test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Medieval--Recruiting Mature Gamers

kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
www.guildmedieval.com

We are playing on Beholder!

Guild Medieval was founded in 2001 as a haven for Diablo 2 players wishing to play in a mature, safe environment free of hacks and obnoxious behavior. We have since branched out to DDO, D3, WoW, and PoE (and hope to add Grim Dawn in the future). In DDO we are known as The Silver Legion, and have become one of the largest, most successful, and stable guilds on Cannith.

We will be duplicating our efforts here, offering a home to any gamer that recognizes the value in our level of organization and sterling reputation. We are family-friendly, helpful, and courteous. Thematically, we are built around the idea of feudal kingdoms and orders of knights with a strong code of conduct. Many of our members form friendships that last beyond the games we play. Some have even gotten married.

We are always recruiting, and our requirements are strict.

*No Profanity.
*No Harassment.
*No Sexism/Racism/Bigotry.
*No Hacks.
*No Cheating.

We encourage fair play, courtesy, and camaraderie, with players both in-guild and out.

Register on our forum to see our full list of rules and policies, and fill out the application. All serious applications are considered and replied to--this means filling out the reason for joining with more than just a couple sentences. Responses are usually within 48 hours. Check back for PMs on our forums regarding your application. Applications with little information, poor grammar, or generally showing a lack of earnestness will not be considered.

To reiterate, we are highly selective. We are a guild of friends, and it's hard to make new friends with someone who doesn't make an effort in an introduction. Showing us you want to belong and value the same things we do will go a long way in your application.

Please use this thread for any questions you may have.

Q&A Section

Q: Are there playtime requirements?

A: None at all. Play as much as you like. Even if you quit Neverwinter, our forums are open to you (given that you have become a knight--a full and permanent member of the guild).

Q: Is Vent/Mumble required?

A: Nope. Some members have hearing difficulties or just don't like using it. Some have to have it off for household considerations. You will need to communicate by text chat though.

Q: Is it required to use the guild forums?

A: Yes! We are first and foremost an online community, one that happens to play games together. You do not have to be a posting maniac, but you do have to show that you can and will participate.

Q: It's okay to swear, talk about doing drugs, sex, and other "adult" topics, right?

A: Well, no. When we say "mature" we also mean having the ability to keep polite company. We are family-friendly, meaning we keep things we don't want our children hearing out of our guild gaming. You can swear to your heart's content with your mic off, but we keep our forums and chat clean.

Q: What are your age requirements?

A: Under 16 we take some consideration. Otherwise age is not a factor. As long as you are mature in thought and action, that's enough. We also have a special "Page" rank for younger children of members.

Q: What does your guild provide to its members?

A: A safe and friendly gaming environment. That's all. We get you away from griefers, cheaters, the dishonest, and the people you just don't want to be around. We have lots of nice members who gladly share loot and will help you in many and various ways, but none of that is guaranteed. A lot of what you get out is what you put in. Share and be helpful, and you'll see it come right back to you.

Q: How skilled/experienced do I have to be to join?

A: Skill and experience are not factors in joining or becoming full members of Guild Medieval. We have very skilled players and players that are still learning the game. We are only concerned about the person in front of the screen. If you have the qualities we share that make you a good person, and not necessarily a good player, we will be happy to have you.

Q: I put in an application but didn't hear back. Was I not accepted? What should I do?

A: Check your spam folder, check your PMs on our site, post in open forum we have for waiting applicants, reply to this thread, or speak to me personally. Once you are accepted, you'll have a rank of "Squire" and will be able to view the rest of our forums. Check that even if you did not receive a welcome letter by e-mail.
Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

Guild Medieval Recruitment Topic
Post edited by kobuirisgames on

Comments

• baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    hey Kobu (russ KN of GM-- zorrinna)good to see Gm branching out to here
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • xbattleheartxxbattleheartx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Nice to see a rep from DDO Cannith Server make their presence known :) - Good group of folks
    Into the Heart of Battle I go - blade sharp and purpose clear...
  • thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    We recruit the player, not the pixels.

We recruit for life, not for a particular game.

We exist on our forums, not in a particular game.

We strive to be the change we want to see.

We die doing what's right.

We get by with a little help from our friends.

We make everything better, even if just a little bit.

When we leave, we are missed.

We are Guild Medieval.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Heya russ. Heya drakkos. Good to see you here. I'm looking forward to regrouping with a lot of the DDO folks here.
    Maturity, Fair Play, Family Friendly. Sound good? Apply today at www.guildmedieval.com

• thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Hiyas folks.

Just a quick note:

I delete your application if its less than a paragraph. More than a paragraph is better, of course, but I'm more interested in quality than quantity, and the ability to carry a conversation in a bucket.

"hi i join your guild" or "my friend said join this guild" or "i agree with your rules please invite" will be autodeleted, and I will be doing my guild a service.

