test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Signature & Avatar Thread

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I like the new "Neverwinter" in your current signature far better Adaram!

And your new one is great too Gillrmn. The only things I'd critique about it is I feel "elune" should be closer to the moon and that it would look better with a light gray glow to highlight it.
    It seems almost separated from the S and slightly lost in the predominately white background. Just the slightest of gray glows could give it an almost star-like quality.
    It would probably be better to be an inner rather than outer glow though.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Okay new Gillrmn cleaned up border, and espruar that is more legible!

b:victory

Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Okay new Gillrmn cleaned up border, and espruar that is more legible!
    The text looks nice, but border looks a bit odd to me. Can't really say I am sure what is 'odd' but perhaps it is too bright, or too saturated. Although the text below looks cool, text in the logo of house is not visible(maybe not put any effect on that text).
    Rest of it looks really cool.
    ... The only things I'd critique about it is I feel "elune" should be closer to the moon and that it would look better with a light gray glow to highlight it....
    Yeah I am still experimenting with it a bit. I am trying to see if I can ceate a silver glow...
    The blue one looks a bit too fresh for the Cult of the Dragon, but there is a dracolich shown in the second Siege of Neverwinter trailer, so may be...
    dracolich is not a true dragon. Just a skeleton zombie made of bones of strongest monsters.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Yeah Jade, I love the border design! However, I also think the border would look much better with a little less saturation.

Love the new signatures Adaram and Gillrmn!

The program I mainly use, and have used for over a decade now, is Macromedia Fireworks - being able to generally update to the latest version. It's rather pricey though and now Macromedia is owned by Adobe, who also owns Photoshop. Many years ago I bought both Fireworks and Dreamweaver for my graphics and web business. Even after I stopped doing them professionally, I still continue to use those two products and I love them and are extremely familiar with them. I do own an old version of Photoshop but haven't used it in a few years. On occasion, I do try out GIMP again but rarely stay with it because of my fondness and familiarity with Fireworks.
  • adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    The blue one looks a bit too fresh for the Cult of the Dragon, but there is a dracolich shown in the second Siege of Neverwinter trailer, so may be...

And here I thought I was being clever! :) Just shows I don't know half as much as I need to about the Neverwinter setting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Yeah Jade, I love the border design! However, I also think the border would look much better with a little less saturation.

Okay, tried out every slide bar labelled with "saturation" and didn't really like anything I saw. So, I cut the border thickness by 25% and blurred it to make it softer.
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    edited October 2012
    Okay, tried out every slide bar labelled with "saturation" and didn't really like anything I saw. So, I cut the border thickness by 25% and blurred it to make it softer.

I actually like this better -- I can't see the older one anymore, but, from memory, this looks notably better. Nice - I really like it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    adaram648 wrote: »
    I actually like this better -- I can't see the older one anymore, but, from memory, this looks notably better. Nice - I really like it!

Thanks! Been working hard/obsessing on it for a while!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I like the current version a lot too! The green border fits much nicer now and aesthetically blends in better with the color of the "Neverwinter" between the scimitars. :-)

Well done, indeed!
    edited October 2012
    Thanks! Been working hard/obsessing on it for a while!
    Actually its a lot better than other one - it gives a feeling of grass growing from the sides (or algae) and thus feels more natural compared to the hard wood frame..

symbols also are perfect now.

Also faerie dragon reminds me of
    this
    edited October 2012
    Thought it would be hard, but its just a copy paste.
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Thought it would be hard, but its just a copy paste.

I liked the last version better :(

Could the "eye" be re-sized down and put in that black area just northeast of the R at the end of Neverwinter? Then leave the rest the same?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    I like the new "Neverwinter" in your current signature far better Adaram!

And your new one is great too Gillrmn. The only things I'd critique about it is I feel "elune" should be closer to the moon and that it would look better with a light gray glow to highlight it.
    It seems almost separated from the S and slightly lost in the predominately white background. Just the slightest of gray glows could give it an almost star-like quality.
    It would probably be better to be an inner rather than outer glow though.

Jade -- did you lighten your sig? It looks lighter than I remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    Jade -- did you lighten your sig? It looks lighter than I remember.

Nope, but I did add a skull and a few weapons in honor of Halloween and my pirate costume tonight!

Arrrrrrr!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Nope, but I did add a skull and a few weapons in honor of Halloween and my pirate costume tonight!

Arrrrrrr!

