test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    theodraxtheodrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    It's more like buying a car, finding the brakes don't work properly when going over 70MpH and instead of taking it back to whoever you brought it from, you go racing and crash at 80MpH and attempt to sue the manufacturer.

You knew that the brakes didn't work properly when going over 70MpH and rather than contacting the store or the manufacturer you went and purposely put yourself into a situation where the brakes would fail.

The manufacturer is to blame for the faulty brakes, but you're hardly blameless for the crash as you knew the brakes were faulty.

as i said some idiot will always find the defect but it still comes down to manufacturers defect.
  • Options
    savuxsavatuxsavuxsavatux Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried to read majority of posts here and i failed ofcourse. Frankly i am not that much irritated with all this AD thing because items cant give u skill, and while i do more dmgdone with 8900 GS then ppl with 11 k GS i have no complaints, especially because i didnt buy any item on AH till now.
    However there is simple sollution for all this problems with ingame economy. All they need to do is to made all items which are bought from vendors for AD BoP (bind on pickup). If u buy something for AD u buy it for urself and not for resellin. Also they should make all best endgame item drops BoP. Building game economy on equpment and not on farming resourcies is just naive. We seen that in Diablo 3 allready.
  • Options
    merkx71merkx71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does it really take over 10 hours just to come up with a plan and post what it is?
  • Options
    nightmedic64nightmedic64 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    266 pages of nothing, following hours of keep waiting, we might just tell you something :( keep checking every hour or so hoping they got this fixed.
  • Options
    cursewordscursewords Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Must... stay up... to know the plan...
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

The Astral Diamond Exchange and the Auction House have been temporarily taken offline to resolve a high priority bug.

At this time we are still investigating the details regarding the issue and will post more information as the situation progresses.

As the issue involves in-game currency, we understand that there may be questions regarding the follow up actions needed to ensure that the economy remains fair and balanced. At this time we are still in the process of collecting the data, but plan to share details regarding follow up actions once the investigation concludes. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we continually smooth out issues during open beta.

Sincerely,

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.

Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!

Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!

Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours.

Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.

Update 6 PM Pacific: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.

Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.

Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.

How does it take over an hour for a POST about a plan to be verified? Its not like you are actually acting out the plan yet... I mean its not a frickin' novel... at most its a few paragraphs. How long can it take to read and confirm it?
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    medunittwo wrote: »
    This thread needs more pickles!

Pickle.jpg
  • Options
    cho83cho83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Yes it has, and if you don't like it we will come bomb you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M .....I cry every time I see this ;D
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    wulfmaul wrote: »
    Kid's on forums = KNOW EVERYTHING.

Seriously, with the amount of knowledge these kids have by going to OTHER sites and finding out all this truth on the internet I should just start asking you kids the REALLY tough questions.

So what is the meaning of life?
    Can you link me the page?

*Smh*

Ummm I'm 52. Sorry to burst your stereotypical bubble.
  • Options
    suddled420suddled420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they solve this issue soon, thanks for the updates so far.
  • Options
    greydekgreydek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beta, and....I like turtles too!

That is all.
  • Options
    baraiderbaraider Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    medunittwo wrote: »
    This thread needs more pickles!

or cookies and milk!
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Seriously the 80's WTF were people thinking.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

What are you talking about that video was awesome.
  • Options
    chickenmoop13chickenmoop13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *edit doble post... but somehow 3 pages apart. go forum*
  • Options
    zarvuszarvus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm addicted to reloading this thread now.
  • Options
    mojoman33mojoman33 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    merkx71 wrote: »
    Does it really take over 10 hours just to come up with a plan and post what it is?

Corporate ladder has many rungs my friend.
  • Options
    dukearseburndukearseburn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want my ****ing taco
  • Options
    kazanlikkazanlik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still dont get it. Still sounds as if you are indeed slamming americans.

Let's clarify further. One quick google later:

http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/UniqueDragon :)
  • Options
    baraiderbaraider Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pickle.jpg

@_@

this makes me uncomfortable...
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    all are bases are belong to us!
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    dill-pickle.jpg
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    yeah that guys doesn't not have an easy job right now

no he doesn't I don't envy him one bit watching the twitter posts and someone actually told him to get off twitter and do his job....ummmm hello he is doing his job. he is doing a good job trying to keep this thread updated answering twitter and keeping facebook updated. Twitter is the faster update measure though which is y it is mostly there.

do I wish he could give us more sure but like he said if he gives an ETA or gives any of the details before they want him to and something changes it will only cause more issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At this point I am just staying up so I will know how pissed off I should be tomorrow.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    medunittwomedunittwo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pickle.jpg

OMG! I think I love you!
  • Options
    lutungolutungo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reclusiarc wrote: »
    No but lighting a cigarette in the house will cost you a lot of money in the long run, like lowering the resell value.

Think your missing the point lol. all im saying is that regardless of outcome its no big deal. if they wipe im sure they will credit everyones zen back to them. getting to 60 takes about a week with average play. And if they dont wipe they will ban and we will all move on. some people will leave but most wont, even the people *****ing the loudest will settle down and play.
  • Options
    naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    travail01 wrote: »
    Yeah, because good governance is built on telling the least wealthy among us to shut their <expletive deleted> mouths, amiright?

-Travail.

Your own fault. You should have gone to college =)
  • Options
    combatcascombatcas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How you guys don't hate all of us is purely amazing. I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran and former JSOC operator having flown all over the world to fight scumbags of incredible proportion and yet I believe it's you guys (game developers and support techs) who have seen the worst humanity has to offer.

Some of us love ya and are just as amazed to see how wild and emotional some of the complainers rants can become as you are..

For all of it I can only say "Sorry". You guys and gals are my hero's.
  • Options
    sirfrogsirfrog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they don't wipe.. I'll just reroll my characters and pretend they did..
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    zarvuszarvus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    At this point I am just staying up so I will know how pissed off I should be tomorrow.

Well, as long as you're keeping an open mind!