test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archives] Download Issues

Comments

• malakainbreakermalakainbreaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *jimbobbyboy*

try to delete cookies and history on your web browser
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    *jimbobbyboy*

try to delete cookies and history on your web browser
    try writing a support ticket
  • warnbowwarnbow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It says Alpha when you get to the download page but after downloading, installing, and patching it says "Beta" up in the corner. Since, the patch notes for the 6th are basically a welcome for the press I think we can safely assume that we have the right file.

Not sure why they didn't send out emails but considering how we're all foaming at the mouth they probably felt confident that we'd notice when the download buttons lit up...

It took 2 hours total to download and patch. Sadly, I sat there for most of it... how sad is that?
  • daed76daed76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    looks like the launcher updated itself and no longer shows the press beta notes and no more patch notes.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    daed76 wrote: »
    looks like the launcher updated itself and no longer shows the press beta notes and no more patch notes.
    mine did too
  • miffoman84miffoman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My direct download and torrent download are still grayed and i have the guardian founders pack anyone know whats the problem ?
  • irtuirtu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    Its the first time that i download this game and for me it also says Alpha and the version is NW.1.20130128a.2.exe is this ok or is it going to cause me problems?

My patcher says .12 at the end i went to one of my friends house to look at is info on is P.C. and everything was like mine. So looks like i'm all good
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hi guys

I cant sem to dwnload the cleint. I haev tried evrything but nothing seems to help. I cant evrn access the page via my PC am having ot get on teh internet on my phone. what the hell 's wrng io dont understand?!? i can click on the link on my phone but when i open ie on my compnter nothing haoppends

please help>?

:(

What error are you getting when you try to log in to the website?

miffoman84 wrote: »
    My direct download and torrent download are still grayed and i have the guardian founders pack anyone know whats the problem ?

Please contact support!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • ardellekardellek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting infinitesimal download speeds for both the torrent and the direct download. Less than 1kb/s. I tried disabling AV, disabling Firewall, port forwarding and redownloading the downloader multiple times. If this might be a network throttling issue, I'm in the UK and regrettably stuck with BT.

Would welcome any suggestions. Thanks
  • slyntslynt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've tried to find a solution for this, but can't find anything.
    I downloaded the stuff I'm supposed to download and now I have a shiny "N" icon on my desktop.
    However, clicking it, an Internet Explorer window opens up with the following adress:

res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm

I'm clueless unless I am not supposed to see anything yet as we're a day away from beta, but from what I gather I should be able to get up a welcome screen or something.

Anyone else facing this problem, or found a solution?
    thanks
  • ardellekardellek Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ardellek wrote: »
    I'm getting infinitesimal download speeds for both the torrent and the direct download. Less than 1kb/s. I tried disabling AV, disabling Firewall, port forwarding and redownloading the downloader multiple times. If this might be a network throttling issue, I'm in the UK and regrettably stuck with BT.

Would welcome any suggestions. Thanks

A quick update. After I couldn't get either the downloader or the torrent to go any faster than snail-speed, I did the following.

I downloaded the patcher linked in this threard: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=7241, ran it, logged in and allowed it to patch. I got normal download speeds and it has finished patching. I'm able to run the executable, log in and get the "you are not allowed to play right now " message. The version number shown on the log-in screen is NW.1.20130128a.12. The total size of the folder is 3.03GB.

Does that mean I'm ready for tomorrow or is what I've done completely insane and kittens beyond number will die because of it? Do I still need the data the downloader/patcher would've downloaded?
  • drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Where should i save my files to?
  • nebrin6nebrin6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dowload Works fine, but, the calibration of screen give a lot of trouble, on Windows 8 Pro don
  • sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It doesnt even give me the ability to download it. The button is still greyed out.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
    edited February 2013
    Ok. Im downloading it and saving the files under program (x86) file. am i correct on that? that is where all my other games are saved under.
  • sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, so far this is looking to be a great investment. Their support page doesn't even work.
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    drizztfohl wrote: »
    Ok. Im downloading it and saving the files under program (x86) file. am i correct on that? that is where all my other games are saved under.

you can stick it, where ever you like.
  • jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sadgfh wrote: »
    Well, so far this is looking to be a great investment. Their support page doesn't even work.

hmm, beta!
    edited February 2013
    sadgfh wrote: »
    It doesnt even give me the ability to download it. The button is still greyed out.

try http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/NW.1.20130128a.2.exe
    edited February 2013
    How is the application in beta related to the website not working? Is the site in beta also?
    hmm, beta!
    edited February 2013
    ok, what do I need to do if it is stuck downloading? im not even getting any mb/s?
    edited February 2013
    Thanks, that gets me to the download. Not sure why they didn't just put that link in the email, or update the first post of this thread with it.
  • aziteazite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As stated here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?40101-Launcher-crashes-right-after-hitting-Launch

The Launcher crashes as soon as I click the Launch button, after inputing username and password. I have tried numerous things:

- Reinstalled using both direct D/L and Torrent
    - Launched using the file found here: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...0130128a.2.exe
    - Launched in Safe Mode
    - Compatibility mode
    - Run as Administrator
    - Disabled Sound Card
    - Rebooting

Nothing works! It's like the launch button is calling on something that doesn't exist or is corrupt. I'm using Windows 8 64x
  • brolkkbrolkk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Dude, thanks! I was getting rather irritated with the whole greyed-out business.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    azite wrote: »
    As stated here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?40101-Launcher-crashes-right-after-hitting-Launch

The Launcher crashes as soon as I click the Launch button, after inputing username and password. I have tried numerous things:

- Reinstalled using both direct D/L and Torrent
    - Launched using the file found here: http://download.perfectworld.com/nw/...0130128a.2.exe
    - Launched in Safe Mode
    - Compatibility mode
    - Run as Administrator
    - Disabled Sound Card
    - Rebooting

Nothing works! It's like the launch button is calling on something that doesn't exist or is corrupt. I'm using Windows 8 64x

Maybe a Windows 8 problem?
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok, what do I need to do if it is stuck downloading? im not even getting any mb/s?
    Could be lots of things; first thing to try is rebooting the computer.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I had this at one point, Delete all files about Neverwinter(should be in downloads if your on a Windows 7 PC. After that empty recycle bin and restart PC then download the installer again, it should work now.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey i have a question? I have downloaded the game and all.. Everything worked fine yesterday. Now on the patcher i can't put in my password.. No arrow at all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jwogenjwogen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • thejedimattthejedimatt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    430 kb/s download.... what is this the dark ages?
This discussion has been closed.