test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What race will you play first in Neverwinter at launch?

cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
We're back with another comment to win contest! This time we're awarding two Neverwinter Starter Kits, one each to a lucky fan!

Let us know which race you can't wait to play in game first at launch.

This contest will end February 13, 2013, at 12pm Pacific (PST).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    If you mean at launch...
    I can't wait to play the Drow with the Menzoberanzan Renegade Background :D

Otherwise if the first CBT Weekend Counted, Half-Elf. First half-elf I have played since BG and I loved it!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I am really looking forward to playing a Forgotten Realms' Drow! One day, I hope to play a Half-Dragon but understand this may never come to light due to the 4e Rules (I miss 1/2 Dragons! Council of Wyrms rocked!).
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unusually I'm going to say Elf, I've always liked races that have an affinity to nature. Would like to see Eladrin come to the game soon though!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't wait to try a Half Orc if it's released I also need a barbarian to be released with that Haldf Orc! Well, what are you reading this for you developers? Start coding my half orc barbarian! :p

If CBW1 counts, Half elf with my cleric was what I made and had a lot of fun. Of course I have no other details about anything earlier....

But what race I will play at launch likely will be a tiefling if wizard or Human if GWF. Bob is the latter's choice since I played him in multiple tabletop editions for a long time now.

Personally wanted an Eladrin but somebody didn't make that race yet...*sniff*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jayicidejayicide Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If they're available, then the Half-Orc will be my race of choice! If not, then I'll probably stick with my Half-Elf.
    nwbeta01.png
  • Options
    kinkad13kinkad13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be rolling up a Tiefling rogue, most the time I would have said Drow or Halfling but really like the looks of the Tiefling models want to see all the armor looks on them. Plus if your going to be stealthing around backstabing people helps to have a little devil in you :)
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Menzoberranzan Renegade Drow elf. I really want to see what sort of flavor it adds to the Drow race.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am going to play a Halfling rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    sirdregar73sirdregar73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will probably start out with a Drow control wizard if I enjoy the game play if not I will start out with a halfling Rogue which I really enjoyed playing this last weekend.
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm really excited for Teiflings though I don't know if I'll be a Controller or a Cleric. I just imagine casting some electrical spell as a Controller and having sparks between my Teifling horns :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wolfskinswolfskins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    At launch I will be playing a Drow, no doubt about it! But I love creating alts (I like playing alts, too... but CREATING is almost more fun!), so I'll have a Tiefling as a secondary launch character.
  • Options
    pugdaddypugdaddy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 249 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest! This time we're awarding two Neverwinter Starter Kits, one each to a lucky fan!

Let us know which race you can't wait to play in game first at launch.

This contest will end February 13, 2013, at 12pm Pacific (PST).

My original character concepts are just for humans right now, but half-elves are tempting (and might work for 1 of my character concepts).
    I would LOVE to see a playable race of frog-people, but I know that's really unlikely. The dragonborn sound cool and I look forward to playing one of them someday.
  • Options
    derangedheroderangedhero Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am quite eager to get my hands on the character creator, and make a beautiful, deadly Drow.

She will be feared by her enemies, and respected by those who call themselves her allies.
    They might not trust one of the children of Llolth, but they know she can be relied on to come through with her promises.
    Most will probably never know for sure if their wariness is justified, or if it is but racial prejudice: whatever her motives are, she keeps them to herself.

As the saying goes, keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
    And she plans to make plenty of close friends.
    ---
    [SIGPIC]Or am I?[/SIGPIC]
    This loony is also known as @Derangement.
  • Options
    zacke760zacke760 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    An elven female fighter, I haven't decided which of the two fighters yet however. Can't wait to give GWF a go.
  • Options
    johrmantieganjohrmantiegan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Drow, most definitely Drow! Can't wait for my first Beta Weekend!!
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Human so I can get those two extra feat points
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    gammanshadowrushgammanshadowrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My main character has always been human in any game or MMO. The guy started out as a D&D character years ago, so it's great to be able to see him fight again in the Forgotten Realms. So I can't wait to create him and see how the human racial traits will play out in Neverwinter and in whatever class I'll be choosing (I'm torn between GWF or Trickster Rogue at the moment).
  • Options
    foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be a Dwarf because they are so Wise!
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tiefling for sure.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Bwhahaha DWARF!!!!
  • Options
    varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    astralechoastralecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Half-elves have been my go-to race in DnD for the longest time, and I don't plan to change that any time soon!
    astralsig.png
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    WebsiteRecruitment
  • Options
    arcadess86arcadess86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling Wizard
  • Options
    smackphattsmackphatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So little love for the race of humans! I intend to make a whole stable of interrelated humans.
  • Options
    unepitaphedunepitaphed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Without a doubt I will be a Dwarf. Always and forever lol
  • Options
    mythhavenmythhaven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll probably start with an Elf.
  • Options
    orangelclorangelcl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dragonborn...they should have included them...
  • Options
    gprime501gprime501 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Elf rogue backstab everyone with my two daggers
  • Options
    vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Half Elf unless Dragonborn are there at launch.
This discussion has been closed.