test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: List of Promotions & Giveaways

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Phooey. I didn't win a Sunite Priestess. I never win anything.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Thanks, evidently I won on 8/29 and didn't see the notification. Thanks!

OMG! I just saw that I won a Sunite Priestess, lol I feel so lucky! Thank you thank you!!

ADD: I'll post SSs of stats and whatnot in a bit.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    how do you receive the priestess? is it mailed to you or is it in the claim shop?
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    merlecorey wrote: »
    Free Vanguard packs and new title ("Fatespinner") available here from f2p.com.

I can't redeem it, it looks like it's the same batch as the Lorehound (http://lorehound.com/game/neverwinter/?page=beta) code, despite the latter says it gives a different title (Scrimshaw Collector) ingame it actually gives "Fatespinner" title... somehow it's messed up, not sure if I should open a support ticket...
  • translucentwolftranslucentwolf Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You claim the Priestess from the Rewards Claim agent. It's 1 priestess, when you claim it, it's gone from the rewards agent.
  • blazingblitzblazingblitz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lorehound have refreshed their codes but when you enter them their invalid.
    edited September 2014

Probably they got the wrong batch of keys, they are the same as f2p.com one.

In other news, alienwarearena has still some keys left (1750 as of now): https://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/neverwinter-s-tyranny-of-dragons-prize-pack-key-giveaway
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Regarding Lorehound:

* Their latest Neverwinter post is ( http://lorehound.com/news/looking-at-and-past-module-4-in-neverwinter-interview/ )

* At the bottom of the post it notes Fatespinner is the current code, but that they can't change their redemption page so the fact it says Scrimshaw Collector is misleading (as are other pages on their site referring to previous titles).

* It appears they have a different key seed at least some of the many other sites offering Fatespinner (there are a block of like 8-10 sites, including non-English ones, that all seem to send me the same key upon getting my email and have the same count remaining, but Lorehound generated a different code).

* I'm suspecting that the invalid message, at least in my case, was is just its way of saying "Already got the title elsewhere".
  • berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited September 2014
    I won a Priestess, I am so excited! You claim it from the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave. There is only one, I am trying to choose the character who gets her. :D
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    i tried the Alienware one ... it gave me a code in email but when i try to redeem it through Arc, it says Internal Error. :( bummer
  • wildfire412001wildfire412001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    by the way, have there been no hidden codes for the past 2 weeks now? i got the falling coin one and then one more that was for the summerfest ... but have seen nothing since?
  • sirtreborsirtrebor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I did submit a ticket for the code and they posted this replay:
    We understand that you redeemed a promotional code that you got from a website but it did not work. We are sorry to hear about this.

The promotional code that the Lorehound site will give you the Fatespinner Title. The email that you received from them stating that you will receive the Scrimshaw Collector Title was already an expired promotional code that they released a few months ago so it is really deemed not to work.

We checked your account and you already have the Fatespinner Title. You may have gotten this from other websites that also provide promotional code. Unfortunately, you can only claim this title and pack once per account.

I will not post the full message but I hope this will help clear things out about the broken codes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    i tried the Alienware one ... it gave me a code in email but when i try to redeem it through Arc, it says Internal Error. :( bummer
    Try entering the code a few times in succession. When I redeemed my Alienware one, it finally took on the third try, with the first two tries giving me that "internal error" message.

If you still get the error, forward the email to
    customerservice@perfectworld.com and explain to them the exact error message you're getting.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Try entering the code a few times in succession. When I redeemed my Alienware one, it finally took on the third try, with the first two tries giving me that "internal error" message.

If you still get the error, forward the email to
    customerservice@perfectworld.com and explain to them the exact error message you're getting.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

thanks much! that worked, on the 4th try :D
    edited September 2014
    So if anybody needs a quick glance at the rough cash numbers required in the current "Buy zen store stuff" promotion running till the 15th ( http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7005093-earn-brand-new-items-now%21 ).

* Stone of Health ($5) OR Greater Stone of Health ($15) = “Geomancer” Title + Neverwinter Vanguard Pack

* Scroll of Life ($3 for 5) OR Scroll of Mass Life ($5 for 5) = “Goldeye” Title + Neverwinter Vanguard Pack

* Legendary Dragon Key ($3) OR Dragonborn Legend Pack ($75) = “Dragon Ascendant” Title + Neverwinter Vanguard Pack

* Huge Experience Booster ($50) OR Sharandar Campaign Completion ($50) OR Dread Ring Campaign Completion ($50) = Redcap Powrie companion

* Earn the four rewards above ($61 minimum) = Lord’s Armored Polar Bear Mount

Thoughts: I'd love the Powrie but all three options to get it are basically built around content skipping, which I wouldn't be interested in even if they were hugely cheaper because I kind of like playing the content. The $72 price difference between the options for getting the Dragon title is pretty wild. Honestly considering the Dragonborn Legend Pack's price compared to the rest of the list, I would have almost thought buying that should earn you *all* the prizes (and apply retroactively if you had bought the pack already). I'd actually consider getting it finally in that case...

