test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Signature & Avatar Thread

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    My signature represents Zebular's devotion to the ancient ways of the Goddess Mystra, when she was known as Mystryl and held the portfolio of Magic and Time. It depicts her last known avatar form as the incarnation of Mystra, before her death in the Time of the Troubles and the ascension of Midnight to become the latest incarnation before her tragic death again.

The symbol in my avatar is the Thorass letter for "Z" and includes a still of an animation of Elminster.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Nice! btw what font is that?

Thanks! Exocet light
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
    edited November 2012
    My name is Jade and I am a blade-a-holic...

My favorite color is green and I think this shows in my signature.

I plan to play a trickster rogue who is all about blades...

The name of "Jade Scimitar" came from combining one of my favorite Forgotten Realms rogue characters Jade More from the Realmsian novel "The Wyvern Spur" and the favorite weapon of my other favorite "roguish" character, the rogue dark elf ranger Drizzt Do'Urden. Plus it makes a nice icon being a green curved blade...

As for my signature: a nice elven forest village background with a faerie dragon floating next to Jade, green of course, just for fun. The symbol furthest to the left is for Tyr's Paladium, the guild Jade is affiliated with, the second symbol is of House Korianthil, the elven house that Jade is from, and the third symbol is a reminder of the time Jade spent as a swashbuckler on board the Raven as hinted in chapter one of the Endingdawn story and the fact that I just spent Halloween as a pirate myself. The green swords flanking "Neverwinter" are "jade scimitars..." Oh and the elven Espruar message along the bottom, well, you'll have to decipher it for yourself if you are curious... The hardest part was to match the new dark brownish background of the forum to make the Neverwinter and jade scimitars "float" again.

And then there's Jade in her signature black holding one of her favorite "jade daggers..."

The quote beneath the signature is paraphrased from Andy "The Bad" Velasquez, when he was describing the trickster rogue to Athene in one of the many "Neverwinter Gameplay" videos on YouTube.

The links are some of my favorite DnD / Forgotten Realms related websites.

The avatar is of Jade in some of her "work clothes."

Just had a random slightly crazy but kind of relevant thought about my sig style. It's like Zebular is my Jedi master and as a padawan often models his/her light saber after their mentor's ; my sigs are distinct echoes of Zeb's sigs for the moderators... Just my crazy random thought of the day regarding sigs...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My sig is based on my love of philosophy, god and wizards. Look up the phrase above my handle and you will see I AM is not simply a phrase, but the based on the word itself! Which word? THE word. Sorry if I say it, I might undo creation :)

The wizard I found and thought it just looks cool. Whether my truthseeker character looks like that or not depends on which (re)incarnation he is in. Who could say?

And the eye to me just looked cool.

The links are pretty clear, but if I happen to think that wizards rock, maybe you can click and see why? I'm certainly known for my sense of humor even on my favorite class! :D

Thanks to Zebular putting it all together for me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Just had a random slightly crazy but kind of relevant thought about my sig style. It's like Zebular is my Jedi master and as a padawan often models his/her light saber after their mentor's ; my sigs are distinct echoes of Zeb's sigs for the moderators... Just my crazy random thought of the day regarding sigs...

blushing-cat-LOL.jpg
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I will give it a try, stay tuned...

Here you go varrvarr, something I cooked up kind of quick...

If you want I can add whatever name you want on it in the black field on the upper right

I love it! Thank you so much! I'll skip the name for now, just because I haven't fully settled on one. Thank you again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    varrvarr wrote: »
    I love it! Thank you so much! I'll skip the name for now, just because I haven't fully settled on one. Thank you again!

My pleasure!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited November 2012
    My pleasure!
    Your insight serves you well... ...They do you credit, but they could be made to serve the Emperor...
    edited November 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Your insight serves you well... ...They do you credit, but they could be made to serve the Emperor...

I have enough insight to not mouth kiss my sibling... where were those Jedi insights in The Empire Strikes Back?

