test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What race will you play first in Neverwinter at launch?

Comments

• Options
    drentdarkskulldrentdarkskull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Half Orc when you release it. Looking forward to running around with my half Orc berserker saying "Orc smash puny human!!"

If not a half elf swordmage (or equivalent). To play out my favourite D&D character from the Bladesinger book.
  • Options
    jimbawajimbawa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely going to have to play a dwarf. The only things that would change that would be gnomes of any variety or if a psionic race ever makes it to the game.
  • Options
    grnthumbgrnthumb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think i'll be playing Human.
  • Options
    roblhoblroblhobl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Drow trickster rogue! Because I've loved stealth classes since I could use a mouse, and this game finally does it right. The class actually plays like its name suggests, it's fun, deadly, it rewards you for being smart!
    If available, I might go for a half-orc wizard or cleric though, depending on the paragons. I love me some obscure back stories...
  • Options
    ihaspotpaiz59ihaspotpaiz59 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been so excited to play this game for awhile. On the information I've seen so far, i'm thinking about playing a Half Elf Cleric. Love the idea of being able to damage and heal at the same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2013
    I'm thinking Half Elf!
  • Options
    kalectokalecto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like to start off playing a Rogue Human to be my main.
  • Options
    ozymandius73ozymandius73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf, though I would have loved for Dragonborn to actually be in the game since its a core race now since 4E.
  • Options
    delthaneshdelthanesh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I have to choose the announced ones, Tiefling, by FAR. Thanks for including it. That being said, I would rather play a Dragonborn or Mind Flayer, but I can understand the desire to keep those under wraps until they can be developed with the proper attention....I guess.... :P
  • Options
    eonsoldiereonsoldier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Human Great Weapon Fighter! And if they ever made Dragonborn a playable race that would be my first choice.
  • Options
    magaricmagaric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf definatly dwarf everyone underestimates them!
  • Options
    caine555caine555 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Halfling rogue yes its simple but simple is good
  • Options
    skinneykrnskinneykrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking forward to trying out the Human race during the launch! :D
    A human Trickster Rogue!
  • Options
    rpwolverinerpwolverine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definately dwarf no doubt about it for the beard obviously. I usually play as a tank so dwarf fits that role well and I personally love playing that race. Would be awesome to get a chance to test the game before release. Congratulations on ur successful beta weekend still have to watch most of the reviews ect but I heard it was awesome :)
  • Options
    trostol13trostol13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    far far Faaaaaaaaaaaaar to much drow love here...Drizzt totally ruined that race for me

probably play an elf..teifling or halfling
  • Options
    rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    Let us know which race you can't wait to play in game first at launch.

(Note that while I say this I have NOT read any of the books)

I will likely do a drow rogue or guardian for role playing reasons. However, this would require the $200 founders pack, which I have some pretty big reservations about getting due to my current financial situation and unknown amount of love for the game.

So... with no founders pack I'll probably do half-elf for Rogue and Tiefling for guardian.
  • Options
    grimrod614grimrod614 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since my days in everquest and practically every mmo since then...be that dark age of camelot, D&D online my first characters have always been short of stature. Which means DWARF and WARRIOR AT THAT ! HUZZZAH !
  • Options
    dinmndinmn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf (guardian fighter). The first character I create in every version of D&D. And since I have played one in the Realms he can be the same only much-much older.
  • Options
    helbrec85helbrec85 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    at launch prob gonna play Human
  • Options
    robert076robert076 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf Rogue, or Drow all the way!
  • Options
    marcvinimarcvini Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited February 2013
    As always, I will start to play a new Dungeons & Dragons adventure with a Human Cleric! A 20 years old tradition can't be broken!
    "I am Elminster of Shadowdale, called by some the Old Sage, and called far worse things by others."
  • Options
    pablopicasopablopicaso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling Warrior... Or Drow Cleric
  • Options
    kneeltothecrosskneeltothecross Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Halfling rogue
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    halfelf

wants dragonborn
  • Options
    zanatosduskwalkezanatosduskwalke Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am definitely going to roll out a Half-elf Guardian fighter. I have always loved Half-elves and usually roll one out if I can
  • Options
    runemiarunemia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to play Human or Half-elf, because they're the only races I ever played on Neverwinter series :)
  • Options
    phalonxphalonx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Myself I would have to go with a Drow Rogue. Love the Menzoberranzan Box Set. And I have run many adventure for my friends in that setting. And one of my most favorite combo was a drow rogue seaking around the city and underdark. So, yes if I was to win. I would play a drow rogue.....:)
  • Options
    devilman0xdevilman0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're back with another comment to win contest! This time we're awarding two Neverwinter Starter Kits, one each to a lucky fan!

Let us know which race you can't wait to play in game first at launch.

This contest will end February 13, 2013, at 12pm Pacific (PST).

Looking forward to playing as a Tiefling first when the game launches. Cryptic's done a nice job at their appearance. Despite a few aspects I didnt entirely care on Tieflings, overall I felt they had a nice look to them and am looking forward to creating myself as a Tiefling at launch.
  • Options
    anthraxus77anthraxus77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Elf Cleric(Devoted), I think.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Dwarf devoted cleric ;)
This discussion has been closed.