Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• Options
    mojoman33mojoman33 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    I Have a lot of AD, about 6.5 million. I never broke a single rule. I would bet my house on it. Just bidding on items hours on end in front of the mailbox, winning some and reselling for a profit. SEVERAL hours/days doing this, but my guy is equipped well now and has some cash.

He's well equipped to sit in front of the Mailbox? What is he wearing, a diaper and a 6-pack of Mountain Dew?
  • Options
    mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 mins away from the servers being down for 10 hours.
  • Options
    jamesdaplayajamesdaplaya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh, the joy :)

Lol. Name the movie it was used on?
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Admit it you're afraid of Americans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKNd22GGaQ
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    -Discovery: I think we have an exploit that has gone viral.
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
    -Discovery: A short rollback should do.
    Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    -Frak! This has been going on a long time.
    Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    -OMG, the previous exploit was the least of our problems.
    Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours.
    -ZOMG, I cannot believe how many people were using this exploit!
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.
    -We have to call in upper management. This decision is beyond my pay grade.
    Update 6 PM Pacific: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.
    -Management wants legal involved. We are fubar-ed.
    Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.
    -Legal thinks this is a poopstorm. We are in really bad situation.
    Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.
    -Legal wants more time to cover their own butts. Management is trying to find an escape goat. Dev's are working on CVs more than they are on fixing problem now.

wonder if this is allowed...
    The comments after the "-" are mine.
  • Options
    majinpaynemajinpayne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldnt one of the easier fixes be to:

Zero stat the cats (no crit or recovery bonus and no slots) so they are virtually useless and make a new pet that has all the identical stats and skills as the original cat. That way, all cat owners including the exploiters that have hundreds of cats in their banks have no choice but to get rid of them for nothing. Sucks for the people that legitimately earned them, but hey, that's the breaks. Then, the second thing to do is cap the AD to 1 or 2 million in your bank. Meaning that the most you could have is 2 mill on your toon and possibly a 5 mil account limit including guild banks. That would stabilize prices and make it less attractive to farm by illegal means. Plus, the economy wouldn't become wrecked as fast.

Just an idea.
  • Options
    vistus41vistus41 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if they wipe the only thing i will be a bit pissed about is all the time I've spent getting my leadership up ....

oh well its beta I expect a wipe before the alpha launch
  • Options
    thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dartakx wrote:
    Sad thing is how I can have trust in the product if they add more stuff in cash shop than bug fixed each week.

This is quite simple. They have different people with different skills. Some know how to fix bugs in source code, some knows how to produce in-game content. Only thing that matters when things bug out is if and how they fix it, not what the rest of their personell does while the coders work on their parts.
  • Options
    leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow, I've seen some trolls in my day, but you are one sophisticated troll, for sure..
    Tis good you hath noticed that I am....
    15052009.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    why count pages? shouldn't we be counting posts? getting to 3000 post should be the goal.

You are right! come on guys! MORE NONSENSE! MORE RAGE! MORE CONFUSION! MORE! (still dancing)
  • Options
    galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but you were SELLING to a duper. Again, as I stated, no-one should be able to have more than 3,000,000 AD at this early stage of the game. I don't care HOW much you 'made', if you were selling to someone who COULD NOT HAVE EARNED those millions of AD to pay for it.

faulty logic, could easily have 10m in time games been up just selling a few items on ah to founders who started with 2m
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    galekine wrote: »
    stupid argument, if a manufacturer builds a faulty gun then it IS thier problem. Some idiot always finds the defect. would be like a car company building a car without brakes and trying to say its not their fault someone else ran into u

It's more like buying a car, finding the brakes don't work properly when going over 70MpH and instead of taking it back to whoever you brought it from, you go racing and crash at 80MpH and attempt to sue the manufacturer.

You knew that the brakes didn't work properly when going over 70MpH and rather than contacting the store or the manufacturer you went and purposely put yourself into a situation where the brakes would fail.

