test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Guide] Companion info and a bit of a guide

Comments

• civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited April 2013
    What happened to the Bear companion or the Bear Mont they were avail on beta 3 I purchased the Bear mount in beta 3 and I had it avail for beta 4 but you could no longer buy it...it looked great though

Do you have a picture? I'll add it to my section with the boar and the mercenary for pets that I don't know the source for anymore.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, this was a good read, I had no clue about pets in NWO.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • jirodynejirodyne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    losse1 wrote: »
    Thanks, this was a good read, I had no clue about pets in NWO.

They aren't pets. Pets at the very least can do more than 1 thing every 20+ seconds, and you can tell it to do things.

No, these are companions! Walking, moving, mobile Tanks. Cause that is all they are good for, face tanking enemies while you kill everything. They serve no other purpose.
    Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    THANKS! I am considering the honey badger and your write up helped make the decision.
  • draugotdraugot Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had a tomb spider companion that I got in the zen store.
    2 attacks bite poison damage and rake physical damage.
    It had 3 offensive rune slots and three gear slots I can't remember what they were.
    The skins changed the color scheme.
    I think when I purchased it they classified it as a control class.
  • myhoneyassmyhoneyass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Anyone know what skills the 2nd companion has from the quest reward in the Grave Yard? (The Cleric) Green Companion. Are they different from the white quality Cleric?
    Member of the Bitter End Trading Company
    http://betco.guildlaunch.com
  • zynk0zynk0 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Missing Companions IMO the companions that have disappeared from the vendors are going to be found in the lockboxes so they can sell the keys needed to open them. (you will notice it was the most popular pets in use that disappeared)
  • gertona2gertona2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 60
    edited April 2013
    I want to know the difference between the Ioun Stones (except max level difference), I want one for my CW
    Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!
  • civildudecivildude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 78
    edited April 2013
    zynk0 wrote: »
    Missing Companions IMO the companions that have disappeared from the vendors are going to be found in the lockboxes so they can sell the keys needed to open them. (you will notice it was the most popular pets in use that disappeared)

That's what I fear. I really liked the boar companion because it fit so well with my dwarven fighter. If the only way to get it is from a lockbox I won't even try. One of the few things I've learned is to not spend money on anything in an MMO that is a gamble because I will always lose that gamble.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • hawneehawnee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    There is another post about the unicorn mount being missing and in a linked video it was said some they are saving for expansions so not sure they will all appear in lockboxes some are to be added later.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I assume this is the spellblade: first image

I'm not sure what the other one is: 2nd image.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • asboeasboe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any possability of adding a price list and a purchase location for each pet //companion like vendor 26 etc? i did hear that the vendor numbers change but i dont see why they would.
    great post thanks
    edited April 2013
    asboe wrote: »
    Is there any possability of adding a price list and a purchase location for each pet //companion like vendor 26 etc? i did hear that the vendor numbers change but i dont see why they would.
    great post thanks

Currently you can get all the known ones I've listed from the emporium in Protectors Enclave. It's the building that the companion quest takes you to at 16. Vendors are on the right side as you walk through the building. Prices and such have been fluctuating so I was going to wait for release to do something like that.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • cirenzicirenzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Great info here. Has anyone heard what rating the founder pack pets will have? I'm getting the dire wolf from the Guardian pack and wonder if it will be blue or purple. I'd imagine that the Hero pack panther would be (or should be) purple.
    edited April 2013
    None of them have been available in any of the beta weekends so I have no idea. The wolf from the store was only green so I hope the guardian pack wolf is atleast blue since I'll be using him. Well unless they put the boar back in, my dwarf character needs a good battleboar pet.
    inDAm9VkKqVQA.png
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The guardian dire wolf is purple. I've seen this with my own eyes.
  • cirenzicirenzi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Mine eyes have seen the glory.... I mean, yay! Thanks for the info.
  • mazzlesmazzles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Here's a picture of the Bear, second skin I believe.
    The last one is practically black (all skins were unlocked before BW4).

RIP Bearicade and Cowpony :c
    I really hope they don't end up in boxes, I'll cry.

th_bearicade.png th_cowpony.png
    1PxMOdN.png

Oh, I didn't know this was a PvP-focused game, my bad.
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they put kobolds back in the zen store, I'm totally going to purchase one and name him Deekin. <3

What about Meepo?

Does anyone know if the dancing sword is any good? Or is it bad like the shield?
    I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)
  • myhoneyassmyhoneyass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Does anyone know if the dancing sword is any good? Or is it bad like the shield?

The Dancing Sword (freaking sweet and if fighting same level mobs, Destroys them outright!) The Dancing Sword was 900,000 AD and not worth the price. If it cost 25% of that then I would say yes I would recomend it without reservations. At level 12 it had a sweet skin and fighting the same level mobs it could solo a encounter due to its massive HP. It has a stab attack every 8 secs that hits same level mobs for 550 give or take and a slashing attack that hits for 130 to 200 every 2secs. Has no taunt at all.

Now anyone know what skills the 2nd companion has from the quest reward in the Grave Yard? (The Cleric) Green Companion. Are they different from the white quality Cleric?
    Member of the Bitter End Trading Company
    http://betco.guildlaunch.com
  • stryciumstrycium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the interesting read! Didn't get the chance to play beta and I'm very excited to play!
  • fredbakanfredbakan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 64
    edited April 2013

what kind of comapanion is it? dps, guard etc.
  • argantisargantis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can always use this video I posted on YouTube to check out various prices and abilities, etc. of companions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HD8WtWEW2g

7:35 Zen Market (Store)
    15:20 Trade Bar Merchant (lockbox items)
    17:00 Wonderous Bazaar (Astral Diamond Trader)
    20:40 Companion Vendor (several different currencies)
    23:20 Glory (PvP) Trader
    24:50 Vault of Piety (Ardent Favor Trade)
    26:07 Vault of Piety (Celestial Cynergy Trade)
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone tried/used a Hawk? How was it? How much did it cost?
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The dire wolf is a striker companion with a little crowd control when he knocks targets prone.

I used a hawk in the first beta weekend and liked it. It is a fast and mobile single target dps guy.
    edited April 2013
    Thanks Doc. Much appreciated.
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Has anyone tried/used a Hawk? How was it? How much did it cost?

I used the hawk as well. He is a good single target dpser for sure. I was using my rogue with him and well.... I dont recommend it :P

By the time the Hawk gets his big attack off, the target is dead already :P

Also, I did lose him in dungeons.. As did the ghost. Not sure what is going on there. I did a bug report on it.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • jaynpcjaynpc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    devoted cleric with a cleric companion, is that a good combo?
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the info. Very handy
  • giddoengiddoen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nicely done good sir!