What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    car3fulcar3ful Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whoever still got the "Oops"- Error when trying to log in.
    If you do not have teamviewer or mumble installed but DisplayFusion, here might be the solution for your problems:

Open DisplayFusion , go to Settings, click the Compatability Tab and add CrypticError.exe and Neverwinter.Exe (from the game directory) to the list. Uncheck all the boxes, apply all the changes, and try to run the game.
  • Options
    zrk420zrk420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now my launcher can't patch....again...
  • Options
    hubeijames2hubeijames2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher will not patch. I log in normally, it connects and checks the game version, and then goes to "Patching." However it never progresses to actually downloading the game.

I have let it sit waiting for a long time and no progress.
  • Options
    leotazakileotazaki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    here also!

"FATAL ERROR: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Bin/kb.Bin:
  • Options
    vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    You need the old .exe that used to have fix yesterday.

I copied it yesterday when i was replacing it with the one Cryptic published, but it doesn't work right now.

You gotta use the original .exe not the one that has the link on this first post!
  • Options
    iamleonardiamleonard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher will not patch. I log in normally, it connects and checks the game version, and then goes to "Patching." However it never progresses to actually downloading the game.

I have let it sit waiting for a long time and no progress.

Same problem here, you think maybe its cuz everyone's trying to patch and therefore its slow?
  • Options
    lervoldlervold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    applied the same fix to this same problem and it is working now.
  • Options
    iamleonardiamleonard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok I did some trial and error and this worked for me.

1)Start Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del)
    2)Click the Processes Tab
    3)Look for all processes called "GameClient.exe" and end the processes

It should get your patchers up and running
  • Options
    hubeijames2hubeijames2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iamleonard wrote: »
    Ok I did some trial and error and this worked for me.

1)Start Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del)
    2)Click the Processes Tab
    3)Look for all processes called "GameClient.exe" and end the processes

It should get your patchers up and running

This is the solution. Thanks.
  • Options
    divinitatisdivinitatis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get the issue that "The webbpage cannot be shown in this program" error both in launcher and in IE. suggestions on a solution?
  • Options
    dadishdadish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get a white screen when running Neverwinter.exe with these letters 攼㹭潌摡湩⹧倠敬獡⁥慷瑩㰮支㹭 at the top.
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The game close when i finish tutorial quest. "Fatal error" and "Map not found" when i try reconect.

"Fatal error: Hog file incorrect/ unreadable version: 7
    Technical Details: Hog file incorrect / unreadable version:7"
  • Options
    nizzzaynizzzay Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the hell man everytime i tried to log in it says retrieving character list then disconnected from log in server if it has to do with the game being over loaded yall shouldve of thought of that before releasing it -.-
  • Options
    greatgingigreatgingi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems legit
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    can someone respond to me so i know for sure why it keeps disconnecting me from the log in server?
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher gives the same error as yesterday before the fix 'the patchclient got a message while it was in a state of no response function'
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i understand this is still beta but they should have known tons of people would flock to this game i mean really i cant even connect to the log in server i get disconnected everytime i try
  • Options
    kegoragekegorage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I right clicked on the N shortcut - properties - file location - reran the setup - at least I got the launcher window and it's updating now. Or it may just be teasing me again.
  • Options
    xarethxareth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    car3ful wrote: »
    If you do not have teamviewer or mumble installed but DisplayFusion, here might be the solution for your problems:

Open DisplayFusion , go to Settings, click the Compatability Tab and add CrypticError.exe and Neverwinter.Exe (from the game directory) to the list. Uncheck all the boxes, apply all the changes, and try to run the game.

I love u...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Hey one of you flippin gms wanan respond to some of us why am i getting disconnected from log in server??? downloaded this game 3 days ago and yesterday couldnt log in today still cant log in where the hell are the fixes???
  • Options
    jogoskanindragonjogoskanindragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Only me with this problem?

"Fatal error: Hog file incorrect/ unreadable version: 7
    Technical Details: Hog file incorrect / unreadable version:7"
  • Options
    deathscythe19deathscythe19 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the dragon shard just went down just wondering if its being worked on
  • Options
    momoironekomomoironeko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    130501 19:41:47 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    still got that even after the new .exe fix
  • Options
    kegoragekegorage Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in, that actually worked. Thank me : p
  • Options
    sakuragixlsakuragixl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xareth wrote: »
    I love u...
    car3ful wrote: »

w...t...f...this TOTALLY solved my issue!!!

How did you ever solve this?! Omg saviour...wow someone mod him or osmething lol been going out of my mind trying to fix this!!! Well one part is done...

As soon as I did this and opened the launcher I knew it was different cause I saw the launcher version. Thanks again car3ful!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    seriostvafanseriostvafan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    130501 19:41:47 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
    still got that even after the new .exe fix

Got the same problem, can't get my launcher to work (again)... worked fine 12h ago
  • Options
    tiyassomutiyassomu Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot login in game getting errors even after replacing the launcher with the new one. Anyone help ? nwissue.jpg
    sizzertruthninjaedit.png
  • Options
    smirnosmirno Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hello today i download game i have some question: acc and pass are the same in web and luncher ? cause i have problem to log in i am log in oin web but when i try in luncher i have negative response invalid pass or acc name never have issue with this can someone help me?
  • Options
    lorkaiilorkaii Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got this one :

"FATAL ERROR: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue.: Bin/missiontag.Bin:

Any help ?
  • Options
    azthiothazthioth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have written some of this stuff down, but fisrt you all need to read the original post for solutions to a lot of these questions. There are several tho that have not been written down.

1. Download the new .exe and replace the old one with the new one (see OP)
    2. Make sure that the error recording software is still not running. Check your tray or process tab under the "ctrl+alt+del" function
    3. With the launcher up and being logged in, open options, then check the box that says, "Disable on-demand patching."

This solves most "stuck" situations such as the launcher will not allow any other imput commands and simply says, "Patching", or "connecting."
This discussion has been closed.