What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    dzed3dzed3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here, the launcher tries to update itself and it failed after 2 tryes constantly
  • Options
    vulpecusvulpecus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same situation of launcher failure. Downloaded the new .exe and it was working fine yesterday until the maintenance. Is there another updated version? Please advise.
  • Options
    todaretodare Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vulpecus wrote: »
    Same situation of launcher failure. Downloaded the new .exe and it was working fine yesterday until the maintenance. Is there another updated version? Please advise.

me too was working yesterday but no more! same error before replacing the exe.
  • Options
    gossiinkagossiinka Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, same happened with me. Was working fine yesterday, then I had to go to work, got home; looking forward to playing :D And it wouldn't work. Exactly that same message that came on earlier that day before I did what was required on the Update 7.
  • Options
    paytowinfanpaytowinfan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What now? Worked yesterday, today no response from patch server.
  • Options
    gossiinkagossiinka Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just might have found at least a temporary solution - I just downloaded the Update 7 link again, and it's made it through to the Launcher, which is now updating the patch - hopefully it will work for you guys too.
  • Options
    dzed3dzed3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Untitled.png

this has been going for 2 days now and no tips or patches or updates helped
  • Options
    kisstheblade07kisstheblade07 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gossiinka wrote: »
    Just might have found at least a temporary solution - I just downloaded the Update 7 link again, and it's made it through to the Launcher, which is now updating the patch - hopefully it will work for you guys too.

I tried this and it didn't work :(
  • Options
    paytowinfanpaytowinfan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay guys what seemed to work for me: 1. Go to your NWN installations folder 2. Rightclick the exe, run as admin.
  • Options
    armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The old one is fixed? But now the one you guys got me to download no longer works. Can i has old .exe plx?

All i did was go into the Neverwinter/Live folder run the GameClient.exe it loaded up, now my normal desktop (Patch Client/Luncher) runs fine. Of course not displaying anything (news etc...).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    armored22 wrote: »
    The old one is fixed? But now the one you guys got me to download no longer works. Can i has old .exe plx?

All i did was go into the Neverwinter/Live folder run the GameClient.exe it loaded up, now my normal desktop (Patch Client/Luncher) runs fine. Of course not displaying anything (news etc...).

Okay, I tried this as well and the game launched but didn't go through the patcher. However whenever I connect it just gives me a timed out error. I hope they are looking at this thread, because I was about to give them some of my money!
  • Options
    norzothnorzoth Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher is also broken it says *loading please wait* and I wait and I wait nothing happens. sigh...
  • Options
    aber71aber71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    norzoth wrote: »
    My launcher is also broken it says *loading please wait* and I wait and I wait nothing happens. sigh...

I'm having a similar issue... says Patching, but nothing is happening. Been that way for ~20 minutes now.
  • Options
    rasgamingrasgaming Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I tried downloading the exe again and replaced the one I downloaded yesterday, seemed to work so far...
  • Options
    gigglesxxgigglesxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic keeps crashing!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!
  • Options
    karebear68karebear68 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would really love to be able to get into the game and play, from what I'm reading it's a great addition to the PW family. I am currently on my 3rd try for the download, tried all the aforementioned fixes and nothing is working. I get the client going, everything will load, then BAM totally blank screen. My whole system is up to date, even double checked my video card for any current updates although I just did it 2 days ago. I have been looking forward to playing Neverwinter since they announced it, and now all I'm getting is disappointment. So frustrated :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rasgaming wrote: »
    I tried downloading the exe again and replaced the one I downloaded yesterday, seemed to work so far...

I made sure to delete the old one I had in downloads, re downloaded, copied, and it worked. Had to end processes in task manager before I could copy, that might be the issue. Hope I don't have to do this every day :/
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any official word on when this will be fixed?

Replacing files every day is no good.
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    marchof5in wrote: »
    won't accept my password to login today
    edit: It is accepting just my email, thought I logged in with my username last night
    Check caps lock. Sounds too simple but it worked for me.
  • Options
    aspanectaspanect Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    think i am having a similar problem. get thru patching, get thru cryptic loading screen, then get stuck at a totaly black screen. stays there forever. if i am on full screen, only solution is a cold boot. in safe mode, i can close it normally... i was able to play last night, but
    after loggin in and out a cuple times, this started. and have not been able to get past it. no matter what i do with my system.
    any ideas even?
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i wanna know is this suppose to be fixed or not??????
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because i cant get past the crptic auto updater
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Running as admin from the task bar worked, It's patching now. See if it works after that.
  • Options
    stormyweather68stormyweather68 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Skimmed through the last 183 pages, so if I am duplicating, my apologies. I had similar issues with the launcher. Though, I had the launcher from closed beta access. While doing the patch, got about 50% done and BAM! Computer crashes (maybe it's a thank you to Windows 8 platform to boot). Anyway, what I needed to do is the following:

Knowing that there were issues with the launcher from forum posts, waited to see if they said "it's fixed". I then uninstalled anything and everything NeverWinter related, did a disk clean up, rebooted computer, rebooted modem and now I'm starting fresh. Went here:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/download and redownloaded the launcher from the "direct download" link. It was a little time consuming, but after I did this, it installed smoothly, patched just as smoothly and everything was right with the world.

Again, if this is a duplicate post of someone else suggesting the same thing, my apologies.
    ~Stormy~

"I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth or home defense. But I do believe an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon nor needed for home defense." -Ronald Reagan

BostonStrong
  • Options
    ozymadiasakyliosozymadiasakylios Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey my launch says "it appears you have cookies disabled. you must enable cookies to use this website. please click here for help enabling cookies" however i have cookies already enabled and my friend is able to log onto his account via my computer as well it just wont let MY account log onto the launcher
  • Options
    ekhowlekhowl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the launcher problem AGAIN: "The patchclient got a message while it was...". I already fixed this yesterday by replacing the Neverwinter.exe with the new executable as you instructed in the first post and game was working fine. Now it reverted back to this issue. :(

Any ideas?
  • Options
    captwedgeantilezcaptwedgeantilez Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've downloaded the new .exe and launch as admin but it just sits in my tray mocking me. nothing else happens at all :(
  • Options
    nagisannagisan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [Solution] Update 10: For "CrypticError: Oops! Oops! Your Cryptic application has crashed. To help us out, please indicate what was going on at the time of the crash, while we gather information." messages, close Teamviewer and Mumble if you have them opened.

DisplayFusion (multi-monitor desktop management software) also causes this issue....so close before trying to play if you are using it.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having no joy with the launch, without a character or a way to build one I guess I'm out of luck. DDO character creation takes 5 min. I guess I'll have to wait to play computer 4th Ed.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waiting for 3 more GB of patches.
This discussion has been closed.