Talk about a "Disturbance in the Force..."
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • hippyohippyo Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    .. does this show my avatar ? Aw yep it does now. nvm :)
    ps: can anyone tell me how to center an entry (like the signature picture) on this forum ? thanks in advance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Use the command (center/) text to be centered (/center) but change the "(" to "[" parentheses to brackets

Or just go "Go advanced" editor mode on the window and select the center justification command
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have enough insight to not mouth kiss my sibling... where were those Jedi insights in The Empire Strikes Back?

Talk about a "Disturbance in the Force..."

That was so hot...I mean ewwww! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    EDIT: Check Zeb's new updated post on Sig and Avatar Sizes #164

That was so hot...I mean ewwww! :p

*looks at it with slacked jaw and eyes popped out posture*

*After the video finishes, hears truth saying ewww...*

*chimes in*

EWWWWWWW!!!

EDIT: 250 height is too much! I am gonna use that width with my next signature. Hope its not that annoyingly wide! :p
    edited November 2012
    EDIT: 250 height is too much! I am gonna use that width with my next signature. Hope its not that annoyingly wide! :p

Just to clarify, 500px is the max Width (which hasn't changed). The new height allowance has been upped to 250px however. I find 150px high is aesthetically nice but do agree, 250 may be excessive. Fixed the post's erroneous statement of 250kb file size, that should have been 200kb.
    edited November 2012
    Just to clarify, 500px is the max Width (which hasn't changed). The new height allowance has been upped to 250px however. I find 150px high is aesthetically nice but do agree, 250 may be excessive. Fixed the post's erroneous statement of 250kb file size, that should have been 200kb.

Yup, 150px is about right which leaves 50px and 50px for two lines of text for me. Still looks a bit huge compared with what we had before, but I like it!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited November 2012

Test Restrictions
    • You are limited to 500 characters of text in your signature, which includes VB Coding

I'm sure you meant "Text" Restrictions, right?
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited November 2012
    ... The new height allowance has been upped to 250px however....

Indeed nice catch! I meant height. However...
    *thinking of a lame excuse*

in order to look cute my head was tilted by more than 45 degrees hence it appeared to me as a width instead of height.

tilt.gif
    edited November 2012
    Indeed nice catch! I meant height. However...
    *thinking of a lame excuse*

in order to look cute my head was tilted by more than 45 degrees hence it appeared to me as a width instead of height.

tilt.gif

Niiice doogie! *pats*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012

I can haz space?
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure you meant "Text" Restrictions, right?
    Sure did, thanks for the catch! :cool: <--- My first smiley!

Abduct.gif

Drat, aliens got em!
    I can haz space?
    exactly.gif
    edited November 2012
    That's a big moon, Gillrmn!
    60fca1a2_shocked-smiley-33326281168_zps2fa3774f.jpg
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012
    Still a big moon!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for directing me here Zebular. A signpost for normal forum functions would have saved me, but you'll do just fine. OMG editing tools too!
    edited November 2012
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    Thanks for directing me here Zebular. A signpost for normal forum functions would have saved me, but you'll do just fine. OMG editing tools too!
    You're very welcome! Glad to see you got it all sorted out!:)

I'm working on a how to guide that will detail a lot of forum functions, it should be available tomorrow afternoon or evening.
    edited November 2012
    BTW, since this is the "correct" place to discuss things like this:

In all that is nice and fluffy, WHY the bleeding eyes kitty gillrmn, WHY?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    BTW, since this is the "correct" place to discuss things like this:

In all that is nice and fluffy, WHY the bleeding eyes kitty gillrmn, WHY?

There was a reason when something I thought would work wasn't working - so the kitty was me. But it was resolved and after that, just forgot to change it back :p

Corrected now.
    edited November 2012
    There was a reason when something I thought would work wasn't working - so the kitty was me. But it was resolved and after that, just forgot to change it back :p

Corrected now.

Great. I'll just mail you my Psychiatrist's bill after the years of therapy for that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Great. I'll just mail you my Psychiatrist's bill after the years of therapy for that!
    Take two kitties at night and call me in the morning?
    edited November 2012

Take two kitties at night and call me in the morning?

*Screams and cowers in a fetal position*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]