test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Archives] Download Issues

Comments

• mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Everyone just relax.. you have plenty of time to download... The servers are up and even though they're only going 4000KB/sec, at least they're going.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • ufdamayaufdamaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    The download and install worked perfect for me. I chose the standard dowload option.

I am not able to log in yet to play the game but I believe that is intentional since the beta doesn't start until Friday.

The process went very smooth. Thank you.
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yah my net is a little messed up right now so my speed is slow
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yusatatsuakiyusatatsuaki Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daed76 wrote: »
    yeah the torrent link and client link are the same thing that was downloaded through the workaround. dunno why they told us to uninstall it.

I assume because 1. it was a workaround and they don't want to reward people who outsmart things. 2. wanted the press to get speed downloads to keep them happy.
    just assumptions though. By and large though Mods advised it, not devs.
  • xorakx6xorakx6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    all good now, just took me opening and closing the launcher several times.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The version number of my patched beta client is NW.1.20130128a.12 as of right now. Notice that is a 12 not a 2.
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    ok so every download is this version : NW.1.20130128a.2
    thats for torrent and direct download so if you guys have this version too let me know
  • neutralevilneutralevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 69
    edited February 2013
    ya,its the same patcher i just uninstalled....grumble~
    [SIGPIC] KREETURE [/SIGPIC]
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    my roommate has version : NW.1.20130128a.2 as well
  • elbaldilockselbaldilocks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    both of the direct download and torrent download buttons are grey'd out for me. cant click.
    edited February 2013
    ok i got the right one now so i guess downloading the alpha version dosent matter cuz it patches to version : NW.1.20130128a.12
    not : NW.1.20130128a.2
    edited February 2013
    If I did not get an email to download the game does that mean I wont be in the beta even though i bought the guardian founders pack?
  • squiggenssquiggens Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have recieved my email for beta access and to download the client. I click the link in the Email and get sent to the download page but the options to download are both greyed out.

I have downloaded the client and torrent of the older version yesterday. When I use either of those and install, I try to login to patch but I keep getting a account error and a link just sending me to the front page of this site. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: I have just tried the same login details for Champions Online and it works fine. It appears to just be some conflict with Neverwinter login server?. Maybe I am not flagged as a Hero of the North founder?
  • typhoid242typhoid242 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Downloaded and installed without any issues. But patcher stopped at 94% for an hour+ so I figured I'd try to restart patcher. BIG misstake.. now Im recieving 2kb/min.

Funny thing, it just magically fixed itself! Patched and ready to go!!
  • vistolvistol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    First, founder and still no email.

Second, I installed but it crashes as soon as I hit submit and I get a crash submit dialog.

Tried reinstalling, same issue.

EDIT: Ok, thanks to someone else posting a hint about this being an existing issue, I was able to find the problem with the crashing.

If you crash after hitting submit and have TeamViewer, shut TeamViewer off. That fixed it for me.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Please do keep in mind folks that at this late hour, there probably won't be any responses until they get back in the office unless some of them are lurking on their own free time at home. I'm not saying to stop posting issues and questions, on the contrary, please do keep posting! Just don't expect a quick response until business hours. :)

One thing I would recommend trying for you folks who are having any issues in the patching progress getting stuck, or not appearing to start: Click on Options up top and try the different Proxy choices. Then, also try disabling or enabling On Demand patching. Keep in mind though, by disabling On Demand patching, you'll be telling the launcher to download the entire game so your download size will increase significantly!

With On Demand Patching enabled, you'll just download what is needed for the game to run. Then as you play and load new zones and content, the game will take slightly longer on the load screens while it patches "on demand." It will also sometimes download while you play in a given zone too.

Also, if you have a low download rate that just won't improve. It may be beneficial to close and restart the launcher to try and get hopped through a better relay to the patch server, depending on where you are in the World.
  • theman76theman76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am having the same problem, both buttons are greyed out for me as well. I have submitted a support ticket but have not gotten a response yet.

Now I don't know if this might be the problem but, I gave the friend key to my son to use on the computer next to me in our home. He has his own PW account and everything works for him there. He can download and patch the client. When I try to loggon to the client he downloaded I get Account error. So im wondering if the beta key is applied to the IP address instead of the PW account and the friend key is somehow overwriting my founders key.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    theman76 wrote: »
    I am having the same problem, both buttons are greyed out for me as well. I have submitted a support ticket but have not gotten a response yet.

Now I don't know if this might be the problem but, I gave the friend key to my son to use on the computer next to me in our home. He has his own PW account and everything works for him there. He can download and patch the client. When I try to loggon to the client he downloaded I get Account error. So im wondering if the beta key is applied to the IP address instead of the PW account and the friend key is somehow overwriting my founders key.
    Nay, beta keys are tied to the account. As for the rest, a Dev or Tech will need to respond.
    edited February 2013
    when will I recieve an email and if i dont will i still be able to get in on the 8th cuz have the alpha client downloaded all patched up so will i still get into beta......I mean i did pay for the guardian pack.
  • glaian2000glaian2000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My downlaod buttons are still grayed out :)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please be advised you may need to allow your firewall/security to allow the site, the software and the cookies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Please be advised you may need to allow your firewall/security to allow the site, the software and the cookies.
    i did all that and it still says download alpha
    edited February 2013
    my question is how come i have not recieved the email that everyone else got?
  • malakainbreakermalakainbreaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok in order to clarify things.

We have received an email advising that we can download the client.

Click on the link in the email. Now come the questions.

1) Following the link we get to the download page. Is this page we get the following message: Thank you for joining the Neverwinter Alpha Test!
    Is this correct or is that another message appear? Everyone will get this message?

2) We download the client and see which is the version NW.1.20130128a.2. This version is correct? Everyone will see this version?

3) Those who have downloaded the client and have been patched, the version is NW.1.20130128a.2 and after patch is updated to NW.1.20130128a.12?

Thanks for your time.
  • forgottenshadoforgottenshado Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm on hour 13 of the download. I opted for the direct download and seem to be pegged at like 40-50 kbps. Since some of your are all patched already, is anyone else experiencing this painfully slow DL speed?
  • malakainbreakermalakainbreaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I donwloan by torrent at 80-90 kbps now. Can you tell me yout client version?
  • forgottenshadoforgottenshado Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Looks like NW.1.20130128a.2 on the direct download. Don't know what it will patch to after I manage to finish the initial download of the client.
  • ileyannaileyanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My Anti Virus Program found a trojan dropper in my Neverwinter torrent download folder, I am pretty sure it's a false positive, just wantet to post it incase there are others with similar problems.
  • jimbobbyboyjimbobbyboy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi guys

I cant sem to dwnload the cleint. I haev tried evrything but nothing seems to help. I cant evrn access the page via my PC am having ot get on teh internet on my phone. what the hell 's wrng io dont understand?!? i can click on the link on my phone but when i open ie on my compnter nothing haoppends

please help>?

:(
    edited February 2013
    Same version here and is the same that i donwloaded yesterday.... i have a bad feelings
This discussion has been closed.