test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wizards want staves... not orbs and cats

saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Everyone got nice weapons and you give the wizards a stupid dirtball.
WE WANT STAVES!!!
If a Wizard focus on DPS he should have a staff imo

Also the cat is best companion for a wizard??? no we are not witches.

please reply to this post to show your support on these issues. Big numbers might make a difference.
Post edited by saltybhalls on

Comments

• Options
    ehraehra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the orb, so no thanks. Don't have an opinion on the cat.
  • Options
    digressiodigressio Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm with you on this one, I was like "wtf" when I saw those ball thingies for the first time.. are they like part of the 4th edition D&D rule set or something? Cause I never in my life saw a weapon like that in the D&D universe.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In 4e there are 3 Wizard Builds.

Control Wizard: Using an Orb of Imposition you create strong control effects.
    Defense Wizard: With a Staff of Defense you ward off attacks while controlling the field of battle.
    War Wizard: With a Wand in hand you lay waste to your foes.

Later they added Illusionists and Summoners in the Arcane Power book, but I don't feel like digging into those to get you the other implements.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    darkylorddarkylord Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19
    edited May 2013
    The idea of an orb as a mage's weapon is not something new, I have seen this in many other games actually.
    But still, a staff is a must for a mage and it may be just me but those orbs are just too simple on design to look like something you would expect for a weapon in a game.
    About the cat, it isn't just for mage since cats are probably a very good choice for most of the classes as far as I know.

Of course you realise that right now the weapon is not going to change and there may be staffs in a class that will come later on ( probably warlocks ) which is probably why they used an alternative weapon for mages.

Still they could obviously do a lot better in the appearence of those orbs and remove the feeling you are running with a plain ball of rock next to your head. I know it changes a bit at later levels but I still feel they could do better.
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know I have this crazy idea, why not give us an OPTION? I mean what if we could get get orbs or wands or staves and use what we want to make our character a bit more individualized!? I know call me nuts but one thing I HATE right now in this game is everyone looks the same. Oh you can buy some color changes but that is all.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the same reason Guardian Fighters can't use Greatswords.

It's a different class build.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    visinjivisinji Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The option to use a staff or wand would be nice. As far as companions go, a nasty little imp would be awesome.
  • Options
    sarria221sarria221 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah orbs are a 4e thing. Pretty sure they are hand held devices (crystal balls basically) instead of weird floaty pet things in pen and paper though.
  • Options
    foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your a control wizard though, not a wizard.

And in 4th edition, they use orbs, as it has already been stated.

Every class unfortunately is limited to its standard weapon in this game, probably so they can introduce one weapon one class mechanics and for ease of introducing new weapons.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • Options
    zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Oh right, let's make the game even less D&D. You sir, are a ****ing genius.

You do know in pen and appear DnD the players often have a great deal of individuality right? I mean you are showing an obvious lack of knowledge on the subject and your resorting to name calling is a childish deflection
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • Options
    saltybhallssaltybhalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess everything will be better with time. I do realyze that everyone looks the same because its a new game and things like that cost money to develope.
    But I really dislike the orb and actually control wizard can put out good damage.
    It would be nice if the weapon indicated if I had my power focus on recovery or power/crit

And make some alternative for the cat.
    Imp, drake or a wisp.... WHO Brings their cat to a dungeon? It is just wrong. I hate cats btw
  • Options
    l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want a gelatinous cube!
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or a choice all all three? or all at once? a floating cat with a stick shoved up it's bum :D
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can get a floating stone if you doin't like cats. It's virtually the same.

I want a staff too, for my cleric, or a mace+shield to block those hundreds of thousands of adds that find my armor+skirt so attractive.
    I blame myself for being so sexy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    Or a choice all all three? or all at once? a floating cat with a stick shoved up it's bum :D

yeah a burning cat on the staff. That could Work. :cool:
    I have been considering the ioun stone.... does it give crit and recovery too? I cant find anyone answering that question
  • Options
    ryreryre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    In 4e there are 3 Wizard Builds.

Control Wizard: Using an Orb of Imposition you create strong control effects.
    Defense Wizard: With a Staff of Defense you ward off attacks while controlling the field of battle.
    War Wizard: With a Wand in hand you lay waste to your foes.

Later they added Illusionists and Summoners in the Arcane Power book, but I don't feel like digging into those to get you the other implements.

-Rachel-

Oh... now I see why the classes suck in this game and everybody only has one stupid weapon type to choose from.

D&D 4e isn't even D&D in my book. You can't make a game, call it a D&D game, and then base it on an edition no one plays.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    It would be pretty cool if you could make your offhand a staff or a wand.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.

back into the grave with you.
This discussion has been closed.