test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comment to Win: What race will you play first in Neverwinter at launch?

Comments

• jalekjalek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Assuming Dragonborn is playable on launch, I'd go with that. If not, then Drow.
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will be original and pick human race.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • lubko4lubko4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    HUMAN or ELF !
  • tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    Human... I might try others as well but I usually roll humans.
    "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    arcadess86 wrote: »
    Tiefling Wizard

Ditto! Love the look of this race and expect some perks for the class to make a sweet package.
  • nydridnydrid Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most Definitely Drow! Hopefully the renegade one. (Menzoberranzan ftw)
  • horriblishorriblis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    that would be elf. iv just always liked them
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    This would all depend on the amount of customization we can use for body types. I'd -like- to play my female bodybuilder build Drow....but that's prolly not gonna happen.

I'd like to play an evil female human battle cleric but owait. No evil deities.

Prolly stick with a human fighter just to start with.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • b3owvlfb3owvlf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cant wait to play digitally by the old pencil and paper rules. looking forward to playing a Half-Elf in Faer
  • clessvengerclessvenger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Human Cleric !
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited February 2013
    Less than a day for this contest!
  • monkeyfunkymonkeyfunky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most certainly am playing a halfling :D
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I believe I will play a Human Cleric first. Some how, I just feel that I understand humans better than the mentally of the other races. :p
  • trostol13trostol13 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    far too much Drow love..Drizzt has made them disgustingly over popular

as for me...i will go for an Elf most likely or a Halfling...
  • tepetkhettepetkhet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been an AD&D gamer since pen and paper days...still have my old "bone dice" in a box somewhere.
    I would love to resurrect my Winged Folk, but I am sure that's not going to happen.
    Provided it's playable, a female Drow Cleric, perhaps? Think I can get a snake head whip? Hmmm?

Ahhh probably not. The ol' fallback, mediocre of both worlds, Half-Elf, perhaps.

-T.
  • trollledtrollled Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really want to play a Drow but I will have to make due with an Elf for launch!
  • masteraeschylusmasteraeschylus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ling Thief, speedy and snappy. Stealing from the rich and giving it to the ladies. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All of them, except for smelly dwarves.
  • gandalesgandales Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling with daggers ftw ;)
  • demonknight33demonknight33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tiefling, hands down. I have always been fond of the various "plane-touched" type of races, like the Tiefling and Aasimar. My first character is most likely going to be a Tiefling rogue, unless by some strange miracle the ranger class makes it into launch.
  • razorlanrazorlan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have to say I'm going with elves. They just fit my playing style really well. I also tend toward hunters, for their awe inspiring ranged abilities, and thieves. Thief characters and elves go really well together because they both love to explore places where they're not always welcome.
  • draquwolfdraquwolf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Probally a half-elf warrior or cleric. I have always played half-elves when I have played Dungeons and Dragons, might as well keep up the tradition. :)
  • purewitz85purewitz85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to be playing an elf rogue.
  • tilidustilidus Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Human Rogue or Guardian fighter here ;)
  • conquest247conquest247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was all about playing the drow fighter... now after playing and leveling the half-elf healer.. i'm sold! It was awesome on DPS and heals.. many instances i had high heal and dps and so did my party members that were playing cleric. Great game and worth every penny of the $200. Thank god the beta is over or i would have not gotten much work done this week!
  • malkrissmalkriss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    definitely be playing a drow they have been one of my favorites since i first learned of them
  • whisperionwhisperion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was thinking of doing a Tiefling Wizard at first... because they're kinda cool, and as a race, not something I'd normally consider playing. That is, up until they released the Devoted Cleric trailer. A healing/support class that can do something aside from spamming heal over and over again just about made me cry tears of joy. So now I'll probably end up giving a Drow Cleric a whirl as my first instead for the sake of trying something different.
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    :eek: How did I miss this? >.>
    ]Comment to Win: What race will you play first in Neverwinter at launch?

*points to forum avatar*

Drow, in case you need me to spell it out :p

(Just like every other player that will play the game, I know. And yes, she will have brown skin [or as brownish as the game lets me get]. She's been my main since 2nd ed I can't help it >.>)
  • kallidain25kallidain25 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most likely human for my initial character.
This discussion has been closed.