test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange and Auction House Offline

Comments

• impishkatimpishkat Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So.... This game has GONE TO THE AMERICANS ??
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but you were SELLING to a duper. Again, as I stated, no-one should be able to have more than 3,000,000 AD at this early stage of the game. I don't care HOW much you 'made', if you were selling to someone who COULD NOT HAVE EARNED those millions of AD to pay for it.

Uhh you can get a few million just by spending 50$ in zen. Not that I did, I would usually buy keys for the "gamble" :)
  • rand0m911rand0m911 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tredo wrote: »
    LOL they are banning the ones they catch..

these guys have mule toons, mule accounts, secondary accounts, fake IP's, they do this for a living... BAN ha ha, I laugh at that!!

Look here http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1eebyi/an_exploiter_claims_to_have_made_almost_six/

He laughs for that...
  • donfernandodonfernando Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    I Have a lot of AD, about 6.5 million. I never broke a single rule. I would bet my house on it. Just bidding on items hours on end in front of the mailbox, winning some and reselling for a profit. SEVERAL hours/days doing this, but my guy is equipped well now and has some cash.

Right, I'm not saying you broke any rules. But if the people buying the stuff you sold were using duped currency to buy it... then you benefited from the exploit. I'm not saying you did anything wrong. But if this has been going on so long, then everyone who played the AH has probably made more than they would have if the exploit didn't exist.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • daddyjackdaddyjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hate the full wipe thing but it is seeming more and more like what should happen ... and i am one who has spent a bit of cash i should not have. all in good fun. got to blow it some where movies, bars, drugs <--- not really. but we all spend it somewhere.
    I'ts the AD i earned tho fair and square that hurts the most.

UM of course with the full zen return ahem...
  • falson1falson1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    impishkat wrote: »

Yes it has, and if you don't like it we will come bomb you.
  • vinnymakvinnymak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somebody earlier asked where all the RPers are. We aren't in the Moonstone Mark BECAUSE of the half-orcs dancing on the stage. We have found plenty of other hidden places to get away from the general populace.
    Belmaliel Seraph - Human Guardian Fighter (@Eldredd)
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    mojoman33 wrote: »
    This is the only relevant thing posted in this whole thread. The only thing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm an idiot.... *sigh* changing now (still dancing)
  • geldongeldon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    impishkat wrote: »

If that bothers you, you might not want to look up where Cryptic Studios is headquartered.
  • slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    lrigh wrote: »
    i want this ingame!

Right! All innocent toons get this shirt in-game, and four times a year there's a storm - those (less than honest players) not wearing their shirts get shocked to death all day long for all to see.

Oh yeah - they come back broke and naked too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jiving too!"

Dungeon: Power of the Loc-Nar
    Author: @Merryblues
    Short Code: NW-DCPWC4FTI
    Average Duration: 23 min
    Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    why count pages? shouldn't we be counting posts? getting to 3000 post should be the goal.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You guys do realize that very few people have the same settings on these forums. For me this is only on page 64. If I want to judge a thread's crazy out-of-control rage-factor then I go by the post number :)

I was hoping someone other than me had max posts per page!
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope they dont take all the cats away. I traded a lot of my hard earned stuff to get one incliding another different companoin and more than a few rank 6 enchantments

What exactly is so great and rare about the Feline Companion? It ignores you most of the time until it's hungry? When it does decide it want's love it is at the worst time?
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    margrack wrote: »
    Thhaaaaaaaank you!
    150616159_inflatable-pirate-hat-and-sword---costumes-77296.jpg

this is friggin' great
    Silverhand
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dropping my post here in this epic thread of complete senselessness.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    vinnymak wrote: »
    Somebody earlier asked where all the RPers are. We aren't in the Moonstone Mark BECAUSE of the half-orcs dancing on the stage. We have found plenty of other hidden places to get away from the general populace.

we hang out in the pvp arena. I always get ganked!
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • regnorvexregnorvex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I guess this proves the old saying: "There's no such thing as a free-to-play MMO".
    "Men do not stop playing because they grow old. They grow old because they stop playing." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes
    edited May 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Right, I'm not saying you broke any rules. But if the people buying the stuff you sold were using duped currency to buy it... then you benefited from the exploit. I'm not saying you did anything wrong. But if this has been going on so long, then everyone who played the AH has probably made more than they would have if the exploit didn't exist.

Possibly, but still. I play the game as it was intended, to take away my AD would be punishing me for doing nothing wrong. Its not like I even knew there was a exploit before today. Taking away my AD would be making the DAYS I spent getting it useless.
  • mojoman33mojoman33 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    falson1 wrote: »
    I Have a lot of AD, about 6.5 million. I never broke a single rule. I would bet my house on it. Just bidding on items hours on end in front of the mailbox, winning some and reselling for a profit. SEVERAL hours/days doing this, but my guy is equipped well now and has some cash.

