What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There's really nothing a game company can do, though. There's no way they can field enough resources to handle the people who try it for a week, and then survive when the population drops to 1/10th as much the next week. It's just not feasible.

I hold the WoW metric, where the servers were absolutely borked for a month and loot scoot made looting next to impossible. Beat that, and hey! Good job.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    pinkysansbrainpinkysansbrain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why are you purposely blocking us untill the server load lowers ? Answer me this question and I'm fine .

Are you seriously asking this question? No one's "purposely blocking" you from anything. They ran into some technical difficulties, and they're sorting it out. Pointing fingers and accusing them of intentionally <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> their own launch is juvenile.
    zmihaie80 wrote: »
    except it's happening for ALL Cryptic's games

It happened immediately after open beta started. It's Neverwinter that caused it.
  • Options
    uedajiruuedajiru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol it sux we cant play, but still this wait is nothing so far. I remember waiting 10 hours or more to play wow expansions bcause of login crashes. Prity sure this wont be that long, and the game is up there are people in game, patience is a vertu, we waited this long to play whats afew hours compared to weeks.
  • Options
    ajilakajilak Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Way to block the non paying users from playing the game .

Kinda badly handled situation we have here, they obviously didnt expect so many players and i doubt they have financial problems to keep some extra servers open.
  • Options
    humanswordhumansword Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks guys, wish you luck with reparing this!
  • Options
    lifenuggetslifenuggets Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Muhahaha i got it too patch!
  • Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People I even paid for my account and still can not get in so they are not blocking anyone on purpose. chill and give them a bit
  • Options
    datgregdatgreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe I am seeing the same white launcher that you guys are seeing. From what I've looked at the neverwinter launcher is either incompatible with the display devices inherent in windows 7 and 8 or that it having issues with the display from google chrome or both. I was able to turn off the rounded corners and things like that from windows 7 and am able to login but cannot display the button to start up the game. I dunno if this helps anyone but I was at least able to get rid of the blank white screen by dumbing down my display settings.

I'm not sure if it means anything but the symbol "$" in the launcher's code seems to be broken as well.
  • Options
    ragnarog3ragnarog3 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :mad:
    too bad...when the count down was going and those who pay were on it was working.....sad to say...but this could cost the game some people that want to see the game before they start forking out any money into it...go away... like myself I would like to see its worth before dropping any money into it
  • Options
    purpleorbespurpleorbes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 186 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I thought purchasing the Hero of the North pack is supposed to get you logged in before most? Are there people able to log on now or is EVERYBODY blocked???? If everybody was/is blocked then that's fine but if people are able to get in, It should be the people that helped the devs pay for it first.
    ....Now let the hate come...
  • Options
    ikabikabegoikabikabego Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can you tell us approximately how much time will it take
  • Options
    terraseraph69terraseraph69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Jimmies rustled across all those wielding "daddy's +5 credit card"
  • Options
    zmihaie80zmihaie80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It happened immediately after open beta started. It's Neverwinter that caused it.
    NeverWinter is the cause but not the issue (the core of the problem) it happened before with StarTrek OnLine and they still did not learned from it

it's the login servers that are over capacity, they use the same login servers for all Cryptic's games
  • Options
    kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good news for us: Everyone can play now.
    Bad news for us: Everyone hit login at the same time and broke it.

Good news for Cryptic: Your game is so popular we broke the login trying to get in.
    Bad news for Cryptic: We're going to flame with hate cause we broke the login and can't play cause we broke it.

Some things just never change huh? Lol. Wanna ask all the complainers out there something, "Would you like a bib and cheese to go with that whine?"
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I thought purchasing the Hero of the North pack is supposed to get you logged in before most? Are there people able to log on now or is EVERYBODY blocked???? If everybody was/is blocked then that's fine but if people are able to get in, It should be the people that helped the devs pay for it first.
    ....Now let the hate come...

No one is being blocked.
  • Options
    mappyislove11mappyislove11 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i'm going to lay it out there, is this game pay to win and do i have to purchase something to get reach max level?
  • Options
    ninedragonzninedragonz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wonder how much bandwidth they allocated for people downloading the clients direct from their servers and how many new logins they anticipated for the Open Beta. It was like... as the timer hit 1 minute left, everything just slowed down....
  • Options
    amad0riusamad0rius Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thx for quick answer ;)
    i hope fix not to long
  • Options
    huntresslilithhuntresslilith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited April 2013
    We're still on it. We'll have a solution implemented really soon. The cause was because many excited fans couldn't wait to log in and play Neverwinter.

Whip the kobolds harder till they start running their little treadmills more and get the launchers working again!
  • Options
    peneloetvaanpeneloetvaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    neverwinter nights 3?????
  • Options
    adila1adila1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    we flame becouse they made it breakable :P
  • Options
    w0lfpcakfanw0lfpcakfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they can not handle the amount of people now (mid day East coast), then I shudder for them after 5pm EDT.
  • Options
    lifenuggetslifenuggets Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My game crashes on the loading screen. :O
  • Options
    doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Servers up
  • Options
    mappyislove11mappyislove11 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ow and do i have to pay for some dungeons to get it unlocked? the thing where if i don't have money i have to grind one dungeon till i can reach the next free dungeon? something like that? DDO has that and I hated it. does this game have that too?
  • Options
    whiteoak1whiteoak1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    Good news for us: Everyone can play now.
    Bad news for us: Everyone hit login at the same time and broke it.

Good news for Cryptic: Your game is so popular we broke the login trying to get in.
    Bad news for Cryptic: We're going to flame with hate cause we broke the login and can't play cause we broke it.

Some things just never change huh? Lol. Wanna ask all the complainers out there something, "Would you like a bib and cheese to go with that whine?"

How about some crab too? I hear crabs go real well with in fighting.
  • Options
    obisnipekenobiobisnipekenobi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im looking forward to this game too :o
  • Options
    nadaclosnadaclos Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nom nom nom nom
  • Options
    doomtrigger1doomtrigger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1 hour later and the servers are still down and i like how ppl are saying this is like diablo 3 launch diablo 3 had nothing like this at all
  • Options
    drzeyusdrzeyus Banned Users Posts: 87
    edited April 2013
    I still worry even after fixing the loggin issue. The servers are goin to be bogged down totally.

So far this has been the worst beta launch i been apart of.

i Still cant wait to play this but not gettin my hopes up to much
This discussion has been closed.