What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher issues - Read the first post for solutions

Comments

• Options
    cintarracintarra Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wonder how many people are still hitting that button ....
  • Options
    necrosi85necrosi85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Actually after few try for me it say patching so probly fixing? even if still half white
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wolfy0 wrote: »
    The developers don't need to be focusing on reading through the constant complaints, we should leave this thread alone so when there is a change it will be that much easier for everyone to see.

Just follow the dev tracker
    21.jpg
  • Options
    uthanieluthaniel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's the millions of BR's trying to flood the game! Just tell em they will have to pay 10$ for the launcher fix all the BR's will leave and bam, the people who actually help pay to keep the servers up will be able too play!
    reizeprime wrote: »
    Hmm...nobody should be complaining, because we all knew beforehand the chinamen are QA-ing the game, so its perfectly normal.

Oh, look, the Open Beta has barely just started and there's already toxic prejudicial players joining the community! Woo.
  • Options
    metaliosmetalios Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Everyone needs to calm down, it is BETA which means not final product. You can stress test anything you want and still cannot be prepared for everything. Neverwinter is a very popular name I wouldn't be surprised if a million plus people hit login at the same time. No login server could handle that at the same time. Let them work be patient, after all 80% of you haven't paid anything at all so why complain. Look at us founder's were not complaining, we know that it will be fixed in due time, hence why its just now hitting Open beta. (BTW Open beta's are stress tests for live application situations)
  • Options
    avaleanavalean Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    you want old and broke? Try as far back as when I betaed in 1990 LOL but still one would figure they would have done better stress test on servers with a preclient upload before open beta release. Some one did not close tzhe loop me thinks.
  • Options
    willapawillapa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    really? i take it you never played the F2P server(FREEPORT) for the first six months of its existance. it was a joke down more than up... please don't shine SOE to be something uber, cause they are on the same level with the rest of them!
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    caplval wrote: »
    And yet no game company have learned the lesson.

There is no lesson to be learned. If too many people try to log on at once things go badly and that is a very difficult to problem to account for.
  • Options
    elkysiumelkysium Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So after update, screwed up, typical. I take days off to play this and now can't. How hard can it be to fix a launcher issue...Patch was from 12AM-1AM and still not fixed?
    Dragon Shard:
    Dorlin: Level 65 GF/2nd Account: Calias/62
    Elkysium: Level 65 CW/2nd Account: Krystalyn/62
    Artemis: Level 65 TR/2nd Account: Fayne/62
    Zantoth: Level 65 DC/2nd Account: Nemea/62
    Kryndar: Level 65 HR/2nd Account: Lilith/62
    Goreb: Level 65 GWF/2nd Account: Tysha/62
    Bamidor: Level 65 OP/2nd Account: Valindra/62
  • Options
    eivieeivie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    whiteoak1 wrote: »
    Now now children, and adults, attempting to log in right now is like hitting a broken valve (Not steam, but like a pipe), it only works on Russian Space Stations, US Rockets, and on giant drills looking for Atlantis.

So, unless the log in server is made in Taiwan, bashing it more does more damage than harm :3 So, until its fixed, please feel free to look up original Dungeons and Dragons, or pull out your old rulebooks, and remember how good we have it now.

LMFAO too true!
  • Options
    metaphyzxxmetaphyzxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It seems like they have a LOT more people waiting to get in than anticipated.
  • Options
    lifenuggetslifenuggets Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like they should have invested in some mudkips!
  • Options
    deputatudeputatu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is how I fixed it.

Start the launcher until you at least see a few of the buttons (it happens once every 20 launches or so) and on options check "Force Verify". Restart launcher (till you get the pseudo login screen) enter your acc details press enter, wait for patch > Play.

Hope it helps
  • Options
    penpen0t7penpen0t7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hakuna Matata bros.
  • Options
    zethernszetherns Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Open Beta = Beta Tester = fixing the Problem. :)
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited April 2013
    We're still on it. We'll have a solution implemented really soon. The cause was because many excited fans couldn't wait to log in and play Neverwinter.
  • Options
    mundanedannymundanedanny Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is no different from any other Cryptic game launch. I actually had higher hopes for a better launch. I've been playing since last week and everything was running smoothly. Obviously they (once again) didn't anticipate this much activity.
  • Options
    otmotormouthotmotormouth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for being patient.

You spelled "impatient ******bags" wrong.
  • Options
    necrosi85necrosi85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deputatu wrote: »
    This is how I fixed it.

Start the launcher until you at least see a few of the buttons (it happens once every 20 launches or so) and on options check "Force Verify". Restart launcher (till you get the pseudo login screen) enter your acc details press enter, wait for patch > Play.

Hope it helps

Actually is what i've said some post ago as well about new patch..but childs have to qq about the wait :) nothing new on the sun
  • Options
    demonstorms56demonstorms56 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    really wanted to getinto the world and look about before I had to leave for a few hours bc after I getback ill be getting on ddo to tr and just ugh I hate this white screen lol
    Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War
  • Options
    zmihaie80zmihaie80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zindalius wrote: »
    It is now approximately 12:30 EST,and I have the same blank launcher screen for a long time,then it goes to just fonts and no graphics,but still won't log in due to Cryptic Error. So far during all the beta its been fantastic. Good luck on the fix,but ITS STILL BETA folks,not launch!
    except it's happening for ALL Cryptic's games
  • Options
    muntaamuntaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    GO GO PINPOINT...keep at it
  • Options
    muie96muie96 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any idea approximately how much will it take ? :s I know you put up hard work, but just approximately to know..
  • Options
    samvidsamvid Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that's awesome......looking forward to this!
  • Options
    mappyislove11mappyislove11 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thank you for the reply, atleast now we know that it is already being worked on
  • Options
    terraseraph69terraseraph69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Woo 2:51AM here in australia standing by.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We're still on it. We'll have a solution implemented really soon. The cause was because many excited fans couldn't wait to log in and play Neverwinter.

Way to block the non paying users from playing the game .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    ohsosykoohsosyko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    man its 11:51am and the launcher still aint workin wtf broskiis? i been waiting forever to play this game please fix it fast :/
  • Options
    kabusiekabusie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i hoop its not taking to long. Zzz
  • Options
    drakhalandrakhalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for the updates.
This discussion has been closed.