test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Metzli's Dungeon DPS Guide

Comments

• Options
    solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Without even doing any math, I am fairly confident that if the DM / DF nerfs stay the same as the original patch notes, a scoundrel build will be significantly better than executioner now. The Stealth build might even do better dps. Executioner is losing 60% CS and At least half its bleed damage. That's enormous.

As far as power goes; I have not yet done any testing myself, but looking at a few numbers other people posted it does not appear to be nearly as big as it needed to be to get the results they probably wanted. They needed to slightly buff the conversion of power to weapon damage, and on top of that also increase how encounters scale with power (weapon damage). But the numbers I have seen lead me to believe that neither of these things happened to any extent that matters.
  • Options
    solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    djenghis1001djenghis1001 Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2013
    Hmm so after 20 june we need to get a whole new build? Also the crit/ap/llifesteal/etc?
  • Options
    eikooneikoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    Hmm so after 20 june we need to get a whole new build? Also the crit/ap/llifesteal/etc?

mhhhh, i guess numbers regarding arpen, crit (-5% cause of feat), recov and power will stay nearly the same (maybe some more crit). but scoundrel might become a better choice (as sol said).
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    I think one should also not disregard defense anymore, since DCs got nerfed so much. No more just died cleanses, AS not up 100% of the time and aggro changed, so TRs are more prone to take some damage now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    speaking just for me: i run dungeons with 1 cleric nearly 95% of the time (ok with shield always up)... and if it's needed i got 2 rolls and if reeeallly needed i got itc. so atm i don't see any bossfight where i should die (or even die twice). how would you go for defense anyway? what would you sacrifice - pet slots? mh need it for useful stats :D.

at the moment i am at:

4754 power (5768 with swash)
    3752 crit (49,9 % with campfire and skillful inf.)
    2264 arpen (22,3 %)
    1379 recov (2393 with swash)
    1255 lifesteal (9,4%)
    21980 hitpoints

pet (stone) gives me: 1124 arpen, 477 crit, 154 lifesteal, 598 power and 326 recov (all included in stats posted above)

and i don't really know what i would sacrifice.
  • Options
    kurahavikurahavi Member Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    eikoon wrote: »
    speaking just for me: i run dungeons with 1 cleric nearly 95% of the time (ok with shield always up)... and if it's needed i got 2 rolls and if reeeallly needed i got itc. so atm i don't see any bossfight where i should die (or even die twice). how would you go for defense anyway? what would you sacrifice - pet slots? mh need it for useful stats :D.

at the moment i am at:

2264 arpen (22,3 %)
    1255 lifesteal (9,4%)
    21980 hitpoints

pet (stone) gives me: 1124 arpen, 477 crit, 154 lifesteal and 598 power (all included in stats posted above)

I would sacrifice power without second thought...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    problem: i only got power enchantments in my main and offhand so i can swap out these (2x 185) and got 2 offslots free for ? (my char is a drow btw no half-orc)
  • Options
    femmenikitafemmenikita Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013

at the moment i am at:

2264 arpen (22,3 %)
    1255 lifesteal (9,4%)
    21980 hitpoints

pet (stone) gives me: 1124 arpen, 477 crit, 154 lifesteal and 598 power (all included in stats posted above)

nice stats
  • Options
    shazantishazanti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Soooo... with the new changes I have a question. Does the Retraining Token allow you to also re-roll your starting Ability Stat Dice Rolls? If I was going to run a Scoundrel Build I would have opted for more CHA instead of the Crit from Dex...
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    if the token will be like the founder package one: nope, no rerolling your stats
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    freehugs9 wrote: »
    Tier 1 and Tier 2 Mitigation:
    Enemies are Level 62 in Tier 1 and level 65 in Tier 2. This does not affect their mitigation.

Bosses 24% mitigation
    Brutes 20% or 22% mitigation
    Strikers and Leaders 16.2% or 18% mitigation
    Minions 14.4% mitigation
    Controllers and Ranged Strikers 12.8% or 14% mitigation

So in PvE Armor Penetration starts to soft cap at 12.8% and hard caps at 24%. Other effects that reduce the targets mitigation don't seem to have a cap, I've so far seen enemies go as low as -132% defenses (2.32 times base damage).