The manufacturer is to blame for the faulty brakes, but you're hardly blameless for the crash as you knew the brakes were faulty.
  • Options
    damnyankeedamnyankee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    margrack wrote: »
    Thhaaaaaaaank you!
    150616159_inflatable-pirate-hat-and-sword---costumes-77296.jpg

Sweet!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inu755 wrote: »
    You know what i have nothing to say to that very nice. i dont think however they should do a wipe or recall. it wont effect me since im lvl 18 but those who spent time and money on this game should not have to pay for such a small group of ppl. very nicely put once again and i know what i wrote has almost nothing to do with what you said but was all i could think to what you had wrote

I dont think wipe is a solution either. But it would be ridiculous 3 days bans everywhere considering the long term effect of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter Twitter Guy (with liberal arts degree) = company apologist
  • Options
    thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    majinpayne wrote: »
    Wouldnt one of the easier fixes be to: ...

We dont want them to fix things the easy way. We want them to fix things the right way. Let them take their time to do it right.
  • Options
    impishkatimpishkat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allow me to clarify...

GONE TO THE AMERICANS - See "Jerk Hacking" (Unique Dragon, CoH)
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solresol wrote: »
    What exactly is so great and rare about the Feline Companion? It ignores you most of the time until it's hungry? When it does decide it want's love it is at the worst time?

holy sh*t....your right.
  • Options
    phingersphingers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    geldon wrote: »
    They say if you sit down enough monkeys with typewriters, you'll eventually inadvertently reproduce the complete works of Shakesphere.

So far, we're just up to Carrot Top.

Which would only take one monkey with one typewriter about 5 minutes to re-create
  • Options
    kriemhildakriemhilda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like turtles.
  • Options
    fattynicksfattynicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vistus41 wrote: »
    if they wipe the only thing i will be a bit pissed about is all the time I've spent getting my leadership up ....

Alpha comes before Beta bro. You mean "removing beta status from the live game"
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vistus41 wrote: »

hahahaahaha .. here we go again as the great Ratt song ... Round and Round!
  • Options
    reclusiarcreclusiarc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kriemhilda wrote: »
    I like turtles.

Somewhere, they've started a cult to worship you.
  • Options
    aeonaheartaeonaheart Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm! Sounds a bit like America's Welfare System!

I fail to see the analogy. Starving, homelessness or suffering/dying from lack of medical care has no parallel with gaming.

Then again I was blessed with owning a full set of normal human emotions which includes human empathy.

I don't mind paying for others to play at all. In fact, I love that concept. What fails in logic is when a leeching player tells paying players they have no right to demand the game improve for all of us. That is just self-defeating on several levels. It's beyond ungrateful... it's like saying they want the free ride to end NOW. Welfare recipients may resent the wealthy but they aren't screaming at them to stop the assistance they get immediately. Sorry, your analogy is flawed by apathy.
  • Options
    mojoman33mojoman33 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm an idiot.... *sigh* changing now (still dancing)

Dancing days are here again, as the Cryptic Devs cry out their woes.
  • Options
    donfernandodonfernando Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW worker fixing server ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvYvnIR8U8E
  • Options
    griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    Seriously the 80's WTF were people thinking.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
  • Options
    kazanlikkazanlik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impishkat wrote: »
    So.... This game has GONE TO THE AMERICANS ??

LOL +rep. I still have a copy of that original post around here somewhere. G-ds that brings back some memories. Thank you. :)
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bladen1234 wrote: »
    Neverwinter Twitter Guy (with liberal arts degree) = company apologist

Trailturtle is an excellent CM and is doing his best to keep us informed, it's not his fault that he has a bunch of people demanding answers on one side and another demanding he doesn't say anything yet on the other.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    Possibly, but still. I play the game as it was intended, to take away my AD would be punishing me for doing nothing wrong. Its not like I even knew there was a exploit before today. Taking away my AD would be making the DAYS I spent getting it useless.

Not necessarlily useless. If they manage to solve this in the proper way (determining the source and flow of every single illegit AD, then reverting all actions they ever touched, or something close to that solution), then you'd be back with having "lost" some working hours but having gained a better economic climate to operate in.