What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    tybudxtybudx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad to say it but this game is officially broken if you do a full wipe i promise you alot of players will stop playing the game because like myself do not like enjoying multiple character, i like to focus on one character and get to the end game were the real fun starts. I really like this game but if they wipe many people like myself will just leave because its wasted time and the fear of something like this happening again will kick in, and if they dont wipe many people will leave the game due to the broken economy. Sorry to say for the people who like this game like myself this game will never be the same again and in a bad way. INC RIFT F2P.

Because of the two days it takes to get to 60 in a free game? Yeah...
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    combatcas wrote: »
    How you guys don't hate all of us is purely amazing. I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran and former JSOC operator having flown all over the world to fight scumbags of incredible proportion and yet I believe it's you guys (game developers and support techs) who have seen the worst humanity has to offer.

Some of us love ya and are just as amazed to see how wild and emotional some of the complainers rants can become as you are..

For all of it I can only say "Sorry". You guys and gals are my hero's.

+1 (gazillion)
  • Options
    baraiderbaraider Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahahhaa wtf?! Wtf hahahahhaa

that is awesome!!
  • Options
    cursewordscursewords Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After hours of this, I literally can't stop refreshing the page. I may have a serious problem.
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    baraider wrote: »
    this looks intimate.....

dillpickle.jpg
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    inu755 wrote: »
    he cant give us what he himself does not know for fact

yep exactly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    greymasquegreymasque Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aeonaheart wrote: »
    I fail to see the analogy. Starving, homelessness or suffering/dying from lack of medical care has no parallel with gaming.

Then again I was blessed with owning a full set of normal human emotions which includes human empathy.

I don't mind paying for others to play at all. In fact, I love that concept. What fails in logic is when a leeching player tells paying players they have no right to demand the game improve for all of us. That is just self-defeating on several levels. It's beyond ungrateful... it's like saying they want the free ride to end NOW. Welfare recipients may resent the wealthy but they aren't screaming at them to stop the assistance they get immediately. Sorry, your analogy is flawed by apathy.

...Well said.

Also, I apologize for any hostility earlier in the thread. RL stuff combined with this whole mess made me irritable.
    I didn't realize there wouldn't be a character wipe at the end of open beta, so you're right that this isn't a true open beta. It's basically what's called a "soft launch."
    Put down the pom poms NOW and slowly back away, you zombie cheerleader! Devs don't need you snarking on us for them, mkay?
    Aaand then you have to pull out the childish insults again.
    For someone claiming to be in their 50s, you certainly don't know how to act like it.
  • Options
    cho83cho83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ladyelif wrote: »
    I just logged in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vihBFS3WM0c -.-
  • Options
    spongeyliciousspongeylicious Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wait till he puts it together that the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are myths too...

Wait... They're not real either?!
    reclusiarc wrote: »
    Page 270! Griffin is falling asleep on the job.

I think they're literally only looking for the best pickle images they can find...
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pickle.jpg

That should make Sulu happy . . . oops wrong game . . .
  • Options
    thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daddyjack wrote: »
    am i suppose to feed it .. the cat companion ... oh i'm a terrible VR person...............

It feeds itself on various things while you play. Like Orcs. And beggars.
  • Options
    zioralsazioralsa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    combatcas wrote: »
    How you guys don't hate all of us is purely amazing. I'm a Disabled Combat Veteran and former JSOC operator having flown all over the world to fight scumbags of incredible proportion and yet I believe it's you guys (game developers and support techs) who have seen the worst humanity has to offer.

Some of us love ya and are just as amazed to see how wild and emotional some of the complainers rants can become as you are..

For all of it I can only say "Sorry". You guys and gals are my hero's.

Amen. I have helped moderate the forums for a few games in the past. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it again. People are garbage everywhere.
  • Options
    alchemystlordalchemystlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got to go sleep now. Hope you guys find the best solution (complete wipe please).

Continue the good work.
  • Options
    slugormasterslugormaster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reclusiarc wrote: »
    No but lighting a cigarette in the house will cost you a lot of money in the long run, like lowering the resell value.