Thanks for the interest.

www.guildmedieval.com

• elspethtirelnwelspethtirelnw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 200 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    thedrakkos wrote: »
    Bouncing from forum to forum, waiting for this to start.

*vibrates*

I hope you haven't come down with a case of the shaking plague. :eek:
    | Banners of the Light | Recruitment is open | End Game PvE and PvP |
    | Lust | Level 60 Guardian Fighter 15.8k GS|
    edited March 2013
    Up to level 7, this is good.

Its ok, if i have the shakes, my toon in DDO is a cleric.

www.guildmedieval.com

• texikantexikan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well made it to lvl 8 and Karzov before dieing. Is there a guild roster for this game yet? Are guilds even active yet in Beta other than recruiting? Hope you all are enjoying.
    edited March 2013
    my char name is ( baalah ) i am a fighter lvl 6 right now, just left the protectors enclave region , had to stop for night as lag was getting horrible due to high number of ppl coming online. feel free to add baalah as a friend. My in game ID is baalah@baalah1 use that to find me using friend search.
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
    edited March 2013
    Morning folks.

www.guildmedieval.com

edited March 2013
    well Baalah is a lvl 10 fighter now, me and one other player teamed up to take out Karzov in blacklake district. i really am not far from lvl 11 now, very anxious for beta weekend 3 now :D
  • kobuirisgameskobuirisgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We had some fun and some hurdles as all of us were new this beta weekend. I'm looking forward to this next one. Anyone out there interested, please send in an app and come in pre-launch to our forums to meet your guildies playing this game and others. :)

edited March 2013
    Morning folks.

www.guildmedieval.com

edited March 2013
    hey hey Drakkos
    edited March 2013
    got myself another BETA key for session #3 :cool:
    edited March 2013
    Looking forward to it.

www.guildmedieval.com

edited March 2013
    Morning folks!

www.guildmedieval.com

edited March 2013
    our biggest challenge will be to 5+ ppl not only online but in same instance so the guild can be created. So- here is a proposal, once online take char to protectors enclave and go to near tent of guild creation guy, from that point we can decide on an instance all of us can reach using mumble, or guild text chat.
  • kojekoje Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hello!

I've been looking for a good family friendly mature guild. I expect to be playing Neverwinter with my sons and I prefer a guild where I dont have to worry about cursing or adult topics, especially with the built in voice chat system. I also liked the idea of a "page" rank for member's kids.

Before I apply, I would like to know a little more about the guild which is tough since we can't access your forums without being a member :)

I was wondering about the size of the guild. About how many members do you expect to be playing at launch?

What timezone do most member play from? I'm east coast US and mostly play in the evenings around 9-11 PM EST. I'm looking for a guild where most members will be active at that time.

I was able to play in beta 2 and have a key for beta 3 so maybe I can meet up with a few members this weekend. I also have several characters in SWTOR. Send me a PM.
    edited March 2013
    Hello koje. Being a multi-game guild, numbers are a bit tricky. We have over 1200 registered members but that's over many years and many people coming and going. I believe we are somewhere north of 100 active DDO players which may give a good idea of where we'll end up here.

We have 9 members that have announced they are in the beta. I suspect we have more floating out there that are just taking it in while soloing. After the first week of launch or so I'd guess about 20 would be listed in the guild. We'll be actively recruiting and promoting cross-game so the numbers should jump fairly early. I believe we were in the 30s a couple weeks into launching our DDO branch.

We're international so timezones are all over the place. Peak DDO times have generally been early evening to late night for US. We generally end up with a few static groups that meet at off-peak times too.

edited March 2013
    koje, i would still recommend looking at G medieval, they do stress character by means of NO swearing in forums or in game, be respectful at all times, just all common sense stuff, basically just be a mature adult while with us. I think you would like being a part of this extended virtual family.
    edited March 2013
    Morning folks!

www.guildmedieval.com

edited March 2013
    Thanks for the applications. We'll get replies out sometime today.

You've still got time to get in before our in-game guild meetup on Friday night. We'll also be active across the rest of the weekend. It's a great chance to meet some of our members while we begin to explore the game together.

• scooter1779scooter1779 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm reading this thread and filling out an app. I am 50 but, not always mature. I need a laid back Guild that understands 3 dogs, 1 wife, 2cats, and 1 grandson with as much energy as any ten people I've met. Seems like you guys understand some of us tend to do a lot of in and out unfortunately.
    edited March 2013
    Morning folks.

Applications replied to, please check your emails. Thanks for the interest.

Regards.

www.guildmedieval.com

edited March 2013
    Finished off more replies and sent out some acceptance letters with instructions for forum access. Please make sure you follow-up and come meet us on our forums.

edited March 2013
    more members--woohooo bring em on, we will welcome them all
  • scooter1779scooter1779 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't wait, although wife is making me take her out for dinner.
    edited March 2013
    Morning Folks!

www.guildmedieval.com

edited March 2013
    Morning! Guild is set up in game. We've got new recruits on along with long time members. Fun!

This discussion has been closed.