He's well equipped to sit in front of the Mailbox? What is he wearing, a diaper and a 6-pack of Mountain Dew?
  • mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    10 mins away from the servers being down for 10 hours.
  • bladen1234bladen1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Admit it you're afraid of Americans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKNd22GGaQ
  • jamesdaplayajamesdaplaya Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahh, the joy :)

Lol. Name the movie it was used on?
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Dezstravus and the Neverwinter Team

Update 12PM Pacific: We are still investigating the situation. There is a high likelihood that we will be performing character-specific rollbacks on any accounts that were found to be utilizing the exploit. Additionally, we are investigating the extent of what can additional steps can be taken to remove any illegitimately obtained Astral Diamonds that have entered into the economy. We are also investigating the possibility of a shard-wide rollback.
    -Discovery: I think we have an exploit that has gone viral.
    Update 12:15PM Pacific: We're bringing the shards down temporarily to better investigate the issue. Estimated downtime is 1 hour. Thank you!
    -Discovery: A short rollback should do.
    Update 12:45PM Pacific: We're still investigating the issue and will have more information for you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
    -Frak! This has been going on a long time.
    Update 12:55PM Pacific: The shard downtime will be extended for two more hours as we address the AD/AH issue. More details soon - thank you!
    -OMG, the previous exploit was the least of our problems.
    Update 1:30PM Pacific: We are identifying the accounts that have utilized the AH exploit and will be taking action against said accounts. We are also still investigating the severity of the issue and its impact on the game, and from this information we will take corrective action. Estimated downtime is at least two more hours.
    -ZOMG, I cannot believe how many people were using this exploit!
    Update 5:15 PM Pacific: We have most of the information in-hand, but are waiting on a few final details to determine our plan of action. To clarify one thing I've seen around on Twitter, whatever we ultimately decide to do, a full character wipe will not happen. We're doing everything we can to minimize the impact of this fix, so that it changes what must change, but not much else. Thank you all for your patience, we appreciate it and will have you back in-game as soon as possible.
    -We have to call in upper management. This decision is beyond my pay grade.
    Update 6 PM Pacific: We're still finalizing the plan of action. Once everything is locked in, we'll be posting everything, so keep your eyes on Facebook, on Twitter and on our forums -- we'll make sure it goes everywhere. Thank you all again, we appreciate your support and patience.
    -Management wants legal involved. We are fubar-ed.
    Update 6:35 PM Pacific: We have a plan of action. We're verifying the exact timeline with the Neverwinter team, then we'll be triple-checking the planned forum post with all key stakeholders before posting. We're not finished yet, folks, but we're getting closer.
    -Legal thinks this is a poopstorm. We are in really bad situation.
    Update 9 PM Pacific: The post about our plan of action is being confirmed -- stay tuned, folks, we're getting closer.
    -Legal wants more time to cover their own butts. Management is trying to find an escape goat. Dev's are working on CVs more than they are on fixing problem now.

wonder if this is allowed...
    The comments after the "-" are mine.
  • vistus41vistus41 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if they wipe the only thing i will be a bit pissed about is all the time I've spent getting my leadership up ....

oh well its beta I expect a wipe before the alpha launch
  • majinpaynemajinpayne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldnt one of the easier fixes be to:

Zero stat the cats (no crit or recovery bonus and no slots) so they are virtually useless and make a new pet that has all the identical stats and skills as the original cat. That way, all cat owners including the exploiters that have hundreds of cats in their banks have no choice but to get rid of them for nothing. Sucks for the people that legitimately earned them, but hey, that's the breaks. Then, the second thing to do is cap the AD to 1 or 2 million in your bank. Meaning that the most you could have is 2 mill on your toon and possibly a 5 mil account limit including guild banks. That would stabilize prices and make it less attractive to farm by illegal means. Plus, the economy wouldn't become wrecked as fast.

Just an idea.
  • thecrimsonrozethecrimsonroze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dartakx wrote:
    Sad thing is how I can have trust in the product if they add more stuff in cash shop than bug fixed each week.

This is quite simple. They have different people with different skills. Some know how to fix bugs in source code, some knows how to produce in-game content. Only thing that matters when things bug out is if and how they fix it, not what the rest of their personell does while the coders work on their parts.
  • leillannaleillanna Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow, I've seen some trolls in my day, but you are one sophisticated troll, for sure..
    Tis good you hath noticed that I am....
    15052009.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Eilistraee zhal zuch tlu wun ussta xukuth.
  • griffinthemadgriffinthemad Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    bman1978 wrote: »
    why count pages? shouldn't we be counting posts? getting to 3000 post should be the goal.

You are right! come on guys! MORE NONSENSE! MORE RAGE! MORE CONFUSION! MORE! (still dancing)
  • galekinegalekine Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, but you were SELLING to a duper. Again, as I stated, no-one should be able to have more than 3,000,000 AD at this early stage of the game. I don't care HOW much you 'made', if you were selling to someone who COULD NOT HAVE EARNED those millions of AD to pay for it.

faulty logic, could easily have 10m in time games been up just selling a few items on ah to founders who started with 2m