Install Arc

Plz bring back our magical musician

1235»

Comments

• aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bring Back the Bard!

Bard-1.jpg

Ha, but this is what I'm talkin bout here....

bard.jpg

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Dont you mean the Bard so annoying with his songs everyone surrenders just to get away from him?
  • sykorisykori Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ha! Yes! We could use a bard please!
  • pmikelllpmikelll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited March 2013
    Well, with how simplistic the classes seem so far (IMHO), I think a Bard would a fun choice and probably work really well with the dodge mechanic and choice of bow or daggers.
  • kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    i'm not saying i'd play the bard, but yes i'd like to see that class in the game as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uedajiruuedajiru Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Id love a bard added to the game. Right now this game is lacking that bit of fun, almost takes itsself to seriouly. bard would be just perfect.
  • pineappleghostpineappleghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here here. I love bards.

Give me Bard please.
  • kelanoriakelanoria Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    more love for bard class !
  • gnome08gnome08 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread can't be bumped enough, Cryptic: you need to add the bard class, it would fit a perfect support class role for a ton of reasons beyond the song buffs, a huge part of the community is asking for it, and its a staple calss in 4th edition, please please please please please add the bard!!!
    edited May 2013
    nec0e wrote: »
    a bard would be great for that niche buffer role between the cleric's mostly heals, some control and some buffs and the control wizard's mostly control and probably some buffs

Exactly! The cleric has moves that buff defense/ offensive abilities for a few seconds, it seems like the bard would fit perfectly in a niche support role with abilities similar to the cleric that buff the party in some way for a limited time. like 5% more damage, power, AP, or defense for 5-10 seconds etc... the tradeoff is that the bard would not be as strong of a healer or damage dealer even specialized in feat trees. They could be in 3 schools and that could even work for the 3 feat trees:
    Debuffing the enemy minor offensive abilities that decrease enemies stats
    Buffing defense for allies and minor healing: buffing defense, granted temporary HP, and minor healing abilities
    buffing offense for allies minor offensive abilities that increase allies damage.

Would also really like to see some classic songs that could stay active, giving a very small bonus to defense, power, or such. maybe even reduce enemy defense/power slightly, all up to devs.
    edited May 2013
    bampitybump
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thumbs up here. In any game that has a Bard type class I play one. I think it was the song twisting in old EQ that killed my fingers that made me love them so.
  • madetopostheremadetoposthere Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just want you to know that i enjoy D&D games only with a bard class and I won't play Neverwinter Online until it will be available. There are more of us. Thank you for your attention. Best regards.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kalizaar wrote: »
    Thumbs up here. In any game that has a Bard type class I play one. I think it was the song twisting in old EQ that killed my fingers that made me love them so.

I loved song twisting as a Bard. It took quite a bit of skill (and low latency). Too bad I never got the Fat Lute that I wanted so much... :(
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
    edited June 2013
    To all my fellow bards in waiting....

start clapping...

just do it...

http://youtu.be/Ja6CkoBYDxo

Now You all know
    The bards and their songs
    When hours have gone by
    I'll close my eyes
    In a world far away
    We may meet again
    But now hear my song
    About the dawn of the night
    Let's sing the bards' song

[Ref.:]
    Tomorrow will take us away
    Far from home
    No one will ever know our names
    But the bards' songs will remain
    Tomorrow will take it away
    The fear of today
    It will be gone
    Due to our magic songs

There's only one song
    Left in my mind
    Tales of a brave man
    Who lived far from here
    Now the bard songs are over
    And it's time to leave
    No one should ask You for the name Of the one
    Who tells the story

[Ref.:]
    Tomorrow will take us away
    Far from home
    No one will ever know our names
    But the bards' songs will remain
    Tomorrow all will b e known
    And You're not alone
    So don't be afraid
    In the dark and cold
    'Cause the bards' songs will remain
    They all will remain

In my thoughts and in my dreams
    They're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men
    And elves
    Come close Your eyes
    You can see them, too

~~~

"I learned very early in life that: "Without a song, the day would never end; without a friend, a man ain't got a friend; without a song, the road would never bend- without a song" So I keep singing a song." - Elvis Presley

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • gdante7111111gdante7111111 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A bard hahahah there will not be a bard added, singing damaging enemy's ahahahah s.t.u.p.i.d.
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bring on the Bards!

D&D without em is like bacon without grease. It is just not right!

mmmmmm bacon!
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A bard hahahah there will not be a bard added, singing damaging enemy's ahahahah s.t.u.p.i.d.

GWF has one roar to push enemies back/damage them and another roar that lowers enemy defenses.
    edited June 2013

Fascinating... Are you "s.u.r.e." about that?

For Otto's sake....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0aZf9Uyhs

Lesson to be learned: Do not invite Mississippee to your office if you wanna get any work done!

edited June 2013
    Music has power that people tend to underestimate. It can inspire people to do great things. It can comfort them in times of grief and despair. It can also make an enemy's ears bleed, scare them, and make them run away or surrender if they can't. Bards are more powerful than some people will ever admit.

Heck... in one science fiction setting a songstress took down an entire alien fleet that had the power to obliterate the Earth... something not even a gigantic transforming Battle Fortress could do... :)

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • misscat2009misscat2009 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too would LOVE to have a bard added to the game. There is no other class like it, and many mmo style games over look it. This game is one of the best mmo's released in a long time in my opinion, keep the goodness coming!!!
    edited July 2013
    Nintendo 3DS: Code of Princess

I don't care much for the jester outfit, but he does fight with mean sonic AoE attacks which come from his apparently magical Electric Guitar.... er... Lute.

Please pay no attention to the boyish looking female bomb happy rogue, the wizard who's not undead, but is made up of parts which came from corpses, or the fighter whose sword is too large for her to carry and wears VERY LITTLE torso armor in contrast to her heavily armored boots and gauntlets...

• lordphaalordphaa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1 on bard
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with the bard as well.

Furthermore,

We can dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
    Well they're no friends of mine