test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plz bring back our magical musician

Comments

• morsrex22morsrex22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Want bards as playable please! :)
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    Bring us bards
  • maestro973maestro973 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's all already been said. +1 to everything. Would LOVE to see bards.
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hope they make it in the game soon after launch! They are one of my favorite class. Hope its the Valorous Bard hehe
  • riverdragonessriverdragoness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There had better be bards... damn you! :) just coming of ddo with a 3 year run as a bard I wore that game out. I hope they do implement them better here and follow up. Turbine shoved them into a dark corner in the closet, other than the epic destinies.
  • spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    ... Who was there when we needed strength? Who was there when we needed weaker enemies? Who was there when we needed a leader to inspire us to press on through the dungeons of despair? Who was there to entertain us in the tavern? ...

Ooo ooo, I know: alkohol?
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We need a leader class. Please add in Druid at release because it is my favor... Err I mean So please add in Bard at release so we have a leader class. Is the Tanky fighter a leader class btw?
    2.jpg
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elminban wrote: »
    We need a leader class. Please add in Druid at release because it is my favor... Err I mean So please add in Bard at release so we have a leader class. Is the Tanky fighter a leader class btw?

Devoted Cleric is a leader.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited February 2013
    Who else will sing of my great deeds! Its not DND without bards.
  • riverdragonessriverdragoness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bardzorz!1
  • immortus3000immortus3000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    need bards :) pretty please
  • thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Aye, I feel it would not be an adventure compleat without them...
  • xeiken1xeiken1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sorry gentlemen but I strongly disaggree on this, bards are nothing but a joke as I see it, somebody who sings and cheer you up buffing you in several ways on a battle? nonsense...
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bard would be horrible in Neverwinter. You would never get to use a weapon and would run around with an oversized musical interment to make up for it much the way cleric works in Neverwinter. Also, the Bard would only do half of what the class was meant to do to further pigeonhole the class. And no, I did not mistake, I said Cleric not Devoted Cleric for a reason. Please do not subject Bard to what other class have gone through
    2.jpg
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here's my vote for a bard! Yes, and yes please!
    qtPt2I
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xeiken1 wrote: »
    Sorry gentlemen but I strongly disaggree on this, bards are nothing but a joke as I see it, somebody who sings and cheer you up buffing you in several ways on a battle? nonsense...
    I had more than one buff-bot in City of Heroes/Villains. (Not that I would auto-follow and aura-rock, mind you. I had a bubbler with medicine and leadership, a pain/mercs who skipped her attacks, and so on.) I really, really enjoy playing support characters, and if they make super team support bards, I will sign up for that in a heartbeat.

To each his own, though! I will probably never play either of the fighter classes. I am just not into melee.
    qtPt2I
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And the powers of "Cutting Words" and "Viscous Mockery" (however you port them into this MMO) truly is iconic

ranged AOE taunts (aggro hooks) and kiting? yes, please.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • trikirantrikiran Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    xeiken1 wrote: »

Well lets duel, I'll take my bard/DD to whatever you bring. I'll sign a song of death that drains all your stats and health while pounding your bones into meal with 28str and better saves then any other class.

It's about how you build characters. And secondly if you see it all as nonsense then I think you might be playing the wrong game completely. Microsoft flight simulator is that way
    >

Every Fantasy GAME is nonsense. That is why they are games.
  • darkgeardesignsdarkgeardesigns Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited March 2013
    Perhaps....the Songblade Bard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bards are the most important character, the most fun, and a D&D icon...bring it!
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • doctordoriandoctordorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 75
    edited March 2013
    i vote for bard. my favorite class :)

-jack of all trades
    -buffer/debuffer
    -controlling mobs
    -bardic knowledge
    -extra customtization due to disregard to restrictions. :)
  • govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fully support the Bard, we need the bard! It simply won't be Forgotten Realms or D&D for that matter without a bard!
  • achesomaachesoma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Bard is what I hope for the most.
  • psireaverpsireaver Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bard is my favorite class as well. I'd love to see them added.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nostalgia baby... Bards rule.

dk-amiga-title.gif

Bard%27s%20Tale,%20The%20-%20Tales%20of%20the%20Unknown_Front.jpg

the_bards_tale_3_-_thief_of_fate.gif

Bard%27s+Tale,+The+-+Tales+of+the+Unknown_Disk1_001.png

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZwEkp7ZTco

and most especially what bards like to do most:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zklqr1xj32Q

"Now You all know
    The bards and their songs
    When hours have gone by
    I'll close my eyes
    In a world far away
    We may meet again
    But now hear my song
    About the dawn of the night
    Let's sing the bards' song"

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • ladygoldenorbsladygoldenorbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Totally agreed, Bring Back the Bard!
    Who else can kick such serious *** just by singing?
    Which, I suppose would mean that the bard
    is either a very good singer,
    Or a very bad one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That is some epic Bard-age >.> Andre, and I think I've played all of those as well.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    could a bard not be part of being a druid it would mean at some level you would cease being a bard but atleast it would be something which is already included so not much work for the devs and would give the players a feeling of achievement
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • beholdercegobrbeholdercegobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bring Back the Bard!

Bard-1.jpg