No, it won't repair itself. See, here's the thing.. AD is like the american dollar. It only has VALUE because we assign it a value. That value is based on what people are willing to trade for it. i.e. you can buy a nice car for about $45,000.00. (I bought a 2012 Highlander). I worked about 3 months to be able to pay for that car (overseas war zone), so the car is worth 3 months of my labor to ME. Now, look at it this way. Say my neighbor created $10,000,000.00 dollars from nothing. He worked ZERO hours to get that money, so toyota sold him the car, and I would end up paying $90,000.00 for the same car, since toyota jacked up the price. Now, I had to work 6 months for the exact same thing. That's what EVERYONE who sold items for MILLIONS of AD just did. They sold their stuff to people who CHEATED and duped the AD. But, their money isn't REAL. The side effect, is that it effectively priced all the REAL workers out of the game, since we would have to work MUCH longer to get the same thing.

Having said that, the ONLY solution is a complete wipe. Wipe out ALL AD transactions, refund all the ZEN, starter pack AD, and start fresh. That's the ONLY way the 'economy' can recover. If only 1% of the cheaters keep their stolen 100 Million AD, then it will just come back and ruin the economy again.
  • Options
    kriemhildakriemhilda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wardragon3 wrote: »
    Remember. Be nice you will get more with honey than vinegar. They are doing all they can.
    You also get more with manure.
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just wait till he puts it together that the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy are myths too...

he looked them all up at the same time!!!!!
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    3137183-gherkin-dill-pickle-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    why do i stay up just to know the "plan"
    /e air_guitar
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    nmeapollonmeapollo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cursewords wrote: »
    After hours of this, I literally can't stop refreshing the page. I may have a serious problem.

It's 11:17 PM here, and I have astronomy at 6:30 in the morning.... but I can't stop either! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!
  • Options
    durrelitosdurrelitos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A rollback or a complete wipe would seem like to only viable options, even if you have stated that you won't wipe the characters. You'll never stablilize the economy without it. Just got to bite the hard apple, people will leave eitherway. And a rollback/wipe to stabilize seems like the best choice, IMHO. It's better to cleanse the wound completely then apply infected bandages along the way. It's a BETA, wipe and give people their ZEN back that they've spent. Don't necessarily need to refund them the money.
  • Options
    justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Well stop playing now because there will be no wipe.. Bye bye, don't let the door hit ya on the way out..I agree with the above post.. I missed the part about not wanting to wipe.. my apologies :) knee jerk reaction to all the wipe posts :)

Have to agree with that one. While a working economy is nice in a game, I fail to see how this affects dungeon mechanics... or 98.9% of the rest of teh game.. which seems to be working fairly well to me, albeit with a few issues still being ironed out.

But, where would we be without all the histrionic chicken littles that live within the MMO game community... theyre like Robin to batman... the side story, the comic relief.. the part added that makes you scratch your head sometimes and go.. WTF?
  • Options
    fivel44fivel44 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    faaaaail-rb-423.jpg

ReRoll! it only makes you stronger...if your patient enough.
  • Options
    overkill1981overkill1981 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i like it. wonder if they will read it lol
  • Options
    naero111naero111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter‏@NeverwinterGame2m
    @IdrasMom The occasional "Live" icon is a known issue. We are in open beta.

Lol just little more fuel...
  • Options
    farunaisfarunais Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? As noted many times in the thred... ITS A BATA!!! Your going to get wiped any way. So quit now please.
  • Options
    blinken11blinken11 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zioralsa wrote: »
    Amen. I have helped moderate the forums for a few games in the past. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do it again. People are garbage everywhere.

You're right. I'm garbage. You're garbage. Santa Clause is garbage. Jesus is garbage. Did i forget anyone?
  • Options
    hermeoushermeous Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who ordered pickles?
  • Options
    dsgxsnipedsgxsnipe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cho83 wrote: »

your just trying to troll and its not working. your just really making your self look stupid.
  • Options
    baraiderbaraider Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dillpickle.jpg

now THIS reminds me of Band Camp.....
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Bladen1234 (working on a GED) = inbred hyper angry guy who's great at labelling ppl and filing them away in boxes.

Actually I digitize them with a high speed scanner and process them through LAMP servers and a few SANs - All run on 6 year old PE 1950s running without Open Manage or Nagios monitoring.

It's what I do.