test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Beta Weekend details - Read this first!

Comments

• Options
    kronos6913kronos6913 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i hope i get my access for beta i got my pc gamer code and my mount but no email yet.... sigh i hate the wait.
  • Options
    mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ****, ****, ****,

CO lifer who received confirmation email yesterday but can't see anything in keys redeemed (apart from starter pack)

What is going on!!!

If you had received an email stating that you are in this weekends beta, your account has been flagged. you may not see anything on your account saying that your good to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2013
    Updated with Beta Weekend Two key giveaways from here: http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=830061.
  • Options
    tutuolaulriktutuolaulrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am a lifetime subscriber of Star Trek Online. I still didn't receive my beta key. Is this normal?
  • Options
    thetrollingwifethetrollingwife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any update on those of us who received keys from events like PAX Prime/East?
  • Options
    fallenlord00fallenlord00 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I havent seen it yet, but has anyone heard an official time that beat starts tomorrow
  • Options
    captaiobviouscaptaiobvious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    12 pst 3 pm est
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    musty wrote: »
    If you had received an email stating that you are in this weekends beta, your account has been flagged. you may not see anything on your account saying that your good to go.

I hope your right. Thanks for that though.
  • Options
    sargorethsargoreth Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    STO lifer/founder here. I couldn't find a beta key email, didn't know how to get the client, etc. after logging into my PW account and clicking on the game from their page, I found a download option under the "The Game" tab on the webpage. Downloading right now and will just hope that my account credentials are sufficient to log in tomorrow
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Counting down the hours and clock is somehow not moving
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How come under my name it doesn't say Hero like it does on others? It say pwi user
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • Options
    thorael70thorael70 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so those why subscribed for beta in the beginning before any of these promotions get last go eh?

thats pretty low, we aren't even on the list at this point.

i clicked for beta the week it was announced.
    i waited this long only to find out that dont mean anything to the devs and only paying customers are respected, look forward to see how much you restrict free players.

Why would they give some random free player person more status then some people that have paid good money for previous products etc? I got a Neverwinter beta invite for this weekend due to my 300 dollar lifetime membership to Star Trek Online, what have you contributed to this company and its games?
    Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain.
  • Options
    spicymchaggis86spicymchaggis86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    dingoballz wrote: »
    How come under my name it doesn't say Hero like it does on others? It say pwi user

You need to go into the User CP and set a title for yourself.
  • Options
    brooklynbladebrooklynblade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still havn't gotten my key for tomorrow's beta and I'm an STO Lifetime Sub member from before launch.
  • Options
    miztresssmiztresss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My boyfriend and I have the PC Gamer keys entered and showing on our accounts but there is nothing about Beta access written on that page nor have we received emails from PW. Will we still get beta access for tomorrow's beta according to the admin posts I have read or are we sol?
  • Options
    anonymousdevilanonymousdevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here,redeemed my PC gamer key in January and on the Neverwinter key page it says key redeemed Pale Horse but nothing about beta access and still no email from PW either.All the other PW games I have entered keys for were specific about being accepted into beta on my account page under keys.This is so Cryptic no pun intended or maybe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    giddoengiddoen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Syl151 I feel your pain!!!!

Cant wait...

Giddoen
    Controller Mage - till I can play a Warforged Sorcerer! :-P
  • Options
    sawlasawla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hello where can II get a beta key? I been reg for a long time and never got one in email or even when I got to a site saying give a way I never get one always out
    Commanding Officer James J. Clark
    U.S.S. Eagle NCC-98900-C
    Member of Starfleet Elite Force
    Join Date Beta to Now
  • Options
    rookransomrookransom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just go to "the Game" on the PW site, scroll down to "download", and download the game for the beta. I didn't receive an e-mail either but it says I'm in.
  • Options
    trayvintrayvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i put y pc gamer key in back during the first beta but i never got any email confirmation on wether i was in or not other then the keylogger accepting my key. am i good to go or not?
  • Options
    mantisthebeastmantisthebeast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trayvin wrote: »
    i put y pc gamer key in back during the first beta but i never got any email confirmation on wether i was in or not other then the keylogger accepting my key. am i good to go or not?

If you can download the beta client then you should be good to go. I put mine in on the first beta weekend and it told me I would not be able to download until a later date. Anyone saying that the first beta weekend was open for everyone with a key is flat out wrong.

I have also seen a few posts where people are saying that people just want to play the game or whatever and that it's wrong that beta testers are having to pay. I went to college and got a 4 year degree on the promise of a position called game tester. That doesn't exist anymore for the most part. Luckily I did learn how to code, model, and animate but I play beta versions of game almost exclusively because testing is a challenge and I have experience with games in unfinished states.

Also, I sincerely hope that the moderators I read posting in the first several pages are not actually PWE/Cryptic employees as they are a bit snippy and rude. If it turns out that they are, I will probably be excusing myself from this endeavor.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I do not believe that to be the case. Anyone can download the client. I DL'd the client on my husband's PC for him BEFORE entering the beta code and it DL'd fine (albeit slow;)). However when I went to patch, it would not allow me to patch until I went into his account and entered his beta key. So, it seems, if you can patch, you are in.
  • Options
    kelvidkelvid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    I do not believe that to be the case. Anyone can download the client. I DL'd the client on my husband's PC for him BEFORE entering the beta code and it DL'd fine (albeit slow;)). However when I went to patch, it would not allow me to patch until I went into his account and entered his beta key. So, it seems, if you can patch, you are in.

Ah, thank you so much for this much-needed reassurance.
  • Options
    lordavonolordavono Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The lifetime subscribers for STO how and when do they get their keys?
  • Options
    fuzzybear13fuzzybear13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Beta starts March 8th but it doesn't really say at what time.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You mean besides March 8th at 12:00 Pacific Standard Time ????
  • Options
    mantisthebeastmantisthebeast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    allaerra wrote: »

Reading this caused me to do a little digging since I didn't patch.
    I realized that because of the combining of PW and Cryptic accounts had caused me some complex issues. I realized that for some reason it had associated another game's login with the PWE so I had to manually enter the correct one that had the beta. Your post is correct, the first go did not allow me to patch. Hope this made sense..
  • Options
    syl151syl151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Gahhh!! read people.. read..!!! lols
    RaiderZ
    IGN Sylvan
    Level 35
    Class Cleric
    Guild xBRURAlDERZx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syl151syl151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    giddoen wrote: »
    Syl151 I feel your pain!!!!

Cant wait...

Giddoen
    Controller Mage - till I can play a Warforged Sorcerer! :-P

Gahahahaha 15 more hours to go!!!!!!!!!!

pssttt.. hey Giddoen.. there's another patch.. better patch ur Neverwinter now..!!!!

Download Neverwinter... CHECKED!!!!
    Update Updated Patch.... CHECKED!!!!!
    Can drinks and Snacks for the whole 3 days weekend....... CHECKED!!!!!!!

Neverwinter.. im ready to go!!!!!!!
    RaiderZ
    IGN Sylvan
    Level 35
    Class Cleric
    Guild xBRURAlDERZx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Which shard are you patching?