Comments

• Options
    jilvix1337jilvix1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    What's the best belt for TR?
  • Options
    noobswithboobsnoobswithboobs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I have a (simple?) question. I have to drop one of these two and they are both great, so I dont know which one to choose. CUNNING STALKER or UNDERHANDED TACTICS.I mostly play PVE and I am not in stealth that much to be honest. Though is that 20% AP gain like 20% from that 18% (AP that I gain with my recovery) or is it +20% so together it is 38%? Also how imortan is that 20% combat advantage?

Which one would you drop and why?
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Remember that Combat advantage is when you are either stealthed, or behind target or target is being controlled. So this increases your combat advantage bonus damage(i forgot the number on this one): Damage*combat advantage damage multiplier*bonus combat advatage from cha* Underhanded tactics of (1+20% or 1.2)

While if looked at the wording of cunning stalker in comparison to tactics:
    Cunning stalker gives 20% more ap gain.
    Tactics gives 15% ap gain.

I have not explored the sabateour tree that much but if its by word logic it would be a 1.2 multiplier of ur current ap gain.

However do consider that underhanded tactics is a flat 1.2 damage multiplier, whenever you have combat advantage.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    Remember that Combat advantage is when you are either stealthed, or behind target or target is being controlled. So this increases your combat advantage bonus damage(i forgot the number on this one): Damage*combat advantage damage multiplier*bonus combat advatage from cha* Underhanded tactics of (1+20% or 1.2)

While if looked at the wording of cunning stalker in comparison to tactics:
    Cunning stalker gives 20% more ap gain.
    Tactics gives 15% ap gain.

I have not explored the sabateour tree that much but if its by word logic it would be a 1.2 multiplier of ur current ap gain.

However do consider that underhanded tactics is a flat 1.2 damage multiplier, whenever you have combat advantage.

So, as I understand, Underhanded tactics is a better way to go with? It has 1.2 damage multiplier + 15% AP gain while stealthed/behind target/controlled, while cunning stalker is just 20% AP gain while stealthed.

Im sorry if I got it wrong, but thats how i understood you.
  • Options
    meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    correct, i listed the two options so you can look at it and make your own decision.
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    correct, i listed the two options so you can look at it and make your own decision.

ok thanks for the help, will go for Underhanded then :)
  • Options
    kurz16kurz16 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi Metzli,

I'm a complete newbie of this game. I've been reading since yesterday and decided to make a rogue with your build and explanation as guide.. Great guide BTW. I actually read pages 1-23 then skipped to the last 3 pages :)

Anyway.. a patch just came in with rogue changes..
    Trickster Rogue

Cloud of Steel: This power now has 8 maximum charges, down from 12.
    Cloud of Steel: Momentum is no longer maintained when jumping and throwing daggers.
    Duelist's Flurry: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
    Duelist's Flurry: When the bleed portion of this power is at 10 stacks, further applications now recalculate damage in addition to refreshing the duration.
    Gloaming Cut: This power works best as an execute, but lacked the damage to fill that role. To help it better serve its function, it now deals up to 30% more damage (at max rank) based on the target's missing health. In addition, rank 3 of the power now provides more Stealth on kill, and rank 1 provides slightly less.
    Lurker's Assault: This power now grants 15 / 20 / 25% bonus damage, down from 20 / 40 / 60%.
    Lurker's Assault: This power now teleports the player to the targeted enemy, if an enemy is targeted.
    Lurker's Assault: This power can no longer be canceled by Disable effects.
    Shadow Strike: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
    Sly Flourish: The benefit this power gains from the Power stat has been slightly reduced.
    Wicked Reminder: This power no longer incorrectly gains slightly too much of a benefit from the Power stat.
    Feat: Speed Swindle: This feat is now properly considered a Control effect for calculations and procs.

I can't really feel how great these changes affect your current build/guide.. I only played upto lvl19 before the patch. So, I wanna know what you think of the current changes...

thanks advance.
  • Options
    bradaqbradaq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I would also like to hear what Metzli has to say about these changes. Ive been following this guide since I started and it has been a huge help to me.
  • Options
    jilvix1337jilvix1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this guide needs an update