Also in case you didn't notice you can now bid on one of 5 copies of the Sergeant Knox companion that the devs dropped in the auction house (they are set to 5 day listings). As the prices of several of them are already in the mid 600k range I'd make a wild guess that by the end they'll be going for 5 million or more. :)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The blog says Knox BoE too. I'm a bit disappointed by this.
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Well mechanically I think the limitations of doing this one via the auction house might have prevented any other options. I don't think NW has the capability to pass an account wide unlock through the auction, unless maybe they could retrofit a variant of the costume unlock code from CO to the purpose, which may not be possible. I will say it will be interesting to see if this is the only way ever to get Knox: A pet that a maximum of only 5 people ever get would seem a limited application of finite development resources (even allowing for the fact that he uses a fixed model).
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Purchase one of these items: (Last day)
    Huge Experience Booster, Sharandar Campaign Completion, Dread Ring Campaign Completion

Wonderful, I already purchased a Dragonborn pkg, already leveled a SW, and almost completed both campaigns. If I 'd of only known.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
    edited September 2014
    serpinecoh wrote: »
    Well mechanically I think the limitations of doing this one via the auction house might have prevented any other options. I don't think NW has the capability to pass an account wide unlock through the auction, unless maybe they could retrofit a variant of the costume unlock code from CO to the purpose, which may not be possible. I will say it will be interesting to see if this is the only way ever to get Knox: A pet that a maximum of only 5 people ever get would seem a limited application of finite development resources (even allowing for the fact that he uses a fixed model).

The fact it is BoE is not a big deal, it is posted on the AH, thus it will already cost as much as anyone is willing to offer. I don't think anyone will be able to buy it just to squeeze out significantly more AD later...
    edited September 2014
    hudman21 wrote: »
    Purchase one of these items: (Last day)
    Huge Experience Booster, Sharandar Campaign Completion, Dread Ring Campaign Completion

I don't see any dates there, by the wording on the post it should be already active, not "Last day"... where are you getting that info? O.o
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As cleric of Sune I ofc have to get "heartwarder" title. But I really don't need scrolls of life :(

And a powrie companion! it is too cute.
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    As cleric of Sune I ofc have to get "heartwarder" title. But I really don't need scrolls of life :(

And a powrie companion! it is too cute.
    Have you read the Demon Wars books by R.A. Salvatore? The powries can never be cute for me, lol.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jrfbrunet wrote: »
    Have you read the Demon Wars books by R.A. Salvatore? The powries can never be cute for me, lol.

This is Neverwinter, half-orc females look better than elves (at least, they did before mod 3), and powries are cute.
    edited September 2014
    I don't see any dates there, by the wording on the post it should be already active, not "Last day"... where are you getting that info? O.o
    While this one doesn't appear to be (if the page is wrong that would be a fine mess), previous promotion's have been structured with specific purchases on specific days, which is probably the source of confusion. I'm actually pretty happy with the more open ended structure they are trying for this one: Different item selections and flexible purchase timing is a strong improvement. Though as I said the options to choose from for the Powrie cutie-pie are unfortunately selected for people who aren't interested in powering through / past game content.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The fact it is BoE is not a big deal, it is posted on the AH, thus it will already cost as much as anyone is willing to offer. I don't think anyone will be able to buy it just to squeeze out significantly more AD later...

I think you are being overly optimistic. Segments of this community have proven time and time again. How willing they are to screw over fellow players for the smallest fraction of profit.
    edited September 2014

same here ... i don't see any specific day for any specific item, only if you buy any of it today through Sept 15th you will get your 'extra' reward on September 19th. but i'm thinking whatever else you buy should be active as soon as you buy it today. **MODS please correct me if i'm wrong!!
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    can anyone tell me why i would do this? i mean really spend a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of money and get what some titles and potion packs? those promos NEVER excite me ... and the fact that you either have to buy stuff daily to get the top end gift or in this case gifts since there is a mount and companion offered, but as i read it you have to spend what like 50 bucks to get that companion and you have to do all that to get the mount?

i say no thank you ... if you want my money there needs to be more incentive than titles and potion packs ... i need "real" value for my money and those are just garbage for what i'd need to spend, rather just dump my money on buying keys for lock boxes, with the money i'd spend on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> i'm sure to get at least something worthwhile from a lockbox that would give me a hefty chunk of AD in the game (higher than selling my zen for AD).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This kind of promotion obviously works on a portion of the game's population significant enough for them to keep running them. This one is marginally better than previous incarnations because it's not so rigid with the "on X day, buy Y" kind of thing. People definitely do participate in them based on an overview of forum posts (usually about the rewards being delivered late...).

I take advantage of them when they're tied to something I was considering buying anyway. This one is not super-appealing, although some of the items are inexpensive.

They've moved towards offering more varied types of promotions. They even have a sale going on this week in addition to the promotion, which they'd previously only been doing one or the other. And I am very glad to see the week-long sales making more frequent appearances.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Wow , I wonder why they decided to go back on the BoP promise they made in the first blog noted here - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?750681-Rhix-s-Bargains-Sergeant-Knox-is-Bound!
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Wow , I wonder why they decided to go back on the BoP promise they made in the first blog noted here
    Personally I hate the concept of bind on pickup single use companions as I prefer to sit on them until I have just the right character to assign them to. Sometimes I just don't know who that will be.

From a more tactical perspective on their part, if part of the intention is to pull some astral out of the market, having an item that can potentially pass through the system multiple times (incurring fees each time) is likely more ideal then BoP.