(Have not yet tested Castle Never)

question: if this is correct -> stack more arpen till 24%?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Nevermind. I answered my own question by actually "looking" at the Retraining Token lol.

Thanks All
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The info in your post is likely correct eikoon. Or at least pretty close. So 24% would be optimal if you are only optimizing for bosses.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Metz what Enchant do you have on your stones Ring neck and Icon?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Probably either ARP or Power. I just follow the same guidelines I laid out here. Like people were saying earlier though, you will want to use on your stone whatever stats you need in PVE that you don't want for your PVP.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    solsol1337 wrote: »
    The info in your post is likely correct eikoon. Or at least pretty close. So 24% would be optimal if you are only optimizing for bosses.

that's the question - since i am at (changed a bit since last page)

4384 power (5398 with swash)
    4122 crit (50,6 % with campfire and skillful inf.)
    2264 arpen (22,3 %)

i could switch out 2x r6 crit enchants -> so i am at 3822 crit (~50%) and put them into arpen to get lets say 300 more and reach 2564 (which should be at least 24%). since power still seems not really worth it (since only encounter and dailies are changed in the balance patch) and 300 crit only equal 0.6% - it might be a good choice to squeeze out the additional arpen for pve.

what's your opinion and what would you do? :)
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    ARP is the best stat you can stack diminishing wise.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    since deadly momentum gets a heavy nerf and will give us 15% cs max instead of 75% how about the following build http://reyva.com/resources/neverwinter-powers-feat-simulator.9/#crBHaO826dMkALhnoVGTfThwZF0PMUbnBAYZLoNZ4sketP2E0704sJT0nwHvQJKYY6sEG7ATC (just hit "feats") especially considering that gfs and gwfs will get so much more aggro now.

since dm 1,2,3,4,5 / 5 just affects the chance to get a stack and we hit that often it might be worth a try (not really sure but i guess it might work out).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lalelu /10chars

ty for advice :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Based on how low the proc chance is on DM already, and how long the buildup time usually is, I'd guess that 5/5 DM is still best. There would need to be testing to confirm, but I am about 100% sure that 1/5 DM is not good. Even at 15%, DM is worth 7.5% dps on average. On the other hand, Underhanded Tactics is worth 4% at most, usually less. And I am not entirely sure how to value Cunning Stalker.

Also:
    1. I already participated.
    2. One of the forum rules is to not advertise other threads within a thread. Please delete that link.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=678
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mh, if i stand in front of the dummy i only need 1 df (all 3 stages of it) to gain 4-5 stacks of dm (with 5/5 feated) i might give it a chance with 1/5 or something like that just to check procc rates (since even if you reach less stacks you lose less if its 6 (for 2) or 15 (for 5) isn't that big anymore - **** neeeeeeed more respecc tokens :( )

guess some things just need to be tried to check how they could work. math is nice but it depends on fights, how to engage things (so even on your group) and so many more factors.
  • Options
    kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Forget about 1/5! i tried it, it doesnt work.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mh kk ty for input :)

edit: did you try out more? like splitting with underhanded tactics - like 2/5 & 3/5 or 3/5 & 2/5. dunno if it makes sense... if we find a value that triggers it any point spent more isn't that useful (or a waste) and can be transfered over.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Will put some testing in the next few days to see how a scoundrel build compares to executioner now with the executioner nerfs and the encounter buffs.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    did 2 dungeons till now (with old standard build) - working ok so far i guess -> and hey... first dungeon = pirates - fixed shortcut! hope they did it in all dungeons <3 FIX :)
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    did 2 dungeons till now (with old standard build) - working ok so far i guess -> and hey... first dungeon = pirates - fixed shortcut! hope they did it in all dungeons <3 FIX :)

From my understanding and reading other posts and zone chats in game, they have fixed a lot of shortcuts and exploits. However, I am still seeing zone posts in code about CN last boss run only and so forth. So either they don't know, or they know something that is still a short cut they didn't fix.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    A lot of the shortcuts that I always use in CN shouldn't be "fixed". Some of them seem to purposely be there even.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    talking about "designed" areas in the "lower regions"? if they fixed the "out of map" **** it would be one big step so...