting it hit you. I've told all my CW friends about this and at first they laughed saying how bad the meteor is, but using it is really the only way to beat good double cleric teams in PvP. Once the shields are gone the clerics die instantly. As if CW don't hard-counter clerics enough as it is, right?
  • Options
    devladevla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ran epic Idris last night and was wondering why my circle was disappearing instantly every time. A couple puggers in the group blamed me for not casting it often enough and there was much crying. "why isn't circle always down, you don't know how to play, etc etc". Sigh.