What, no bottle of rum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    What, no bottle of rum?

I knew something looked different! Nice work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    What, no bottle of rum?

Fifteen men on the dead man's chest, Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
    Drink and the devil had done for the rest, Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
    Selune says she is going to bed, Yo-ho-ho, with a bottle of rum!
    Illithid is sitting with his tentacles on my head, Yo-ho-ho, without a bottle of rum!

Barbarian is reading a tome, Yo-ho-ho, I have one too much of bottle of rum!
    A dwarven lass with beard or gnome, Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
    I wake up with a blackout in baator, Yo-ho-ho, where is my bottle of rum!
    Asmodeus is here with succubus four,Yo-ho-ho, who needs a bottle of rum!

Wait why I am tied and am to be burned, Yo-ho-ho, curse the bottle of rum!
    Well before eating me devils fulfil my yearn, Yo-ho-ho, give me a bottle of rum!
    Now is that Raven Queen's home, Yo-ho-ho, she's got a barrel of rum!
    And Drizzt going emo with her alone, Yo-ho-ho, but I have a barrel of rum!

With her distracted I escape to Astral plane, Yo-ho-ho, I am sick of rum!
    An unfinished bottle and a sleeping dame, Yo-ho-ho, I will always choose rum!
    Wait how come I end up on moon, Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
    Was the one sleeping there was Selune, Yo-ho-ho, I stole her bottle of rum!

Yo ho ho!!!
    edited October 2012
    Yo ho ho!!!

LOL - fun post Gill!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yo ho ho!!!

YEAAARRGH!*

*Translation! Good job Matey!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2012
    What, no bottle of rum?

Not a big fan of rum and the huge headaches I get from it. I prefer martinis!

Hey Gillrmn, I noticed you have a message when I hover over your signature "Selune be praised" or something to that effect. Even though my commands are disabled what is the code for that once I do get access? Thanks!

Hey Mod Squad! Any word on unlocking more BB options for us lay folk? I am finding my signature creativity being stifled at the moment...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited November 2012
    @adaram You mean like this?
    edited November 2012

Hey Gillrmn, I noticed you have a message when I hover over your signature "Selune be praised" or something to that effect. Even though my commands are disabled what is the code for that once I do get access? Thanks!...
    lol. Its not a BBcode. Its just simple text.

For example, replace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    with
    [SIGPIC]Jade is awesome[/SIGPIC]

P.S. I missed reading it. Just send me a PM next time for specific questions to me as it is more noticeable.
    Not a big fan of rum and the huge headaches I get from it. I prefer martinis!

Shivers e timbers! Don't ye know matey? Rum is to cure scurvy o'er the waves, not for taste! har de har! Everybody knows that!
    edited November 2012

You, sir, are the BEST! Thanks so much. I love it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    I might be slightly biased but I think our contingent on mmorpg dot com has the best looking sigs... b:victory
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, how can I turn off the display of sigs?
    edited November 2012
    So, how can I turn off the display of sigs?

This is the link you are looking for.
    If you want to hide the display of the entire signature, uncheck "Show Signatures."
    If you want to just hide the display of Images, uncheck "Show Images."

Bear in mind, forum upgrade is scheduled to happen tomorrow morning (depending on one's time zone).
  • varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If anyone wants to create a signature for me with Kelemvor's symbol and a Tiefling male and the words Neverwinter - Judgement is coming. That'd be cool. *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    varrvarr wrote: »
    If anyone wants to create a signature for me with Kelemvor's symbol and a Tiefling male and the words Neverwinter - Judgement is coming. That'd be cool. *shrug*

I will give it a try, stay tuned...

Here you go varrvarr, something I cooked up kind of quick...

If you want I can add whatever name you want on it in the black field on the upper right
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    edited November 2012
    Is the right place to ask about the meaning of your new avatars and new signatures?

Can you all do that please?

I will start. Theme of my signature is Selune, the goddess of the moon. Also called Moonmaiden and Our Lady of Silver.
    Silverstar is a paragon path of Selune. Any arcanist or divine source user can be a silverstar which includes bards, clerics and wizards.

The name of my foundry campaign wll be Silverstars of Selune (so keep and eye out for it)
    The links below will be linked with info when foundry is released.

My Avatar is Selune's six small and one large star and in front is her symbol.
    edited November 2012
    I will give it a try, stay tuned...

Here you go varrvarr, something I cooked up kind of quick...

Nice! btw what font is that?